Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i've been disappointed every time i've tried listening to partynextdoor so i had already pretty much written it off even before hearing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'll listen to it later during lunch, I like party

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I liked 1 and 2 but this is really bad. It's like they forgot to record and mix the vocals properly so you just get some dude crooning just out of tune on every song

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

keevo posted:

Sremmlife 2 is out?

THE GREATEST DUO IN THE HISTORY OF THIS GREAT WORLD IS BACK!!!

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
Got tickets to see Rae and Yachty later this year. Coworker saw Yachty last week and said he was absolutely trash live but I can't imagine Sremmurd being anything but lit.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
Lil Yachty can barely even speak

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's worth pointing out that he's also trash on record

i am digging the new sremm album though, bout halfway through a half-hearted at-work listen

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Did blue chips 3 ever come out?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Tremendous Taste posted:

Did blue chips 3 ever come out?

no. he tweeted that the next one would be called blue chips 7 like a year ago (effectively skipping 3-6) and then nothing ever came out lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

drat, need that party supplies

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
Every time I hear someone mention blue chips I immediately think of Bronson rapping over john mellencamp, and i like it

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

drat, need that party supplies

Part-part-party supplies

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Kemba's album this year is really good, and it's free.

https://kembaland.bandcamp.com/

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I spill a cup for you take it or leaave IT.

RAE SHRIMPPURD

For the sake of my wallet thank god I don't know how to photo shop my avatars

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Blue chips 1 was the last Bronson project I liked. I don't remember if that project with Alc was before or after but that was the worst poo poo ever to me. But I don't like 99% of poo poo Alchemist has done in past6-7 years. I used to be a Stan too

Also kind of funny that alchemist got in with so many random rappers past couple years

By the way: What happened to Evidence and rakaa and babu? Fashawn too. Any of them done anything notably lately?

Is Bronson's album as much or a weed plate as I remember?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's disappointing, but there are three or four tracks that deserve rotation

Blue chips is a classic, blue chips 2 is decent

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Hm. What ones?

If you're a fan of the god big body bes AT ALL you gotta check out his appearance on Taxstone's podcast. Maybe the single best podcast episode in human histroy

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Easy rider, falconry, the rising, actin crazy

We need an NFL bet

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Terry is good too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PGSOe2Iok0

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Found two great songs tonight. Thread probably already knows about them but I'll share anyway:

Aesop Rock - Night Light is an awesome rework of Daylight where he changes almost every line.

Vic Mensa - There's Alot Going On is just some storytelling with a great flow and beat. I should really listen to some more Vic Mensa at some point.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdj4zgJwGOc
these are the white boys

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

i was expecting sheer garbage and was still let down.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Pure fire blaze

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Tremendous Taste posted:

Easy rider, falconry, the rising, actin crazy

We need an NFL bet

I got one in a few babe, don't worry. Daddy's gonna make a bet

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I believe that Gucci's return will herald a Falcons Super Bowl win

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Can someone explain PND's appeal to me? Dude has some of the most frustratingly incompetent vocals in R&B and should just stick to writing songs for Drake.

Also SremmLife 2 is great

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

18-20 year old pussy

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

this is the best post imprisonment gucci verse

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

By the way: What happened to Evidence and rakaa and babu?

uh evidence and alc did a record together last year that was good? and i never really liked evidence

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I'll have to check that out

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Sometimes I miss the comically baggy clothing style from the early 2000s

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I wanna hear Keef with Thugga.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
How yalls opinons on Dave East? Numb, offering and around here is pretty good but i tried listening to a tape (or album?) of his and its just too samey, hes just doign the same thing every song almost.

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

Buller posted:

How yalls opinons on Dave East? Numb, offering and around here is pretty good but i tried listening to a tape (or album?) of his and its just too samey, hes just doign the same thing every song almost.

Forbes list is awesome and he has some good stuff but you're right he could use some variety.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

101 posted:

Found two great songs tonight. Thread probably already knows about them but I'll share anyway:

Aesop Rock - Night Light is an awesome rework of Daylight where he changes almost every line.

Vic Mensa - There's Alot Going On is just some storytelling with a great flow and beat. I should really listen to some more Vic Mensa at some point.

I posted the video for There's A Lot Going On just a few pages ago. You should check it out, it fits the song pretty well.

I'm pretty sure that Daylight and Nightlight came on the same album. But yes they are both total classics, and even better when they're listened to together.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ol yeller posted:

Kemba's album this year is really good, and it's free.

https://kembaland.bandcamp.com/

This is fantastic, I paid a dollar for it.

Also, gently caress Apple Music / iTunes. It's a horrible, bloated, feature-lacking piece of poo poo that is like a parasitic monster once you put it on your computer. You can't actually buy music for it, well you can but just for your itunes, to use with your apple stuff that you presumably (better) have. If I pay full price for music I should be able to just get a straight mp3 download without a bunch of bullshit attached. Bandcamp / other reasonable alternatives are worlds better.

Also, as far as pc audio players, musicbee is the poo poo. Tons of really great skins that look fantastic, plenty of customizable options, fast, etc.

On Android, I use google play music which will recognize the music on your phone or microsd card and also has streaming songs / radio

Play fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Aug 14, 2016

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

new FO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbZNR2bYlfY

Play
Apr 25, 2006

this is a good thing

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

How did I never listen to FANETO before? I've listened to it like 30 times today on repeat.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzOm__cQyLY

in terms of actual good music from zu new slikk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fvtOsW86Gk

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Play posted:

I posted the video for There's A Lot Going On just a few pages ago. You should check it out, it fits the song pretty well.

I'm pretty sure that Daylight and Nightlight came on the same album. But yes they are both total classics, and even better when they're listened to together.

Daylight was on labor days initially. Later on there was a daylight ep that had daylight/night light (as well as some other good tracks).