Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If Raditz showed up it would take everyone a while before remembering that Goku had a brother.

goku in particular would be surprised all over again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mazreal posted:

why doesn't anyone recognize pilaf and the gang

Bulma and Future Trunks know 100%. I really enjoy that Dragonball Super leaves a lot of stuff unsaid, rather than just coming out and explicitly telling the audience, they make you figure it out yourself (Goku is stronger than Beerus :ssh:). I just rewatched episode 51 and there are little jokes about Bulma knowing their identity all throughout the episode.

Pilaf runs out and proclaims himself "the Pilafs fire brigade!" and Bulma rolls her eyes. After they are done Bulma looks straight at Pilaf and says "you are helping me repair this thing", something she would say to a genius inventor villain, not a kid playing fireman. When Kid Mai asks Future Trunks about herself Bulma gets a weird look on her face and tries to subtly get everyone to leave (so they won't hear what Trunks is saying). When they are alone Trunks goes on to tell Kid Mai a terrible story about the extinction of humanity, her role in the final resistance, and her own death, completely deadpan. This isn't the story Trunks would be telling a kid, he knows Mai is really an adult, and Bulma shooed everyone away to keep her secret. Finally at the very end of the episode, Kid Mai is talking about how dreamy Future Trunks is and Bulma scolds her "Your talking just like an adult woman!", as if to say "your going to blow your cover idiot".

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 14, 2016

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Goku is not yet more powerful than beerus, they will def have a rematch some time..

JD
Jan 11, 2003
Bulma probably remembers but she married a mass murderer so why wouldn't she let Pilaf's little indiscretions go?

Goku's retarded and probably doesn't remember

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tbp posted:

Goku is not yet more powerful than beerus, they will def have a rematch some time..

Goku's not even the strongest non-god we've seen. Hit explicitly is capable of keeping the hell up with him when Goku is using his crazy suicide technique and Hit is holding back from killing.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hit lost to Monaka though, he can't be that tough.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Monaka is the strongest mortal though. He beat Hit and saved Vegeta from a fate worse than GT.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

tbp posted:

Nah, its clear that no one is scared of Beerus any more, in episode 51 everyone just ignored him and left him in the garden instead of feeding him dinner. Look at the way Vegita treats Beerus, he doesn't cower any more. It's not because they are friends, its because he knows Beerus isn't a threat. If Beerus actually destroyed the Earth Vegita and Goku would push his poo poo in.

The most telling moment is when Beerus sees Goku use the SSJ Blue Kaio-Ken. Whis asked his sarcastically "Oh gee Beerus, that wouldn't be a problem for you would it?". He is clearly making fun of Beerus, because he knows drat well that Goku is now stronger than him. The only reason they keep saying he is "stronger" is a kind of joke respect thing. They won't fight again, that would ruin the joke!

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Aug 14, 2016

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Honestly wouldn't count Beerus out quite yet, we really haven't seen that much of his true capabilities.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They know they can't beat Beerus and that he can destroy the earth. The fact they're not scared of his is because they basically know that he won't destroy the earth and that they can always bribe him with sweets if he gets mad.

Toriyama himself said that there's no intent of making Goku stronger than him any time soon either.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Beerus is probably nervous about destroying Goku now that Zeno-sama is interested in him, so there's that too. For now, Beerus needs Goku.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The fact they're not scared of his is because they basically know that he won't destroy the earth and that they can always bribe him with sweets if he gets mad.

That's my point though! In episode 51 he gets mad, and everyone just wanders off and does their own thing instead of fixing him dinner like he wanted. They just ignore him in the garden.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the ultimate prize for 100% completion in dragonball fusions is the monaka mascot costume for your character to wear

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

Bulma and Future Trunks know 100%. I really enjoy that Dragonball Super leaves a lot of stuff unsaid, rather than just coming out and explicitly telling the audience, they make you figure it out yourself (Goku is stronger than Beerus :ssh:). I just rewatched episode 51 and there are little jokes about Bulma knowing their identity all throughout the episode.

Pilaf runs out and proclaims himself "the Pilafs fire brigade!" and Bulma rolls her eyes. After they are done Bulma looks straight at Pilaf and says "you are helping me repair this thing", something she would say to a genius inventor villain, not a kid playing fireman. When Kid Mai asks Future Trunks about herself Bulma gets a weird look on her face and tries to subtly get everyone to leave (so they won't hear what Trunks is saying). When they are alone Trunks goes on to tell Kid Mai a terrible story about the extinction of humanity, her role in the final resistance, and her own death, completely deadpan. This isn't the story Trunks would be telling a kid, he knows Mai is really an adult, and Bulma shooed everyone away to keep her secret. Finally at the very end of the episode, Kid Mai is talking about how dreamy Future Trunks is and Bulma scolds her "Your talking just like an adult woman!", as if to say "your going to blow your cover idiot".

No dude you're just reading way too much into things, bulma outright states in 52 or 53 when pilaf was loving with the code that she has no idea who he is.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Elfgames posted:

No dude you're just reading way too much into things, bulma outright states in 52 or 53 when pilaf was loving with the code that she has no idea who he is.

:ssh:
That is a joke, she is teasing him.

You all do realize that people can lie, and say things that are deceptive? Just because someone says something doesn't mean its true, ever heard of the unreliable narrator? Why would Bulma let Pilaf reprogram her time machine if she thought he was an actual child? Why would she let Mai walk around with a pistol on her hip!? Maybe most of everyone else doesn't know whats going on, but Bulma knows 100%

Another example, episode 52. The opening scene Shu and Mai are helping Bulma repair the time machine. Trunks is also in the room. Bulma is calling out complicated technical parts and Mai/Shu go grab the parts for her. You know, just like they would help Pilaf build robots and poo poo! She doesn't ask Kid Trunks for any help even though he is right there too, because she knows that he is a real kid and doesn't know poo poo about technology.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 14, 2016

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Rutibex posted:

This can't be a real post.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It all makes sense.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Rutibex posted:

You all do realize that people can lie, and say things that are deceptive? Just because someone says something doesn't mean its true, ever heard of the unreliable narrator? Why would Bulma let Pilaf reprogram her time machine if she thought he was an actual child? Why would she let Mai walk around with a pistol on her hip!? Maybe most of everyone else doesn't know whats going on, but Bulma knows 100%

Another example, episode 52. The opening scene Shu and Mai are helping Bulma repair the time machine. Trunks is also in the room. Bulma is calling out complicated technical parts and Mai/Shu go grab the parts for her. You know, just like they would help Pilaf build robots and poo poo! She doesn't ask Kid Trunks for any help even though he is right there too, because she knows that he is a real kid and doesn't know poo poo about technology.

:ssh: :ssh: :ssh: you are wrong and dumb about everything :ssh: :ssh: :ssh:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Just re-watched episode 53. Goku fights Zamasu as Gowasu looks on amazed. Gowasu comments, "his power rivals the God of Destruction!". Beerus gets really pissed off when he says it too (Gowasu isn't in on the joke :v:). But Gowasu would know, he is a god and can sense god ki. Except Goku is only fighting at SSJ2 level!

If his power rivals Beerus at SSj2 than Goku must be much stronger than Beerus as SSj blue.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 14, 2016

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
So how do I put people on ignore?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Rutibex posted:

If his power rivals Beerus at SSj2 than Goku must be much stronger than Beerus as SSj blue.

Dude, just give it up already. Gowasu is just an old man who drinks tea and watches dinosaur men all day. That does not make him an intergalactic authority on who is stronger than who. Do you remember how useless the Supreme Kai was during the Majin Buu arc?

Jedah fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Aug 14, 2016

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jedah posted:

Dude, just give it up already. Gowasu is just an old man who drinks tea and watches dinosaur men all day. That does not make him an intergalactic authority on who is stronger than who.

This is not the face of a God of Destruction that is confident in is own power:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Jedah posted:

Dude, just give it up already. Gowasu is just an old man who drinks tea and watches dinosaur men all day. That does not make him an intergalactic authority on who is stronger than who.

It does however, make him a rad role model for the children.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

It obviously is.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
In my take of it, Beerus is just surprised at how quickly Goku is reaching his potential and realizing that Goku surpassing him may be sooner than he imagined. I have to imagine that Super Saiyan Blue and Red Goku would still lose against Beerus at the moment, just because Beerus fighting tooth and nail would be able to outlast him until he damaged himself too much. Once Goku has fully mastered the technique however, that's a different story. For all that we've seen of Beerus and his power, we haven't yet seem him take a fight 100% seriously, and he probably has stuff up his sleeves that even he doesn't know about until he's pushed.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Just wait until Beerus learns the Kaiokitten himself.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hit took on SSGSS X Kaiokenx10 Goku at full power, is very heavily implied to have been holding back the entire time because he wasn't allowed to kill, and at the end of it when Champa threatens to Destroy him for throwing the fight Hit gives every indication that he knows he is about to die and doesn't have a prayer.

Champa is equal or slightly weaker than Beerus.

And Goku isn't going to do SSGSS x Kaiokenx10 anymore because it could permanently destroy his ability to use ki properly.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
If Piccolo is now powerful enough to represent his Universe, I think we can see relative power as a bit more relaxed than before. Which I like, it's how Frieza could be relevant again (I also liked the "but what if I actually train?" angle)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What if beerus actually trained :captainpop:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pureauthor posted:

Hit took on SSGSS X Kaiokenx10 Goku at full power, is very heavily implied to have been holding back the entire time because he wasn't allowed to kill, and at the end of it when Champa threatens to Destroy him for throwing the fight Hit gives every indication that he knows he is about to die and doesn't have a prayer.

Your reading that scene entirely wrong!

Why did Hit change his motivation so suddenly? He no longer gave a poo poo about the cosmic cube thing, he just wanted to leave. It's because the fight against Goku is when Hit realized he was stronger than Champa! King Zeno stepped in at that moment because he knew that poo poo was about to get real, and the mortals might win and end up declaring war on the gods or something. Just look at Hits face when Champa threatens him, hes not scared he is getting ready to attack:

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 14, 2016

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Rutibex posted:

This is the face of a man who is confident in his own power:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I really got the sense that Hit was thinking "I'm about to die, but I'm sure as Hell not going down without a fight".

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
No episode this week?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Nope, they'll be back next week.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Bulma knows Pilaf is an old enemy, but actually got him confused with Garlic Jr.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Batmasterson posted:

No episode this week?

Apparently the olympics took up the slot, which doesn't make sense as even Yamcha has higher power levels than the competitors of that tournament arc.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
the olympics are loving BULLSHIT

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Webbeh posted:

Nope, they'll be back next week.

But Dragon Team just posted subs like yesterday for last weeks episode if anyone was curious.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

she didn't let him reprogram the time machine, she was busy when he did it and freaked out when she noticed him touching things and the tone of her voice was ginuinely curious when she was asking who he was.

young trunks is shown to be an idiot, the others are shown to know what the parts are. if a kid knows what a tool is why not let them fetch it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Pureauthor posted:

Hit took on SSGSS X Kaiokenx10 Goku at full power, is very heavily implied to have been holding back the entire time because he wasn't allowed to kill

It's not implied he's holding back power, it's implied he was punching Goku at times when he would normally stab someone in the neck or something. He's a killer, not a prize fighter.

• Locked thread