Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
It's supposed to be backwards. Having it the other way would be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Major Isoor posted:

Hey Hard, would it be possible for the flag on BB's portrait (below) to be corrected? As it's currently backwards. :v: I noticed the same thing with every single menu background photo of the soldier during the Dustline period, however I let that be, seeing as I knew it would be temporary, with those.
I'm assuming he was originally facing left, then mirrored? If so, his unit emblem is no doubt the wrong way around as well, heh

That's actually how it is supposed to be displayed.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

El Jebus posted:

That's actually how it is supposed to be displayed.

Huh, that's interesting - just looked it up then. Still, seems a touch silly that the US armed forces actually do this, so I'm sticking by saying that it's backwards! :v:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Major Isoor posted:

Huh, that's interesting - just looked it up then. Still, seems a touch silly that the US armed forces actually do this, so I'm sticking by saying that it's backwards! :v:

Not even a touch silly, it's just ridiculous.

From US Flag.org (I can't believe this is an actual site. Our country is loving weird about our obsessions)

quote:

The regulation states that when authorized for application to the proper uniform the American flag patch is to be worn, right or left shoulder, so that “the star field faces forward, or to the flag’s own right. When worn in this manner, the flag is facing to the observer’s right, and gives the effect of the flag flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward. The appropriate replica for the right shoulder sleeve is identified as the ‘reverse side flag’.”

So yeah, it's a thing. Stupid, but a thing nonetheless

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Zipperelli. posted:

From US Flag.org (I can't believe this is an actual site. Our country is loving weird about our obsessions)

http://ukflag.facts.co/unitedkingdomflagof/ukflag.php

Nah mate, its not that odd

Twazuk
Oct 3, 2010

These win poses have been real buggy lately.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Battleye has made siege Great again. Now time to bitch about laggy Brazilians and their ping armor.

OctaMurk fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Aug 13, 2016

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Twazuk posted:

These win poses have been real buggy lately.

Lmao

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Interesting to hear that Capitao will probably be replacing Ash in the standard Pro League attacker lineup. That would make the standard lineup: Capitao, Thermite, Thatcher, Buck & Sledge.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006

Gunder posted:

Interesting to hear that Capitao will probably be replacing Ash in the standard Pro League attacker lineup. That would make the standard lineup: Capitao, Thermite, Thatcher, Buck & Sledge.

is that de facto or de jure?

edit-i remember hearing something about rules regarding which operators were allowed, so i thought maybe they changed it to like standardized comps

WelpEcho fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 14, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

ItheWelp87 posted:

It's DiGiorno. :downsrim:

Gunder
May 22, 2003

ItheWelp87 posted:

edit-i remember hearing something about rules regarding which operators were allowed, so i thought maybe they changed it to like standardized comps

Here's what this guy thinks.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
In the main play screen banner it says IQ has a new clown mask but doesn't show up in game. I want clown iq :(

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Ranked randomly drops me into a game that is already 2:3, and gives me -100 points for hanging 30 seconds in the smoke screen and losing. I had to win 4 games in a row for that. :shrek:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

keyframe posted:

In the main play screen banner it says IQ has a new clown mask but doesn't show up in game. I want clown iq :(

castles mask is a sheer nightmare

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

alf_pogs posted:

castles mask is a sheer nightmare

Yea too bad it's for castle. I never play him

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

keyframe posted:

Yea too bad it's for castle. I never play him

No one "plays" Castle

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Squeegy posted:

No one "plays" Castle

I always consider the team with castle to be down a man. He's not just bad, he aggressively fucks over his own team.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Castle would be a better operator on offence.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Wooper posted:

Castle would be a better operator on offence.

He'd actually be fantastic on offense, just don't give him his walls back when they get torn down. Being able to cover your flank would be amazing.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Castle + Mute can be effective at my skill level on some maps. Especially if there's no Sledge or Ash.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Gunder posted:

Castle + Mute can be effective at my skill level on some maps. Especially if there's no Sledge or Ash.

Yeah, with Mute he can be pretty decent, provided you can deal with any Ash-/Sledge-related threats before they re-open your barricaded doors. Otherwise he's just really not great. I really think Wooper's suggestion could be good - it would be amazing to be able to seal off your flanks! Especially if you wind up inadvertently blocking off a roamer who was lying in wait, before moving in from behind :D

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Decided to use the Saiga tonight and came away with a few good matches.

Gun is loving awful and nobody should willingly use it.

With that said: it was fun trying to make this pile of poo poo work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fIfQq1LXKo

Format got all hosed up in the upload. Blame AMD.

*edit*

Forgot this also happened.

https://streamable.com/ln13

Jehde is the hero we all deserve.

IceOrb fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Aug 14, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hopefully the rebalance patch makes the Saiga identical to Caveira's shotgun.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lemon-Lime posted:

Hopefully the rebalance patch makes the Saiga identical to Caveira's shotgun.

That would require cutting its damage in half basically.

edit: Caveira performing as intended for a change: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn6LPwk4w8g

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Squeegy posted:

He'd actually be fantastic on offense, just don't give him his walls back when they get torn down. Being able to cover your flank would be amazing.

Agreed. I would actually play him if he was a offense character.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Anybody else run into a weird glitch where Thermite's charge will explode and leave the reinforcement intact? I've seen it happen a few times now.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Triggs posted:

Anybody else run into a weird glitch where Thermite's charge will explode and leave the reinforcement intact? I've seen it happen a few times now.

Happens all the time now, seen it at least a dozen times since Skull Rain came out.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Just unlocked Capitao, and seem to have a control map glitch - my rate-of-fire key is Forward on the mouse and works fine for all the other selectable weapons, but to swap between smoke/fire bolts it doesn't work... instead, it swaps everytime I press A. The little control key icon next to the bolt type icon ingame shows the normal Mouse5.

As you can imagine that makes it extremely difficult to use while moving. :psyduck: I can't see any conflicts in the mapping screen, am I overlooking something or is it a bug?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Anybody else having the feeling that the sound propagation is strange under Skull Rain? It's way harder to tell locations on your floor vs the floor above and crouch walking seems to be quieter.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

Anybody else having the feeling that the sound propagation is strange under Skull Rain? It's way harder to tell locations on your floor vs the floor above and crouch walking seems to be quieter.

definitely feelin some of the vertical sound weirdness

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
I've noticed that it seems you can shoot out thermite's charge even if he placed it on a reinforced trap door. At first I thought it's because I shot out the entire trap door (leaving only the reinforcement). After further observation, any gun can shoot out thermite's charge through reinforced trap door. You can destroy the charge both while it's burning or just placed, too.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

pedro0930 posted:

I've noticed that it seems you can shoot out thermite's charge even if he placed it on a reinforced trap door. At first I thought it's because I shot out the entire trap door (leaving only the reinforcement). After further observation, any gun can shoot out thermite's charge through reinforced trap door. You can destroy the charge both while it's burning or just placed, too.

That sounds like a bug

I've gotten way better over the past couple of days. Couldn't resist killing a pubbie who wouldn't shut the gently caress up because i walked into a kapkan trap half a second after i'd just popped a guy though.

"I'm rank 107 noob"

gently caress off mate you've still got 0 kills.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

dogstile posted:

That sounds like a bug

I've gotten way better over the past couple of days. Couldn't resist killing a pubbie who wouldn't shut the gently caress up because i walked into a kapkan trap half a second after i'd just popped a guy though.

"I'm rank 107 noob"

gently caress off mate you've still got 0 kills.

I consider myself at least a good player and I eat Kapkan traps some of the time, they are made to be ran into. I've played against players who are dominating the whole game but jump into a laser on match point

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

The Duggler posted:

players who are dominating the whole game but jump into a laser on match point

Hi.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

dogstile posted:

That sounds like a bug

It is, working on it.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hard posted:

It is, working on it.

If you equip Blackbeard's shield and sit on a window then you can't die, I think it's a bug.

Fix your game, Hard.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

The Duggler posted:

I consider myself at least a good player and I eat Kapkan traps some of the time, they are made to be ran into. I've played against players who are dominating the whole game but jump into a laser on match point

Yeah, this one was sneaky, didn't cade over it and had a guy in cover behind it. I was aiming up, shot him in the face, didn't see the text in the bottom right hand corner as I stepped into it.

Funny as hell though, and we still won!

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

What is the point of Glaz? His special is an acog scope and he can shoot open wood barricades sometimes. Wow. :geno:

Any of the operators with DMRs do his job better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Great Beer posted:

What is the point of Glaz? His special is an acog scope and he can shoot open wood barricades sometimes. Wow. :geno:

Any of the operators with DMRs do his job better.

DMRs are abjectly terrible.

• Locked thread