Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

m.hache posted:

It's been 10 months since my last survey. Instead I get google asking me questions about locations like whether they deliver.

I think I've been moved to the free survey platform :(

I think that's a Google Maps thing, where you eat or go to some place that's on the map, and then you answer questions to fill up all this data. For example 'was this store wheelchair accessible?' and depending on how you and many others answer, over time, those details are added to that location's Google Maps page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Check that you still have location services / location history turned on. Disabling that nukes most surveys. Also make sure the survey app is logged in on exactly one device.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I have been enlightened. I have downloaded Desert Golfing. The winds, the sands, the putts, the shots, the misses, the hits, the lone cactus.

Desert Golfing is love.

True ~gaming zen~. I love it even more than Gathering Sky.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tunga posted:

Check that you still have location services / location history turned on. Disabling that nukes most surveys. Also make sure the survey app is logged in on exactly one device.

It's all activated and reporting fine.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'm in Australia and not in Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane so like, sucks to be me.
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF SUPERDUPERSTAINREMOVERWASHING POWDER? No? Eh, 10 cents.
WHAT ABOUT THIS EUROPEAN CAR HIRE COMPANY? Naw?
INTO THE TOO HARD BASKET FOR YOU.

StupidNewbie
Jun 28, 2004
HELO INTERNET! I AM NOW GOON
I was up to about $20 in survey money when the questions stopped. I finally spent some of it and they started back up again. Now I'm back over the $20 mark again and I'm still getting surveys, so I don't know.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

m.hache posted:

It's been 10 months since my last survey. Instead I get google asking me questions about locations like whether they deliver.

I think I've been moved to the free survey platform :(

nah i get both of those, the places questions just give you community points or some poo poo

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

New Leaf posted:

Has anyone actually given this a shot? It seems close enough to Game Dev that it might be interesting.

I found it pretty interesting when I played the Japanese version some time back. It's pretty similar to GDS in several respects, except that you're only one person for a long time and the people you can hire later are pretty simplified compared to you (you do most of the work, they just provide small bonuses to the project). Project lengths tend to be shorter than in GDS, with lengths varying depending on which genre and setting you use, measured in chapters/volumes (not sure what the English release calls them). Your stats and some items decide how quickly you can churn out chapters, but a single-shot manga typically take from 5-20'ish days to make, depending on setting/genre combo and your chosen sleep schedule. You can build a portfolio of series that you can release later on if you get an offer from a publisher but are already busy on something else or currently have too little "knowledge" to make one. Wait too long though and the series will be too low quality compared to where you are at the moment. You can choose which publisher to release series with, with different publishers having different fan demographics and standards for how good a series needs to be. If you make a series and it doesn't live up to your current standards, you can use a "worse" publisher to salvage at least some of the investment. Using a publisher at least once is also a requirement for getting offers from them later.

When you get popular you might also be asked to make a running series, which has you make chapters every week with a weekly deadline for a set period of time (often half a year or longer). You can ask to extend the deadline by one day if you run short. Once you have released enough chapters the publisher will bundle them up into a comic book release which gives you extra cash and fandom, and really popular series give you deals for merchandise, anime adaptions and foreign publishing. These don't have any mechanics to them from what I can see, you just decide whether to agree to it and get money if you do. In the game I played I didn't see any downsides to agreeing to these deals.

You have to manage your energy and "knowledge" or "information" (again don't know what the English release calls it), which you need to make chapters. Energy is consumed by working and is restored by sleeping at night. You can adjust your sleep schedule for working days and idle days; working longer means faster chapter completion but less energy regained at night. "knowledge" is gained in a variety of ways, like spending money going out to do stuff like sightseeing, going to museums and things like that.

The money you earn are used to buy bigger housing and furniture that you can interact with to get more knowledge and usable items that give more knowledge or energy, which level up with enough use (I think the level carries over to new games). Your employees also use these items. You also need money to buy new genre and setting ideas (though you get some for free when you rank up). And paying employees, naturally. Training to increase your stats doesn't require money in this game, but experience points, which you get for releasing manga.

The way manga are created bears some similarities to GDS and Magazine Mogule, but the mechanics surrounding it feel different than those games and in my opinion are a breath of fresh air.

*Edit*
For running series, "knowledge" management becomes really important because you don't want to blow it all at once, but also don't want the entire series being really slow. You max stored "knowledge" increases with rank and sometimes when you burn the maximum possible knowledge stored on a single chapter. A certain range of knowledge used equates to a certain "type" of chapter (like Climax, Filler, Introduction etc), and using the same type repeatedly will make your series worse. Conversely, certain combinations of types will get you a bonus (just wiki these for the sake of your sanity).

*Edit 2*

Oh, the English release went with "PP" as the English version of Knowledge. I guess they could only fit so much text in that little box using the Latin alphabet.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Aug 12, 2016

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

I'm enjoying this immensely.

What's the strategy for qualifying? I usually have my guys run 2 laps on soft tires, set a good time, then run a lap on hard since that's usually how i race.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I picked up the new FTP FF Mobius game and it's okay. It's really pretty, at least, but I don't know what's going on. I mostly play it while walking around or pooping.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

JayKay posted:

I'm enjoying this immensely.

What's the strategy for qualifying? I usually have my guys run 2 laps on soft tires, set a good time, then run a lap on hard since that's usually how i race.

I haven't played in a year but I remember trying to time it so you don't get stuck behind a pack of drivers too. I think it also counts your last lap even if time runs out if you're trying to squeeze out another lap.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

AG3 posted:

[Manga Writer Story words]
More importantly, did they go back to the "you can just buy the game" pricing model, or are they still on the "pay monthly for a no-ads antisubscription" bullshit?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Hitman: Sniper just got updated with its long gestating Death Valley update. It's basically just a new map where you're protecting a guy from waves of zombies; you can upgrade your weapon and perks like the core game but it's missing the more complex gameplay elements like setting up traps by shooting the environment. Still, new content is often welcome.

In other Square Enix Montreal news, Deus Ex GO will be out next week, on the 18th.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 12, 2016

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

DopeGhoti posted:

More importantly, did they go back to the "you can just buy the game" pricing model, or are they still on the "pay monthly for a no-ads antisubscription" bullshit?

They swap between them each game. Manga is purchase, the Power Rangers one is free+ads.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Pac-Man Hats is a new Pac-game available to test out in early access. It has... crafting? Anyway it seems to take the traditional game and cuts it down into short, bite sized levels with objectives to complete. Also hats.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 12, 2016

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

mrkillboy posted:

Reigns is a new card-based casual strategy/CYOA-kinda game where as a monarch you make rulings for your kingdom by swiping cards left or right (like Tinder) while trying to balance support from the church, military etc. It's pretty interesting, and while I was a bit concerned whether there's enough content in the game to justify the $3 price tag, it looks like there's actually quite a bit of stuff to uncover.

I'm having a good time with this so far, although everything seems to be pretty much up to luck of the draw. Haven't managed to have a king live longer than 23 years yet :(

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just got my king to 103 years in power. The game is really simple, but the way the overarching story unfolds with additional cards keeps it fresh for me for now. If I had to give one complaint, I would say effects of some cards is not very logical, especially when it comes to the people and the army.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anyone playing Legendary: Game of Heroes? Despite looking and sounding like one of those lovely games advertised in other f2p games it's actually a fun PAD clone. Looking for a little guild action if one exists :)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Holy poo poo, I'm in love with Neo Turf Masters. :allears:

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Does it play that well in a tablet?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kunster posted:

Does it play that well in a tablet?

Probably, I'm on an LG G4

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."

Lowness 72 posted:

Pro strategy football is pretty great.

I tried this based on your post, and I have to say its far better than it had any right to be, for what seems like a one-man operation

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

explosivo posted:

Anyone playing Legendary: Game of Heroes? Despite looking and sounding like one of those lovely games advertised in other f2p games it's actually a fun PAD clone. Looking for a little guild action if one exists :)

Looks nice so what should we reroll for?

Imp Boy
Feb 8, 2004

explosivo posted:

Just started, applied to goon squad as Harrumphenstein. So far I'm liking it, nice graphics, good art style and a decent enough twist on the match 3 mechanic

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

Imp Boy posted:

Just started, applied to goon squad as Harrumphenstein. So far I'm liking it, nice graphics, good art style and a decent enough twist on the match 3 mechanic

I started playing too but goon squad is full! Kick some inactives.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Has anyone here won any of the Tiny Tower in game raffles?

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

JayKay posted:

I've tried. Always. Never could win a single dang raffle. :(

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Theres an actual game in tiny towers? I thought it was all mindless busywork with tine gate paywalls.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

This PAD-like Legendary Game of Heroes is actually really good, IMO. Particularly because I don't have to put up with all the bullshit to play PAD in Australia.

Add me if you're playing: RapnerSA

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
In LGoH as Large Potato

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
LGOH

Joined goon squad as 'Deep Dark Fantasy'.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Is Goon Squad actually goons? Or is there some other goon guild?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

JayKay posted:

I have actually! It's possible, but it seems like the odds are somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 in 300 judging by the entrants/winner ratio, so if you hit it every hour 24 hours a day you'd get like, one on average in a week.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Secret of the Cores is an Asteroids-inspired space exploration and mining game that seems pretty neat. Its free with a pay what you want IAP if you want to send the dev some cash.

Also out, a Mr Robot game made by Telltale that, unlike their other titles, is a Lifeline-esque game that looks and plays like a IM app.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 17, 2016

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

mrkillboy posted:

Also out, a Mr Robot game made by Telltale that, unlike their other titles, is a Lifeline-esque game that looks and plays like a IM app.

Which looks nifty (and the "EULA" has some interesting comedy in it), but has a bug (at least on Android N) where it always has the "you have a new message" notification firing.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

overseer07 posted:

Is Goon Squad actually goons? Or is there some other goon guild?

I'm not sure. I've applied as Roid anyway :)

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Looks like Deus Ex GO is out a little bit early today.

I initially wasn't as excited for this one because I'm not into Deus Ex but I quite like it, and if you liked the previous GO games you probably will too even though it's pretty much more of the same. Its less cinematic than Lara Croft and resembles Hitman much more, though early on they introduce augments like invisibility and hacking mechanics which are cool additions.

There's an actual story now with simple cut scenes but it didn't really grab me. There's about 50 levels in the game but the devs have added daily levels which hopefully goes some way to fixing the relative shortness of these games.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 18, 2016

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I decided goon squad isn't actual goon, do I made a guild in Legendary called 'Summonthing Awful'.

You should always recycle your puns.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Rapner posted:

I decided goon squad isn't actual goon, do I made a guild in Legendary called 'Summonthing Awful'.

You should always recycle your puns.

Just applied as Arbetor. Interesting little Gacha game so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Is there rerolling required in this GGGOTW (goon gachapon game of the week)?