Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!
The Ultramarines were revered amongst the Legiones Astartes for their glorious moustaches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Just built myself a Sicaran; this model was a joy to put together and hot drat does it look good!

Only had that model sitting in a bag since, I dunno, April, so I guess that's pretty good for me, historically.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I've got a Venator I'm looking forward to building, but I'm not sure if I want to do that before the Leviathan or Deredeo or Vindicator :ohdear:

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
One thing this dread needs, is more skulls.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Hans, are we the baddies?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
I think the NL are one of the legions who revel in being the bad guys.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

DJ Dizzy posted:

I think the NL are one of the legions who revel in being the bad guys.

Considering they were bad guys from the inception, it's pretty safe to say you are correct.

SRM posted:

Just built myself a Sicaran; this model was a joy to put together and hot drat does it look good!

Only had that model sitting in a bag since, I dunno, April, so I guess that's pretty good for me, historically.
Interesting. I had heard this model was kind of a pain to assemble.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Yeast posted:

One thing this dread needs, is more skulls.

Not enough skulls, start over
(this owns actually)

berzerkmonkey posted:

I only had one problem, and it was with the back engine plate. It has a big tab that slots into the other hull plates, but the plate was both too big for the tab, and there were resin gates that led straight into it, making it kind of a pain to remove without ripping the piece apart. I ended up taking off the whole tab to make it fit. The two sides of the hull came packed to pieces of cardboard to keep them straight, which was a good move on FW's part.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

Shazaminator posted:

The Ultramarines were revered amongst the Legiones Astartes for their glorious moustaches.

Turn A Marine

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

berzerkmonkey posted:

Considering they were bad guys from the inception, it's pretty safe to say you are correct.

Before they redid the molds, it was.

Edit:

So...... remember last page where I ranted about a guy?

The guy that told me I couldn't bring armoured breakthrough?

Turns out he is bringing

Preator with all the beans on a jetbike and 3rd company elite, 4x5 kakophoni, and a venator. At 1k points.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 12, 2016

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Is there any real use for the Land Raider Proteus? I bought one then looked at the rules only to find it was a Land Raider without an assault ramp, which is kind of frustrating since I wanted to have my Suzerains and Guilliman tool around in it.

So I actually painted these guys a couple weeks ago, but only got around to taking pictures the other day. Here's the second half of my Mk IV Tactical Squad, with their Nuncio Vox I made from a Bastion bit:

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
The proteus is great for transporting certain units. I use one for my pyroclasts. Can pack 3 lascannons and a master crafted multi Melta for like 225pts.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

DJ Dizzy posted:

Before they redid the molds, it was.

Edit:

So...... remember last page where I ranted about a guy?

The guy that told me I couldn't bring armoured breakthrough?

Turns out he is bringing

Preator with all the beans on a jetbike and 3rd company elite, 4x5 kakophoni, and a venator. At 1k points.

Yes, but you'll be bringing the righteous fury of the Emperors vengance. :colbert:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
They've redone the Sicaran mould? :aaa:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

SRM posted:

Is there any real use for the Land Raider Proteus? I bought one then looked at the rules only to find it was a Land Raider without an assault ramp, which is kind of frustrating since I wanted to have my Suzerains and Guilliman tool around in it.

Also the array is great for some builds. I'm using one to deep strike ALL the terminators and perturabo turn 1.
If I fail 2+ rerolling reserves for more than like 2 units im just going to walk them forever.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I use my proteus to scoot around a plasma support squad and explorator web in a storm eagle and a caestus, it definitely has a role.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Outflank/Scout carries over to the rest of the squadron, right? You could run a full squadron of land raiders with one proteus and pull off a very dumb gimmick.

This page is making me want to take pictures of my dudes, but my good camera's lens was damaged a month+ ago and a replacement is pricier than I thought. I may just have to use my old camera instead and see what I can do. I've got 20 tacticals and a chaplain done and want to show them off.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Sisko is a better friend than Hixson, Panascope, and Stanyer put together: he got my Mr. Big P for my birthday.

This base is massive. Perturabo is a big model himself, but the base is a mountain of resin bigger than the guy standing atop it.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

Sisko is a better friend than Hixson, Panascope, and Stanyer put together: he got my Mr. Big P for my birthday.

This base is massive. Perturabo is a big model himself, but the base is a mountain of resin bigger than the guy standing atop it.

sells all his friends poo poo on the internet

wants birthday presents

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
In other news my organic salt business is doing very very well

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

he got my Mr. Big P

I know this isn't the first time you've said this.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Its the first time he's prefaced it with "big".

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Predator ready to cut the threads of the Allfather's enemies.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

SRM posted:

So I actually painted these guys a couple weeks ago, but only got around to taking pictures the other day. Here's the second half of my Mk IV Tactical Squad, with their Nuncio Vox I made from a Bastion bit:

Those are some awesome Ultras, great job man.

And the Proteus, besides lacking an assault ramp, is also fifty-ish points cheaper than the Phobos. It's perfect for transporting units you don't really want to assault with in the first place - special weapon squads, pyroclasts, kakophoni, the like. Paying extra for the Explorator Augury Web narrows the price gap but also lets you outflank the drat thing, which isn't generally something you'd expect to see from a giant slab of armor like a Land Raider.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I keep reading that you can't pivot when you intercept with the helical targeting array. How does that work out, exactly?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Well.... You can't. You can't move during the opponents movement phase.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
You need to mind where you face pretty much. That's a change compared to the old version.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I just noticed that the Invictarus Suzerains all have a spare gladius on their shields that looks like it's removable.

Functional!

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Mango Polo posted:

You need to mind where you face pretty much. That's a change compared to the old version.

Also lets you be super ballsy and deep strike flyers behind the line of fire!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Endman posted:

I just noticed that the Invictarus Suzerains all have a spare gladius on their shields that looks like it's removable.

Functional!

Yeah, I don't really know what the whole point of it is, since a lot of people just paint them in gold as yet more pretty iconography, but I painted em to look like functional weapons. Keeping a spare sword on the outside of your shield is really silly, but so is Warhammer as a whole.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Quick question:
Boarding shields count as defensive grenades and if a unit has ANY model in it with defensive grenades their opponents are always making a disordered charge, right?

If so, I found another thing to stick on my rear end in a top hat forge lord with a poo poo load of wacky wargear. It'll put him up to stasis grenades, rad grenades, and defensive grenades all at once. Ready for anything. :getin:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yup, that's right. The only problem is that you loose your bonus attack if you take a boarding shield. So defensive grenades or +1 attack for having 2 weapons- your choice.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

Yup, that's right. The only problem is that you loose your bonus attack if you take a boarding shield. So defensive grenades or +1 attack for having 2 weapons- your choice.
That model is going to be armed with a Terranic Greatsword which is two-handed anyways. Basically, gently caress it, doing it.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Operation: gently caress your farming scythes Mortarion is a go

Gotta neaten it up and fill that gap at the top, but I'm p pleased.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

adamantium|wang posted:

Off to reap a harvest of Landraiders with that thing.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

adamantium|wang posted:

That looks soooo much better! Can't wait to see the rest of the unit like that :)

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

adamantium|wang posted:

So much better.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Does the red book have the generic RoWs in them?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Mostly finished painting my rapiers. I really like the bronze work I did, it looks really rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
threshing crew comin' through