Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

PSWII60 posted:

And a jumping spider pokemon.

EDIT:
Sea Spider - bug/water with uhhh??
Trapdoor Spider - bug/ground with sand veil and infiltrator poss stakeout
Ogre-faced Spider - bug/dark with intimidate
Bola Spider - bug/??? with compound eyes or sniper

Jumping spider - pure bug with ???

Maybe a Portia as a bug/psychic with tinted lens and technician.

A Portia Pokemon would be incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

greatn posted:

I want an Ace Attorney game set in the Pokemon universe.

"In the Pokemon Justice System the people are represented by two separate, yet equally important groups. The detective Pikachu who investigate crime and the Wobbuffet who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories."
:doink:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The room was sealed. Explain to the court how trainer Blue could have escaped, if he was truly at the murder scene.

TAKE THAT! Trainer Blue has an Abra! He could have used teleport to escape to the nearest Pokemon center!

Tsk tsk tsk... Wrong again Wright.

Guh?

According to league registration papers, Blue's Abra does not know teleport.

B-but Abra learns teleport at level 1!

Ah yes, but to get to Lavender town Blue has to go through Rock Tunnel, so he taught Abra HM05 Flash, and had Abra forget how to teleport.

He could have gone another route!

All other routes are blocked by a sleeping Snorlax or a thirsty guard. All you have proved is that this esteemed witness could not possibly know teleport when he was in the same town where the murder took place. You're grasping at straws and obfuscating to hide your own client's guilt! Unless you can prove he got to Lavender town by some other route, this line of inquiry must end.

(He got to Lavender town)
(He didn't)

He got to Lavender Town and I'll show you how!

Judge: This had better not be a waste of this courts time Wright. Point out on this map how Blue got to Lavender Town.

(Wright points at the map, court gasps)

R-Rock Tunnel? We already know he went through there by teaching Abra flash! What is the meaning of this?

(Present evidence, presents Mr Mime)

TAKE THAT! Blue has a Mr. Mime! Which also has been taught Flash! Nobody would teach Flash to two different Pokemon in his party! He used Mr Mime to go through Rock Tunnel, where he committed the murder in the sealed chamber in Lavender Town. After teleporting to safety, Blue used HM05 again to make Abra forget teleport, erasing the evidence!

(Court murmurs)

Order! I will have order in this court! Blue, Mr Wright has an interesting point. Why would you teach Flash to two different Pokemon? It's a garbage move. I want to hear testimony on this matter.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Geostomp posted:

No Blaziken?

Blaziken is a pile of butts :butt:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

greatn posted:

Seems like the same show to me.

apparently generic rock music really enhanced that scene

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

greatn posted:

Order! I will have order in this court! Blue, Mr Wright has an interesting point. Why would you teach Flash to two different Pokemon? It's a garbage move. I want to hear testimony on this matter.

he got it in a trade

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

QuasiQuack posted:

Blaziken is a pile of butts :butt:

you have made a very powerful enemy this day, quasiquack

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

a top boy

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

oddium posted:

he got it in a trade

But your honor, that still doesn't discount my theory. He could have passed through Rock Tunnel while Abra knew teleport.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Kerrrrrrr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS-u1rVFoYU

i knew there were good reasons i prefered watching this show in japanese over english

Use Cut!

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Loving the fanarts so far

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/EpicSpaceMoogle/status/765025963679768580?s=09

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

lezard_valeth posted:

Loving the fanarts so far

Alakazam is great but Nidoking just looks like they coloured him red and called it a day.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Golden Goat posted:

Alakazam is great but Nidoking just looks like they coloured him red and called it a day.

He looks spikier...so maybe it's good for a Mega Evo design? :downs:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Kurieg posted:

Use Cut!

Cut is loving OP in the anime. Basically negates any grass type move, which makes sense. It's weird the games never gave cut a typing that grass was weak against.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

greatn posted:

Cut is loving OP in the anime. Basically negates any grass type move, which makes sense. It's weird the games never gave cut a typing that grass was weak against.

Well the thing is Cut is very ambiguous.

Bulbasaur uses his Razor Leaf, so Grass?
Scyther uses his blades and Pinsir his horns, so Bug?
Diglett and Dugtrio use their ????, so ??? Type?

Then you have a whole lot of Pokes that use their claws/teeth like Charmander family, Meowth, Nidorans, Ratatta, Krabby, so by majority of usage the move was made Normal.

I guess that was the logic process taking into account that Gen I didn't have much logic

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

lezard_valeth posted:

He looks spikier...so maybe it's good for a Mega Evo design? :downs:

It worked for mega manectric.

Cut would make sense as a steel move.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
make it a normal type with an advantage against grass types.

also I hate ash-greninja so much. Pikachu is your bro, where's his special mode?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

would pokemon be better with more freeze dry/flying press moves

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

also I hate ash-greninja so much. Pikachu is your bro, where's his special mode?

It's Alola Raichu

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oddium posted:

doesn't this happen in dp. i haven't played those in a while but i remember something like this

yeah they do this instead of a snorlax

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

And yet it's fundamentally worse than the regular version even though it's way cooler

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is there anyway to get a phione?? it's not in the 20th anniversary event at all? what even is this thing like a baby manaphy. why didnt they give us it instead of manaphy

the GTS is kinda worthless for filling out your dex huh. literally every poke thats up there just wants a legendary. like i even looked for a lovely spearow and everything is like WANTS: ZAPDOS and the little face is shouting SHINY PLES. I dunno what's worth blowing my legendaries for other than zekrom and yveltal

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Breed Manaphy.

Literally its baby.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

is there anyway to get a phione?? it's not in the 20th anniversary event at all? what even is this thing like a baby manaphy. why didnt they give us it instead of manaphy

the GTS is kinda worthless for filling out your dex huh. literally every poke thats up there just wants a legendary. like i even looked for a lovely spearow and everything is like WANTS: ZAPDOS and the little face is shouting SHINY PLES. I dunno what's worth blowing my legendaries for other than zekrom and yveltal

I found leaving up a starter and asking for whatever I wanted always worked. It's better then searching for what I want.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

You get Phione by breeding Manaphy with a Ditto IIRC. And the GTS is only good if you put something up for a fair trade yourself, yeah. Fair trades that you put up yourself will probably get snapped up very quickly.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Super No Vacancy posted:

You breed Manaphy to get Phione

If you want something on GTS don't seek, deposit.

Ditto is very popular, vespiqueen, feebas. People will give you a lot of stuff for those.

Edit: starters too sure, especially popular ones.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

so far for my ocean pattern vivillons i've gotten: xerneas / dialga x 2 (i traded the first for a rare pattern) / zekrom / jirachi (pretends to be the 2014 tanabata event jirachi but pentagon + not shiny + no ribbon)

oh kyogre too

oddium fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 15, 2016

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

People also seem to like fossil Pokemon because I used a bunch of Archens to get stuff on the GTS

Basically, anything decently rare and/or popular will get you what you need

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm sick of the frog too, but the marketers know people can't get enough of it and its BURNING SPIRIT powers, so they'll keep it on as long as possible. It will have to get Oak'd or go to a ninja village soon enough.

I also support the idea of giving HM moves more effects so they aren't such garbage. I know that the real reason they gave it to Greninja is so it could have knives because ninja and all, like the rest of its moves, but making it half-decent in the games would be appreciated.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 15, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Crawfish posted:

Breed Manaphy.

Literally its baby.

huh weird the pokedex tracker thing just had Distribution Event or Transfer in the little sidebar thing, I think. I've never bred anything i dont think lol

FishBulb posted:

You breed Manaphy to get Phione

If you want something on GTS don't seek, deposit.

Ditto is very popular, vespiqueen, feebas. People will give you a lot of stuff for those.

Edit: starters too sure, especially popular ones.

ok cool i'm glad i spent half a day finding a feebas spot

oddium posted:

so far for my ocean pattern vivillons i've gotten: xerneas / dialga x 2 (i traded the first for a rare pattern) / zekrom / jirachi (pretends to be the 2014 tanabata event jirachi but pentagon + not shiny + no ribbon)

oh kyogre too

whats my vivillon probably like boring continental? are the ones in friend safaris based on your location or your friends. thatd be neat if the latter

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Just wait until the anime gets to Alola and Z-moves

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

whats my vivillon probably like boring continental? are the ones in friend safaris based on your location or your friends. thatd be neat if the latter

any purmel/puponcho/vivillon's pattern that is generated in your save from anywhere is based on your 3ds location when you create the save, so you can set the 3ds to hawaii, start a new save, set it back if you care, and that save will generate solid gold gts fodder forever. traded ones still have the region they came from

oddium fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 15, 2016

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

oddium posted:

doesn't this happen in dp. i haven't played those in a while but i remember something like this

Yes

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oddium posted:

would pokemon be better with more freeze dry/flying press moves

yeah, altho is freeze dry even run by anyone

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
what i mean is, do these moves currently add any strategic depth to the competitive game or are they just novelties

i don't mind either way i'm just curious

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i saw it on a cryogonal in vgc 2014 and on a lapras in 2016 for kyogres i think

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Is anyone tolerable doing an LP of that Uranium fangame? I don't want to play it myself but I would like to witness the extent of the... well, you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

mandatory lesbian posted:

yeah, altho is freeze dry even run by anyone

It's standard on Mamoswine and Mega Glalie

• Locked thread