Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I'm glad that I managed to avoid being owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
Finished Zeta Gundam. That got really :smith: in the last few episodes. That piece of poo poo Yazan. :argh:

Well, onto ZZ I suppose for a good breather away from the dark stuff.

Zeratanis fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 14, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Zeratanis posted:

Finished Zeta Gundam. That got really :smith: in the last few episodes. That piece of poo poo Yazan. :argh:

Well, onto ZZ I suppose for a good breather away from the dark stuff.

Yazan is a real jerk. Zeta Gundam seriously wrecked me, for three days I whenever I was by myself I would start thinking about it and get sad again.

I need to get back into ZZ, I took a break from watching it to watch Build Fighters. I need to hurry up and finish it so I can devour the entire UC because I just bought Gundam: Extreme Vs Full Boost and I need to know who most of these characters are.

I mean I am mostly going to play as Jerid, Bernie, and Chris but still.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Yazan gets perhaps the least violent or bloody karmic fate in ZZ my friend.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
Yazan reduced to a chicken leg eating hobo is pretty funny. :laugh:

The light heartedness of this series so far is a nice breather that's for sure.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I did it.. I did it. I finished Victory Gundam.

...it sucked, but it got easier to watch near the end of it because it got dumber and dumber and oh my god Katejina, please.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Baal posted:

I did it.. I did it. I finished Victory Gundam.

...it sucked, but it got easier to watch near the end of it because it got dumber and dumber and oh my god Katejina, please.

Now I feel sad when winter comes and it snows.

Because a blinded former Gundam antagonist is lost as gently caress out there.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

The GIG posted:

Really hosed up to announce the Turn A Blu Rays literally right after I ordered the DVDs.

https://twitter.com/NozomiEnt/status/764571760532467713?s=09

I will need this. I'm thankful I won't have to pay japan bluray prices to get it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The GIG posted:

Really hosed up to announce the Turn A Blu Rays literally right after I ordered the DVDs.

https://twitter.com/NozomiEnt/status/764571760532467713?s=09
I'm not a huge Turn-A Gundam person but drat that is a nice looking piece of artwork.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
have it wallpaper sized (gently caress you imgur for compressing it)

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Zeratanis posted:

Yazan reduced to a chicken leg eating hobo is pretty funny. :laugh:

The light heartedness of this series so far is a nice breather that's for sure.

zz gundam isn't bad but man do I loathe the zz gundam itself. What a downgrade from the z gundam.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I honestly don't much like either the zeta or the zz. There designs are way too busy for me. The 79G might be a glorified gm, but it is the most pretty one to me. The rx-93 is also a good design that isn't overly complicated.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/80s_anime/status/764508852939321344

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

TheManSeries posted:

Guess its a good thing they announced a trade up program for dvd owners.

Got a link to info on this?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-13/right-stuf-to-release-turn-a-gundam-tv-anime-on-blu-ray-disc/.105331

Was announced at otakon, more details coming near release.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1m3tEj2JzI

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Awesome. Will make me feel a lot better about buying the DVDs if I can trade up into the blu-rays.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

So I'm 19 episodes into season 2 of 00, why do people get so down about it? It seems perfectly fine, no different from the first season in animation that I can see. Characters and story are much the same quality. Unless the last 7 episodes mess things up this has been a pretty alright ride.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

There is one episode near the end that has some particularly janky animation, not quite Doan's Island level but there's lots of noticably off-model suits and a bit of footage reuse.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Tried to go back to Zeta over the weekend after something like 4 months, Couldn't remember where I was so I hopped a little further back in the timeline and started watching 08th MS Team. I'm like 3 or 4 episodes in and I'm really enjoying the more...contemporary setting? Seeing tanks and helicopters and their listening truck is cool. That and the smaller, non-cosmic setting are nice. Maybe I'll watch all the One year War stuff before I move back to Zeta?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Fat and Useless posted:

So I'm 19 episodes into season 2 of 00, why do people get so down about it? It seems perfectly fine, no different from the first season in animation that I can see. Characters and story are much the same quality. Unless the last 7 episodes mess things up this has been a pretty alright ride.

Half way through the season they completely drop all the geopolitical stuff and perspective characters on all the different sides that made 00 interesting and just go "celestial being good, A-LAWS bad, grrr" and reduce it to more paint by numbers gundam which is disappointing after how strong season 1 was.

Also they take away what made trans-am kind of interesting by completely ignoring the downsides of it and instead treat it as a run of the mill protagonist power-up.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

00S1 had a nice, complex conflict. CB were a bunch of terrorists blowing poo poo up FOR PEACE and trying to destabilize the rightful governments of the world. It was a story of five traumatized kids (and Tieria) handed invincible giant robots and let loose to terrorize the world. Made even clearer by teh Trinity siblings, who are also part of Celestial Being and were all crazed psychopaths.
00S2 has the A-LAWs who are somehow even more unlikable than the Titans. Then there was als oRibbons, a guy who could give Gihren a run for his money in terms of unrepentant evil. CB are now the absolute good guys fighting for justice and love against evil and oppression. You know this because they have a girl who sings on their side. (why does she sing)

Soma was one of the best character in 00 and a decent pilot. Then she got sidelined to be Allelujah's love interest and nothing more.

Louise and Saji were just supposed to be normal people and nobodies caught in the crossfire. Now they are actually fighting in the conflict and Louise is a huge part of the Big Bad's plan.

I forget where it's all revealed but most of the character arcs just kind of go nowhere, like Wang Lu Mei and Nena. WLM was a prominent character for the whole damned show and...nothing came of it.

Graham came back as Mr. Bushido, who was Graham minus everythingt that made Graham likable.

This is all off my memory of watching the show once, mind.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Fat and Useless posted:

S1 was a geopolitical conflict between multiple powers, none of which was explicitly in the right. Celestial Being was a unilateral terrorist organization rather than a bunch of squeaky clean plucky rebel protagonists. Most of the actual sympathetic characters were instead the characters in each of the world powers that Celestial Being was attacking. S2 is an unapologetic hero show where A-LAWS and Ribbons are so comically, one-dimensionally evil that it's almost impossible to sympathize with them on any level, doing poo poo like building satellite lasers called "Memento Mori" to shoot at civilian population centers and deploying armies of autonomous kill bots to slaughter civilian protesters. Celestial Being goes from a terrorist organization full of damaged, broken people fighting for a flawed ideology to a plucky band of rebel heroes who are totally in the right and they're going to win because they have magic super saiyan powerups and GN particles on their side.

Basically S2 threw out all the things that made S1's plot and setting interesting in favor of making a really generic and bland show. S2 00 isn't even a terrible watch, it's just a huge disservice to the strength of S1 and a radically different kind of show.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Even the GN Particles went to hell. They were an amazing source of power in S1, but they had some very clearly defined rules as to what they did and how they behaved. Which was what also made the various factional forces interesting because they started exploiting the few weaknesses the particles had and drat-near won.

Come season 2, you might as well throw your hands up and declare they're magic pixie lights.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Someone post the gnx grunts action scene where it's just the background going crazy

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It Occurs to me that while some series could be considered Gundam's Rogue Squadron equivalent, there hasn't been a Wraith Squadron yet and that seems like an oversight.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MonsieurChoc posted:

It Occurs to me that while some series could be considered Gundam's Rogue Squadron equivalent, there hasn't been a Wraith Squadron yet and that seems like an oversight.

I wouldn't mind a space based 08th MS Team style show. Too bad half the cast would need to be teenagers. Again.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MonsieurChoc posted:

Gundam 00 or Wing. Both were technically insurgent Gundam teams.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

I wouldn't mind a space based 08th MS Team style show. Too bad half the cast would need to be teenagers. Again.

Hell, having lots of teens makes sense for the UC setting

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Srice posted:

It also makes sense thematically, since a common theme of Gundam is the younger generation being shouldered with the sins of those that came before them.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Wing has a whole side manga about even more rebel insurgents. The Zero system basically kills all the cool characters off by driving them extra crazy but the survivors pop up in some of the main storyline stuff.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Srice posted:

True, but a lot of the teenagers from the One Year War are well into their twenties and thirties as continuing conflicts break out. I'd like to see some followup on that, to see if the youth of the future manage to change things or if they just repeat the mistakes of their elders.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Arcsquad12 posted:

True, but a lot of the teenagers from the One Year War are well into their twenties and thirties as continuing conflicts break out. I'd like to see some followup on that, to see if the youth of the future manage to change things or if they just repeat the mistakes of their elders.

They'll keep repeating their mistakes because its Gundam and Gundam is about people loving up and solving nothing in between seasons/series.

In universe you can spin this as Youth betraying themselves by becoming Adults Who Ruin Everything, Obviously. Then it's up to the next-next generation, who will continue the cycle.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

fivegears4reverse posted:

They'll keep repeating their mistakes because its Gundam and Gundam is about people loving up and solving nothing in between seasons/series.

In universe you can spin this as Youth betraying themselves by becoming Adults Who Ruin Everything, Obviously. Then it's up to the next-next generation, who will continue the cycle.

This is actually a more realistic outlook than the idea that surely ~this~ magic newtype generation of youngsters will change everything for the better. Humans don't work like that. For the most part the story of human society is about slow, incremental improvement over the lovely actions and decisions of past generations. Only in the past century or so have we started to slowly figure out that maybe people with different skin colors deserve human rights and maybe women don't exist solely to be subservient baby factories, and we've still got a tremendously long way to go on that. Something like the eradication of human conflict on the basis of mutual understanding is so out there that I can't even imagine how long it would possibly take. One of the more poignant parts of Unicorn's lovely ending is Full Frontal insisting that human conflict would exist until the end of humans.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It would be interesting to see an SRW game or something where Full Frontal uses the Black History, the eventual emergence of the Kuntala etc. to make his point.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Banagher's argument was that it didn't matter because even if everything went to poo poo, there was always the possibility that things would get better. It is kind of a non-argument, but that is also why Full Frontal couldn't prove him wrong despite literally taking Banagher to the end of time to show that things were still poo poo.

The final battle of Unicorn is pretty much an internet debate, if you think about it.

:mad: You're wrong!
:downs: Nope.
:mad: Look, I have all this proof that you're wrong!
:mad: God drat it I will literally hold your hand through all this and show you how wrong you are.
:mad: gently caress THIS I'M OUT :suicide:
:downs: Hah, I win!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So are we all excited for Build Fighters Try Island Wars this Sunday?

Guys?

Stop laughing, I'm sure it'll be better than Try and they'll have put some real effort into giving Sekai a personali-pfffthahahaha.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's just the tv special thing

And heck, Try's beach ep was aight

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So are we all excited for Build Fighters Try Island Wars this Sunday?

Guys?

Stop laughing, I'm sure it'll be better than Try and they'll have put some real effort into giving Sekai a personali-pfffthahahaha.
If it's more like the actual fun silly parts of the series it hopefully won't be too bad.

Like if we get good Tryon 3 shenanigans I'll probably be satisfied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Srice posted:

It's just the tv special thing

And heck, Try's beach ep was aight

You mean the one that didnt focus on Sekai as the central character for once and mysteriously had much better writing as a result? :v:

And to be fair he worked perfectly fine as a secondary character in it too.