Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Exotic smashmouth :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Metapod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjWkO15-gcE

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Metapod posted:

Seriously, it's crazy the Chargers didn't invest in serious dline help if they are just going to gashed on the ground like that by a Mike Mularkey team. Could really use a big physical run stopper.

:iiam:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Its Miller Time posted:

Is there a source for good free data for fantasy football (or just the regular underlying data about yards/TDs/etc)? I'm thinking about trying to develop my own projections for the first time and other analyses. I"d be looking for weekly yards/TDs/other relevant stuff such as fumbles or interceptions for 5-10 years.

Drop $35 for Armchair Analysis. They update it every year for no extra cost and it's everything you could need in an Excel spreadsheet.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Zach Zenner and CMike getting hype NFL you really are back

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Tiptoes posted:

Stop me if you've heard this one before: Christine Michael is being criminally underdrafted right now.

this is absolutely huge if true

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Spoeank posted:

Zach Zenner and CMike getting hype NFL you really are back

Glad I cut Zenner already!

I also traded Brady and 2017 2nd round rookie pick for chris ivory. :shrug:

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Please rate my team:

Qb- Phillip rivers
RB- shady McCoy
RB- Frank gore
WR- Antonio brown
WR- Keenan Allen
FLEX: Mike Evans
TE: Zach ertz
D/ST:
K:

B- Darren sproles
B- cj spiller
B- Karlos Williams
B- Rishard Mathews
B- Chris Johnson
B- Pierre garçon
B- Christine Michael
B- spencer ware

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Those wrs :prepop:

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Wait, it's pronounced "Nuke"? I've been reading it as Nuck this whole time.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Ty1990 posted:

Please rate my team:

Qb- Phillip rivers
RB- shady McCoy
RB- Frank gore
WR- Antonio brown
WR- Keenan Allen
D/ST:
K:

B- Darren sproles
B- cj spiller
B- Karlos Williams
B- Rishard Mathews
B- Chris Johnson
B- Pierre garçon
B- Christine Michael
B- spencer ware

Is this a 10 man league?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Ty1990 posted:

Please rate my team:

Qb- Phillip rivers
RB- shady McCoy
RB- Frank gore
WR- Antonio brown
WR- Keenan Allen
D/ST:
K:

B- Darren sproles
B- cj spiller
B- Karlos Williams
B- Rishard Mathews
B- Chris Johnson
B- Pierre garçon
B- Christine Michael
B- spencer ware

I love it. Sproles and Spiller are the drops for a D and K, but do that can be done later.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Papes posted:

Is this a 10 man league?

Im stupid. Should've mentioned it's a 12 man keeper PPR league.

I kept Antonio Brown and Lacy but moved Lacy and stuff to acquire picks and ended up with what I got.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Somebody remind me how it doesn't matter if your WR1 and RB1 is on the same team.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Hi guys. Need some help on my beersheets. This fantasypros mock draft is using my league's rules and I've noticed in these mock's I'm getting free reign in WR's. I'm picking third overall and you can see my rules up at the top. This is my third pick (3.3). I've taken Odell and Dez with my first two. Here's my dilema that I may be over thinking. Who would you take?

To me, Allen Robinson is the clearcut pick here. This puts me with ODBJ, Dez, and then Allen Robison in the flex. However, playing devil's advocate, I see that Matt Forte is the last available RB in the tier and the scarcity in running backs after him goes down to 28% (WR's is 66%). Forte is also a reach going in the middle of the 4th round. Do I go with Forte and then get a next tier running back like Hill or Mathews? Or do I stack my team with 3 WR 1's and hope I get 2 of the next tier running backs. FantasyPros is actually suggesting Andrew Luck:

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Take Allen Robinson. I like forte this year but he's significantly more risky than a rob.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RisqueBarber posted:

Hi guys. Need some help on my beersheets. This fantasypros mock draft is using my league's rules and I've noticed in these mock's I'm getting free reign in WR's. I'm picking third overall and you can see my rules up at the top. This is my third pick (3.3). I've taken Odell and Dez with my first two. Here's my dilema that I may be over thinking. Who would you take?

To me, Allen Robinson is the clearcut pick here. This puts me with ODBJ, Dez, and then Allen Robison in the flex. However, playing devil's advocate, I see that Matt Forte is the last available RB in the tier and the scarcity in running backs after him goes down to 28% (WR's is 66%). Forte is also a reach going in the middle of the 4th round. Do I go with Forte and then get a next tier running back like Hill or Mathews? Or do I stack my team with 3 WR 1's and hope I get 2 of the next tier running backs. FantasyPros is actually suggesting Andrew Luck:

I'm starting to think that positional scarcity may not be the best indicator for drafting, as it inherently promotes a pure VBD approach that ignores the risks associated with the predictions themselves being wrong. That said I would avoid Forte; his rank is 4.6 and there's no formatting which means his ADP is between 3.6 and 5.6. Furthermore if you look at Forte's value it falls near the bottom of the Robinson-Evans tier. With that in mind I would likely go WR heavy and draft Robinson and possibly a fourth WR from that tier and then focus on getting RB value further down the line.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm starting to think that positional scarcity may not be the best indicator for drafting, as it inherently promotes a pure VBD approach that ignores the risks associated with the predictions themselves being wrong. That said I would avoid Forte; his rank is 4.6 and there's no formatting which means his ADP is between 3.6 and 5.6. Furthermore if you look at Forte's value it falls near the bottom of the Robinson-Evans tier. With that in mind I would likely go WR heavy and draft Robinson and possibly a fourth WR from that tier and then focus on getting RB value further down the line.

I ended up going with my gut and taking Robinson. My next four picks were Ryan Matthews, Matt Jones, Jeremy Langford and then John Brown. So I got three out of those six running backs in that tier.

I thought that the main goal of VBD was to minimize damage for predictions being wrong. By taking the best valued played and not reaching for a starting spot position(like TE or QB) it gives you a better option for when one of your RB/WR starters is disappointing.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I do not know if this has been asked/answered or not. Are your sheets set in stone no matter what the current pool of players is, or if you removed let's say the top 20 players drafted the calculations would skew the tiers and other numbers creating a completely different view of a draft at an individual point?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
ATTENTION SPOEANK: lol McDonald touchdown

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Blaine "Emperor Checkdown" Gabbert is about to break a lot of Torrey Smith owners' hearts.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I am quite impressed that Vance only managed to almost drop half his targets instead of outright drop half of them.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Benne posted:

Blaine "Emperor Checkdown" Gabbert is about to break a lot of Torrey Smith owners' hearts.

Yeah but come on, is Gabbert going to hold off Kaep once he's healthy? It's Blaine Gabbert.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah but come on, is Gabbert going to hold off Kaep once he's healthy? It's Blaine Gabbert.

Look at the coach.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

RVProfootballer posted:

I think Kap is broken beyond repair so ...

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

I think Kap is broken beyond repair so ...

Free Thad?

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

#5 after the big 3 WRs and D. Johnson are off the board in PPR?

AJ
Hopkins
Gurley
Lamar Miller
Elliott
Bell

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I'd go gurley but that's tough

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

AJ Green gonna get 400 targets

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Spoeank posted:

AJ Green gonna get 400 targets

In 7 games?

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Does anyone know a resource for a keeper/dynasty value calculator that would include more than just PPR as options? One of my leagues does IDP/.5 per carry/.5 pt per completion. Just seems like most of the trades I look at have lead me to probably have a stronger WR core and everything else is kind of ok at best.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Well, it has come to a close. I could have done better with my receivers, but we'll see how it goes. I'm 11th pick with Lamar Miller & Jamaal Charles.

We have one waiver wire pickup, which is where I'll grab my defense.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Hand Row posted:

In 7 games?

Is this a jab at Green's health, because he's played 76 of 80 games since entering the league.

For a guy who's basically an automatic 90/1300/10 every year, Green is weirdly underrated by fantasy people.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I would take aj green #4 overall and certainly before any rbs

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Papes posted:

I would take aj green #4 overall and certainly before any rbs

Only thing about Green is that 6 of those TD's happen in two games and it's a barren wasteland in between.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'd probably still take Nuk before AJ Green in PPR, but it's close.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Ugh, I'm already considering dropping Theo Riddick for Christine Michael to handcuff Rawls and I just finished that draft 4 hours ago.

Fantasy Football.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

89 posted:

Only thing about Green is that 6 of those TD's happen in two games and it's a barren wasteland in between.

Except he'd still get you ~6 catches and ~90-100 yards even when he's not scoring.

People cream their pants for Torrey Smith when the Bengals have a version of Torrey Smith (deep threat who can flip the scoreboard on any given pass) who can actually run a full route tree and haul in tight-window catches. The dismissive way fantasy people treat AJ is bizarre to me.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

VietCampo posted:

I'd probably still take Nuk before AJ Green in PPR, but it's close.

That's what I'm battling over right now. Dalton is a significantly better QB than anything the Texans have, Cinci's offensive line was #1 in pass blocking and 11th in run blocking while the Texans were #2 in run blocking but only 18th in pass blocking, and the weapons around both players are pretty much even or leaning towards Cinci. Both seem talented and athletic but I think the edge goes to Hopkins both because of his coach and his target totals.

Hopkins:

Green:

They both had some holy gently caress games and were both consistent TD scorers but Hopkins just seemed so much safer PPR wise each week. Got a minimum of ten targets in all but 3 games while Green only had above ten targets 4 times. That burns considering he put up a real stinker week 14 and that could have sunk a lot of people who picked him last year.

Either way it's a fresh season and it just feels like the Bengals' offense is poised to make a big leap if everyone stays healthy. Texans offense just seems so murky with Osweiler but the targets are too good to pass up. I'm picking 4th in my 14 person ppr league and I think I have to go Hopkins just for the safe bet on targets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Is every goon league full? I forgot to sign up for my brother's league and it's too late
Found a good one I think

blue squares fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 15, 2016

• Locked thread