Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

is he gonna talk about how he's gonna fix this or is it just rambling bullshit about the past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

TBeats posted:

does trump even know what moral courage means lol

Do you really think he wrote one word of this speech?

Do you really think his mind works in any way that would allow this speech to be written?

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007

Utz posted:

You can tell he HATES to read. This is how he would read bedtime stories to his kids, no doubt, if he ever did that.

You get the sense that teleprompter speeches are the longest things he's ever read in his entire life.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

So is this all (sad) blaming or has he actually made his proposals yet?

I mean, I know the answer, but still

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lum_ posted:

This is the Walid Phares part of the speech

oh, forgot about him. He's obviously the ghostwriter here. I wonder if Hezbollah will be mentioned.

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib
*Looks at one teleprompter* *Finishes paragraph* *Looks at other teleprompter*

There is no in between.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

is he going to discuss his plans at all or

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i will now read all deaths obama is responsible for:

arthur a anderson. rest in peace arthur

arthur b anderson. rip

arthur c

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Why did Obama not give a speech in Mubarak's Egypt about how awful Islam is to women and gays and funding terror.

(Also there was no renegotiation of the Status of Forces Agreement in Iraq because the Iraqis wanted our troops out. I guess we could have just said no and re-invaded!)

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
I think they slipped him one too many benzos.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm prepared for about 3 hours of media saying that Trump gave a pretty good speech, then he does something at a rally tonight to derail the news cycle.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Oil of Paris posted:

between that and his writers clearly having no idea how to write a speech in his voice, this is TERRIBLE on the ears

the funny thing is that if this was all he was doing the election would be a dead heat right now

make fun of it all you want but of the limited set of options he has this is the most effective one

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

We invaded Libya?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I can almost always tell when he goes off script, even if it's just a word or two. How he actually speaks compared to the speech itself is stunning.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

HE IS SO BAD AT SPEAKING HOLY poo poo

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Hillary's choose to use military forces in Libya was the wrong decision.

I want to use military forces to defeat ISIS.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

VladimirLeninpest posted:

There is no in between.

this is worse than a high school sophomore speech class

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
OKay so wait

Obama won't do poo poo against our enemies

Hillary was the deciding vote to attack Libya

Do they not proofread this stuff?

Are they just counting on their audience to not notice?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Lum_ posted:

Why did Obama not give a speech in Mubarak's Egypt about how awful Islam is to women and gays and funding terror.

(Also there was no renegotiation of the Status of Forces Agreement in Iraq because the Iraqis wanted our troops out. I guess we could have just said no and re-invaded!)

I don't think that would be reinvasion, just occupation.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Not watching this boring-rear end speech, somebody get the man some amphetamines

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
BERNIE! DRINK!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Trying again to court berners.

WHERE'S THE POLICY YOU HACK

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Shadowhand00 posted:

Can someone explain this obsession with naming the enemy ( I think I understand but wanted to confirm my thoughts)

If you make it sound like a straight holy war we can ramp up the defense spending again and again.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

he has trouble with the word character

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

McGlockenshire posted:

Are they just counting on their audience to not notice?

yes

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hillary lacks the physical stamina to take on ISIS... what

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin

Oil of Paris posted:

between that and his writers clearly having no idea how to write a speech in his voice, this is TERRIBLE on the ears

It's like he doesn't even like the applause when it comes after lines he read instead of extemporized.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

VladimirLeninpest posted:

There is no in between.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O1hM-k3aUY

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

That Works posted:

We invaded Libya?

no, we didn't, that's why people died in benghazi, we should have invaded then, but not before, when we still didn't.

Please stop trying to assume facts matter

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna take a nap lol

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Lacks the physical stamina? Is this gonna be the "she's about to die" thing?

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
lol no applause for opposing the iraq war

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

drugs are wearing off

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

His eyeballs are literally scanning the teleprompter! This is high school news report poo poo.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I like the part where he implies that gitmo is super cool

e: yeah drugs are wearing off

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Aug 15, 2016

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

How stilted can your reading get Donald

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
My opponent is weak on RADICAL ISLAMIC TERROR! This is why I believe we should never have attacked Iraq. These two things are related somehow.

(they're both wrong)

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
"I was opposed to the war from the beginning" *DEAFENING SILENCE*

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

Nitrousoxide posted:

If you can name the lich it has no power over you.

Thanks. This is exactly what I thought. :)

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Obama ran the table on them in this area so they took the mole-hill that was "President doesn't really love constantly bringing up the religious aspect of terrorist attacks/is a nerd and uses exact terms" and somehow blew it up into "Obama literally founded ISIS".

I figured it had a lot to do with the precision of the president's statements vs. the republican's need to pain islam in broad strokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

With apologies to Propaghandi: Rudy, a message to you Rudy, a message to you Rudy. gently caress you Rudy!

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/jan/08/rudy-giuliani/giuliani-says-there-were-no-domestic-attacks-durin/

• Locked thread