Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Erg posted:

Roman is the new best character

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Roman is good, Wizard Souls is good, thank you zoglin. I'll have to reread it while looking for the mandatory single typo later.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I want Manaka and Roman to be friends.

Also, found a typo: Page 8 says "Deulist".

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Great Dragon combo seems to be a bit better than Exodia in that the pieces can actually do something. Otoh, lol the Dragonballs.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

This is comedy gold right here.

This sounds like an interesting mechanic. Any card games that actually do this form of resource management?

Erg posted:

Roman is the new best character
I enjoyed her a lot.

Thanks Zolgin. Any chance for a DL link?

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 9, 2016

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i'm glad Eita went full tsundere

I am also glad you're translating this, Zoglin.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

This sounds like an interesting mechanic. Any card games that actually do this form of resource management?

I figured basically everything being played had an analogue in Magic the Gathering because the writer said she wanted to base a manga off it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

that exists in magic

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Davincie posted:

that exists in magic

That's weird because I've never seen that before. Just drawing land like usual. Granted I tend to just borrow decks to play Magic so I don't really browse the catalog. Minor tangent but recently I've been looking at Force of Will which has a more controlled resource generation mechanic you basically get one resource card per turn with a max of 10 I think.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there's some cards, mainly with eldrazi that allow you to throw cards into the exile zone and then you can use those cards in the exile pile to add additional effects to spells. blue and black also play around with it sometimes

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Zoglin! Thank you!

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Magic doesn't have soul crystals, but it does have stuff that uses the discard pile (the "graveyard") as a resource. Like say, corpse-eating monsters that get larger if you let them eat up the stuff in there.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That said, Roman's past includes goddamn Exodia from Yugioh.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When is the Drinking Girls anime

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

In Training posted:

I'd be more hype for it than anything

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I'd sell my soul to the thread for that.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm collecting souls.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I'd sell my soul to the thread for that.

I'd also sell your soul for that.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

In Training posted:

GimmickMan posted:

Also, found a typo: Page 8 says "Deulist".

I am undone :negative:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You're a saint among men.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

hello thank you for posting the comics in the zoglin thread for zoglin to post the comic in but also thank you for the bespoke anime you've provided

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Thanks for more Wizard's Soul Z0glin!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Anime of the year.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Hooray.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I think I got the imgur album image order thing worked out so try this out.

I like having it only on imgur first because as soon as it goes up on batoto it's instantly all over the internet, making fixing typos/errors basically impossible. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
No typos I could spot on skimming it, but:

Probably should be "gives me butterflies" instead of "has butterflies in my stomach."

There are many ways to enjoy this/it/these things.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I'm always excited for Micchan

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Lemon-Lime posted:

No typos I could spot on skimming it, but:

Probably should be "gives me butterflies" instead of "has butterflies in my stomach."

There are many ways to enjoy this/it/these things.

"There are many ways to enjoy them."

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

tempura sea urchin is v good

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

"There are many ways to enjoy them."

It was talking about tempura and the restaurant experience as a whole, not the ingredients.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Lemon-Lime posted:

It was talking about tempura and the restaurant experience as a whole, not the ingredients.

Ah. Tbh I didn't even read the panel in detail, just the subtitle beneath it. Can read any manga right now either.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

tempura sea urchin is v good

i really wanna try it now

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

I'm the super angry monk fish

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

everythingWasBees posted:

i really wanna try it now

i resisted for a long time because i hate almost all seafood but it was surprisingly great when deep fried

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

"There are many ways to enjoy." is fine, not specifying a subject makes it refer to the entire experience as an aggregate.

Re: the notes at the end, is there a purpose to the tokkuri aside from ritual? I always get thrown off when you pour from one bottle into another bottle and /then/ serve, maybe I'm just uncultured

Is sediment a problem with some sakes?

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Thanks for the suggestions/comments/pointers! I'll mess around with it a bit and put it up on the 'tote.

Patware posted:

Re: the notes at the end, is there a purpose to the tokkuri aside from ritual? I always get thrown off when you pour from one bottle into another bottle and /then/ serve, maybe I'm just uncultured

Is sediment a problem with some sakes?

Some of it is just a quirk of history. Originally, sake wasn't bottled like it is today, but was instead poured out into a tokkuri owned by the store that you'd take home and then return later. Nowadays it's mostly a tradition thing or something done at a restaurant that lets them sell you a substantial amount of sake without you having to buy the whole bottle (it's common to get one or two tokkuri for a group as a single round of drinks at a party, in between beers/cocktails/etc).

Especially considering the small size of the cups, it's convenient to have a mid-sized container to pour from rather than leave a whole bottle out all night--sake can go bad relatively quickly after opening when not refrigerated. Still though, people do pour straight from the bottle sometimes, most often when you're at home and when you expect to drink the whole bottle.

Most sake is filtered such that sediment isn't really an issue (though nigori sake, at least, leaves a lot in and requires you shake the bottle before pouring).

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

The kumomori people said they thought it would be good if I kept doing the otaku manga so I guess I will. This chapter is v short, be warned.

Unless you include my wall of text in the notes, then it's pretty long I guess.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Look at all those smooth boys. Look how smooth they are.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Another chapter where Kabakura and Koyanagi are the cuter of two couples. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

z0glin Warchief posted:

Unless you include my wall of text in the notes, then it's pretty long I guess.

Your thorough and informative translator notes are one of the best parts about reading the manga you translate, 'chief

• Locked thread