Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Reminder both the number 2 and 3 wr for Cincinnati left in free agency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How's the Pro leagues on Yahoo? Scrub city?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Metapod posted:

Reminder both the number 2 and 3 wr for Cincinnati left in free agency

This might be a fun end of summer project for me compiling data to see if this positively or negatively affects #1 wr's

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

89 posted:

I played on a few rando pay leagues over the years and in my experience there will be a couple people very into it who post a lot, most are basically bots in video games, and a couple will stop showing up after the first few weeks

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

89 posted:

Ugh, I'm already considering dropping Theo Riddick for Christine Michael to handcuff Rawls and I just finished that draft 4 hours ago.

Fantasy Football.

In non-PPR this is probably a good move because when the hell are you going to know when to use Theo Riddick? At least CMike has an easier road to production.

Oh God I endorsed CMike.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chen Kenichi posted:

I do not know if this has been asked/answered or not. Are your sheets set in stone no matter what the current pool of players is, or if you removed let's say the top 20 players drafted the calculations would skew the tiers and other numbers creating a completely different view of a draft at an individual point?

Tiers wouldn't change much. I haven't really experimented much with altering the player pool.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Had my main league draft with my friends together at a beach house in obx north carolina today, drafted on my phone and forgot to print a beersheet for it but I think I got a kinda stacked team for a 10 team standard league, QB/2RB/2WR/2 Flex/DST/K, picked 7th

1.7 DeAndre Hopkins - WR
2.14 Allen Robinson - WR
3.27 C.J. Anderson - RB
4.34 Matt Forte - RB
5.47 Latavius Murray - RB
6.54 Keenan Allen - WR
7.67 Arian Foster - RB
8.74 Coby Fleener - Te
9.87 Ameer Abdullah - RB
10.94 Sterling Shepard - WR
11.107 Michael Thomas - WR
12.114 Tyrod Taylor - QB
13.127 Devontae Booker - RB
14.134 Julius Thomas - TE
15.147 Phillip Dorsett - WR
16.154 Chiefs D
17.167 Chris Boswell - K

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Varg posted:

6.54 Keenan Allen - WR

The gently caress

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Yea no one wanted him for some reason lol also 2 ppl not there were auto drafting. Aaron Rodgers went 4th overall.. my friends aren't very good at this

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spoeank posted:

In non-PPR this is probably a good move because when the hell are you going to know when to use Theo Riddick? At least CMike has an easier road to production.

Oh God I endorsed CMike.

As this thread's designated Seahawks Homer, I'm almost ready to buy into the CMike hype this time.

Give me time to explain myself. For most of CMike's career he's been dogged with reports that he was lazy, immature and didn't take the time to hone his obvious talents. The Seahawks cut bait before last year and he spent time in the wilderness, before coming back to Seattle and doing some nice things when our depth chart was depleted.

This year, the buzz around CMike was totally different. Instead of vague camp reports about how he "needs to up his mental game" or whatever, we've seen glowing reports of him taking a leadership role, being the first one in the RB tape room and just generally taking things more seriously. And his on-field talent has never been in question, as we saw in last week's preseason game, where he looked as crisp and explosive as ever.

Maybe last year was a "Road To Damascus" moment for him, or maybe he'll revert back to old lazy CMike. But for now, it looks like he genuinely turned a new leaf and could become a solid 1B to Rawls' 1A.

Feel free to quote this if he sucks and gets cut again.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
CMike was a loving moron which was my main problem with him. If he fixed it then...

https://twitter.com/MattFranchise/status/763395392197103618

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm already having buyer's remorse with Rawls since I took him over Maclin and Landry (TY slipped to me). Golden Tate & Jordan Matthews better make their breakouts...

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

89 posted:

I'm already having buyer's remorse with Rawls since I took him over Maclin and Landry (TY slipped to me). Golden Tate & Jordan Matthews better make their breakouts...

I almost had a joke for Jordan but it slipped my mind. And fingers...

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

CMike was a loving moron which was my main problem with him. If he fixed it then...

Time is a flat circle.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

89 posted:

Free money if you have the time

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I'm not currently in any redraft leagues and I'd like to pick up a league or two. So if you are looking to fill a spot, hit me up. I'm not into IDP leagues, I am open to a money league. I prefer snake drafts and .5 ppr, but I'm flexible on these. I also prefer standard scoring schemes otherwise, so no crazy yardage bonuses, or 6 pt passing tds. Oh and a Flex is better than a 3rd WR on the roster.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

I love this

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
N:

quote:

Appearing on Mike Clay's Sirius XM Fantasy show, ESPN Panthers reporter David Newton suggested Devin Funchess could outproduce Kelvin Benjamin this season.

Newton called Benjamin's conditioning "still a concern," and Funchess a "sleeker, faster version of Benjamin." It was disappointing to see Benjamin dominate first-team snaps in Carolina's preseason opener as Funchess shuttled between the ones and twos, but Funchess' role could grow quickly if Benjamin takes any steps back. Funchess remains an intriguing double-digit-round fantasy pick

V: Kelvin Benjamin in the third round is a sucker's bet.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Had to go check my dynasty roster and make sure I hung on to Bunches of Funchess. Hopefully I will have a good QB/WR combo! (doubtful)

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Was planning on keeping Benjamin for $6 in a 12 man 0.5PPR auction league ($200 budget). I assume this is still a good decision? Not exactly the type of news I was hoping to hear about him.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Gobias Ind. posted:

Was planning on keeping Benjamin for $6 in a 12 man 0.5PPR auction league ($200 budget). I assume this is still a good decision? Not exactly the type of news I was hoping to hear about him.

Some friendly off season advice: Remember with detail how players were preforming at the end of last season, and ignore all current news that isn't injury related.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I had to choose between trading Jordy or Kelvin this offseason. (Can keep either in the 15th). Hope this means I made the right choice.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
FWIW, I have a really hard time imagining any scenario where I'd take Kelvin over Jordy.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Mikey Purp posted:

FWIW, I have a really hard time imagining any scenario where I'd take Kelvin over Jordy.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Hey so why is CJ Anderson ranked relatively highly this year when last year he was borderline droppable for most of the season? Am I missing something?

(I traded down last year to draft CJ Anderson at #6 overall, I am very stupid)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dy. posted:

Hey so why is CJ Anderson ranked relatively highly this year when last year he was borderline droppable for most of the season? Am I missing something?

(I traded down last year to draft CJ Anderson at #6 overall, I am very stupid)

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Remember with detail how players were preforming at the end of last season

He had a few dud games, but in the second half of the season and playoffs he was a quality RB more often than not. Getting over injury easily explained the first half of the season. He's not going in the 1st round or anything absurd, but he should he a decent RB2 with RB1 upside.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Oh god these ESPN app push notifications, somebody kill me

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Cervixalot posted:

Oh god these ESPN app push notifications, somebody kill me

Only if you kill me at the same time.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Metapod posted:

I love this

Hey I tried PMing you but I guess this as good a thread as any to tell you you're off the waiting list in my 20 team fantasy league. Gimmie an email addy to send the invite.

LEAGUE THREAD: forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782123

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 16, 2016

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008
I grabbed Steve Smith late in the draft. I'm better off grabbing Funchess or Aiken aren't I?

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Is anyone else programmer savvy and experienced in Python & the nflgame database?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Its Miller Time posted:

Is anyone else programmer savvy and experienced in Python & the nflgame database?

I thought this said "grammar" savvy and for a second there I got really excited that I would finally get to put my college degree to use.... but no

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Eternal Hobo posted:

I grabbed Steve Smith late in the draft. I'm better off grabbing Funchess or Aiken aren't I?

You would have been better off drafting yourself than Steve Smith

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Its Miller Time posted:

Ish. Install is a pain but it is a beautiful setup once it's working. Drop a line if you want to talk shop.

Edit: actually I've only ever used the nfldb python library, which provides support functions for working with nflgame iirc

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Eternal Hobo posted:

Aiken is going to lead the team in receiving yards so you chose ... poorly.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Shoulda listened to this mega-genius:

http://theinscribermag.com/uncategorized/fantasy-football-youre-drafting-the-wrong-ravens-wide-receiver.html

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Perriman :negative:

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Its Miller Time posted:

I've messed around with the database a bit. I wrote code, for instance, to analyze the play-by-play data to determine the share of the teams total targets a player gets since its not available in the preprocessed data. Feel free to PM me if you have some questions, I might be able to help.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Fantasy is a fickle mistress with random rear end storylines and watch Perriman become a 1k yard guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Always trust the one-note speedster who got overdrafted after good 40 times and already has two bad knees.

• Locked thread