Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
How much should I invest in crafting as a sorcerer?

My inventory is being filled up with various crafting components and I'm not sure what to do with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Inverness posted:

How much should I invest in crafting as a sorcerer?

My inventory is being filled up with various crafting components and I'm not sure what to do with them.

Don't mess with crafting at all if you don't have ESO Plus.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Don't mess with crafting at all if you don't have ESO Plus.

Ignore this. We made it through 2 years of zero craftbags so there's no reason non-subs can't craft now.

Iverness if you're getting bogged down with craft materials just dump them in the goon guild bank.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Yeah space is not a problem with ESO plus but people were able to manage things fine before craft bags. Use your personal banks or for stuff you dont care someone may make use of guild banks but its not impossible to juggle crafting without ESOplus. If your sorc Inverness is your main start investing now, you want at least one character that can craft and research.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Personally, get rolling on researches ASAP because the later stage ones take 30 days with all the perks. Put a little money into your band space and you'll be able to fit quite a bit in there.

My advice is, don't be afraid to make an alt to hold some of the materials that only one crafter will need, like enchanting and alchemy stuff. Get that alt early and start trading his horse on storage capacity. I also don't bother with food and drink mats, they're way too numerous. Dump em in the guild bank and pull some out when you need it.

But definitely be picking up all the mats you see that your sanity will allow, even if you're not sure about crafting... It's nice having a lot of mats to fall back on when you need to have something made, or even if you feel like making it yourself.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Do I remember correctly; they changed how gathering/hirelings work? As in, do I not need to spend 10 points in the first skill of every crafting line to get the best mats now?

Reset my skill points last night, and wouldnt mind having those 50 extra to put into weird places.

e: hirelings give you poo poo unless you've maxed the skills

valuum fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 13, 2016

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Also, if you are running low on space, start another character, have him pull whatever poo poo out of your shared bank, bam instant 60 more slots (more if you put money into his bag space). Game is hard.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Do they plan on fixing the dungeon finder? I tried it last night with low lvl DPS dude one of the starter dungeons, Fungal Grotto. After waiting for like 20 minutes I checked the estimated wait time was like 2 hours :psyduck:

Are they even worth doing? I'm lvl 16 by now and almost finishing everything in Stonefalls

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Dungeons are neat, and doing 1 random dungeon per day through the (broken. again.) dungeon finder gives huge amounts of bonus exp. Worked perfectly for me up until the latest dlc, which completelky hosed it. but I see people on the official forums with wildly varying broken-dates.

Ask up in guild chat. There's usually a bunch of us just doing stuff on alts, up for whatever, and the dungeons scale.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I just sit in Deshaan and LFG for randoms; the dungeon finder seems to work once in a blue moon. It's a guaranteed 2-3 champ points for completing either the normal or vet.

flea
Oct 8, 2000
Can I get an invite to the goon guild? My main is a filthy dominion, but I have a pact alt. My whateveritscalled is @theslip74 and my mom says I'm very handsome.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
So I guess I'm playing this now. Could somebody send an invite to @roadcrew?

I'm kind of sad the elves don't have the exaggerated gaunt angularity they do in Skyrim. I like that subtle weirdness, it makes 'em more distinctive in that game than a lot of fantasy elves.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

ragle posted:

would appreciate a guild invite for @ragle :)

plz

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

frajaq posted:

Do they plan on fixing the dungeon finder? I tried it last night with low lvl DPS dude one of the starter dungeons, Fungal Grotto. After waiting for like 20 minutes I checked the estimated wait time was like 2 hours :psyduck:

Are they even worth doing? I'm lvl 16 by now and almost finishing everything in Stonefalls

Don't queue for a specific dungeon, try queueing for a random. Not only will you get a bug burst of EXP and some nice gear once a day (you also get a smaller EXP and gear reward for subsequent randoms I believe), if you're a low level you'll only have three possible dungeons to get. 1 in 3 chance for FG.

Dungeons are very worthwhile since they give a lot of EXP, they all have a quest inside, and you are rewarded with a skillpoint the first time through which is desperately needed at lower levels.

If you're a DPS expect a slightly harder time finding a group. If you're a magicka DPS I highly recommend putting a resto staff on your second bar with a couple of skills so you can queue as both heals and DPS.

If you're a stamina DPS, you can have a sword and shield on your other bar with the taunt skill and queue as a DPS and tank as well. Non veteran dungeon tanking is very forgiving, you don't especially need to have a bunch of stats to back it up. It does help to have familiarity with the game though.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Not knowing anything about the latest DLC dungeons, the only dungeons that are probably completely not doable on normal with a random PUG are the IC DLC dungeons, (WGT/ICP) and then maybe Selene's Web. There's one or two more that can be tough with a rough group (whatever the pirate one is called, that one can suck for a bad group but still doable)

bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

Hello i started playing this game; can Loxilli (or @davidthenameless i guess?) get an invite to the goon guild? I am level 8 and want to get in on some bs/enchanting trading

bobthenameless fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Aug 13, 2016

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
I'm really loving the little touches in the writing. In the AD start zone in one spot there's a Khajit charging 5 gold to look at a REAL. LIVE. DOG. and talking about how packs of wild dogs roam the streets of Daggerfall.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Stuff like that really is just the icing on the cake. If you really like Elder Scrolls lore and setting there's quite a bit going on in between the lines in the game, more so than even Oblivion and Skyrim in my opinion.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Berke Negri posted:

Not knowing anything about the latest DLC dungeons, the only dungeons that are probably completely not doable on normal with a random PUG are the IC DLC dungeons, (WGT/ICP) and then maybe Selene's Web. There's one or two more that can be tough with a rough group (whatever the pirate one is called, that one can suck for a bad group but still doable)

Unfortunately, I think the two new dungeons are even more difficult than those two. At least when it comes to getting random groups.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Aramek posted:

Unfortunately, I think the two new dungeons are even more difficult than those two. At least when it comes to getting random groups.

Yes. The new ones are even more mechanics-heavy (a good thing if you KNOW those mechanics, as it's NOT another DPS race, but an absolute disaster if you don't) than WGT or ICP. And, seeing as they are so new, it would be difficult to find a random group who knows those dungeons particularly well. Ran Mazzatun with goons yesterday and I was the only one who had done it before. Long story short: if you know the mechanics and play them at the right time, you can get through fine. If you don't, or are off on them by even 5-10 seconds, you're screwed. And none of us were incapable of playing the game. Those dungeons, though, expect you to be right on top of what's going on or the will destroy you.

Friggin' excellent dungeons with great design, though.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Yeah they should tier out the dungeons or something, I've had group finder PUGs where i walk into WGT with three other players all under level 15 and I'm not sure if that is even realistically doable.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
When I tried that pirate one (Blackheart or something), it was relatively smooth sans few rough spots... until we hit that loving final boss. Apparently 2spookified player can kill his crew with heavy attack or two, but good luck surviving all of them.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Aramek posted:

Good. Some actually challenging content for once.

Did Aetherian Archive and Sanctum last night on normal mode. Pretty fun and I'm glad we're getting updated endgame content now.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Picking this back up, can I get an invite? @phosphoro

I also have crowns but no idea what to buy? What's essential/really useful especially as a noob? I've started a NB/Kajit

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hey I'm 50 now and I have no idea what to expect or how the Champion system really works. I care about nothing but Cyrodiil. Can I continue my progression without leaving it or is it semi mandatory for me to PvE now if I don't want to be perma gimped?

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
More of the incidental voicing that I really love.

"What kind of imbecile says 'quay'?"

"My mother. The harbormaster."

"...Oh."

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

Hey I'm 50 now and I have no idea what to expect or how the Champion system really works. I care about nothing but Cyrodiil. Can I continue my progression without leaving it or is it semi mandatory for me to PvE now if I don't want to be perma gimped?

did you somehow get to 50 in loving cyrodiil?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Chomp8645 posted:

Yes, you can. Just do the daily quests (kill xy sorcs etc.) for faster progression. I guess for someone with almost no champion points, it is better to play in 'no champion points' campaign. You will still accumulate champion points, but your lack of them will not matter. Unless you want to PvP in IC.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Roadie posted:

More of the incidental voicing that I really love.

"What kind of imbecile says 'quay'?"

"My mother. The harbormaster."

"...Oh."

Some of my favorite incidental are when the NPCs verbally reference quests you did. "Psst, hey! I think that's the hero of yadda yadda..."

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aramek posted:

Some of my favorite incidental are when the NPCs verbally reference quests you did. "Psst, hey! I think that's the hero of yadda yadda..."
So you're the one that saved the queen, eh? Hmph, you don't look like much.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

"I swear, that is the second fattest Argonian I've ever seen."

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

did you somehow get to 50 in loving cyrodiil?

Yeah I went in around like level 15 once I got two bars and I basically never emerged except for Main Quest, Sky Shard Roundup, or for crafting purposes.

Dwesa posted:

Yes, you can. Just do the daily quests (kill xy sorcs etc.) for faster progression. I guess for someone with almost no champion points, it is better to play in 'no champion points' campaign. You will still accumulate champion points, but your lack of them will not matter. Unless you want to PvP in IC.

Cool! So to progress I just need exp basically, doesn't matter from where? I see people talk about things like Trials and Cadwell's Gold or whatever. I don't need to do those? I don't mind if I progress more slowly, I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on necessary currencies/materials/whatever that can't be gotten in Cyrodiil. Can I continue to craft my own gear to remain competitive?

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

Aramek posted:

I particularly like when, during Cadwell's silver and gold alternative timelines, NPCs recognise you, not only when you're in disguise, but also for something that hasn't actually happened yet. Nothing gets past random vendor #1234.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
New player here. No idea what I'm doing, but I want to play with goons. Can I get an invite for @Casyl?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I have been mostly out for a couple of weeks, but should be back soon.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I've been thinking about hopping in again. Do we have a discord? Any active PVP goons?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

eSporks posted:

I've been thinking about hopping in again. Do we have a discord? Any active PVP goons?

Get your rear end back in here I got into a PvP guild now along with Orv, slugg, and Froid (though it seems Orv disappeared like he warned me about)

As it turns out, the non-CP campaign is actually (get this) fun. Been duking it out there for the new campaign cycle and its good and cool and actually worth doing.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Chomp8645 posted:

Cool! So to progress I just need exp basically, doesn't matter from where? I see people talk about things like Trials and Cadwell's Gold or whatever. I don't need to do those? I don't mind if I progress more slowly, I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on necessary currencies/materials/whatever that can't be gotten in Cyrodiil. Can I continue to craft my own gear to remain competitive?
Hmm, getting into other alliance's zones (Cadwell's precious metals) is good if you look for more skill points. Collecting materials in Cyrodiil seems like PITA and I guess you can just craft appropriate gear, but best pieces are usually dropped in some dungeons or something, but you can always just join some trading guild and sell leftovers from PvP drops or buy some akaviri crafting styles for AP and sell them for a lump of gold.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Get your rear end back in here I got into a PvP guild now along with Orv, slugg, and Froid (though it seems Orv disappeared like he warned me about)

As it turns out, the non-CP campaign is actually (get this) fun. Been duking it out there for the new campaign cycle and its good and cool and actually worth doing.

My computer poo poo got delayed so I just said gently caress it and haven't been video gaming at all until it gets here, since my current main monitor looks like a dying CRT after a recent power outage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No.Mercy
Oct 4, 2011
Hope to join you guys in PvP soon.. For post-50 progression do people recommend just saving up your enlightened or do you just keep questing without it?

• Locked thread