Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
How often does Capcom do sales? Slash, should I wait for a sale on PS4 Resident Evil 4, or just grab it from Amazon at $16?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Bogart posted:

How often does Capcom do sales? Slash, should I wait for a sale on PS4 Resident Evil 4, or just grab it from Amazon at $16?

It's random but usually Every few months. I'd wait at least until the flash sale (which will probably be next weekend) before buying something

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RE4 is probably not going on sale for a while its one of those games that people will always be willing to pay for

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

RE4 is probably not going on sale for a while its one of those games that people will always be willing to pay for

Hasn't it already been on sale? I thought had.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
RE4 has been on sale a few times, i'm pretty sure. I know it's been in a few humble bundles and steam sales on PC, so to see it on sale on consoles isn't that far of a stretch.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah but it is just coming out for ps4 its gonna take time to hit a psn sale

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'm pretty sure the first time re6 went on sale on psn, it was exactly 16 dollars too. And it took maybe 2 months to get to that point. It hasn't gone lower yet.

So might as well buy from Amazon. It won't be cheaper until next year, probably.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Ineffiable posted:

Almost positive this is why the coupon expires by October. I mean at least give it until the end of the year.

They were probably too scared of people doing it by the millions for call of duty/Battlefield/whatever else comes out in November.

Yeah it also expires the week before DQ Builders and Tomb Raider come out too, so there's a lack of big name titles that I could find interest in before it shits out. Hopefully Necropolis will get a PS4 release in September and I'll just use it on the game on release day.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I just realized I never got Dark Souls 3. Dark Souls 3 + Season pass would be $68 after the discount, but that game is old enough that I'm sure it'll be discounted soon anyway :/

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I just realized I never got Dark Souls 3. Dark Souls 3 + Season pass would be $68 after the discount, but that game is old enough that I'm sure it'll be discounted soon anyway :/

Dark souls 3 will probably be in a sale in September. Most likely just the basic edition. See if it doesn't come out in a sale while you have the coupon and you can get the season pass on top.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Squenix just delivered a press release confirming ffxv's delay to November 29th.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nov 29th 2020

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/742528644518715392

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

It might even be good by then

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ineffiable posted:

Dark souls 3 will probably be in a sale in September. Most likely just the basic edition. See if it doesn't come out in a sale while you have the coupon and you can get the season pass on top.

Cool I'll wait to see then, not like there's anything else I was planning on buying in September anymore :v:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sir Unimaginative posted:

It might even be good by then

"A delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is forever bad, but Final Fantasy Versus XIII is forever a clusterfuck."
--Shigeru Miyamoto

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

quote:

TOKYO / LONDON / LOS ANGELES (Aug. 15, 2016) – To deliver the iconic FINAL FANTASY experience to audiences around the world, SQUARE ENIX® today announced that the global release date for FINAL FANTASY® XV will be November 29, 2016.

This release date will allow the development teams time to further polish and conduct quality testing so that the reality of the game can match the expectations of both the fans and the creative teams.

“From the moment we joined this project, our vision was to create a level of freedom and realism previously unseen in the series. Regrettably, we need a little bit more time to deliver on this vision and are confident that this new release date will help us achieve this,” said Hajime Tabata the game director. “As the director and lead of this project, I wish to personally apologize for the additional wait. As a team, we want FINAL FANTASY XV to achieve a level of perfection that our fans deserve. We kindly ask for your understanding.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wepgwx_9kto

quote:

Summary of the Tabata statement from the video:

- FFXV went gold the other day, and that was planned to be the version they ship on Sept 30.
- That version of the game will be playable at Gamescom, and they are cutting a 30 minute gameplay video to be released on Aug 16 showcasing the performance of that version.
- They planned a massive Day One Patch for the game which would further polish the game and fix lingering issues.
- But they have decided that instead of pressing the current gold master and delivering a day one patch, they will instead wait and use that completed version as the final gold master.
- Hence the game will be delayed to Nov 29, but they will be adding even more stuff on top of the planned fixes of the day one patch.

tl;dr - The game is delayed because they believe not everyone has internet connectivity and they don't want them to be left out of the perfect FFXV experience when the game ships to stores.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Man, I was looking forward to taking a three day weekend to just play the hell out of the game since it had a weird Friday release but now it comes out on a Tuesday like normal :(

Meatwolfe
Oct 31, 2011
They gonna add the season pass on the disc too, since not everyone has internet and we wouldn't want to deprive them of the full final fantasy experience?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PS4 firmware 4.00 should be coming soon, bringing FOLDERS!

Also, not related to the 4.00 firmware, today-ish Australia-New Zealand should be getting 2FA, and the other regions should be getting it next week. Only SMS authentication right now but better than the nothing of before. PS3 and I guess PSP (and maybe Vita?) won't directly support 2FA and use a randomized device code instead.

Ninefingers posted:

They gonna add the season pass on the disc too, since not everyone has internet and we wouldn't want to deprive them of the full final fantasy experience?

Nah dawg, that's the fuller FFXV experience, not the full FFX experience. Fuller costs extra.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

IcePhoenix posted:

Man, I was looking forward to taking a three day weekend to just play the hell out of the game since it had a weird Friday release but now it comes out on a Tuesday like normal :(

now you can take a four day weekend

or a five day weekend

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rabidsquid posted:

now you can take a four day weekend

or a five day weekend

Yeah but I would only get to play the game on the last day which is silly.

Also it would be a six or seven day weekend because that's the Tuesday after thanksgiving so I won't have work the previous Thursday/Friday.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

a six or seven day weekend sounds like a good idea to me icephoenix and you have my permission to take one

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just took a four day weekend to watch TI6 and it was pretty great, I feel like that confirms that a six or seven day weekend would be even better.

But I'd still only get one or two days of that to play XV :(

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Everyone in this thread should just book November 29-December 2 off from work right now. Don't be a coward and go to work those days!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Wendell posted:

Everyone in this thread should just book November 29-December 2 off from work right now. Don't be a coward and go to work those days!

I took days off for FF13's launch. And while I didn't/don't hate that game, it is still a black mark on my record.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Agrias120 posted:

I took days off for FF13's launch. And while I didn't/don't hate that game, it is still a black mark on my record.

I took a week off for Diablo 3 :negative:

vvv :golfclap: vvv

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 15, 2016

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I took a week off for Diablo 3 :negative:

So did everyone at Blizzard.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

While I like the premise of XV (guy road trip), the engine that they're using seems pretty unoptimized and choppy. I feel like DigitalFoundry is going to tear the game's performance apart. Also, the battle system is still looking unsatisfying, like you're just flailing around while holding down the attack button. A lot of the time in the gameplay videos, the camera is awkwardly moving around and the characters just look confused while they're fighting.

I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Agrias120 posted:

Same.

I took off two weeks. Granted, it was the first and only time I'll ever take that much time off again, but still.

Least I won an FFXIII faceplate for my now-gone 360 at the launch event I went to.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

JazzFlight posted:

While I like the premise of XV (guy road trip), the engine that they're using seems pretty unoptimized and choppy. I feel like DigitalFoundry is going to tear the game's performance apart. Also, the battle system is still looking unsatisfying, like you're just flailing around while holding down the attack button. A lot of the time in the gameplay videos, the camera is awkwardly moving around and the characters just look confused while they're fighting.

I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

Now now, Square Enix is a company that has its poo poo together, I mean look at their newsletter from a few hours ago--

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

univbee posted:

PS4 firmware 4.00 should be coming soon, bringing FOLDERS!
you better not be loving lying to me here univbee!

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Awesome! posted:

No lie. =)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/15/ps4-system-software-4-00-will-feature-folders-ui-refresh-more/

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Awesome! posted:

"soon" could still be weeks away, mind you.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/15/ps4-system-software-4-00-will-feature-folders-ui-refresh-more/

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Also stuff like being able to use screenshots as background images.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

woah so good! thank you sony please release soon

(also that quick menu snap lol)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's cool that the folders functionality works exactly like I thought it would (exactly like the TV & Video folder). I wonder how they'll handle the overall screen.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Wendell posted:

I would, but I'm booking a week off for Persona 5 cause that will actually be good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the option to just look at what a hidden trophy is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Should I be wary of super deals on PS+ subs? Are 12-month PS+ sub codes region-locked?

• Locked thread