Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Millstone posted:

As a man in the United States, myself and millions of others like me are so privileged to receive a forceful mutilation of our genitals, leaving a permanent sexual dysfunction! I can't wait until American women receive this equal right!

pisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

Ok here's the fatal flaw with your plan even aside from genetic drift and DNA degrading (let's say we figure a solution to that out):

you're assuming women are somehow in 100% control of cloning and that only women will get cloned and that as a result men will die out when there's absolutely no indication that it won't just be both sexes cloning themselves

also prove that people are going to suddenly not want to gently caress just bc cloning exists.

also this 'phase them out' over time poo poo is exactly the adversarial mentality that feeds nutter men who can then point to you and go 'see she wants to wipe men out' and justify their nuttiness

also also the far future has no needs at all it isn't a sentient thing that cares. Humans could wipe themselves out in a nuclear holocaust tomorrow and 'the future' will be fine without any of us.

Uhhh the future is sentient. It's the goddamn age of Aquarius. But honestly that's just the thing, p/v sex is rape that we have endured for survival. When women aren't conditioned to just accept it, they won't do it anymore. AND We won't have worry about a nuclear holocaust because.... lack of men causing it. It's simple really.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol you think Atom's glory can be denied? we will all be Divided

heretic

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Salem Saberhagen posted:

Uhhh the future is sentient. It's the goddamn age of Aquarius. But honestly that's just the thing, p/v sex is rape that we have endured for survival. When women aren't conditioned to just accept it, they won't do it anymore. AND We won't have worry about a nuclear holocaust because.... lack of men causing it. It's simple really.

enjoy your dystopia
http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/01/european-queens-waged-more-wars-than-kings.html

quote:

There’s an assumption about women in power that you may have heard: that women who lead tend to be more diplomatic than their male counterparts, resulting in a more peaceful world. Psychologist Steven Pinker, for instance, wrote in his 2011 book, The Better Angels of Our Nature, “Over the long sweep of history, women have been and will be a pacifying force.” But how much of that is true?

After sifting through historical data on queenly reigns across six centuries, two political scientists have found that it’s more complicated than that. In a recent working paper, New York University scholars Oeindrila Dube and S.P. Harish analyzed 28 European queenly reigns from 1480 to 1913 and found a 27 percent increase in wars when a queen was in power, as compared to the reign of a king. “People have this preconceived idea that states that are led by women engage in less conflict,” Dube told Pacific Standard, but her analysis of the data on European queens suggests another story.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
turns out women are just dumb humans like men are

idk why anyone on any side of the argument can't get that through their head. yeah there's minor biological differences but we're still all essentially the same dumb grey matter on the inside

in fact it's pretty sexist to idealize women and act like they aren't capable of the same poo poo men are

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

PIIIIIISSSSS OUT MY ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

pisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

:same:

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

turns out women are just dumb humans like men are

idk why anyone on any side of the argument can't get that through their head. yeah there's minor biological differences but we're still all essentially the same dumb grey matter on the inside

in fact it's pretty sexist to idealize women and act like they aren't capable of the same poo poo men are

Thanks for the biotruth laden mansplanation.
(Side note mansplanation is actually in my phones dictionary).

I need feminism because it's the future of huwomanity.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Salem Saberhagen posted:

Thanks for the biotruth laden mansplanation.
(Side note mansplanation is actually in my phones dictionary).

I need feminism because it's the future of huwomanity.

how is it biotruth laden when the entire point of it is that biotruths stuff is dumb?

just let the Glow into your heart imo Atom's love will scour you clean

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Sorry I didn't mean the thread to go this way sorry.

PS. Women are just as useless as men, and both will be replaced by a man-made species (mechanical or otherwise) eventually unless we kill ourselves first.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

SnowblindFatal posted:

Sorry I didn't mean the thread to go this way sorry.

PS. Women are just as useless as men, and both will be replaced by a man-made species (mechanical or otherwise) eventually unless we kill ourselves first.

please close the thread, it's gone rotten (it didn't start off real fresh neither)

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
this is a bad thread because there are some posts that trigger me

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Nauta posted:

im very, very triggered at the moment

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Men are better at sports

c/d??

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Nauta posted:

Yeah if nothing else, at least some people got offended throughout this thread. This is good.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Zzulu posted:

Men are better at sports

c/d??

c

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
All the histrionics in this thread are great. Thanks, OP.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Uhm, excuse me but lightening kills men 6x more than women. Get on it equality squad

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Zzulu posted:

Men are better at sports

c/d??

C

The 103rd ranked man in tennis drinking beer and playing golf before demolishing both Williams sisters will never not be funny.

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

Piso Mojado posted:

this thread and everyone in it is terrible

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Actually clone based reproduction would ultimately fail. The problem is that over time you have genetic degradation from carbon decay and loss in the DNA sequence, so you have to have a constant supply of fresh blood from a plexed gene pool to refresh the rudimentary sequence and refesh the organism to the current gene swarm in the time cypher. So realistically in a state of medical perfection a clone based reproduction sequence could expect a longevity of around 800 years before total extinction.

There is a really good science fiction short story by Alice Sheldon (writing under the name James Tiptree Jr.) about this called "Houston, Houston Do You Read."

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It's not called equalism because feminism is about women

Women doing things often benefits men

Men should be for feminism but they aren't because of 'female' in the name and they aren't used to not being the main attention of things thus it's about being petty + misogyny

~fin

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

i like that posted:

It's not called equalism because feminism is about women

Women doing things often benefits men

Men should be for feminism but they aren't because of 'female' in the name and they aren't used to not being the main attention of things thus it's about being petty + misogyny

~fin
/

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

god i really should have done more all i got was this citation

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

psychokitty posted:

god i really should have done more all i got was this citation

you did everything you could and made the ultimate sacrifice

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

you did everything you could and made the ultimate sacrifice

I COULD HAVE DONE MORE

dont patronize me

you can Patron me though

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I am really for real surprised that this thread has not been gassed.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

psychokitty posted:

I COULD HAVE DONE MORE

dont patronize me

you can Patron me though

krusty forgives but don't forget to flip the meat... before it's too late

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Cool

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

paco650 posted:

I am really for real surprised that this thread has not been gassed.

I think its not registering votes, cuz it doesnt told me I already did when I already did I just get a new msg

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

is he loving himself?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

psychokitty posted:

is he loving himself?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Elfface posted:

Has this been posted yet?

As a side note I think it's kind of funny that the second to last panel completely dismisses favoritism in pet issues because that's totally a real thing that happens and incredibly important. A couple good examples include ignoring class status in favor of gender/racial/etc issues and stuff like prioritizing white women over black men in legislature.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArbitraryC posted:

As a side note I think it's kind of funny that the second to last panel completely dismisses favoritism in pet issues because that's totally a real thing that happens and incredibly important. A couple good examples include ignoring class status in favor of gender/racial/etc issues and stuff like prioritizing white women over black men in legislature.

Umm we gave black men the right to vote before women and also let them be president first.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DrPlump posted:

Umm we gave black men the right to vote before women and also let them be president first.

in england property owning women got the vote before the vast majority of men :britain:

• Locked thread