Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Joda posted:

DC is 4 European players and 1 American, but I guess everyone pegs them as American because they're owned by Sunsfan or something lol

The team is physically based in america.

It makes sense to do that too since the NA qualifiers are generally much easier than the EU one.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
also they had a house in arizona ready lol..

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Joda posted:

DC is 4 European players and 1 American, but I guess everyone pegs them as American because they're owned by Sunsfan or something lol

IcePhoenix posted:

Taking in a bunch of european rejects and blending them into a well oiled machine of domination is like the most American thing ever though

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jerk McJerkface posted:

How does a totalitarian government like China handle a bunch of kids getting 10mil USD wired to them? I can't imagine it ends favorably for the players.

Chinese people are allowed to earn money

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you don't get it, in any country but the united states the government will forcefully take the money away from them and tell them to get back in line for the single toothbrush that the entire country has to share

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

half of china has never used a toothbrush.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
half of china should have used a condom

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

just like how china leaves their dead unburied and sitting out in the open, right

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

no, the toothbrush thing is real.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1943420.stm

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

When that article was written, a majority of Iraqis were very happy with the security situation in their country.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Craptacular! posted:

I went back and watched Wings's win against Liquid in ESL Frankfurt a few months ago. It's so hilarious to see every caster but Winter chuckling their way through the draft, joking about the nerfed Tusk and the rarely seen Veno and the Alch pick out of nowhere. And then 30 minutes later Aghs come out for everyone and Liquid is being Walrus Kicked around their own base simply for BM. :getin:

Which game was this bc I can't find it and it sounds hilarious

e: oh you meant Manila FINE I SEE

Vando fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 14, 2016

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ArchangeI posted:

When that article was written, a majority of Iraqis were very happy with the security situation in their country.

you think they got 500 million rural people to brush their teeth by now.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

you think they got 500 million rural people to brush their teeth by now.

China has changed a lot in the past 15 years so yea a whole fuckload of them probably brush their teeth now

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
e: nvm

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

ive buried the hatchet with china, i hope everyone else can do the same

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Radical posted:

Never

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
china . . . is good

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Radical posted:

you're a goonier orientalist than the traitor and coward "larry" david

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Now it's time for the most exciting part of the year, the post ti roster shuffle

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

you're a goonier orientalist than the traitor and coward "larry" david

LD is a cool guy and my friend

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Laughing my rear end off at the British trying to say poo poo about anyone else's dental health.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
China is good and their food is good. I tip them an extra dollar for the food and hope they didn't spit in it.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

sugar free jazz posted:

China has changed a lot in the past 15 years so yea a whole fuckload of them probably brush their teeth now

dont chinese people still poop in the streets

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Up Circle posted:

dont chinese people still poop in the streets

no thats india

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I found that by googling chinese people poop in street, what do you have to say now?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Radical posted:

LD is a cool guy and my friend

david is an rear end.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Up Circle posted:

I found that by googling chinese people poop in street, what do you have to say now?

please don't shitpost

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Bardeh posted:

Chinese people are allowed to earn money

I get that, I just wondered about how the government deals with some kid coming home and suddenly 2mil is transferred to his bank account. In the US, if that happened, I'm sure the police would find someway to seize it.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I get that, I just wondered about how the government deals with some kid coming home and suddenly 2mil is transferred to his bank account. In the US, if that happened, I'm sure the police would find someway to seize it.

O___________________________o

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Jerk McJerkface posted:

youre fuckin retarded lmao

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Up Circle posted:

O___________________________o

If you travel with more than a few grand on you in cash, and you get pulled over, you bet it's seized. It happens all the time. It's a crazy set of laws that pretty much your cash can be charged with a crime even if you aren't. The local police tend to buy their toys with it, so they are all over it. Getting it back is a huge hassle and typically costs people more than it's worth. Not that moo is going to atm 40k and go buy an engagement ring, but it's a huge problem that effects business owners that have all cash stores, and have to drive to/from banks with 5-10k in cash on them.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jerk McJerkface posted:

If you travel with more than a few grand on you in cash, and you get pulled over, you bet it's seized. It happens all the time. It's a crazy set of laws that pretty much your cash can be charged with a crime even if you aren't. The local police tend to buy their toys with it, so they are all over it. Getting it back is a huge hassle and typically costs people more than it's worth. Not that moo is going to atm 40k and go buy an engagement ring, but it's a huge problem that effects business owners that have all cash stores, and have to drive to/from banks with 5-10k in cash on them.
i think you're worldly with a strong grasp of the big picture

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Okay but Valve isn't just handing them several million in hard cash and then sending them on a plane back to China.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Jerk McJerkface posted:

best thread on the active forums

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

cams posted:

i think you're worldly with a strong grasp of the big picture

I watch John Oliver's show every week, so yeah, pretty much.

Internet Kraken posted:

Okay but Valve isn't just handing them several million in hard cash and then sending them on a plane back to China.

I don't think Wings will do this, but w33ha showed he'll blindly rush into his own demise, costing him hundreds of thousands of dollars already.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

china cares about people taking money out of the country, not taking it in

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I was going to play Dota today but as soon as I went to boot up the game I developed a splitting headache. Has my body developed a defense mechanism to keep me out of it?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Civil forefiture could happen if it was carried in big sacks of $100s, sure. Pretty sure that isn't what happens.

They pay taxes to the US government regardless of who wins. You pay taxes on income in the country (state, etc) you worked for it in. So, real sports players pay taxes in a whole bunch of states, and basketball/hockey/baseball players may have to file tax paperwork in Canada if they play a team up there. (This causes baseball posters to think the five teams in California are disadvantaged at getting free agents because their taxes are so high, though that never seems to stop the Red Sox.)

Like many of Jon Oliver's whiny rants, civil forfeiture affects mostly people too poor to hire an attorney. If police could take anything they want from anyone just by saying so and keep it, they'd be taking armored trucks on the way to banks.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Do you think they just plop a duffel bag full of Benjamin's in front of them after they lift the Aegis? Like nobody knows what a bank transfer is?

• Locked thread