Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

sharkbomb posted:

ohhhhhhh ok

Let me just put you through the motions on just what a Jeb tweet account would like if “he” were the nominee. First of all I don’t think Jeb would spend most of his time on twitter. I would think there would be different outlets rather than twitter to explain your hostility toward anyone. Jeb! Wouldn’t complain about the 1st amendment either. If you think about it during the whole primary Jeb! Never once accused the media as its personal enemy despite certain media outlets were out to get him. Jeb! Would have run an honest, down to earth, general election campaign and attack Clinton on certain policies rather than blaming everything on the mainstream media. That Jeb! Tweet with the gun was his last desperate attempt to garnish support but it went nowhere. It also solidified that people who backed Trump would continue to support Trump. If Jeb! Won the nominee there would have still been outspoken Trump supporters calling Jeb! fat and a pussy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I really like Jeb!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

iospace posted:

https://twitter.com/onlxn/status/764872831779741696

Can we please get Owen Ellickson on the tiny hands feed?

The fact that Trump uses Bing is what sold me.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

give the pulitzer to buzz feed andrew

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Trump needs to be goaded into a libel/slander suit just to add to the clown show of this election. I'd wager that if he doesn't release his tax returns before the first debate, Hillary might try and nail him on it and wheedle at his insecurity

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

smell this posted:

Let me just put you through the motions on just what a Jeb tweet account would like if “he” were the nominee. First of all I don’t think Jeb would spend most of his time on twitter. I would think there would be different outlets rather than twitter to explain your hostility toward anyone. Jeb! Wouldn’t complain about the 1st amendment either. If you think about it during the whole primary Jeb! Never once accused the media as its personal enemy despite certain media outlets were out to get him. Jeb! Would have run an honest, down to earth, general election campaign and attack Clinton on certain policies rather than blaming everything on the mainstream media. That Jeb! Tweet with the gun was his last desperate attempt to garnish support but it went nowhere. It also solidified that people who backed Trump would continue to support Trump. If Jeb! Won the nominee there would have still been outspoken Trump supporters calling Jeb! fat and a pussy!

you know everything I wrote about Jeb was just a pretense to post the gun-America tweet

I can't even remember what I poo poo-posted and I'm not going to look it up either

but thank you

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

I just want him to slip and say friend of the family like santorum started to in 2012

or bitch/oval office in reference to hillary. just let it happen already :unsmigghh:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

smell this posted:

Yeah not the whole I want to date my daughter. Nope.

im a little more concerned that a major party nominee wants to try to stifle free speech than I am that he wants to gently caress his daughter

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Feranon posted:

I just want him to slip and say friend of the family like santorum started to in 2012

or bitch/oval office in reference to hillary. just let it happen already :unsmigghh:

whats he got to lose at htis point

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Feranon posted:

ni-blaghuh people aren't amused

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Eonwe posted:

im a little more concerned that a major party nominee wants to try to stifle free speech than I am that he wants to gently caress his daughter

okay but what seems more presentable i guess is what i am asking

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Wikkheiser posted:

I really like Jeb!

Performed in the style of Carly Rae Jeb!sen

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

"oh no some republican nominee is trying to censor the media" i mean, it's like a factory

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

etalian posted:

It says something that people in his campaign are so disgruntled that they are now leaking info to the press.

This happens in every losing campaign, it usually just starts around Oct 20th

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

the difference between censoring the media and child loving is that conservatives only wish they could do the former

i mean has everyone forgotten how ted cruz's daughter recoiled from him? lmao

e: double lmao at the wordfilter

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/KBAndersen/status/764881052796088334

Thankfully we now have pictorial evidence of him making GBS threads on the 1st amendment without any shred of irony.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

iospace posted:

Thankfully we now have pictorial evidence of him making GBS threads on the 1st amendment without any shred of irony.

yeah and since the media hates his guts now, they may tear into him about it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

iospace posted:

How many shreds of sarcasm do you think?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it's not freedom of the press unless they agree with me!

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

maybe the pivot will be when he reveals he's been ironically shitposting this entire time?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Wanna see a ppp poll on the president restricting the first amendment because of negative coverage

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

shiksa posted:

Wanna see a ppp poll on the president restricting the first amendment because of negative coverage

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785972

Well, here you go.

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

what would a "solid attack" in the debates look like? i mean really think about it. imagine DJT saying it, whatever it is

is it a claim that the public won't have heard repeated endless times already, and got completely inoculated against giving a poo poo?

will it be in no way hypocritical for him, of all people, to be the one calling her out on it?

will he phrase it and time it in a way that really makes it land effectively, and not overplay his hand, or have it come out of nowhere in a response to the wrong question?

will it definitely not be overshadowed by something incredibly loving bizarre he says less than twenty seconds later?

how is he going to cope in front of a crowd who are not overwhelmingly already on his side?

seriously, it's not going to be like the primaries. it takes preparation and skill to be effective at the best of times

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

dimebag dinkman posted:

what would a "solid attack" in the debates look like? i mean really think about it. imagine DJT saying it, whatever it is

is it a claim that the public won't have heard repeated endless times already, and got completely inoculated against giving a poo poo?

will it be in no way hypocritical for him, of all people, to be the one calling her out on it?

will he phrase it and time it in a way that really makes it land effectively, and not overplay his hand, or have it come out of nowhere in a response to the wrong question?

will it definitely not be overshadowed by something incredibly loving bizarre he says less than twenty seconds later?

how is he going to cope in front of a crowd who are overwhelmingly already on his side?

seriously, it's not going to be like the primaries. it takes preparation and skill to be effective at the best of times

The problem is, who does Hillary use a debate prep?

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I must say, I will always remember fondly that idiot internet edgelords managed to hitch their wagons to the most easily trolled candidate in modern history. There's something poetic about, like an Aesop fable almost.

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007

smell this posted:

it's not freedom of the press unless they agree with me!

Facts are not true unless I agree with them!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

iospace posted:

Every time this question comes up the answer should always be tj miller

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Epic High Five posted:

If we're differentiating between irony and sarcasm then we have to back to Socrates. Which really brings us back to corrupting children. In the end, everything in the Trump thread leads us back to child-loving.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

iospace posted:

tj miller

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

My debate expectations: Trump manages to avoid saying anything totally outrageous during the debates, loads of people write articles about how he's pivoted to being a serious candidate, then the next day he says that slaves were better off before they were freed.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

iospace posted:

Joe Biden with a bottle of tequila

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/764886640825405440
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/764886995525042176

I want to see how badly the media turns on him if he pulls NYT, because isn't it our "newspaper of record" here in the US?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i mean, trump can just not take the debates seriously. he can make face gestures, use his hands, laugh, or whatever and at the end of the day he can just go up and say, "so what?"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Trump will talk and talk about how the article is full of lies but never formally challenge it because he's a coward and also knows it's true.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

iospace posted:

This has been solved. Thomas F Wilson.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Going after Trump's "charts".

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/764887856280113153

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/764886937190666240

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

sharkbomb posted:

You are the Trump Tutelage: do you really think Trump is going to just land a blow on Clinton and that's all that will happen? The general election started a couple of weeks ago and he shoots himself in the foot every day in situations that are fully under his control.
I think cable news is more Network than Good Night and Good Luck. It'll probably be something along the lines of Trump having an unusually incisive attack on Clinton that makes her stumble. Trump will then say a bunch of dumb word salad poo poo in follow-up as he always does, and then release a statement after the debate clarifying his position + adding another line of attack. The hungry-for-novelty news media will curiously elide the dumb poo poo and lay in to Clinton, because they don't seriously think Trump has a chance of winning, and because they aren't actually afraid of mortally wounding Hillary. Doing this will let them spice up the news cycle for a little while and pretend like the race isn't already over, drat the consequences.

It's all spectacle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

iospace posted:

Drunk Joe Biden.

Consummate Professional posted:

Joe Biden with a bottle of tequila

:argh:

• Locked thread