Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I was planning on going to Morphicon this weekend, but life got in the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Dr Tran posted:

I'm here for you. I was outside the center at 6:30 to be lined up to pick up my badge.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Dr Tran posted:

Oh I forgot there's a MMPR con. Calling it, trailer in the next 72 hours then.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The movie people seem like they really have no presence there based on what I've heard on various podcasts.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think the biggest announcement will likely be the cast for Ninja Steel, and maybe a big trailer for the final stretch of Dino Charge.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Nah, the big thing is the Soul of Chogokin Megazord they have on display as the five individual zords.

If it's able to form the full Megazord without comprimising posability that'll be so incredible :swoon:

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Nah, the big thing is the Soul of Chogokin Megazord they have on display as the five individual zords.

If it's able to form the full Megazord without comprimising posability that'll be so incredible :swoon:

That and the Power Sword... dammit I swore I was done collecting but they're making it awful hard. If they do a dragonzord to go with the other zords I'm doomed.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I mean, you say "so incredible", but Transformers has been doing posable combiners for years at mass-retail

Megazord toys are poo poo, and I'm glad to see one that actually does the job.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorWhat posted:

I mean, you say "so incredible", but Transformers has been doing posable combiners for years at mass-retail

Megazord toys are poo poo, and I'm glad to see one that actually does the job.

Honestly they really haven't. Combiner Transformers have only recently, and I mean within the last few years, been poseable while combined.

Often they're as bricky as the Megazord toys. Mind they have more of an excuse due to also transforming, while most MegaZords don't, but hey

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

For all their faults, the Energon teams in 2004 had shoulders, elbows, hips, knees, thighs, waists, and biceps.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Those were only two though, from what I remember

Once you start adding more than two, things get...chunky

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The Energon teams were 5-man. Torso and limbs, limbs at the $8 pricepoint and torsos at $12 (2004 dollars).

Sentai robots sacrifice articulation sometimes for gimmicks or automorph, but not because making a combining robot, ESPECIALLY a modular one, with a basic suite of posability is a difficult feat.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

DoctorWhat posted:

The Energon teams were 5-man. Torso and limbs, limbs at the $8 pricepoint and torsos at $12 (2004 dollars).

Sentai robots sacrifice articulation sometimes for gimmicks or automorph, but not because making a combining robot, ESPECIALLY a modular one, with a basic suite of posability is a difficult feat.

Also for durability, that's probably another reason why most Sentai mecha toys are bricks, or at least for the deluxe stuff, the candy toys are another thing entirely

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
https://twitter.com/PowerRangersNOW/status/764537793993400320

Shouldn't White be shorter than Pink?

Ninja Steel Blue is played by Dino Charge Blue's brother.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dr Tran posted:

Looks like a neat cast. Trailer for the last stretch of Dino Charge and another for Ninja Steel were debuted, hope they go online soon

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Is it still Chip running the show, so Magi/Mystic connection might happen? And rest of the ninja cameos with that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgDCmtGC6PI

The Dino Charge cast revealed the Ninja Steel cast, it's completely worth it to hear when Yoshi finds out who the blue ranger will be :allears:

Chip's still in the show, so i'm expecting some dope stuff, including:

https://twitter.com/PowerRangersNOW/status/764571278254542848

I really hope they push the gameshow aspect as far as the budget allows, like if not a full team-up with Dino Charge then just have one of the bad guys go "with our alien tech we can find the oldest relatives the rangers have and beam them there, they'll be so busy taking care of them we'll destroy the earth" or something convoluted and then reveal that in-show Yoshi and Peter are family too and we get them do an action scene together.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 14, 2016

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I hope he replaces Jason David Frank as the biggest face in this franchise

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Wait, is the show worth watching anymore? The last season I remember people applauding was RPM, and that came after years of poo poo.

Every glance I've seen since they moved to Nick was that the "enjoyable storytelling" was cranked far down and the "moving merchandise" was cranked up. I tried, I guess it was Samurai, and it basically was CW Guys/Girls transform into Toys Near You. Like they went from a guilty pleasure show with butt rock music cues in the earliest seasons, to Baby's First Star Trek for a couple really good years, to just remaking the sentai shows with a few twists here and there that wasn't worth watching for, had that RPM moment and then finally settled on Soulless Toy Commercial.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Craptacular! posted:

Wait, is the show worth watching anymore? The last season I remember people applauding was RPM, and that came after years of poo poo.

Every glance I've seen since they moved to Nick was that the "enjoyable storytelling" was cranked far down and the "moving merchandise" was cranked up. I tried, I guess it was Samurai, and it basically was CW Guys/Girls transform into Toys Near You. Like they went from a guilty pleasure show with butt rock music cues in the earliest seasons, to Baby's First Star Trek for a couple really good years, to just remaking the sentai shows with a few twists here and there that wasn't worth watching for, had that RPM moment and then finally settled on Soulless Toy Commercial.

Samurai and Megaforce were terrible, but Dino Charge has been pretty decent, and Ninja Steel will almost definitely end up better than it's Sentai source material(Nininger has probably been the worst Sentai has been in at least a decade)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The upcoming Ninja Steel is also changing the concept of the show from defeating ancient ninja evil or whatever Ninninger was and making it an intergalactic reality tv show.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Awkward, considering how close that is to Jyuohger's Blood Game.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
To be fair, power rangers has had a lot of ancient ninja evil and only one intergalactic game show, and that was a clip show episode.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Samurai and Megaforce were terrible, but Dino Charge has been pretty decent, and Ninja Steel will almost definitely end up better than it's Sentai source material(Nininger has probably been the worst Sentai has been in at least a decade)

Yeah, Dino Charge seemed to be them finally hitting a groove with characters that were, uh, actual characters and realising that they don't have to rush through the sentai footage. (It also finally has a mostly new theme song!)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dino Charge also saw the return of Chip Lynn, famous for directing and headwriting Power Rangers from the good half of Turbo up 'till Time Force, doing some scripts for Jungle Fury, executive producing the second half of RPM and now he executive produces (and writes and directs some episodes) with the new power known as: Hindsight! Now that sentais end before he adapts them he can avoid being blindsighted by them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Dr Tran posted:

Look how happy everyone is. I don't even care if Ninja Steel is awful, it deserves to exist just for this moment.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Photo time from PMC:

and my haul:

The tiny bottle of Hand Sanitizer

Full set of the coins. I got the black coin with the glow in the dark teeth for being second in line at 6:30 in the morning on Friday.

Full set of pins

Finally got a Legacy Thunder Megazord

Finished off the Zyudenchi I needed (sort of. I still need 00,V&M)

A working Titanium Morpher.

A slightly beat up but working Go Brace

A working Chrono Changer

A Legacy White Tiger Zord to go with the Thunder Megazord

A boxed Shift Bracer

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I really liked PMC. It was my first time going. The Zyurangers were extremely sweet and it was nice to see them there. I really enjoyed their panels. Reiko Chiba was a lot of fun. One of my highlights was the Time Force panel. They had the entire team, including Ransik and Nadira. I got Nadira to do my voicemail message.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Aww. Chase and his ladyfriend are still together and now he doesn't have to lie about sick fish anymore. This is a good show.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Inkspot posted:

Aww. Chase and his ladyfriend are still together and now he doesn't have to lie about sick fish anymore. This is a good show.
My first thought when I read 'Chase' was Kamen Rider Drive. First I got confused, then I got sad.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Wow, Nick's scheduling is kind of awful. I'd watched up until episode 8 of Dino Super Charge and then fell out of it, so tonight I thought "Hey I'll go ahead and finish up Dino Super Charge since it's been like six month." And then I go looking for the episodes only to find out that they only just started showing it again a couple of weeks ago and I've only missed three episodes.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Twelve by Pies posted:

Wow, Nick's scheduling is kind of awful. I'd watched up until episode 8 of Dino Super Charge and then fell out of it, so tonight I thought "Hey I'll go ahead and finish up Dino Super Charge since it's been like six month." And then I go looking for the episodes only to find out that they only just started showing it again a couple of weeks ago and I've only missed three episodes.

Can't have kids away at summer camp dent those ratings

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Twelve by Pies posted:

Kid's shows seem to have really hosed up scheduling but it apparently works for the shows. The guy behind Gravity Falls insisted on an episode being shown at a reasonable timescale and it was like, the least watched episode. Must be sorcery.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

Nickelodeon has a policy of only allowing it's shows to premiere 20 half hours in a year, it's why we have such a lag between PR and Super Sentai these days

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

drrockso20 posted:

Nickelodeon has a policy of only allowing it's shows to premiere 20 half hours in a year, it's why we have such a lag between PR and Super Sentai these days

Except they keep closing the gap by skipping shows. No GoBusters or ToQger adaptations

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

jivjov posted:

No GoBusters

The more I think about this the gladder I am. Go Busters was a beautiful unique diamond and Nick would have destroyed it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

SKY COQ posted:

The more I think about this the gladder I am. Go Busters was a beautiful unique diamond and Nick would have destroyed it.

You're probably right

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

At least they couldn't have made Escape more irritating and devoid of charm.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

SKY COQ posted:

I like to imagine the alternate history where we got Power Rangers Agents and they kept the morpher voice.

Red Guy whose name is probably "Bryce" or some poo poo: "It's MORPHIN' TIME!"
Wristwatch: "IT'S MORPHING TIME! :haw:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

I like to imagine the alternate history where we got Power Rangers Agents and they kept the morpher voice.

Red Guy whose name is probably "Bryce" or some poo poo: "It's MORPHIN' TIME!"
Wristwatch: "IT'S MORPHING TIME! :haw:"

They'd probably say something different like: "ACTIVATE BIOMORPHER!"
Morpher: "IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!"