Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

I genuinely hate this because I know it wasn't made ironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Tayter Swift posted:

- Tried to give an economic speech amid like 13 protestors, did a p good job in the face of it all tbh and the press were able to start the "comeback/pivot" narrative
-The very next day telegraphed a suggestion to assassinate the democratic candidate and/or judges so welp there goes the comeback/pivot narrative
-Rally attended by longtime friend and child molester Mark Foley
-Another rally where someone brought a bigass stars and bars
-Practicing his newfound skill of using charts from Fox on cue cards
-Is starting to incite violence against journalists
-And of course his polls have been... Not good

You forgot about his calls for voter intimidation.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Squizzle posted:

more of a day crew question, but how does that work if they're calling from outside indiana? i would have thought that's a paradigmatic instance of interstate commerce, and therefore a federal matter. does the federal gov devolve telecom stuff to the states somehow?

Apparently federal law does not preempt state law in this case, at least according to the 7th Circuit. I don't understand why not, though.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Louisgod posted:

Water Resistant
Jul 10, 2003

smell this posted:

pretty smart to place the blame on losing on everyone else beside trump. it's you, the voter, who lost not me!

But don't we all lose if Trump doesn't win? America loses if Trump doesn't win!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

weird to think melania's plagiarism wasn't even four weeks ago...

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I think I know what Trump will be saying about Milwaukee:

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

WampaLord posted:

I think I know what Trump will be saying about Milwaukee:

He's gonna throw another fire marshal under the bus. Sad!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

🤔

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Branco's secret lust revealed

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
If Trumps is this countries only hope, we sure are hosed

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Louisgod posted:

Don't worry every time 4chan gets too cocky to "hide their power level" they turn off more people than they convince by far

Also if you think anything on pol is ironic lol

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Branco lives in an ugly world.

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007

From the thumbnail, given the body and hair silhouette I thought it was Trump at first...

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
a lot of people upset about trump's ad strategy, it's actually not that terrible. he's been badly outraised and it might make more sense to focus on ad parity in the fall rather than spend in the summer when you get less bang for your buck. it's probably the best thing they could do.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Concerned Citizen posted:

a lot of people upset about trump's ad strategy, it's actually not that terrible. he's been badly outraised and it might make more sense to focus on ad parity in the fall rather than spend in the summer when you get less bang for your buck. it's probably the best thing they could do.

You're putting too much thought into this. Trump doesn't have a strategy.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

zen death robot posted:

Wonder what crazy poo poo Trump will say about Milwaukee

He will announce he is endorsed by Mike Ditka and/or Ray Nitschke

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

iospace posted:

... this all was this week? Holy gently caress it feels like it happened over a few of them, not just this week.

You also forgot "Obama founded ISIS" and the "walk back"

It was more of a Cha Cha Slide than a walk back

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

GobiasIndustries posted:

You're putting too much thought into this. Trump doesn't have a strategy.

I feel like it's the strategy by default, at least. Unless he just never spends that money, which would also be funny.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I feel like it's the strategy by default, at least. Unless he just never spends that money, which would also be funny.

Trump not spending money is the story of his life, not a strategy.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I loving guarantee that he thinks he can keep it after the election if he doesn't spend it.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

WampaLord posted:

I loving guarantee that he thinks he can keep it after the election if he doesn't spend it.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Louisgod posted:

It's a shame too because the animation's kind of funny, but then I just feel uncomfortable because I know it was made by a "sarcastic" racist.

iospace posted:

... this all was this week? Holy gently caress it feels like it happened over a few of them, not just this week.

You also forgot "Obama founded ISIS" and the "walk back"

The worst part about "Obama founded ISIS" was definitely the ridiculous "walk back". Had he just said that he meant it figuratively through unintentional negligence, Trump would have come out of this looking drastically better. He is his own worst enemy, and he proves that over and over.

WampaLord posted:

Doesn't he spend a lot of it on his own businesses? Or am I mistaken?

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
What happens to the money if Trump ends the election with 100 million still in the bank? I can imagine him spending his nights lying in bed, fantasizing about carting it all away to his bank. When you've spent your whole life as a scam artist the impulse must be unbearable.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

PDP-1 posted:

In short is it possible that we could see the candidate of a major party start actively working against the success of that party for his own ego gratification? It seems to me that he's already begun to set the table for just that outcome.
I don't think he has that much coordination. He's suffering narcissist injury after injury right now as he drops in the polls, the media point out his errors, the billionaires snub him, people don't want to work for his campaign, many Republicans say they won't vote for him... The narcissist response to this is rage and lashing out, and that doesn't make for scheming. He'll lash out against the party, but on instinct (of course, how different the result would be if he did it on a plan is debatable).

I really like how he's started to lash out against America/his own voters, though. He's like a domestic abuser. "I spent so much time and money on you! (And now you're being ungrateful!) If I lose, I won't forgive you!"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Jayisspecial posted:

What happens to the money if Trump ends the election with 100 million still in the bank? I can imagine him spending his nights lying in bed, fantasizing about carting it all away to his bank. When you've spent your whole life as a scam artist the impulse must be unbearable.

What happens with the money that's left over?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Jayisspecial posted:

Election night party is gonna rent out all of trump tower, and he'll charge his campaign for it all

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Theris posted:

Apparently federal law does not preempt state law in this case, at least according to the 7th Circuit. I don't understand why not, though.

I don't know the details of this case, but TCPA case law is a loving mess in general

Edit: court found there's no preemption when state makes a tougher law

quote:

The comprehensive nature of federal law on a subject does not necessarily mean that states are barred from imposing additional requirements. Hillsborough County, 471 U.S. at 717, 105 S.Ct. 2371. The non-preemption clause of the TCPA is the first and best evidence that the federal government did not intend to occupy the entire field of robocall regulation. 47 U.S.C. § 227(f)(1)(stating first and foremost, “State law not preempted”); see also Van Bergen v. Minnesota, 59 F.3d 1541, 1548 (8th Cir.1995) (coming to the same conclusion in evaluating whether the TCPA preempts a similar state law). The TCPA also expressly contemplates that states will continue to regulate telemarketing. 47 U.S.C. § 227(c)(3)(J) (any federal “do-not-call” list must be designed to enable states to use the database to enforce state law); 47 U.S.C. § 227(f)(2) (If states create a do-not-call list, it must include any federal “do not call” list adopted pursuant to the TCPA). And as we have noted, states have long regulated the content of abusive telephone calls, and interferences with the peaceful enjoyment of the home. See supra at 1045–46.

EwokEntourage fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 14, 2016

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

meristem posted:

He's like a domestic abuser.
Or is one!
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/27/ex-wife-donald-trump-made-feel-violated-during-sex.html

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Abel Wingnut posted:

weird to think melania's plagiarism wasn't even four weeks ago...

How long till the debate?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

That quote made me think for a second that Melania is debating and now I want her to debate Bill.

But she should just rip off notes from an old Ford debate verbatim.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/764655703671902208

lmao

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

He made an app or something so he must be qualified. That's just science.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Tayter Swift posted:

-Rally attended by longtime friend and child molester Mark Foley

included in this is that it also completely obliterated the "why was crazy terrorist dad at the hillary rally" attack in under 24 hours

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
Yeah, honestly he's starting to bore me, I just want to know when he'll drop out. Hillary is the interesting one: apparently she had a series of small events, but nobody reported from them because... They were too technical/to the point and so boring, I guess? But that's not for this thread.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

The reason there aren't any campaign offices yet and why Trump wanted to open one in all fifty states is that he's just about finished creating Trump Office Supplies Inc., Trump Telephones, Inc., Trump Conveniently Placed Retail Spaces For Campaign Offices Inc., and so on and so on.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Thread request: I need a video of one of Donald's speeches where he starts by using a teleprompter, and thus is low energy/sad, then goes off-script and becomes the Don we know and love. I know there's a bunch of these, but I'm using it for a course I'm teaching, so I'm looking for a particularly clear-cut case of it- maybe one of the first times he did it. Anyone have any suggestions or links?

edit: also, Joementum, can we get the tiny hands feed in the OP?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Aug 14, 2016

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Antti posted:

The reason there aren't any campaign offices yet and why Trump wanted to open one in all fifty states is that he's just about finished creating Trump Office Supplies Inc., Trump Telephones, Inc., Trump Conveniently Placed Retail Spaces For Campaign Offices Inc., and so on and so on.

Trumpco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I skipped 4000 posts and relieved to see no pivot yet.

• Locked thread