Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
PISS

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

PPPPPIIIIIISSSSSSS

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Why the gently caress did the comic suddenly become about 2 random people halfway through?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Slime posted:

Why the gently caress did the comic suddenly become about 2 random people halfway through?

no eye deer

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Are the readers supposed to hate every character's guts in this comic?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They are pure and good

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cicadas! posted:

They put the 'scum' back into 'druggie scum'.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I get a really strong The Young Ones vibe from that strip. Owl is pretty much Neil's sense of responsibility mixed with Mike's business drive and Rik's utter patheticness, the other characters are all the left over character aspects smooshed together plus a whole bunch of overt drug use and loving that The Young Ones weren't allowed to show.

You also weren't supposed to like any of the characters in The Young Ones.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Cicadas! posted:

I don't really hate Owl, I mostly just feel sorry for him. It must not be easy living with those two assholes.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

The towel and witch comic was really cool and unique when I saw one but once I saw a few I can't stop thinking about how hosed up the creator's life must be

It really feels like it's coming from a personal place

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

paradoxGentleman posted:

I don't really hate Owl, I mostly just feel sorry for him. It must not be easy living with those two assholes.
Okay seriously, why the gently caress is hotlinking so rampant again? It's like I'm back on the forums ten years ago or something. Is it no longer against the rules?

Rehost your images if you're going to post them inline, it's not hard. And besides, if you're running https like a civilized person most hotlinked images don't even load properly. Like so:

E: Also Wondermark isn't even a funny comic. Here's Friday's Achewood.

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

I agreed with you until you posted motherfucking achewood. More cat and witch being cunts instead please

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
When did this become the "PYF Depressing Disgusting Comics" thread

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Achewood and Meg Mog are both good. However Achewood makes me feel happy and Meg, Mog, and Owl makes me feel sad.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Elias_Maluco posted:

When did this become the "PYF Depressing Disgusting Comics" thread

Ask and you shall receive.

Edit:

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 16:38 on Aug 13, 2016

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Woebin posted:

Okay seriously, why the gently caress is hotlinking so rampant again? It's like I'm back on the forums ten years ago or something. Is it no longer against the rules?

Rehost your images if you're going to post them inline, it's not hard. And besides, if you're running https like a civilized person most hotlinked images don't even load properly. Like so:

Imgur wants to be the next Instagram so they changed a bunch of features and now it sucks.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Elfface posted:

Imgur wants to be the next Instagram so they changed a bunch of features and now it sucks.

Are you kidding me? It's literally the exact same process to get an image; arguably, it's easier.
Don't be so loving lazy.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Elfface posted:

lol if you're not using SA Needful so you can just drag and drop an image into the reply window to get an Imgur embed.

But also even if you're not it's not the least bit difficult to upload an image and get the direct link.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Roro posted:

Are you kidding me? It's literally the exact same process to get an image; arguably, it's easier.
Don't be so loving lazy.

I feel like it's slower now, since it seems to hang on every single picture I try to add.

Woebin posted:

lol if you're not using SA Needful so you can just drag and drop an image into the reply window to get an Imgur embed.

But also even if you're not it's not the least bit difficult to upload an image and get the direct link.

Man, I never heard of that! It's anonymous too right? Because sometimes I post some real messed up stuff for the weird fanart and awful mods threads.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Man, I never heard of that! It's anonymous too right? Because sometimes I post some real messed up stuff for the weird fanart and awful mods threads.
Yeah I'm pretty sure it just uploads as if you had no account, and it's not made into a public gallery so you only really find it if you have the URL (or if Google crawls it, I guess; I dunno if it does).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What's a ya novel.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Young adult

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Zzulu posted:

if satan is so evil wouldn't he welcome all evildoers and create a paradise in hell for them

I feel like this is a direct reference to a (now censored) PLIF comic. In celebration, here are a few of my favourites:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

cash crab posted:

I feel like this is a direct reference to a (now censored) PLIF comic. In celebration, here are a few of my favourites:

censored?

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

Dumbfire Rocketman
Jul 30, 2009

a drunk european baby
is putting u in ur place

imo not missing much

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
that comic isn't as good as i remembered it to be

well, teens are idiots without good taste

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Wow, serisouly. I had been thinking " Oh Right, PLIF. That was a decent single panel comic" but holy poo poo those are terrible.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Johnny Aztec posted:

holy poo poo those are terrible.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Hold! This comic you are posting is wrong! Why are you posting this thing?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

:mmmhmm:

Also, whoever posted that comic about the bear making GBS threads on the bed should re-think some things.

• Locked thread