Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

magnificent7 posted:

What the poo poo man, I opened that at work.

Stop browsing the forums and get back to work! :backtowork:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/764595459629342721

I always knew the Olympics were green screened just like the moon landings. SB nation is gonna get in so much trouble for spilling the beans

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

etalian posted:

In all fairness Picanha is amazing
I went to a Brazilian steakhouse last weekend and ate a million pounds of pincanha and also didn't get mugged, murdered or have a heart attack.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

SLOSifl posted:

I went to a Brazilian steakhouse last weekend and ate a million pounds of pincanha and also didn't get mugged, murdered or have a heart attack.

Did you get your money back for what was obviously not an authentic experience?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

etalian posted:

Best thing about velodrome how to the athletes look like fallout mutants due to their enormous thighs

I feel like speedskaters hold that "Monstrous Thighs" crown.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SLOSifl posted:

It's my favorite cut of meat at brazilian steakhouses especially with the traditional rocksalt spices.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Korea looking for blood after that soccer match. Honduran player taken out in stretcher has probably already been dumped in the bay.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Rio officials say the green swamp pool issue is because chemistry isn't an exact science. They also said they weren't fixing the diving pool because "they don't spend as much time as the water polo/synchro swim competitors do"

Last I checked, chemistry was indeed an exact science.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Cthulu Carl posted:

The one where they have to start by following goony dude on a little electric scooter is the best.

Also because during a crash, one of the cyclists was so determined to hang out, she ended up riding on the wall as she passed the crash.

keirin owns

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cthulu Carl posted:

I feel like speedskaters hold that "Monstrous Thighs" crown.

*ahem*

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Azhais posted:

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/764595459629342721

I always knew the Olympics were green screened just like the moon landings. SB nation is gonna get in so much trouble for spilling the beans

ThAts the pool man

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

vyst posted:

Rio officials say the green swamp pool issue is because chemistry isn't an exact science. They also said they weren't fixing the diving pool because "they don't spend as much time as the water polo/synchro swim competitors do"

Chlorine can't clear green streams.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

vyst posted:

Hey they have officially said even though it's really green and smells like farts everything is totally safe and fine. And great.

They're going to give up and drain the polo pool for synchronized swimming.

I think the divers have been messing up because they reallllly don't want to be in it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

NBC was going through the line-up at the starting line for the men's 10,000 and as they're talking about a Kenyan who they were saying is a favorite, the Japanese runner next to him lets out a massive, extended yawn.

I'm rooting for Bored Japanese Runner.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

He can crush a watermelon between those squat monsters.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Slo mo sand cam is best cam

Degenerate Star
Oct 27, 2005
unlikely

Bill NYSE posted:

I'm so sorry about the quality of this but I loved these from the past.

Aww, it's good to see the world's angriest floating head getting work again.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Shenanigans in the Long Jump.

Hilariously wrong measurement, but you know what? We'll just rake away all the marks in the sand before they can even protest the measurement.

GG Rio.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nah, he hit that sand, really obvious in the head on.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Cthulu Carl posted:

NBC was going through the line-up at the starting line for the men's 10,000 and as they're talking about a Kenyan who they were saying is a favorite, the Japanese runner next to him lets out a massive, extended yawn.

I'm rooting for Bored Japanese Runner.

How did the bored Japanese guy do? Is he winning?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

goatface posted:

Nah, he hit that sand, really obvious in the head on.

Yeah, after seeing the head-on I agree.

However, the pit keepers are supposed to wait until enough time has passed for the current jumper to register a protest for a re-measure before they wipe the evidence. These guys are raking like they get a bonus based on how many jumpers they push through in the least amount of time.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Chichevache posted:

How did the bored Japanese guy do? Is he winning?

Mo Farrah from the UK won. As pretty much everybody expected, except for whoever was the announcer for the NBC live stream.

Dude even took a tumble on the track half-way through and still fought his way back to the front and won.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

flosofl posted:

However, the pit keepers are supposed to wait until enough time has passed for the current jumper to register a protest for a re-measure before they wipe the evidence. These guys are raking like they get a bonus based on how many jumpers they push through in the least amount of time.

They definitely were rushing their way through it. Probably not enough staff to cover all the events.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

flosofl posted:

With the hilarious amount of corruption going on here, there's a non-zero chance that they actually do.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

flosofl posted:

Mo Farrah from the UK won. As pretty much everybody expected, except for whoever was the announcer for the NBC live stream.

Dude even took a tumble on the track half-way through and still fought his way back to the front and won.

How did the bored Japanese guy do?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

What are the current odds that bob costas isn't actually in Rio?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Chichevache posted:

How did the bored Japanese guy do?

He didn't medal.

But ya know? I don't think he minded too much. Dude clearly just to go on a nice relaxing jog.

LOL, Rowdy Gaines with the Freudian slip on the relay saying Phelps went "right past Gay- er, Guy."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Virigoth posted:

What are the current odds that bob costas isn't actually in Rio?

After dual-wielding Sochi Eye?

Gonna guess he never leaves the country again.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Phelps giving the shout out to "lights out, knives out" Ray Lewis his spiritual advisor.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Athlete Robbed of $20k pocket change by Olympic village worker: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/athlete-robbed-by-olympic-village-worker-who-is-arrested-164134737.html

E: Also, a new threat: bugs/spiders that can take out a horse: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/dutch-dressage-rider-quits-after-horse-falls-ill-042910862.html

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 14, 2016

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Whole bunch of day 8 pictures,

http://www.dw.com/en/rio-in-pictures-day-8/g-19473404
http://www.abplive.in/sports/day-8-must-see-pictures-from-rio-olympics-397838
http://www.reuters.com/news/picture/rio-olympics-day?articleId=USRTX2KK7O

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

It's nearly halfway through the events and there's no major incidents, just the unity and celebration of athletic prowess that we expect from the Olympics. I made this clear in the other Rio megathread, but I feel sorry for a bunch of computer nerds who have probably never played sport in their lives that have nothing better to do than sit and make snarky comments.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

This thread is for making GBS threads on the Brazilian people and their lovely land. You can start a celebration thread if you wish.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Wizard Master posted:

It's nearly halfway through the events and there's no major incidents, just the unity and celebration of athletic prowess that we expect from the Olympics. I made this clear in the other Rio megathread, but I feel sorry for a bunch of computer nerds who have probably never played sport in their lives that have nothing better to do than sit and make snarky comments.

He said, talking about the Olympics where the pools turned green, the fields turned patchy, and race tracks fixed with paper and duct tape, all in the first half. Truly a modern triumph.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wizard Master posted:

What is a major event? Nuke? Isis? Or uncompetitive graft and substandard everything?

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003

Wizard Master posted:

I feel sorry for a bunch of computer nerds who have probably never played sport in their lives that have nothing better to do than sit and make snarky comments.

:goonsay:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Guys, we need to ease up on the shaming in this thread o' shame.

Also, can we start betting on what they're going to use for the open water swimming platform? I saw someone had a big inflatable thing out in the background at Copacabana the other day. That should work, right?

Then deflate and place in biohazard containment when you're done.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

B!G_$W@NG@ posted:

Guys, we need to ease up on the shaming in this thread o' shame.

Also, can we start betting on what they're going to use for the open water swimming platform? I saw someone had a big inflatable thing out in the background at Copacabana the other day. That should work, right?

Then deflate and place in biohazard containment when you're done.

Just weld a bunch of old used oil drums together, makes some plywood slats and you got a platform, they should have a few old oil drums laying around, right?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

B!G_$W@NG@ posted:

You mean those giant airbed things and we have all the entrants lie down on one side and then have a bunch of power-lifters and shot-putters jump onto it from a crane on the other side? Shoots everyone into the bay like a rolling start car race? Get that poo poo sorted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Wizard Master posted:

shut up fuckman

• Locked thread