Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Raserys posted:

I refuse to accept Rohan as anything but a natural stand user

You're not alone there!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Didn't want to post this in the anime thread:

Everyone kept posting about how good the next arc of DiU is so I broke down and read the manga.

yo...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Swccoo-yKY

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

We're so close to a beautiful duwang

I might cry

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
you know there's not going to be any duwang right

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't give a poo poo what the subs say, when my boy Kira Yoshikage eats that sammy on the field *chew*, that's a beautiful duwang.

that's what a beautiful duwang is
that is the act of beautiful duwanging

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i can't loving WAIT

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Kira eating a sandwich and feeling like a picnic, that's the true example or Morioh's Golden Spirit

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
chew-mi-min

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

my boy, my friend, my buddy kira is going to smash that sammy and kill a fatty in just a single fortnight good lad kira

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
it's finger lickin' good

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i want kira to make me a sarnie and then kill me

it's only JOJOLION on the same day too
what a day

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 15, 2016

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I prefer sailor Kira to sammie Kira but I'm still very pumped

Less pumped to actually see Shigechi go boom, though. :(

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
My anime-only friend got spoiled on the climactic scene of kira wants a quiet life by 4chan. I need better jojo friends.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i want kira to make me a sarnie and then kill me

it's only JOJOLION on the same day too
what a day

What's a sarnie

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I re-read kira wants a quiet life and ended up re-reading all of DiU from that point on.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
it's going to kick rear end when they animate josuke punching that motorcycle over that baby

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

FirstAidKite posted:

What's a sarnie

you've never had a sarnie? youre missing out

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Llab posted:

My anime-only friend got spoiled on the climactic scene of kira wants a quiet life by 4chan. I need better jojo friends.
friends dont let friends go to 4chan

no they will not posted:

it's going to kick rear end when they animate josuke punching that motorcycle over that baby
iirc, anything they animate of part 4 at this point is going to kick rear end.

like it feels cheap to give it to an adaption, but after Bites the Dust is animated, how can part 4 not be AOTY

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Moltrey posted:

iirc, anything they animate of part 4 at this point is going to kick rear end.

like it feels cheap to give it to an adaption, but after Bites the Dust is animated, how can part 4 not be AOTY

i was kind of disappointed with how they animated the end of cinderella... reading the manga i sort of pictured this room filled with eyes all swirling around like one of those money capsules in game shows and then in the anime it was just a few eyes floating in space and they weren't even filling the room

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

What's a sarnie

a sarnie is a sandwich obvs, no one here actually calls them sammies or so

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

no they will not posted:

i was kind of disappointed with how they animated the end of cinderella... reading the manga i sort of pictured this room filled with eyes all swirling around like one of those money capsules in game shows and then in the anime it was just a few eyes floating in space and they weren't even filling the room
that's fair! Cinderella was a very rushed episode, content wise and I imagine production wise. Especially when they got Quiet Life and Sheer Heart Attack three parter coming right behind it, priories I guess. Cinderella is also like the last thing in Part 4 I'm not looking forward too so I'm hopeful!

There maybe some quality dips with fights like Superfly or Enigma Boy, but I'm really just hoping we don't get a repeat of DIO's World with DIO looking like Koichi and a layer being turned on and off to represent blood spray

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 15, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They better not skimp on Enigma, even in the manga that fight is visually awesome.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I just wanna see the part where Josuke opens up a blank piece of paper to find a gun pointing right at him and shooting him in the face

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I realllly wanted to see Cinderella do the face and body swapping in motion :(

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

no they will not posted:

Knowing David it will just be a pan over a still frame that recreates a panel from the manga.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

CJ posted:

Knowing David it will just be a pan over a still frame that recreates a panel from the manga.

Said like that wouldn't be epic anyway

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yeah, I'd still enjoy that, but I think if someone asked me to give one area they could improve on a bit, it'd be action scenes. But they still did pretty drat well with SDC? I really have no major complaints about DP.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ChaosArgate posted:

Viz is doing one, no ETA on when they're releasing it though. They might release Parts 1 and 2 on BluRay first, maybe?

really hope it's sooner than later, loving the eng dub of the first season.

Especially Speedwagon

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
This was a couple pages back, but I think people were overstating Cinderella's influence on Kira. It might be different if Aya crafted a new body for him, but I'm pretty sure, given that he was under pursuit, Kira just forced Aya to swap his features with Kousaku Kawajiri. Aya gets dropped the moment she explodes. Kira doesn't even have to maintain his new body like Yukako. Therefore, I don't think she plays any further role in Kira's life nor the story.

As far as finding love goes, the original Kousaku is a coward and failure. He is terrorized by his landlord and boss. He is the type of person to miss his payments and apologize profusely to his boss for the slightest screw up. Shinobu falls for Kira not for his features, but for his actions. When Kira tricks the landlord he is daring and provides financial stability. Both things Kousaku could not accomplish. I wouldn't really say that Kira finds love. It's ambiguous in Stray Cat and the kiss he gives Shinobu in Another One Bites the Dust is more to do with his lengthy victory strut. He did exhibit some concern and caring for Shinobu, but Kira was confused by what he was feeling and his new life is probably the longest he's been in a relationship with a living woman.

I do not think that Cinderella had any impact on Kira's fate. Kira traded faces with Kousaku, but Kira took great care to emulate his mannerisms with his own efforts like the hours practicing his signature. He also demonstrates being outside of faith and gravity. He is not drawn to other stand users. He is introduced not as another person manipulated by the arrow but by an intervention from the ghost of one of his victims. His downfall is even more his fault because he says his name out loud for no reason other than his own arrogance.

I just think Kira is a much better character as someone who takes control of their own fate. To attribute his downfall to something foretold by Cinderella or even DIO's curse kind of cheapens Kira to me and Part 4 in general as well. DIO's influence reaches into Part 4, but I think that it plays a very small role in the themes of Part 4.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Also there's no way Araki would plan for this

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kira falls in love with the perfect and magnificent Shinobu Kawajiri as did I because like Kira I have taste

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
kakyoin seal of approval

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I don't actually think Cinderella factors into it all, but it's funny that the one woman Kira starts a relationship with for an extended period of time is one who'll be attracted to his "good" qualities, no matter how small they are. He's confident and risk taking in healthy amounts if, ya know, he wasn't a horrible murderer and it's until the Bites The Dust that it becomes his downfall.

We're told that women in his workplace are attracted to Kira, but a combination of that Kira rather be killing them than getting to know them and that Kira is actually a pretty boring guy by choice. Once he becomes Kosaku, his life is swept out from under him and he has to become someone he has no idea about and we see he actually can be a normal dude for the most part. Like the second he comes home to Shinobu for the first time, having no idea what Kosaku and Shinobu's relationship is, he starts making dinner, he apologizes when he makes household mistakes rather than argue like Kosaku did and is pretty good at pretending to be A Good Husband.

Kira's new life and having to master Kosaku's signature and slowly over time swap out Kosaku's shoes for shoes that actually fit him are great. It was obviously never going to work out, but it's sad that almost everyone would've honestly been better off if Kira had managed to keep it together and not gotten Hayato on his trail and instead we have single mom Shinobu waiting for the husband she finally started love to come home forever and Hayato is 0 for 2 on Good Dads.

Shinobu deserved better. You just had to be a weird spy, didn't you Hayato?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It was only a matter of time until kira killed shinobu and hayato

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, once we see Kira staring out his window and watching women pass by and then proceed to almost strangle Shinobu, you know it's a matter of time. Kira is fully aware that he shouldn't kill Shinobu or Hayato, purely out of much attention he'd get, but you know if those two people on the train didn't set him off, something eventually would.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Something i was thinking about.

You think that when Pucci used his final stand to accelerate time to infinity, and everything started to degrade fast but people kept aging normally, that Santana became free for a few brief moments? I wonder how confused he was.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Frionnel posted:

Something i was thinking about.

You think that when Pucci used his final stand to accelerate time to infinity, and everything started to degrade fast but people kept aging normally, that Santana became free for a few brief moments? I wonder how confused he was.

Not as confused as the 36 Kars on Mars were about the whole thing.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

TheKingofSprings posted:

Not as confused as the 36 Kars on Mars were about the whole thing.

The Kars on Mars are totally used to it though--living through the resets is the entire reason there's 36 of them. Every time it loops around is another new Kars added to the group. They probably use the unique time properties to play like, Extreme Karsball or something.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is there a good place to read the Jojo novels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is there a good place to read the Jojo novels?

In the case of Jorge Joestar it's when you're high as a kite.