Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
I was recently rewatching this string of episodes, and Bulma MAAAAY realize who the Pilaf gang is?? It's hard to say. She's smart as gently caress, and maybe doesn't want to let on that she knows to them, just to avoid awkwardness. But it's definitely written ambiguously, in the sense that Bulma either doesn't care and is fine with them as long as they're not loving everything up (which she was afraid Pilaf was doing), or she doesn't know (which is equally likely imo).

Either way, wouldn't the ONLY people who'd know who they are at all just be like... Goku, Bulma, Yamcha, Oolong, and Puar? Was there anyone else with Goku during all the Pilaf episodes? Was there more besides that very first arc where they get captured and Pilaf summons the dragon but then Goku looks at the full moon and wrecks his poo poo?

Yamcha probably doesn't give a gently caress. Oolong and Puar are fine because they know their friends are strong as gently caress. And Bulma... Bulma is smart so whether she knows or not, I don't think it'll bite them in the rear end later?

Watch the show prove me wrong. Either way, whatever the truth is here, this is some dank dank character dynamics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Pilaf's Gang finds King Piccolo at the bottom of the sea or whatever in that rice cooker.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Piccolo would remember them, considering they revived his dad. Not that King Piccolo paid a whole lot of attention to them though.

If Bulma knows no way she would remotely care. I mean yeah Pilaf tried to kill them all but so did:

Marron's mom
Pan's grunkle
Mr. Satan's best friend
Her foodie cat friend
Tien sort of

Oh yeah, and literally her baby daddy

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I did like that Shu knew combat training rituals, which would make sense because he's technically a ninja.

Also, who would win in a fight, Hit or Saitama?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

New Leaf posted:

I did like that Shu knew combat training rituals, which would make sense because he's technically a ninja.

Saitama, duh.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lupus Rufus posted:

Either way, wouldn't the ONLY people who'd know who they are at all just be like... Goku, Bulma, Yamcha, Oolong, and Puar? Was there anyone else with Goku during all the Pilaf episodes? Was there more besides that very first arc where they get captured and Pilaf summons the dragon but then Goku looks at the full moon and wrecks his poo poo?

Someone clearly only watched the first season of Dragonball! The "poor Pilaf gang wandering around making ghetto robots on a budget" is actually how they are for the majority of the show. The pilaf gang would show up all the time throughout original Dragonball, and cause mischief searching for the dragonballs. They just sort of dissipated into the Lunch Zone for DBZ though :(

Dragonball Super is basically picking up a forgotten subplot that ran through all of original Dragonball. Which is awesome.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

New Leaf posted:

What sales are happening on the day they fight?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

sassassin posted:

It's not implied he's holding back power, it's implied he was punching Goku at times when he would normally stab someone in the neck or something. He's a killer, not a prize fighter.

This makes me want to see a Hit spin-off episode, where he could travel around the universe assassinating targets like Golgo 13.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Jedah posted:

This makes me want to see a Hit spin-off episode, where he could travel around the universe assassinating targets like Golgo 13.

It's hard to imagine Hit being challenged too often, but I am a bit interested in where he came from and why someone so powerful would just work for other people.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

BizarroAzrael posted:

why someone so powerful would just work for other people.

Well he can't just bum money off the Ox King and Mr. Satan. He's gotta have a job.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Piccolo would remember them, considering they revived his dad. Not that King Piccolo paid a whole lot of attention to them though.

If Bulma knows no way she would remotely care. I mean yeah Pilaf tried to kill them all but so did:

Marron's mom
Pan's grunkle
Mr. Satan's best friend
Her foodie cat friend
Tien sort of

Oh yeah, and literally her baby daddy

i feel like everyone is overestimating the amount of attention bulma actually payed to pilaf back in the day. All of her focus was on finding dragonballs/trying to lose her v-card.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hey anyone got a link to that dragonball tabletop thing someone in this thread was making

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
that never happened

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

sharktamer posted:

that never happened

did I imagine it

was I thinking of a different thread

am I dead right now

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I remember it too. It's been a while, though.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Got the link to it right here.

It's pretty much done as far as I can tell, I'm actually about to GM a game using it with three of my friends.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I understand that trunks wants to help his timeline and stuff but everyone he knew and loved it dead, why not just stick around in the past?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
The Mai in this universe is like 6 years old and Trunks is not a pedophile. He was exonerated in my popular Chris Hansen crossover fanfic.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Blockhouse posted:

hey anyone got a link to that dragonball tabletop thing someone in this thread was making

Xad posted:

Got the link to it right here.

It's pretty much done as far as I can tell, I'm actually about to GM a game using it with three of my friends.

It's not done-done yet, but it's playable. I was going to give it a bit of an overhaul now that I have the numbers down, but I took a break from it to work on other stuff.

I didn't realise there was still an interest in it, otherwise I woulda done more with it.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

BizarroAzrael posted:

It's hard to imagine Hit being challenged too often, but I am a bit interested in where he came from and why someone so powerful would just work for other people.

Agreed, any target he'd pursue would need to have the strength of Golden Freeza, minimum. Otherwise, there's just no immediate threat or danger to Hit. You could also send him to the most incredibly hostile environments of the galaxy. They'd be filled with black holes, poisonous gases, high-speed meteors, crushing levels of gravity, and maybe swarms of lifeforms which can survive the vacuum of space. Or does Hit have a version of Instantaneous Movement, where he can teleport long distances like Goku?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fuego Fish posted:

It's not done-done yet, but it's playable. I was going to give it a bit of an overhaul now that I have the numbers down, but I took a break from it to work on other stuff.

I didn't realise there was still an interest in it, otherwise I woulda done more with it.

you should totally do more with it

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Jedah posted:

Or does Hit have a version of Instantaneous Movement, where he can teleport long distances like Goku?

Doubtful since he wanted a god cube ship as his payment for participating.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

KoB posted:

I understand that trunks wants to help his timeline and stuff but everyone he knew and loved it dead, why not just stick around in the past?

Future Mai is still alive and even if she wasn't Future Trunks feels obligated to protect the increasingly small number of humans on Shitworld.

Like Master Roshi.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Future Mai is still alive and even if she wasn't Future Trunks feels obligated to protect the increasingly small number of humans on Shitworld.

Like Master Roshi.

Instead of training hard to fight Black in some kind of epic battle they should just collect the Super Dragonballs and wish for the Earth-S survivors (the S stands for poo poo) to be transported to the good past Earth. There can't be more than a few thousand left, after the Android genocides its not like they had time to repopulate.

Honestly, even using the Super Dragonballs might be overkill. Bulma should just invent a Time Machine truck or something to take the survivors back. There is no reason to leave them on Earth-S. Then Zeno can destroy the whole poo poo universe and return things to balance.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it's not a seperate universe though??

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Zeno will probably destroy universe 7 when he finds out there's two timelines in it and someone from the lovely timeline is hanging out in the other timeline, good thing Beerus gave Universe 6 an earth so the whole gang can just take over that earth and live life like normal.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Zeno will probably destroy universe 7 when he finds out there's two timelines in it and someone from the lovely timeline is hanging out in the other timeline, good thing Beerus gave Universe 6 an earth so the whole gang can just take over that earth and live life like normal.

Don't worry Gohan, this universe has a Videl too! We're not skipping a beat Gohan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evYxx8qjZFs

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

What about the timeline that the Cell everyone fought came from?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

pik_d posted:

What about the timeline that the Cell everyone fought came from?

The Zeno of that timeline protects it.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The Zeno of that timeline protects it.

lmao if you think Zeno doesn't exist outside the scope of alternate universes.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

does he tho

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Stairmaster posted:

does he tho

Someone else put it pretty well, he wouldn't be a very good "King of all" if he didn't.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Champa and Beerus appear to have the same KIng of All so yeah, he's pretty clearly outside of the usual timelines.

Beerus and Champa are too, there isn't a Beerus of Universe 6, it's just his brother.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

ImpAtom posted:

Champa and Beerus appear to have the same KIng of All so yeah, he's pretty clearly outside of the usual timelines.

Beerus and Champa are too, there isn't a Beerus of Universe 6, it's just his brother.

The discussion is alternate timelines, not different number universes. The different timelines have created multiple Universe 7s. Whether or not they have their own Kais/Supreme Kais/etc is the question.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Didn't Trunks mention the Kaioshin during that flashback of beating up Dabura?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, personally I like the theory that those guys are duplicated but not Zeno. I'm not sure about the Gods of Destruction and their attendants.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Kaioshin could have used one of his alternate time rings to help him. It could be the same guy, we don't know what he's up to all the time.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

If it was the same kaioshin he'd be smart enough to just bring goku back from the afterlife from one day to beat up dabura. That timelines goku would probably have reached SSJ2 by then.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I do wonder what Afterlife Goku is doing in the Trunks timeline now. I mean presumably he's chilling with his dead family on King Kai's planet. Making fun of Gohan for sucking so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I do wonder what Afterlife Goku is doing in the Trunks timeline now. I mean presumably he's chilling with his dead family on King Kai's planet. Making fun of Gohan for sucking so bad.

Uh, I don't think alternate Goku is in any position to brag.

• Locked thread