Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im cute
Sep 21, 2009

England hates poors even more than we do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

because females are superior. eventually they wont even need men to provide their sperms and when that happens, men are.... boned

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like a lot of people who claim to be advocating for feminism these days seem to be of the opinion that women actually CAN'T work alongside men or in a male-run workplace. It seems to be taken to an absolutely patronizing extreme now, where everyone has to walk on eggshells to avoid saying anything remotely upsetting, where women undergo "emotional labor" and there's more terminologies and phrases and poo poo to somehow blame any hardship a woman encounters professionally on some external force, robbing her of all actual agency since she's essentially shackled to a shadowy patriarchy that is responsible for all her failures (and ultimately overshadows any of her successes). I fail to see how anything I've read on Tumblr would be a valuable role model for any of the dozens of actually talented women whom I know.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
in a world of global capitalism the only true measure of power is a group's ability to direct the flow of capital and everything else is ultimately a secondary distraction

honk honk

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Moridin920 posted:

in a world of global capitalism the only true measure of power is a group's ability to direct the flow of capital and everything else is ultimately a secondary distraction

honk honk

:agreed:

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
i'm a frienemest

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I am patriarchy AMA.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

DrPlump posted:

Umm we gave black men the right to vote before women and also let them be president first.

We're getting better though. The turnaround for voting was around fifty years whereas the turnaround for president is only gonna be eight.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

A Stupid Baby posted:

i'm a frienemest

im a fremenisnt

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Men and women are more like each other than they like to admit. Both are very stupid and horrible.

Also sexual reproduction exists so evolution can occur more easily and you get better genes. A species of clones will be myopic and likely doomed to extinction. A single disease could wipe them all out in one shot. You need genetic diversity. The racial purity of Adolf Hitler and similar ilk is a fool's errand. You want purity, check out hosed up European royalty or messed up dog breeds like pugs. Go forth and make some mixed babies.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Moridin920 posted:

honk honk

It's almost like most women value life-work balance, including taking more flexible schedules and less dangerous jobs than men, resulting less income as measured by dollars.

Balanced, of course, by women controlling the vast majority of discretionary spending in households. As is true of many societies where men take all the risk to gather resources.

473% PAY GAP AMIRITE!!?!? Women literally have to pay men just to be able to work, I saw an example on Jezebel where this was true in some tiny third-world nation so obviously it's true of all women worldwide since women are one single homogenous collective who are all connected be radios in their vajoobers family guy reference honk.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

revdrkevind posted:

It's almost like most women value life-work balance, including taking more flexible schedules and less dangerous jobs than men, resulting less income as measured by dollars.

Balanced, of course, by women controlling the vast majority of discretionary spending in households. As is true of many societies where men take all the risk to gather resources.

473% PAY GAP AMIRITE!!?!? Women literally have to pay men just to be able to work, I saw an example on Jezebel where this was true in some tiny third-world nation so obviously it's true of all women worldwide since women are one single homogenous collective who are all connected be radios in their vajoobers family guy reference honk.

you are a brutally bad poster

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

You've been super negative lately.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a brutally bad poster

don't sign your posts

revdrkevind posted:

Woah mansplaining up here

Sorry, didn't mean to manterrupt

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SnowblindFatal posted:

Serious question!

no functional adult actually cares about this or sees this as an issue

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Applewhite posted:

You've been super negative lately.

yeah

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

no functional adult actually cares about this or sees this as an issue

Agreed, all Internet Feminists are non-functioning adults.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rutibex posted:

in england property owning women got the vote before the vast majority of men :britain:

Make sense, perhaps the men can spend their money on land instead of playstations and spinning rims if they wish to participate in the electorate.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Sorry I just came from talking to a feminist who had to let me know that she read an article on HuffPo about how terrible it was that some newspapers that had pictures of Bill Clinton on the day Hillary got the nomination.

I mean Jesus Christ, it is the year before 2017.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/07/27/bill-clinton-newspapers-hillary-clinton_n_11225280.html

So in the real world, Bill Clinton was the biggest speaker to take the DNC stage by the time early deadline papers went to print, and papers that had a late edition included pictures of Hillary from the DNC once they were available.

But why didn't the papers just ignore the DNC going on and just use older stock photos of Hillary Clinton since she's all that matters in American politics?

Because you're still asking that question.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

SnowblindFatal posted:

Serious question!

Feminism is by definition the belief that women and men should be treated equally so the term "equalism" is pointless bullshit semantics used by huge pussies afraid of assholes not liking them.

Hope that helps.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

readingatwork posted:

Feminism is by definition the belief that women and men should be treated equally so the term "equalism" is pointless bullshit semantics used by huge pussies afraid of assholes not liking them.

Hope that helps.

That said, can you explain how modern feminism at all attempts to create equality between the sexes? What great inequality actually remains to be solved? Even abortion is protected under rule of law now, even if many culturally oppose it.

EDIT: To clarify, how does modern (third wave) feminism seek to elevate women, rather than pull down men? How does talk of privilege accomplish this?

8-Bit Scholar fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Aug 15, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

That said, can you explain how modern feminism at all attempts to create equality between the sexes? What great inequality actually remains to be solved? Even abortion is protected under rule of law now, even if many culturally oppose it.

A lot of modern day feminism is trying to adjust attitudes with regards to gender inequality. It's convincing men that it's not okay to have sex with a drunk passed out woman at a party, or that transwomen are in fact still people and have a right to use the public bathroom of their choice.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

A lot of modern day feminism is trying to adjust attitudes with regards to gender inequality. It's convincing men that it's not okay to have sex with a drunk passed out woman at a party, or that transwomen are in fact still people and have a right to use the public bathroom of their choice.

one of those things isn't like the other actually

What about women who object to transwomen in their safe space? Are they really misogynists?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

one of those things isn't like the other actually

What about women who object to transwomen in their safe space? Are they really misogynists?

No, but they are ignorant to what transgenderism is and are probably victims to news media hysteria that is creating a boogeyman that doesn't really exist.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
I just learned that all MRAs are pathetic.

Thank you, thread.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

No, but they are ignorant to what transgenderism is and are probably victims to news media hysteria that is creating a boogeyman that doesn't really exist.

But if a woman is uncomfortable with a man wearing a dress or make up being in her bathroom, isn't that a completely normal response? At what point did one have a right to be the gender they want? I've seen a few openly trans people and they are essentially indistiguishable from men, save that they wear feminine clothing. I can't fathom how anyone would expect the majority of women to be okay with sharing a restroom with a person who does not resemble a woman outside of a few superficial details.

EDIT: And besides maybe on Fox News, has the media been anything but overly pro-trans people lately? Caitlyn Jenner gets magazine spreads, the Target bathrooms thing got a ton of coverage and they didn't even bring up any of the "other side" issues like the rate of post-op suicides or anything like that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

But if a woman is uncomfortable with a man wearing a dress or make up being in her bathroom, isn't that a completely normal response? At what point did one have a right to be the gender they want? I've seen a few openly trans people and they are essentially indistiguishable from men, save that they wear feminine clothing. I can't fathom how anyone would expect the majority of women to be okay with sharing a restroom with a person who does not resemble a woman outside of a few superficial details.

EDIT: And besides maybe on Fox News, has the media been anything but overly pro-trans people lately? Caitlyn Jenner gets magazine spreads, the Target bathrooms thing got a ton of coverage and they didn't even bring up any of the "other side" issues like the rate of post-op suicides or anything like that.

See, one is entering a bathroom in good faith and just wants to poop and then get out of there. The other is a man exploiting a sensitive subject and wants to creep on women. All of the cases involving this so far that the media has reported on, have been men that identify as men, they dress like normal men do, and they went into a bathroom to sexually assault women and used transfenderism as a copout.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

See, one is entering a bathroom in good faith and just wants to poop and then get out of there. The other is a man exploiting a sensitive subject and wants to creep on women. All of the cases involving this so far that the media has reported on, have been men that identify as men, they dress like normal men do, and they went into a bathroom to sexually assault women and used transfenderism as a copout.

Yes, but what's to prevent that from continuing to happen? Again, what IS to stop a guy from dressing up in women's clothing and creeping under that excuse? That's not a hysterical concern, is it?

Why wasn't this an issue before? Were trans people just not using the bathrooms they want for all these years, or had they managed to poo poo in secret up until now? Why should we tear down a perfectly reasonable social barrier simply to cater to an incredibly small minority of people, benefitting them superficially at the detriment to literally everyone else?

Why is it fair to hold federal education funding hostage until gender neutral bathrooms are created? For that matter, is it REALLY healthy to stick a prepubescent boy full of hormones, have them surgically altered so they can enter puberty "as a girl"? Is that...does that sound even remotely disturbing to you?

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

So it's like when someone calls someone sexists incorrectly but in reverse?

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Wish those nagging bitches would just put a sock in it and take some pipe.

e: Oh we're talking about trans now. Anyway egalitarianism is bullshit too and this culture is sick and decaying. If people would address problems with common sense we could easily solve them but noooo.

a dog from hell fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 15, 2016

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Hmm yes, let's drive down the cost of employment so that an average household requires two full-time jobs, send women to war and pit the sexes against one another across all spectrums. We can just convince women that this is somehow benefiting them (because woman are dumb you see) and call it a day.

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

because females are superior. eventually they wont even need men to provide their sperms and when that happens, men are.... boned

What happens when everybody starts clawing each others eyes out because women are awful to each other?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It is pretty frustrating that women entering the workforce seems to have cut pay in half. If someone can explain it in a clear way, I'd appreciate it, it's baffling.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I think the core of these issues is that terms such as "feminism" have pretty much lost their meaning because people will identify themselves as feminists and say whatever the gently caress

That, plus feminists have kind of a bad reputation that they sorta bring upon themselves. I guess a lot of people don't really understand how saying they love to drink male tears, all sex is rape and getting violently angry and offended at everything might be off-putting to outsiders

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I'm a feminist and I favor a comprehensive eugenics program geared toward making women as physically strong and intelligent as men.

(The latter would be a step backwards but feminists want "equality to men" so...)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gammatron 64 posted:

That, plus feminists have kind of a bad reputation that they sorta bring upon themselves. I guess a lot of people don't really understand how saying they love to drink male tears, all sex is rape and getting violently angry and offended at everything might be off-putting to outsiders

well, again, if all you pay attention to is dumb internet poo poo then sure

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

well, again, if all you pay attention to is dumb internet poo poo then sure

Unfortunately dumb internet poo poo is having an increasingly large influence on serious real world poo poo. See also: safe spaces on college campuses, the mass shooting meme, and Donald Trump.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Applewhite posted:

I'm a feminist and I favor a comprehensive eugenics program geared toward making women as physically strong and intelligent as men.

(The latter would be a step backwards but feminists want "equality to men" so...)

We can use CRISPR to engineer genetically perfect humans without any gender or race.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

DrPlump posted:

We can use CRISPR to engineer genetically perfect humans without any gender or race.

*Everyone ends up looking white and male*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Yes, but what's to prevent that from continuing to happen? Again, what IS to stop a guy from dressing up in women's clothing and creeping under that excuse? That's not a hysterical concern, is it?

lol gently caress yeah it is

who cares about bathroom you weirdos it's already illegal to be a weirdo sexual predator creep in a bathroom why does there need to be special protection for icked out manly men? as if anyone is trying to scope your tiny dil anyway

quote:

For that matter, is it REALLY healthy to stick a prepubescent boy full of hormones, have them surgically altered so they can enter puberty "as a girl"? Is that...does that sound even remotely disturbing to you?

that's prolly a bad idea though

honk honk

• Locked thread