Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Lemme know if I'm overstepping my bounds and posting too much poo poo.

Nuh uh, :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Literally the opposite, never stop

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Okay, you can't say something like this without telling us what he's planning to cosplay as :suspense:.

I don't think he's doing anything specific, he just picked up a steampunk top hat and started asking where da cosplay at.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Jedit posted:

I don't think he's doing anything specific, he just picked up a steampunk top hat and started asking where da cosplay at.

My 60 year old dad is getting into steampunk. He also got a top hat with a gear stuck on it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Lemme know if I'm overstepping my bounds and posting too much poo poo.

:justpost:
Keep it up.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm running into a lot of repeats, so I'll wait until day 3 is fully in swing after this dump.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This is good but what's in the background is even better

ThatSlacker
May 25, 2004

This is amazingly well done and beautifully photographed.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm running into a lot of repeats, so I'll wait until day 3 is fully in swing after this dump.

Is there something specific here, or is he just a Cold War Soviet reenactor?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Why are people cosplaying as the LAPD?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Colonial Air Force posted:

Is there something specific here, or is he just a Cold War Soviet reenactor?

Looks like an Earth Federal Forces soldier from Gundam. Or a Zeon. They both have beige hue uniforms.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

GenericOverusedName posted:

Why are people cosplaying as the LAPD?

Japanese military nerds are a strange and unique bunch.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Looks like an Earth Federal Forces soldier from Gundam. Or a Zeon. They both have beige hue uniforms.

No, it's a Red army uniform, complete with star/hammer/sickle buttons and AK-47

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Uh... Well what's the source.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

LingcodKilla posted:

Uh... Well what's the source.

Roadhog from Overwatch. It's pretty spot on actually. Except you can see her eyes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

(These guys are INCREDIBLY popular, there's like a million posts of people getting questioned/arrested.)

:staredog:

Thaaat's uncannily accurate, coming from someone who lives in a city that contracts police out to the LASD.

Though I'm more bothered by what the 'GRIZZLYS CALIFORNIA' hat could possibly be or where it could've come from. There's no sports team in CA named the Grizzlys...

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

:allears:

Yessssssss.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

A+

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Who in their right minds cosplay as a lovecraftian monstrosity? How the gently caress can they move?

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Awesome

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
lol hell yeah

edit:
goddamn

TenementFunster has a new favorite as of 05:44 on Aug 14, 2016

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

:vince:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

loving awesome!

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

And then she was banned from conventions forever for disrespecting that noble con-goer.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

starkebn posted:

This will tide you over, but it's not exactly what you're looking for - it's a full effort cosplay

:nws:

the gallery ends up with full nudity

http://imgur.com/a/5QPES

:nws:

*google* *google*

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Nero_Claudius_(Bride)

...what? Emperor Nero as a woman in a wedding dress? This just raises more questions!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Alolan Gastly and Magnemite? :allears:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

D.vA is one of the worst characters Blizzard has ever created and that is saying a lot, which makes the ways the fandom manage to justify her existence all the better.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

mind the walrus posted:

D.vA is one of the worst characters Blizzard has ever created and that is saying a lot,

For those of us who aren't au fait with overwatch, why?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
She's a very smug Starcraft player who uses gaming terms in her taunts and the like. While the whole "teehee just over 18 and cute" thing is cringey, the backlash against her has been weirdly disproportionate in a game that also has a plunging cleavage neckline on the character who was tortured and brainwashed into being a sexy femme fatale.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

poptart_fairy posted:

She's a very smug Starcraft player who uses gaming terms in her taunts and the like. While the whole "teehee just over 18 and cute" thing is cringey, the backlash against her has been weirdly disproportionate in a game that also has a plunging cleavage neckline on the character who was tortured and brainwashed into being a sexy femme fatale.

D.Va's probably the most directly annoying character in the game, being that everything she says is in an obnoxious high pitched voice and her entire job is to annoy the poo poo out of you by eating your favorite projectiles and getting in your face while her teammates do more important stuff.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

The backlash has been to depict her as a tiny (wo)manchild who smashes back endless bags of doritos while screaming "GIT GUD" into the mic. For some weird reason, this version of D.va is weirdly charming.

and has led to some EXCELLENT cosplay

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

The backlash has been to depict her as a tiny (wo)manchild who smashes back endless bags of doritos while screaming "GIT GUD" into the mic. For some weird reason, this version of D.va is weirdly charming.

Probably because the normal version depicts gamers as cool when we all know that they are scum that must be purged from any civilised society.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Count Uvula posted:

D.Va's probably the most directly annoying character in the game, being that everything she says is in an obnoxious high pitched voice and her entire job is to annoy the poo poo out of you by eating your favorite projectiles and getting in your face while her teammates do more important stuff

I play her and can confirm this

Also I spam "is this easy mode?" While blowing up the enemy team

When someone makes a Meka cosplay it will be awesome

WINKY FACE

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Careful, people. I got this avatar by talking about exactly this subject in another thread. But here goes anyway!

poptart_fairy posted:

It's definitely different people bitching about D.Va and Widowmaker, for entirely different reasons. You can't conflate the two just because they're both women. From my perspective, Widowmaker gets justified hate for being painfully oversexualized (Not nearly to Quiet levels, but she's definitely the worst in the Overwatch roster), while D.Va gets justified hate for being just a really loving bad character.

To me, the most aggravating part of D.Va is that Blizzard don't seem to be aware that she's obnoxious and terrible. They've shown awareness and willingness to poke fun at the game's character designs elsewhere (Reaper and Junkrat especially, but most characters get some level of poo poo from other characters) but D.Va gets more love and affection in dialog than any other character by both quantity and percentage. There are more posters of her on walls of the game's maps than Lucio, and his concept is an on-tour international celebrity DJ fitting rounds in between his gigs. She's elevated to quite frankly illogical levels of adoration, and it's just insufferable.

It hurts even more because if you look at her cosmetics, you can see the core of a character that works just so much better. She's got a 'dance party' emote that's brilliantly, deliberately obnoxious and works fantastic for her, but even better than that is the alternate skins that recast her as a really low-end technician sort with a mech made out of a lovely old car. There's ways they could've made her character fantastic, but instead she's very Mary Sue-ish.

EDIT:

This is probably the best Yu-Gi-Oh cosplay that's actually possible to do. Anything else would either be too ridiculous, or barely recognizable as being from the show, but this... gently caress, that duel disk is amazing,and he's totally pulling off Joey's look as well as you feasibly can.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 15:00 on Aug 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

The best thing about DVa is how mad she makes people who don't like her. She's a hyper-competitive individual who just wants to get in people's heads.

Sorry haters. ;)

• Locked thread