Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

hello darkness my old friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

spog posted:

He's a weatherman: it's the only party trick they have

Face it, you're never going to get laid by explaining the difference between cirrus and cumulonimbus clouds..

To be fair, I'm sure the ability to pronounce that is good for getting laid on a pretty consistent basis.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

spog posted:

Face it, you're never going to get laid by explaining the difference between cirrus and cunnilingus clouds..

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Making it rain up in her!

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Clitch posted:

That's got to be some kind of mild UK party trick, like knowing the bridge to Blues Traveler's Hook, in the US.

It's a shame because the bridge is even more disingenuous than the rest of the song, and then the hook brings you back.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

spog posted:

Face it, you're never going to get laid by explaining the difference between cirrus and cumulonimbus clouds..

[Cloud-Boner Intensifies]

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

spog posted:

Eeeeh

I dunno, Soothsayers probably got a bit of strange by predicting the weather for farmers.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/pgrg30q.mp4

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

a) hand sanitizer gets you loving drunker than poo poo
b) if you put salt in it (or Ramen seasoning packs) and shake it, the alcohol will rise to the top
c) at the last place I worked at, we dealt with Native Americans often and I swear to god, they would literally go to the grocery store and steal hand sanitizer (in a place that sells liquor) :psyduck:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

du -hast posted:

a) hand sanitizer gets you loving drunker than poo poo
b) if you put salt in it (or Ramen seasoning packs) and shake it, the alcohol will rise to the top
c) at the last place I worked at, we dealt with Native Americans often and I swear to god, they would literally go to the grocery store and steal hand sanitizer (in a place that sells liquor) :psyduck:

In YOSPOS (not here apparently) we have a rule against advising people to kill themselves.

Isopropyl will gently caress you up.

Post a funny picture or something.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

syscall girl posted:

In YOSPOS (not here apparently) we have a rule against advising people to kill themselves.

Isopropyl will gently caress you up.

Post a funny picture or something.

It's not isopropol alcohol. It's ethanol, and not even denatured.

e: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purell

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Subscribe and save! :haw:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

du -hast posted:

No, there is no methanol or isopropyl in it, but it is still classed as denatured. Like all hand sanitizer, it has denatonium, which makes it incredibly bitter and unpleasant to taste.

As our favorite slightly crazy Scotsman will now demonstrate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep2I3Gf3Sec

(The methylated spirit that he drinks in the video is actually denatured with methanol as well, but it's the bitterant that's interesting here)

KozmoNaut has a new favorite as of 13:51 on Aug 13, 2016

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

KozmoNaut posted:

No, there is no methanol or isopropyl in it, but it is still classed as denatured. Like all hand sanitizer, it has denatonium, which makes it incredibly bitter and unpleasant to taste.

As our favorite slightly crazy Scotsman will now demonstrate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep2I3Gf3Sec

(The methylated spirit that he drinks in the video is actually denatured with methanol as well, but it's the bitterant that's interesting here)

I like the videos where he makes electronic components blow up more. :colbert:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

du -hast posted:

Ah, my bad.

I just assumed.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Is this guy also suing WB for ripping off his style in Suicide Squad?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

PokeGo doesn't use any data at all, it's crazy. I'm on a 1GB/month plan because I never leave the house and my social life is a void and I was starting to worry when my carrier texted me I had 5% data remaining (I had left WiFi off while downloading :doh:)

Still went on 20km worth of hunts, collecting everything/playing normally, came back with 2% remaining. Similarly, I have no idea how they managed to spend 100MB on it-- does that screen count downloading the app? :psyduck:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Evilreaver posted:

PokeGo doesn't use any data at all, it's crazy. I'm on a 1GB/month plan because I never leave the house and my social life is a void and I was starting to worry when my carrier texted me I had 5% data remaining (I had left WiFi off while downloading :doh:)

Still went on 20km worth of hunts, collecting everything/playing normally, came back with 2% remaining. Similarly, I have no idea how they managed to spend 100MB on it-- does that screen count downloading the app? :psyduck:

Maybe it's one of those things where the app itself takes up relatively little space but everything you do with it adds to the mysterious "Documents & Data" usage?

Like, when you have music on your iPhone, the audio file itself takes up a certain amount of memory but then the album art and everything else that goes with it takes up more room on top of it.

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013

Evilreaver posted:

Similarly, I have no idea how they managed to spend 100MB on it-- does that screen count downloading the app? :psyduck:

How much data traffic it produces probably depends on how interesting you are to the NSA. :tinfoil:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

PaulBearer posted:

How much data traffic it produces probably depends on how interesting you are to the NSA. :tinfoil:

Being a boring nobody saves the day again :smith:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

I like how it's on his opposite shoulder by the end.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
What probably uses up more data than anything else on Pokemon Go are the pictures of the Pokestops. The rest is most likely the road layout near your location, and the Pokemon and landmarks nearby.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Facebook Aunt posted:

Subscribe and save! :haw:

Just lol if you don't have an urn subscription in 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Munchables posted:

Just lol if you don't have an urn subscription in 2016

I suppose it is more fiscally responsible murder your famil one at a time rather than all at once.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Facebook Aunt posted:

murder you're famil;

GET IT RIGHT
This is how people get grabbed, folks.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

The pain.

Still my favorite pictures on the internet.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Sir Potato posted:

iirc there were a few pics more of that

or some other that kind of pic

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
It's that expression on the guy that does it. "Oh my god, she's actually insane, she's Fluoride-in-the-water-conspiracy crazy."

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Why did she need to say all that when, "No," would have sufficed?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

This is actually @davedittell

https://twitter.com/davedittell/status/345217930486771712

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sir Potato posted:

The pain.

The second one is just kinda sad but the last one still owns.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Wheat Loaf posted:

Why did she need to say all that when, "No," would have sufficed?

Well I think that's a loaded question, nobody with an ounce of intelligence would ever be asked this. So I guess that's what I'd have to say to that question. I would say you can't actually tell someone's stupidity or lack of common sense by looking at them.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

That man's name is Julius Kieser. That's a pretty good name.

• Locked thread