Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
If only they'd pivot the cameras

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Hezbollah has tourtchered CIA agents to death

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Hezbollah are bad people who all need to die

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Wait hold on.

He's reacting to an article that claims he's effectively ignoring expert advice and continuing to do what he thinks worked for him in the primary by saying he isn't listening to experts and is who he is.

Does he think this will convince people that the article is false?

I know it's impossible to understand Trump, but I'm having a really hard time with this.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Baloogan posted:

Having skipped to this page I don't see why killing cia agents is extermination worthy

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

McGlockenshire posted:

Wait hold on.

He's reacting to an article that claims he's effectively ignoring expert advice and continuing to do what he thinks worked for him in the primary by saying he isn't listening to experts and is who he is.

Does he think this will convince people that the article is false?

I know it's impossible to understand Trump, but I'm having a really hard time with this.

The article was about how the RNC tried to stage a intervention and Trump is bragging in the tweet that he didn't listen to the advice

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Baloogan posted:

"Hezbollah said nice things about me. Wouldn't it be great if we could get along better with Hezbollah?"

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

the paradigm shift posted:

Having skipped to this page I don't see why killing cia agents is extermination worthy

baloogan hates globalism but absolutely loves the poo poo out of anyone you could call a globalist

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
it is not me who has to pivot, its the media!!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shifty Pony posted:

Grifting on the Left is still incredibly easy and profitable, it just pretends to be targeted at corporations or the environment instead of at politicians. My neighborhood gets several visits a year from various "sign this petition to tell KFC to ban Monsanto GMO frankenchickens (be sure to put your email!)" paid doorknocker people only hit neighbors that I know voted in the democratic primary. I have no doubt that if I were to ever be dumb enough to actually give them any information that I'd get flooded with other fundraising pitches and eventually would find myself on a bunch of bullshit "natural cures!"

The left mainly lacks poo poo like Fox News and talk radio which have been the real enablers of the right wing grifting machine.

Well, a big issue here is overlap. The fringe right and fringe left have a huge overlap. I've got a buddy who is hugely into being a shaman and one who is a GUNS GUNS GUNS Clinton is the devil poster and they'll both post the same stuff about vaccines and GMOs.

I don't think the Democrats are immune to grifting or anything, it's just that all that business lately has been on the conservative side. Just look at Alex Jone's storefront to see the extent of what they're able to get away with. It makes $60 j/o crystals look like a black friday deal

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ze Pollack posted:

baloogan hates globalism but absolutely loves the poo poo out of anyone you could call a globalist

hate the sin, love the sinner

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
hezbigly

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Campaign infrastructure status: going great!

https://twitter.com/katherinemiller/status/764861168871694336

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

broken clock opsec posted:

Uh keeping an actual political organization going in-between elections is a good thing, I mean the alternative here is something Hillary gets raked over the coals for (her years at the Rose Law Firm, among other periods) and your staffers scatter to the winds.

it looks like he chose to fund his political organization under false pretenses, though

quote:

In 2011, shortly after losing his Senate seat, Feingold announced that he was setting up his PAC and a political nonprofit called Progressives United Inc. The two groups have raised and spent $10 million over the past four years.

The PAC was created with the aim of "directly and indirectly supporting candidates who stand up for our progressive ideals."

But campaign records show that Feingold's PAC did little to help candidates directly, donating a mere $352,008 to federal candidates and political parties since 2011.

Most of the rest of its budget went to overhead.

now the contributions indirectly supported feingold's campaign apparatus for six years out of office, sure, but that's still pretty much a lie. elsewhere they say feingold's numbers in response indicate spending $3.50 for every $1 spent on a candidate, which is a better ratio than the tea party PACs from the politico article but still represents an instance of the sort of thing campaign finance reformers want gone, which is ironic/hypocritical/predictable/whatever

the alternative would be to not tell your donors you're going to do one thing with their money then skim most of their donations off the top to keep yourself paid. maybe the party could've got him and all his staffers a job at a think tank, or feingold could've stuck with explicitly raising money for his own campaign/movement?

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 14, 2016

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
cia, newt gingrich, the us army, the koch foundation, hillary clinton, and that's before you start using it as a code word for jews

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ze Pollack posted:

isn't this Canadian conservative politics to a T, though?

incredibly xenophobic, anti-interventionist, but incredibly pro US-Security-State since it's literally the reason that Canada doesn't have to have a real military budget

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oh my godddddd the white nationalist tattoo-covered volunteers are now running the show in swing states

there's going to be a hundred books written about this campaign and I'm going to buy them all and it won't be enough

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
if you can't handle me at my jeb, you dont deserve me at my jeb!

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

The Ape of Naples posted:

"Miss Me Yet?"
-Jeb!

:vince:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

i like how he points out that trump cant do a lot of the crazy poo poo he has promised because of checks and balances, but he thinks hillary will be able to literally end entrepreneurship

someone isnt being intellectially honest

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Ill never forget that Jeb! campaign disaster of whenever

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Boosted_C5 posted:

JEB! I've changed my mind please come back.

Please.

FIX THIS

Slow and steady wins the race

In the end we will all be supporters of Jeb!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

At least it looks nicer than Doobie's Doghouse.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mirthless posted:

I didn't say that, lol

The more narrow somebody's specialization is, the less time they have to devote to other pursuits. I'm not trying to bash on the educated, but people who spend 10-20 years getting to a position that requires a great deal of expertise are naturally going to take umbrage at the idea that they're wrong, and I haven't had a lot of experiences to say otherwise, and I've dealt with literally hundreds of these people. :shrug: Not a lot of doctors understand computers very well, that's a fact. I don't expect them to! I don't sneer at them for it! But it's very likely that a doctor of X knows X really well and probably knows Y and Z about as well as everybody else. This guy doesn't deserve a platform to speak on politics based purely on the fact that he's a Pretty Good Doctor (just like Ben Carson wasn't going to be a very good president just because he was a really incredible surgeon) and his opinions can (and in this case, do) turn out to be hilariously wrong. My commentary was more on the surprise that seems to accompany morons with PHDs.

For the record what you're experiencing probably isn't myopic academics who don't read outside of their profession. You can be pretty loving stupid and just put in enough hours to get an advanced degree. You meet a lot of scientists who are morons and suck at their job because they're morons.

Also most every IT person I've met is insufferable so don't throw those stones too hard.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Baloogan posted:

Hezbollah has tourtchered CIA agents to death

They don't even hand them over to a foreign government first to have plausible deniability? Amateurs.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jeb! greatest accomplishment wasn't wasting $100 million in PAC money.

It's when he invested a majority of Florida state pension funds in Lehmen Brothers, leading to a 5 billion dollar loss in assets.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
baloogan is the boosted c5 of anti-globalism, essentially

he'll talk the talk but he will never wear the hat

*leave his safe warm Canadian sewer

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ze Pollack posted:

cia, newt gingrich, the us army, the koch foundation, hillary clinton, and that's before you start using it as a code word for jews

im pro cia pro nsa pro harambe

go army

and i like jews too

i dont like the koch
and id rather have webb than clinton

Mirthless posted:

isn't this Canadian conservative politics to a T, though?

incredibly xenophobic, anti-interventionist, but incredibly pro US-Security-State since it's literally the reason that Canada doesn't have to have a real military budget

hm yeah i guess so tho im heading south because we have a faget muslim as prim minister

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
if putin called clinton a bitch i would be so angry at putin and i would call him a little slav gay boy

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
how can you be pro cia AND pro harambe considering what the former did to the latter?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm glad the media is being so mean to Trump, they seemed so deferential to him during the primary contest.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/dandrezner/status/764865582416232449

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

sharkbomb posted:

Never argue politics with *any person, in any profession*, you will wish you had done literally anything else with that amount of time

ftfy.

People get really indignant at doctors for some reason, especially IT workers that think they know everything about some other profession because they installed the latest edition of Microsoft Office on a Medical Research Doctors computer

It's nothing unique to a particular job. It's just culturally we assume people in a profession with a higher barrier to entry must be equally knowledgable about other things. Doctors are just the most visible example of that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol when they said they were going to open offices, did they mean volunteer run offices? lmao

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

how can you be pro cia AND pro harambe considering what the former did to the latter?

the CIA did for Harambe what baloogan desperately craves for himself, that one's easy to reconcile

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Eonwe posted:

lol when they said they were going to open offices, did they mean volunteer run offices? lmao

It will be the Doobie Doghouse of politics

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jeez, I'm watching Katrina Pierson get into a fight with a Fox News anchor over Trump's tax returns. The Trump campaign can't get along with anyone, huh?

I've been zoned out of the news the last week but based on that one interview I'm assuming things haven't improved for Trump.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/764866887511572480

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The most offensive thing about Katrina Pierson is that her name is far too similar to the supremely awesome Kate Pierson.

• Locked thread