Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

limp_cheese posted:

I wonder if Trump practices the teleprompter speeches (I'm sure he doesn't). It sounds like this is the first time he's seen the speech.

It's also really jarring when he ad libs in the middle of sentences and obvious when he is focusing on the teleprompter. It's like he is having trouble reading it. I wonder if his eye sight is going?

They haven't perfected the technology to have the prompter written in gold sharpie and then faxed to him, so he can't read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

limp_cheese posted:

It's also really jarring when he ad libs in the middle of sentences and obvious when he is focusing on the teleprompter. It's like he is having trouble reading it. I wonder if his eye sight is going?

No need to read so far into it, he doesn't have the attention span to recite a prewritten speech for that long.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I just realized this, but I bet Donald Trump has a weak as gently caress beard.

psutify
Oct 19, 2012

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

does Trump not have a wedding ring? just something I noticed

They can't make a ring small enough for those fingers.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

No need to read so far into it, he doesn't have the attention span to recite a prewritten speech for that long.

TelePrompTourette's?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm watching without sound. What was up with that halfassed clap as he walked off?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I hope we get a moment as great as "proceed, governor" during the debates this year. given how this election is going, one can only hope Hillary ethers Trump on the first question

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

I hope we get a moment as great as "proceed, governor" during the debates this year. given how this election is going, one can only hope Hillary ethers Trump on the first question

I'm becoming a little bit concerned that the expectations are so stunningly low for Trump that he could be seen as "winning" the debates by just showing up and not literally making GBS threads himself.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

At this point I want Trump to just go for it and gaslight the gently caress out of his flock, stare directly into the camera and say "Hillary Clinton was President when 9/11 happened"

Just :psypop: the gently caress out of the left, if enough of us have aneyurisms it could tip the election.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Carlosologist posted:

After they shake hands before the debate, she should say "wow, they are are tiny" as she is walking away to her podium

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

No Butt Stuff posted:

I just realized this, but I bet Donald Trump has a weak as gently caress beard.

Babies are not renowned for their beard growing

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

At this point I want Trump to just go for it and gaslight the gently caress out of his flock, stare directly into the camera and say "Hillary Clinton was President when 9/11 happened"

Just :psypop: the gently caress out of the left, if enough of us have aneyurisms it could tip the election.

https://twitter.com/samfbiddle/status/765017401310212096

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

theflyingorc posted:

By the way, my current favorite hot take from all the archconservatives on my Facebook wall:

It's because of TRUMP and GUN CONTROL, not because nobody gives a drat about shooting sports

I thinks it's more that target shooting is a bit boring to watch.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

What I got out of the speech:

-Hilary and B-Rock "The Islamic Shock" Obama are responsible for starting the Iraq war and to blame for its failure.

-We said Radical Islamic Terrorism! They are defeated!

- We should have plundered Iraq and left troops there indefinitely.

- That McCarthy guy had some good ideas in regards to dealing with communists. We should do that with Islam.

- Trump has the best ideas and is the only one that can solve these problems with "Common Sense" and simple solutions.

Anything I missed?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Crowsbeak posted:

But they show golf for some drat reason.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

limp_cheese posted:

-Hilary and B-Rock "The Islamic Shock" Obama are responsible for starting the Iraq war and to blame for its failure.

- That McCarthy guy had some good ideas in regards to dealing with communists. We should do that with Islam.

- Trump has the best ideas and is the only one that can solve these problems with "Common Sense" and simple solutions.

Anything I missed?

What, no mention of that economic panacea that is cutting taxes for the rich?

e: oh, I suppose that was included in the last point

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Biff Rockgroin posted:

I'm kind of excited about the poo poo show that'll be Trump's concession speech if he loses. I feel like it'll be one of three things:

1. "You didn't dump me, I dumped you! I was going to create so many jobs but all you people are stupid and don't deserve it. I'm going to move all my businesses to countries that are SMART!"

2. "Crooked Hillary rigged the whole thing. There are still brave (2nd amendment) patriots who can make things right by "removing" her from the white house."

3. He just never makes the speech.

Either way, it'll be unscripted and I feel like it'll be the last huge hilarious thing he does for a while besides his normal poo poo-talking on Twitter.

I'm curious though, what's the procedure if he refuses to concede? Does it even matter?
Or he pulls the biggest faceturn in the history of politics and states that actually he was secretly supporting the Democrats all along and you rubes fell for it ergo he didn't really lose he's just SO SMART he TRICKED YOU ALL.

He saves face, is heralded as some kind of amazing sleeper agent by the Left, saves his brand/good name, and goes down in history. Sure he has to watch his back for the rest of his life, but hey, people only want to shoot important people, right?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Crowsbeak posted:

Yeah trap and skeet shooting haven't exactly taken the world by storm.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
We ignore the poo poo out of a lot of events, but for her it's probably a political decision.

I'm looking forward to the winter Olympics to watch some curling.

Now that's a spectator sport!

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Weren't McCarthy's ideas a complete disaster historically speaking though? I'm pretty sure that they were at best useless and likely did more damage to the country than communism ever could.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mr Interweb posted:

How would we "control" Iraq's oil exactly?

Trump wants us to pull out of the Middle East while also leaving troops "around the oil" in the Middle East.
So basically not at all pulling out of the middle east and instead leaving a bunch of our troops there isolated and vulnerable to attack.

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011

limp_cheese posted:

Anything I missed?

You forgot rejecting bigotry and oppression by closing our borders to anyone who can't be assimilated into American culture to love not-fascism Americanism and 'American values' which are all-important and defined as vaguely as possible.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Chimera-gui posted:

Weren't McCarthy's ideas a complete disaster historically speaking though? I'm pretty sure that they were at best useless and likely did more damage to the country than communism ever could.

He helped kick start the mistrust Americans have in government, and basically set us up for Reagan (backstabbing lil poo poo) after civil rights kicked in fully in the 70s and whites were mad as gently caress.

Republicans enjoy American history.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Prepare to be whelmed. This is exactly as meaningless and desperate as you think:

Clinton Slips While Stepping Away From Podium to Make Way for Biden

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Story time! After the 1993 WTC bombings, the FDNY found that some of their radios would not work inside the towers. For the next 8 years they requested upgraded radio systems so that they could communicate more effectively on the scene of incidents like that, should they ever happen again. Guliani pushed against these requests, and they were never given better radios.

When the first tower came down, an evacuation of the second tower was called. All FDNY and NYPD personnel were to try and leave the building before it's too late. But, the radios didn't work. Many, many firefighters and police never heard the call, and remained inside attempting to rescue people until the second tower collapsed. Guliani doomed these brave people to die inside there because he was stingy about helping them get the equipment they needed, and now he parades around as if he's some sort of hero.

Guliani got firefighters and police killed on 9/11. Guliani did nothing positive on or after 9/11 to help police and firefighters. He's a loving ghoul who keeps bringing up that it happened in the city while he was mayor as if that somehow qualifies him for anything, but emergency servants died because of Guliani.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Chimera-gui posted:

No, you see he was a straight shooter that understood the extreme danger Radical Communist Terrorism posed to the United States and worked tirelessly to root it out. He was ultimately betrayed and abandoned by communist sympathizers that wouldn't even call it by its true name.

In all honesty you're right. His witch hunts are a source of national shame and are used as a lesson in how fear can override sensible people. Yet here we are.........

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Story time! After the 1993 WTC bombings, the FDNY found that some of their radios would not work inside the towers. For the next 8 years they requested upgraded radio systems so that they could communicate more effectively on the scene of incidents like that, should they ever happen again. Guliani pushed against these requests, and they were never given better radios.

When the first tower came down, an evacuation of the second tower was called. All FDNY and NYPD personnel were to try and leave the building before it's too late. But, the radios didn't work. Many, many firefighters and police never heard the call, and remained inside attempting to rescue people until the second tower collapsed. Guliani doomed these brave people to die inside there because he was stingy about helping them get the equipment they needed, and now he parades around as if he's some sort of hero.

Guliani got firefighters and police killed on 9/11. Guliani did nothing positive on or after 9/11 to help police and firefighters. He's a loving ghoul who keeps bringing up that it happened in the city while he was mayor as if that somehow qualifies him for anything, but emergency servants died because of Guliani.

Please tell me there's a link to a news story on this.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

TheBigAristotle posted:

Prepare to be whelmed. This is exactly as meaningless and desperate as you think:

It's bullshit, but they're going whole-hog with rumors she has seizures.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Augus posted:

Trump wants us to pull out of the Middle East while also leaving troops "around the oil" in the Middle East.
So basically not at all pulling out of the middle east and instead leaving a bunch of our troops there isolated and vulnerable to attack.

It's just his dumb foreign policy rhetoric again - he realized that we did something that didn't directly enrich us, and that makes him MAD

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Seriously, just the images of him walking around the city with its soot-filled air was enough to turn him into some kind of a hero. But if you ask anyone that adores him what he actually DID on or after 9/11 that makes him such a hero, they got nothin'.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Contrast his inaction to Hillary's pushing for a 9/11 responders' healthcare bill.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol what happened to the entire bullshit justification that we were going in to liberate the Iraqis?

"we liberated them of resources, also their lives"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mahoning posted:

Seriously, just the images of him walking around the city with its soot-filled air was enough to turn him into some kind of a hero. But if you ask anyone that adores him what he actually DID on or after 9/11 that makes him such a hero, they got nothin'.

Mayors love doing this, just walking through their cities for press pictures post-disaster while not actually doing anything.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

You know who would love this election? Tim Russert :smith:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Mahoning posted:

Isn't Time Man of the Year enough for you?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

iospace posted:

You know who would love this election? Tim Russert :smith:

Oh, for sure. Also, Hillary's commercial with the Letterman clip makes me miss Dave :smith:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

Clearly she's medically unfit for office.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Shifty Pony posted:

But they show golf for some drat reason.

Only monoglot should be televised.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Trabisnikof posted:

Isn't Time Man of the Year enough for you?

Eh, that's nothing. I was Time Man of the Year once too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mahoning posted:

Like literally all do nothing politicians he made them "feel good."

• Locked thread