Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Our Japanese speaking only friend has decided that the Minutemen artillery should have a portable big gun version for the player.

Also, since we don't have the Buster sword from FF7 because of modder drama where will we get our giant anime swords now!? thankfully, somebody has modded the obscenely anime huge sword from Berserk into the game.

Also, who wants a suit like Agent 47's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Doctor Schnabel posted:

there any mods that have shotguns firing slugs? is it even possible in this engine, without changing all shotguns everywhere?

Do you mean solid ammunition or radioactive mollusks?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Doctor Schnabel posted:

there any mods that have shotguns firing slugs? is it even possible in this engine, without changing all shotguns everywhere?

Have you looked at loads or caliber?
From what I have seen you can convert receivers to fire different rounds, obviously shotties behave differently to most other guns, with greater spread* and more than one "bullet",
I'd imagine it would be possible to add a slug receiver and slug rounds, & stick to that gun for slugs, and another one for shot. (perhaps another for flechette as well, )
but what would make more sense is just being able to load them on the fly*.

*Not counting the crazy stuff you get with any mod any weapon
*As you do in stalker.

(I don't think we have cheeto's here in the UK, but I do have a straw hat that's shaped like a fedora, M'ladies.)

staberind fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 13, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We do have Cheetos, and Wotsits which are better in every way.

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

Really don't want to start the dumb patching discussion again, but a new patch just dropped for me ~4 hours ago, game is at 1.7.12 now, and F4SE is not updated yet. Just a warning for anyone who hasn't had it hit them yet.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I imagine they are rolling out the assets for Nuka World now. Hopefully the FSE fix will be a quick one.

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

SeanBeansShako posted:

I imagine they are rolling out the assets for Nuka World now. Hopefully the FSE fix will be a quick one.

I think there are some CK updates/fixes too.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Refried Hero posted:

Really don't want to start the dumb patching discussion again, but a new patch just dropped for me ~4 hours ago, game is at 1.7.12 now, and F4SE is not updated yet. Just a warning for anyone who hasn't had it hit them yet.

Someone in another thread found where they hide the patch notes: https://community.bethesda.net/thread/46725

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Does the latest version of NMM function basically identically to MO2? That is, using symlinks for mods and keeping your main game installation directory 100% clean vanilla?

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

pmchem posted:

Does the latest version of NMM function basically identically to MO2? That is, using symlinks for mods and keeping your main game installation directory 100% clean vanilla?

No. Different methods for the virtualization. If you run the game from the default shortcut your mods will still load if you're using nmm. At least the last time I checked.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Another question. Why is there a need for Wrye Bash with FO4, if you already have LOOT for load order and FO4Edit for resolving conflicts and creating merged/override patches?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

pmchem posted:

Another question. Why is there a need for Wrye Bash with FO4, if you already have LOOT for load order and FO4Edit for resolving conflicts and creating merged/override patches?
Wrye Bash is primarily a load order/mod manager tool. Just like MO or NMM. As for why it continues to exist when MO does the whole "make uninstalling mods and conflict resolution easier"-thing infinitely better, well some people just don't like change and like to cling to the old familiar stuff they have been using since Morrowind.

ToastiestToast
May 21, 2007

Raygereio posted:

Wrye Bash is primarily a load order/mod manager tool. Just like MO or NMM. As for why it continues to exist when MO does the whole "make uninstalling mods and conflict resolution easier"-thing infinitely better, well some people just don't like change and like to cling to the old familiar stuff they have been using since Morrowind.

It's pretty useful for merging leveled lists in Skyrim, but that's literally all I've ever used it for. Does MO or NMM have something similar now?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

man, Mod Organizer 2 is totally broken for me. I can load mods and launch the game, but then my FPS goes from 60 (not using MO2) to 5 fps (using MO2). Even the animations during loading screens are down to ~30 fps. This is on a GTX 1070 with w10 anniv update and latest nvidia drivers from it (369). It's as if it's not even using the hardware acceleration, but I can't see anything indicating it's using the i7-6700's integrated graphics.

FO4 installed via Steam and MO2 207 beta via its installer, to their default paths

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

ToastiestToast posted:

It's pretty useful for merging leveled lists in Skyrim, but that's literally all I've ever used it for. Does MO or NMM have something similar now?

No, which is why Wrye is still the way to go.

And I don't get why people keep praising MO2. It's way to unreliable in its current state. MO was amazing but MO2 is just not there yet.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pmchem posted:

man, Mod Organizer 2 is totally broken for me. I can load mods and launch the game, but then my FPS goes from 60 (not using MO2) to 5 fps (using MO2). Even the animations during loading screens are down to ~30 fps. This is on a GTX 1070 with w10 anniv update and latest nvidia drivers from it (369). It's as if it's not even using the hardware acceleration, but I can't see anything indicating it's using the i7-6700's integrated graphics.

FO4 installed via Steam and MO2 207 beta via its installer, to their default paths

ugh, Nexus Mod Manager is doing the same thing. What is the world is going on? hmm.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I do enjoy modders.

This guy made a mod that made the water purfifiers 'clean' (he basically stripped the texture off them). People were dipomatic, and said that it's a good start but there needs to be color and detail to them.

Eventually he did this, and posted this in the description:

quote:

I personally like all metal and grey painted machines but for some entitled people here
I have added some colours.... V 1.1 I know it's not much but I don't feel like spending my time
on things I do not like myself. I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience :)

'entitled'
Holy poo poo, this mod is the best mod

Falken fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 13, 2016

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

he literally just removed the textures and plopped down some lovely basic textures in their place lol

e: I just realized the entire texture is beveled for some reason????

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pmchem posted:

ugh, Nexus Mod Manager is doing the same thing. What is the world is going on? hmm.

Well, for posterity: I rebooted, disabled integrated GFX at BIOS, and tried again. Good FPS now. Not sure if it was the reboot or the BIOS flag.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Babe Magnet posted:

he literally just removed the textures and plopped down some lovely basic textures in their place lol

e: I just realized the entire texture is beveled for some reason????
Yeah, I was disappointed. I'm surprised I've been unable to find any nicer water purifiers to use, considering there's so many fusion generators available to replace the noisy jury-rigged ones we have in vanilla.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

This is so Nexus.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Oh man, I just noticed the SS insignia on the slooty-cbbe-skimpy armor.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
slooty

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Just making fun of the average nexus mod name. :v:

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Oh, don't you bring that up again. :argh:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

ToastiestToast posted:

It's pretty useful for merging levelled lists in Skyrim, but that's literally all I've ever used it for. Does MO or NMM have something similar now?

I use xedit, well, I used to, I need to make some more patches for LL's.
There are many, many individual LL's for factions, different levels within that faction, & all the beasts and mutated things.

In fact, it makes the possibility of turning F4 into a much more basic tech survival/crafting game; ramp up the level outside of the babby starting area (concord), make the power armour frame you get there a wreck.
Limit access to crafting stations, or lock the recipes behind scribbled schematics all the way up to blueprints and add wood/stone/leather recipe tree's, eventually allowing the player to upgrade to making lovely pot metal forging, & improving on that.
hmmmm, lots of level 99 'sperg choices as well, like having to learn woodworking and metallurgy. not being able to scrap anything complex until you have tools....

I think I've been playing 7 days to die too much.

Oh, and Yeah, Wotsits are superior.

gasman posted:

This is so Nexus.
There are so many things in that image that trigger me.
"I decided to graft combat armour to my shoulders"

staberind fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Aug 14, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Just dropping off some new weapon mods here folks.

Missed the Varmint Rifle from New Vegas?

Ever wanted to have a Roman style Gladius?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Reading the OP, it recommends...

[Display]
fDefaultWorldFOV=90
fDefault1stPersonFOV=90

...those settings were located in [Interface] instead of [Display] in my Fallout4.ini

Also, it recommends uMaxSkinDecalPerActor=10 but my .ini actually had that set to 40 by default, which I presume is "better" for max decal usage.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I think the FOV setting is correct (Pipboy FOV vs game FOV), best to put those lines into Fallout4Custom.ini because they might be overwritten if you hard-edit Fallout4.ini.

These are the full set of decal settings:

[Display]
iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame=125
iMaxDecalsPerFrame=500

[Decals]
uMaxDecals=1000
uMaxSkinDecals=200
uMaxSkinDecalPerActor=10

So there are a certain number of skin decals that can be drawn (125 per frame vs 200 max), and that total per frame is a subset of the max decals per frame (500). I changed some of these settings myself, but tried to double the numbers instead of messing with them too much. I might have set the max per actor to 10 and increased the total MaxSkinDecals, so it would max out at 20 characters with 10 blood splatters each (as opposed to 5 characters with 40 decals, or whatever the vanilla setting is). I'm sure these numbers can be tweaked better, but the idea was more overall decals. Can probably increase the max per actor, but then should also increase uMaxSkinDecals- thanks for the feedback though.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Not a fan of the Glock P80 by Doombased. It seems overly large, and the PCs hand clips into the slide on the reload anim.

Also, as much as I love Snap'n Build, gently caress I wish that he put the doorways on the door pieces to the left or right of the panel. NPCs really enjoy walking up the steps to their shop and then walk into the wall right next to the doorframe for a few minutes before repathing.

Surely to god theres a pathing fix mod?? :(

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

My main problem with SnB, beyond the doors all having the same poo poo textures, is that all the walls seem a little taller than vanilla wall pieces. So while they will snap with walls from other mods and stuff, there's always a little gap at the top or bottom.

That and it's kind of a bitch to want a wall to be one texture on one side, and another on the other. There's that one super indepth mod that has "snappable wallpaper" that might fix it, but it apparently means you need insulation and poo poo and it's like... why?

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Soridar posted:

Anyone have any suggestions for XBox One Mods? Most of these look to be PC based. While I have seen statements that the PC mods can be used/adapted for consoles, I know little about this to know if they all work or need some kind of porting over. Any suggestions would be great as I don't have a ton of time to sort through all the chaff to find gems.

Also, if you can just port PC mods over, how do you do that?

You can't port over PC mods through the Xbox (as far as I know). You're stuck using the xbox one mod selection through Fallout 4.

That said, I also play Fallout on an Xbox and here are a few of the mods I like to use:

Gameplay Mods

Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch
-Fixes hundreds of bugs, ranging from large to small. You should probably load this first in your mod order.

Full Dialogue Interface
-Lets you see the actual text of what you're going to say instead of vague [Sarcastic] remarks. Load this last in your mod order.

keyNuker and keyRing
-80 hours into the game you won't give a drat that you still hold the Corvega Storage Key. Creates a Keyring item at the bottom of the MISC tab which will hide those annoying keys you pick up during the game.
-Note that there are additional keyNuker mods you will need to download if you bought the DLC.

Reduced Grass Density [full version]
-Apparently, the game randomly generates bits of grass around you that can lead to additional load times and stuttering. This mod removes that procedurally generated grass. I can't say that I've noticed a huge framerate improvement, but I'm not missing the grass either.
-Note that there is an additional Far Harbor Reduced Grass Density mod as well.

Easy Mini Games
-At this point, I've hacked so many computers and picked so many locks that the "fun" of the mini games is lost on me. This mod removes all of the passwords but the real one for computers, and makes the sweet spot on the lockpick the starting position. May not be lore friendly, but removes an (in my opinion) unfun aspect of the game.

Settlement Mods

Cleaner Settlements
-It's been 200 years since the Great War and there's still poo poo laying everywhere. This mod cleans up settlements and removes those annoying debris and grass that clutter up your settlements.

Don't Call Me Settler
-This mod drastically improves settlements. From giving settlers names and letting you see their occupations at a glance, to allowing you to easily dispose of corpses and skeletons, this mod is a must have if you use settlements.

Do It Yourshelf
-Creates clutter for bookshelves and whatnot. Only useful if you want to make your settlements look more realistic.

Better Stores
-I always hated the lemonade stand look that all of your settlement merchant stalls have. Plus, it makes putting together a mall or general store because the higher end stalls are JUST too big to put a roof over. This mod lets you use bars and tables as merchant stalls to give your stores more realism. Plus, you get a bunch of extra decorations to make your stores look pretty.

Survival Mods

Colorful Survival Icons
-On survival mode, it allows you to tell at a glance how thirsty/tired/hungry you are by looking at the icons color.

Survival Options
-Personally, I like the food/water requirement and illnesses in survival mode. The lack of fast travel does make building settlements more of a strategic decision. The lowered carrying weight though can eat a dick. Survival Options let you customize which part of survival mode you want to turn on and off.

Dogmeat Mods

Everyone's Best Friend
-The game treats Dogmeat like he should always be with you. He doesn't affect Lone Wanderer perk or Live and Love, some companions like it when you heal Dogmeat, and he even gets a different script variable. This mod allows you to bring both Dogmeat and another companion with you. It makes the game a bit easier since it further distracts enemies and increases your party's carrying weight.

Pet-Feed-Call Dogmeat
-This mod adds extra animations for Dogmeat and allows you to create treats for him to eat. Considering he takes getting shot/stabbed/blown up like a champ, isn't it the least you can do for him?

Clothing Mods

UNDER-WEAR
-Allows all clothing/outfits to be worn under armor pieces. For example, you can wear a clean suit with combat armor. As you can imagine, clipping is a problem but only a cosmetic one.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

How about some specs and a a vaultsuit for Dogmeat? you into that?

Or how about you want a more lore friendly looking laser sword that isn't from another franchise? PLASMA SWORDS here does that for you. If you are into that.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 15, 2016

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Kurui Reiten posted:

That and it's kind of a bitch to want a wall to be one texture on one side, and another on the other. There's that one super indepth mod that has "snappable wallpaper" that might fix it, but it apparently means you need insulation and poo poo and it's like... why?
That mod looks very minecrafty. No detailed windows, just boxes of glass.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Did I imagine it or was there a companion mod to shell rain that made you drop empty magazines in world when reloading?

Edit: it was visual reload

Pound_Coin fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 16, 2016

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

GamingHyena posted:

Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch
-Fixes hundreds of bugs, ranging from large to small. You should probably load this first in your mod order.

Reminder that this is a fun-hating mod that "fixes" things like removing some of the great voice actor ad-libs that aren't reflected in the subtitles.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Entropic posted:

Reminder that this is a fun-hating mod that "fixes" things like removing some of the great voice actor ad-libs that aren't reflected in the subtitles.

?? which fix is that? I thought he changed the text, not the voice?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

pmchem posted:

?? which fix is that? I thought he changed the text, not the voice?

The one I remember hearing about is during the first Railroad mission, the female VA says something like "Your base was under a donut shop? That's awesome." but the male VA doesn't have the "that's awesome" part, and the subtitles for both don't have it.

So Arthmoor being :spergin: Arthmoor :spergin: of course decides the audio file needs to be truncated to make it "correct".

This is the same mod author behind the GateGate debacle in Skyrim. He's a super-prolific modder who makes a lot of useful stuff but is a huge obnoxious idiot sometimes.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
the only real major issue that i still haven't seen fixed is the general atomics robot park, where the mr. gutsy guard robots have subtitles but don't actually say any lines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CFox
Nov 9, 2005

Entropic posted:

The one I remember hearing about is during the first Railroad mission, the female VA says something like "Your base was under a donut shop? That's awesome." but the male VA doesn't have the "that's awesome" part, and the subtitles for both don't have it.

So Arthmoor being :spergin: Arthmoor :spergin: of course decides the audio file needs to be truncated to make it "correct".

That isn't true unless it's something in one of the very newest versions of the patch. I'm running it on my current play through and she still says that line but the end isn't subtitled. I've ran into a few more comments like that one so I don think anything has been cut out.