Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Lost Island is up!

Which hero to grab first as a newbie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

:frogsiren: FILL OUT THIS SURVEY FOR FREE 4* SS SET! :frogsiren:

For all those people who don't check the facebook page, it looks like they're handing out a free 4* SS rank set for everyone who fills out the survey.

EVERYONE SHOULD DO THIS! As far as I know, there are no bad 4* SS rank sets. And yes, it's an entire set.

Here's the fb post: https://www.facebook.com/Fwar/posts/1784599315087713:0

Somefool fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Aug 13, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Wooze posted:

Lost Island is up!

Which hero to grab first as a newbie?

Chenny > Nirvana >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Muang

Aim for Chenny first and try to max all her skills.

Nirvana's stage is super difficult without certain heroes. You can attempt it if you want, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a full 5* team with proper gear. If you can't even beat his 2nd stage, don't bother farming for him until later.

Muang is a trash hero. Unlock him if you want, but I wouldn't waste energy on skilling him until Chenny is completely finished.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Why would they even release muang. He doesn't do much that everyone else doesn't already do.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!
To make the Kitty strat work, you'd basically need an odd and even turn dot skill, I think.

I mean, Jack is fine for a 100% chance to apply a 3-turn dot. But if the boss dies on an odd turn, he'll use his first or third instead and you have no dot.

Also I think dots are subject to the boss' resistance in later forms, so you then have to land the dot and the stun through that instead of just a stun.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Why would they even release muang. He doesn't do much that everyone else doesn't already do.

Muang was the first lost island hero, and was released before half the heroes in the game were, including every blue gene hero. He was still bad then, got buffed, and is still bad. If they doubled the percentages on all his attacks and made him ignore 10,000 defense on his passive he might almost approach being good.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Its a shame too, because I do like his gimmick of burning allies to do more damage. Dang Nexon making all my fave gimmick heroes bad, where's the Muang + Sonic Boom super buffs :mad:

I dream of a day where I own a Sonic Boom with enough set movement to fly to the enemy team on the first turn, and crit someone for obscene damage.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
Is there a good way to make Chenny's stage auto-clearable? It's trivial to my 5* team but they keep wasting their time on killing the trash mobs, moving one turn away, then turning right back around when the mobs respawn.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'm running Valk, Krut, Jin Rai and Reina and I've auto'd her 3 all morning without issue. I think you just have to be able to kill the spawns quickly enough.

Dershiva
Jun 8, 2001

My spoon is too big
Fun Shoe

Yarrington posted:

Is there a good way to make Chenny's stage auto-clearable? It's trivial to my 5* team but they keep wasting their time on killing the trash mobs, moving one turn away, then turning right back around when the mobs respawn.

The setup I use is Muzaka in slot 1 as my Chenny killer and then the rest are whoever can get to and kill the first pair of adds on turn 1. When the map starts the person in slot 1 will move to the defense panel and everyone else kills the adds so that when the next turn starts your Chenny Murderer will move up and attack her instead of coming back for adds.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.

Dershiva posted:

The setup I use is Muzaka in slot 1 as my Chenny killer and then the rest are whoever can get to and kill the first pair of adds on turn 1. When the map starts the person in slot 1 will move to the defense panel and everyone else kills the adds so that when the next turn starts your Chenny Murderer will move up and attack her instead of coming back for adds.

Thanks that did it. I went with no scissors initially to spread out the xp and swapping Raskreia into slot 2 let me kill the adds on round 1.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

For Chenny I just turn auto off, put Raskreia on the choke point and rush muza/krut/Val over to chenny to murder the hell out of it, auto back on.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
I'm able to do auto-battle and auto-retry while using a lvl 1 Chenny to soak in some XP. My setup in order:

Jack (18)
Krut (52)
Chenny (or anyone that you want to soak XP)
Raskeria (37)
Reina (6)

All 5* except Chenny. The goal is to kill both paper mobs in one turn without Jack. Here's how things go down for me:

Jack will move to the defense tile. Krut will then kill the left most mob in one shot or bring it low enough that a cooperative attack between Krut/Chenny will kill it. Rask/Reina will then kill the right paper mob by themselves. Once both paper mobs are dead, Jack will be able to move towards a Chenny and solo kill both of them by himself. It's usually over by turn 9.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!
So I whaled out, and after two pulls trying for a second Klein piece with just some Hellish Flame's Guide to show for it, decided for a more sensible approach and managed to pull full Outer Space for Belle. I assume that I still don't actually wear shields, but use maces and try for counter chance and damage mods, right?

I also have a lot of Mad Guitarist now. I'd put it on Krut because he tanks spear boss and it seems good for that, but he has two piece BR and I don't really see a better choice than him for that set.

Also a piece of Gold Tiger decided to randomly pop up from alchemy without even needing to be a guaranteed set pull, so I'm happy about that.

e: So I noticed that OS and Hellish Flame actually have the same activation condition (< 75% HP). Obviously there are better choices ideally, but it might not be so bad on OS Belle? On the other hand, probably not worth giving up a brooch for.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 14, 2016

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Did the 3* pull, got 2 outer space capes and a guitar, and now am trying to figure out how I'm getting the platinum to make the necklace.
Edit: Now to save up and do another 3* pull, gotta finish the set.

Nomadic Scholar fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Aug 14, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I made a huge last minute mistake. :suicide:

RIP 250 extra crystals.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Monday's raid is up and I need Lee mercs!

Here's a screenshot on how to do Lee strat:

Follow the hero order as listed and placement. You need full Lord gauge before entering! Use Fire Support right away to kill off the archers then switch to auto Shelling for the rest of the round.

Also, your Lee has to be placed closest to the boss! What happens if you don't is that the merc Lee will end up moving closer to the boss since the boss haven't turned around yet from Lance's taunt effect.

If you don't have Sione, replace her with some other hero of your own choice.

Lance should be tanky enough to survive the first 2 turns against the boss so the boss will face him. Lilid should be dead first before Lance dies.

Lily should have his 3rd skill maxed to remove any form of RNG.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 15, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!
Just in case we weren't getting enough mileage out of these Lees we're feverishly leveling:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyWarTactics/comments/4xqjew/deimos_raid_boss_for_sunday_ss_strategy/?st=irvgccz5&sh=fbadefc3

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

Just in case we weren't getting enough mileage out of these Lees we're feverishly leveling:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyWarTactics/comments/4xqjew/deimos_raid_boss_for_sunday_ss_strategy/?st=irvgccz5&sh=fbadefc3

That one is honestly really difficult to pull off since it abuses a bunch of event heroes and heroes who are difficult to skill without perfect genes.

I can barely pull off the Friday strat, so this one would require me to go all out on gearing.

Also I doubt many of you shelled out $100 for Seira.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!

Somefool posted:

That one is honestly really difficult to pull off since it abuses a bunch of event heroes and heroes who are difficult to skill without perfect genes.

I can barely pull off the Friday strat, so this one would require me to go all out on gearing.

Also I doubt many of you shelled out $100 for Seira.

Eh, it's just Rai and Belle. And everyone tries to get Belle asap. Does need a sub for Seira, and for Rai for those who didn't get him.

e: I think the positioning primarily requires Valk in place to work as well. I know he bee-lines for her whenever I start her in that spot. Like that one Muz suggestion, but he moves which messes it up; whereas when I run Valk there I have to start her to one side to stop him from doing that. If so, it's actually a lot easier to arrange and adapt than strats which use Lily and Lilid.

e2: Yeah, watching the video, Valk and the Lees are the important part; Basark isn't even sure if Belle is particularly optimal and Rai/Seira are just his preferred choices rather than key to the strategy.

e3: He suggest Unknown as an alternative to Rai, but he could sub for Seira just as easily. I don't see any reason why Jenny wouldn't be a fine sub for Seira either.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Aug 15, 2016

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
I did it.

I went from zero Chenny genes to acquiring her and maxing all her skills in a weekend. I also got her to 4* level 40 by using her to farm herself (with the help of some scissor coocoos).

I can't imagine how some people did this before they introduced the auto-retry feature.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!
Hmm... can Valk be used to taunt the boss rather than Lance?

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Secx posted:

I did it.

I went from zero Chenny genes to acquiring her and maxing all her skills in a weekend. I also got her to 4* level 40 by using her to farm herself (with the help of some scissor coocoos).

I can't imagine how some people did this before they introduced the auto-retry feature.

I have to manually clear it on stage 2. I thought I was close to getting her after investing a bit of time, checked and had like 120 genes. At least the XP is really, really good. So I'll continue doing a dozen runs or so a day.

Illiterate Clitoris fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Aug 15, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Secx posted:

I'm able to do auto-battle and auto-retry while using a lvl 1 Chenny to soak in some XP. My setup in order:

For clarification which Chenny level is this?

vvv thank you Secx vvv

Note to self re: OP
-Add discord information
-add pc play via Bluestacks
-http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751670&userid=150880&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post463120312
-http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751670&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=38#post462917937

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Aug 15, 2016

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

Helical Nightmares posted:

For clarification which Chenny level is this?

Stage 3.

I saved up a week worth of guild energy rewards, had a Lord level up in-between runs and used up around 7-8 energy pots I think.

The gene fragments have such high variance. Some runs I'd get 5-6 and on others I'd get 32.

Edit: I basically followed this strat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDi9Y-k992c

The team I used is above. The goal is to find a team composition that can clear the two paper mobs on turn 1 and to let Jack do his thing.

Secx fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 15, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

Monday's raid is up and I need Lee mercs!

Here's a screenshot on how to do Lee strat:

Follow the hero order as listed and placement. You need full Lord gauge before entering! Use Fire Support right away to kill off the archers then switch to auto Shelling for the rest of the round.

Also, your Lee has to be placed closest to the boss! What happens if you don't is that the merc Lee will end up moving closer to the boss since the boss haven't turned around yet from Lance's taunt effect.

If you don't have Sione, replace her with some other hero of your own choice.

Lance should be tanky enough to survive the first 2 turns against the boss so the boss will face him. Lilid should be dead first before Lance dies.

Lily should have his 3rd skill maxed to remove any form of RNG.

If you have counter belle built, I have had significantly good luck putting her and lilid on the island, sione on the other island, lees and lily in those places. The boss will kill Lily and Lilid on turn 2, leaving counter belle on the island. He will pull belle to him and proceed to eat counters constantly, plus 20% of his own damage if you've got unyielding champion on her like I do. She generally dies around turn 25 for me, and after that it's the lee show, all lee, all the time. I've raked in 13.4m points in my first two runs, and am delaying the 3-5 runs until I get back from doc. They'll be worse, because of lower quality lees, but drat, I may make SS- today.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!

NinjaDebugger posted:

If you have counter belle built, I have had significantly good luck putting her and lilid on the island, sione on the other island, lees and lily in those places. The boss will kill Lily and Lilid on turn 2, leaving counter belle on the island. He will pull belle to him and proceed to eat counters constantly, plus 20% of his own damage if you've got unyielding champion on her like I do. She generally dies around turn 25 for me, and after that it's the lee show, all lee, all the time. I've raked in 13.4m points in my first two runs, and am delaying the 3-5 runs until I get back from doc. They'll be worse, because of lower quality lees, but drat, I may make SS- today.

So counter Belle instead of Lance? Mine probably won't make it to 25, but still may be worth a go for my last run.

Messed up a few runs with stupid mistakes, but I should still make a good 10 million or so.

e: couldn't you just put her where Lance is, then?
e2: yep, unless she activates the tile on the island before being pulled or something. Also, he removing his Charge buff might have some advantages.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 15, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

So counter Belle instead of Lance? Mine probably won't make it to 25, but still may be worth a go for my last run.

Messed up a few runs with stupid mistakes, but I should still make a good 10 million or so.

e: couldn't you just put her where Lance is, then?
e2: yep, unless she activates the tile on the island before being pulled or something. Also, he removing his Charge buff might have some advantages.

I have her activate the tile to guarantee that lilid does his pull, and to give me more time to switch over to fire support.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Dumbest thing I'm about to do is go full shield build on Sione so I don't have to watch my Lee constantly waste a turn on a cannon dude. :shepface:

I know they stop spawning at around turn 30 but that's like 10 turns of Lee blowing up a minion vs the boss.

Really wish I didn't extract all those plat shields now.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Dumbest thing I'm doing is setting up a full crit/crit damage Sonic Boom. I waffled a bit on getting his soul wings but decided yes, i shall comit to being a retarded special snowflake. Currently getting plat gear so he can have as many plat hammers/boots as possible.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i'd suggest nox over bluestacks for the op. i've never had bluestacks work right here and last time it bluescreened me right after install but nox has been a dream.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Barsark posted his Tuesday raid strat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU9SQZ7IFzo

Surprise, it's entirely gear based. Besides the human form overkill at the start with a strong damage dealer, it's just a Gold Tiger + Desperado Muzaka soloing the boss.

Sadly I only have 1/3 of GT completed so I can't even lend out a strong Muza merc. Not sure if Desperado is better or Outer Space for counters.

Anyway, back to Raboff spinning.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!
I mean, I could probably make an okayish poorman's counter Krut. But really, I don't think Basark was even trying to pretend this one's going to be relevant to any guilds outside of the very top tier.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

Barsark posted his Tuesday raid strat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU9SQZ7IFzo

Surprise, it's entirely gear based. Besides the human form overkill at the start with a strong damage dealer, it's just a Gold Tiger + Desperado Muzaka soloing the boss.

Sadly I only have 1/3 of GT completed so I can't even lend out a strong Muza merc. Not sure if Desperado is better or Outer Space for counters.

Anyway, back to Raboff spinning.

You want desperado, or something good in its place. Outer space will cause him to 100% counter the adds, who are important mid run for regen, I think.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

NinjaDebugger posted:

You want desperado, or something good in its place. Outer space will cause him to 100% counter the adds, who are important mid run for regen, I think.

Minions stop spawning past turn 25 or something so that's no longer an issue. Just not sure if counter attacks bring in more points or +50% attack.

Also Slime King is an important set because Tuesday's boss is an attack type. Basically no one can copy this unless they're already stacked with these sets to begin with.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!

Somefool posted:

Minions stop spawning past turn 25 or something so that's no longer an issue. Just not sure if counter attacks bring in more points or +50% attack.

Also Slime King is an important set because Tuesday's boss is an attack type. Basically no one can copy this unless they're already stacked with these sets to begin with.

I imagine Devil Knight would be a good call as well. -50% damage :shepface:

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Here's the Lee strat for Wednesday's raid:

Merc Lee goes in the bottom corner. Set guild skill to Shelling once the boss is on the paper tile island.

Lily and Lilid should not have any weapons equipped. I'm not sure how the mechanics work but I do know that when the boss dies, he blows back all heroes near him. Don't want to risk the boss popping before he is isolated on the paper tile.

Nox is necessary because he gives all heroes lava terrain bonus. If you don't have Nox, your Lees will slowly die and also miss out on terrain bonus for gauge building. A way around this is to get 2 pieces of Dragon Slayer. It's a 4* S rank set, so it's not that hard. Can't guarantee other merc Lees having it though.

Alex is needed to build skill gauge faster. If you don't have Alex, you could try Mas because his 1st skill is 5 range. Although I haven't tried Mas myself, just make sure Nox and Lilid dies in 1 hit from the boss otherwise Mas will walk over to heal and screw up his positioning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!
My Lee has 2pc Dragon Slayer on, so that's one Lee merc who's good for it.

e: I guess I could just put the other Lee where Alex is? That still misses out on Alex' Lord Gauge boost, though.
e2: Maybe forgo the tile activation for a Belle beside the second Lee? Or will she just try to attack and die?

e3: Anyhow, this is good for about 2.2 million per run for me, which isn't bad. Anyone with Alex (any level really) or who can use Mas instead can pull this one off with my Lee merc.

e4: Not a paper type, but I guess you could use Reina for Alex. Assuming that the Guild Shellings are enough to keep Lee's MP filled.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Aug 17, 2016

• Locked thread