Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

trapped mouse posted:

Seeing all those front page posts grouped up like that was sickening. Jesus Christ that website is getting worse and worse.

I liked the part where a moderator "isn't convinced they're all racist".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
"Oh but we have been removing those posts... only after you got the chance to screenshot it and point it out and get to the front page with thousands of points."

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Do imgur's points even do anything, or do people just constantly repost hot racist memes to make their number go up?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Negative points keep your comments from appearing without someone having to look for them, and if your account is in the negative you can't post images at all, only comment.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Negative points keep your comments from appearing without someone having to look for them, and if your account is in the negative you can't post images at all, only comment.

You get "Shadowbanned" if you get too many negative points. So a lot of people make topics wondering why they were banned when all they did was call a few hundred people faggots every day for a year! But positive points do nothing but give people e-popularity and ego so you get a lot of people reuploading other popular things trying to get in on that action. And imgur sure does love images that say black people are bad.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Also I think there's a market for buying accounts with lots of Karma. A year or so ago there was a story I read about a bunch of bots farming Karma by reposting in /r/pics over and over again until they had hundreds of thousands of Karma (You can get like at most 7,000-9,000 karma a post.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
After reading through all that I wonder what the Imgur convention or meet up whatever was like. Seems like a vile community.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

BobbyK posted:

After reading through all that I wonder what the Imgur convention or meet up whatever was like. Seems like a vile community.

Nonzero chance there was at least one female who nearly ruined the whole thing by claiming someone who was just trying to be nice and friendly "sexually assaulted" her.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

BobbyK posted:

Based on the images they uploaded, just a bunch of awkward nerds standing around.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BobbyK posted:

After reading through all that I wonder what the Imgur convention or meet up whatever was like.

Well, judging by all the comments starting with "as a black guy"..

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I think a convention would most likely be "It was awkward if you're not white but nothing actually happened" because any of the racists either don't care that much about Imgur or don't have the balls to be an rear end in a top hat outside of the internet. Speculation.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

Based on the images they uploaded, just a bunch of awkward nerds standing around.

I saw the pics on the old imigur thread and it looked fine, honestly. Certainly better than dashcon.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

MizPiz posted:

Nonzero chance there was at least one female who nearly ruined the whole thing by claiming someone who was just trying to be nice and friendly "sexually assaulted" her.

uh

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

It was supposed to be in character. :ohdear:

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I miss Waffleimages :(

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

MizPiz posted:

It was supposed to be in character. :ohdear:

well, that's unfortunate

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
Are stupid crowdfunding campaigns permitted in this thread?

Because I found one by a guy wants $55k to become a pro golfer and is using his father's suicide when he was a kid as a reason to give him money.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

quote:

After years of marriage I think I finally gave my wife a REAL orgasm! Proud man moment.

http://imgur.com/gallery/b0mjb

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Mayostard posted:

Are stupid crowdfunding campaigns permitted in this thread?

Because I found one by a guy wants $55k to become a pro golfer and is using his father's suicide when he was a kid as a reason to give him money.

Has the awful Kickstarter thread also died, then?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MizPiz posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

tread not into LoB's domain, lest ye be struck down and cast as an unworthy

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Ain't raising no sissy boy, my son will learn to scatter his food everywhere and eat it off himself like a REAL MAN :911:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

subpar anachronism posted:

Ain't raising no sissy boy, my son will learn to scatter his food everywhere and eat it off himself like a REAL MAN :911:

Throw the taco on the floor and then eat the taco from the floor like an animalA REAL MAN!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Once more, the only comments calling it out are in the bad replies section !

This guy seems to get it, I linked him the forum post above :unsmith:

And then the bots are out in force. All of those lead to just a lewd pic with a url below it. Even the one for gays has a lew girl pic on it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Funny, I have a similar reaction when I hear "check out those comments on imgur". :v:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I made my own imgur meme

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
You should post it to the gallery, see how far it goes.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

You should post it to the gallery, see how far it goes.

Alright

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

poo poo, another one.

Idiots on Social Media: I'm white, and I assure you you're wrong.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Currently on the front page of imgur.com which is the premier spot for people who "used to love black people, but"

http://imgur.com/gallery/Fx6As

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I got some bites. See for yourself

http://imgur.com/gallery/KSBRq?lr=1471161256

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Pot Of Shoe posted:

Currently on the front page of imgur.com which is the premier spot for people who "used to love black people, but"

http://imgur.com/gallery/Fx6As

Lmao "I'm not racist, but" as gently caress.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I'm not the only one who absolutely hates the splergs who calls women "females", right?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

BigglesSWE posted:

I'm not the only one who absolutely hates the splergs who calls women "females", right?

It is your First Warning that the speaker has weird thoughts about women.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

BigglesSWE posted:

Yes it's horrid and makes it sound like they're talking about an object at worst, or a test subject at best.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

BigglesSWE posted:

I've mentioned it before but I always think of Quark from Deep Space Nine when people say "females"

Thing is Quark (and Ferengi culture overall) actually became decent after a while but I see no such thing happening in the future for these people.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

Nope. It's a harmless word, but the manosphere has weaponized it to the point where I second guess myself when I use it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I live in Milwaukee. I think I'm gonna go bury my head in the sand on social media for the next few months :( Wake me up when it's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Tracula posted:

I live in Milwaukee. I think I'm gonna go bury my head in the sand on social media for the next few months :( Wake me up when it's over.

Like hell you are! This thread needs original content! Get diggin'!