Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Great Beer posted:

Any of the operators with DMRs do his job better.

Wow we have reached peak bad opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Clicking a head with a perfectly accurate single shot rifle is real hard. Better pick glaz so I can do it even more slowly.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Great Beer posted:

What is the point of Glaz? His special is an acog scope and he can shoot open wood barricades sometimes. Wow. :geno:

His gun has much better penetration than any other gun in the game, and can shoot through e.g. the windows on Plane.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Lemon-Lime posted:

His gun has much better penetration than any other gun in the game, and can shoot through e.g. the windows on Plane.

That's super great, on plane, when there are baddies in the windows. In a game where one headshot kills and most of the action takes place indoors away from exterior sightlines, you're better off with an automatic weapon that can put enough rounds downrange to guarantee a kill.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

His shots blow through Castle barricades in case for some reason your team didn't pick Ash and the enemy team took Castle :v:

Although to be fair with how many operators there are in this game now that's a possibility (except sombody picking Castle)

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Pfox posted:

That's super great, on plane, when there are baddies in the windows. In a game where one headshot kills and most of the action takes place indoors away from exterior sightlines, you're better off with an automatic weapon that can put enough rounds downrange to guarantee a kill.

Then play a different operator, with an automatic weapon, in the situations when Glaz's extra utility isn't appropriate. He doesn't need to be a viable pick in 100% of situations, many of the operators aren't, and as it stands right now he's very viable in a few situations with clear drawbacks when he has to step out of his comfort zone.

I guess the balance changes for him are probably pretty well ironed out at this point if they're coming in September, but I really hope they don't just give him a blanket buff to his gun's rate of fire or whatever. More stuff like how it can shoot through castle barricades and plane windows would be cooler IMO.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

The good thing about Glaz is that you don't even need to score a headshot because 2-3 shots is more than enough to put down even heavily armored defenders. Also I don't see how DMRs being able to score headshots on the first shot is any different with Glaz's rifle?

This game isn't all about kills. Softening up the enemies to the point where they are easy kills for the rest of the team is valuable too.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Change Fuze's gadget to have a flash grenade option and suddenly he becomes amazingly viable in every game mode versus being used to clear ADS in rooms in 2.

Speaking of, weren't we supposed to be getting new/different game modes by this point in the DLC release lineup?

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 15, 2016

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Koramei posted:

Then play a different operator, with an automatic weapon, in the situations when Glaz's extra utility isn't appropriate. He doesn't need to be a viable pick in 100% of situations, many of the operators aren't, and as it stands right now he's very viable in a few situations with clear drawbacks when he has to step out of his comfort zone.

I guess the balance changes for him are probably pretty well ironed out at this point if they're coming in September, but I really hope they don't just give him a blanket buff to his gun's rate of fire or whatever. More stuff like how it can shoot through castle barricades and plane windows would be cooler IMO.

What situations do you think Glaz hanging around outside with his DMR rifle is more viable than having another automatic gun inside?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The Duggler posted:

The good thing about Glaz is that you don't even need to score a headshot because 2-3 shots is more than enough to put down even heavily armored defenders. Also I don't see how DMRs being able to score headshots on the first shot is any different with Glaz's rifle?

This game isn't all about kills. Softening up the enemies to the point where they are easy kills for the rest of the team is valuable too.

It was less a statement about DMRs being good and more about Glazs rifle being bad. Automatics are way better than either option since you can easily pop them in the head. If you want him to soften the enemy up, have him break Rook armor on a bodyshot.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The Duggler posted:

Actually if you're not top-fragging then you're trash.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

Pfox posted:

What situations do you think Glaz hanging around outside with his DMR rifle is more viable than having another automatic gun inside?

Pretty much any area where he can keep lurking outside the windows, preventing movement in point and downing nearly every operator in a single shot; reading your original post back, I kinda disagree with your assertion that most of the action in this game takes place away from exterior sight lines. That's true in plenty of points but in plenty of other points it's not.

And maybe in the pro-leagues it's different but in my experience even platinums aren't effortlessly scoring headshots out windows an observant player is locking down. Bodyshots have a very real place in this game and for those Glaz is still king.

I'm not saying he's a strong pick, but I also don't really think he's a particularly weak one, and the last thing I think this game needs is more L33T snipers every single round.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The DMR situation would be fixed if the everything-is-a-one-headshot-kill damage model were changed to something more sensible, like headshots doing 1.5* damage.

e; while we're at it, implement the above, make everyone always DBNO once by default, and change Rook's armour plates to giving +20 HP so he's no longer mandatory on every single team.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 15, 2016

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Headshots as instant kills too ingrained in the game at this point I think for any change to it to not be disastrous. I'd like to see bodyshots do more damage in general though.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Also Glaz shouldn't be hanging around outside.

Early game yes he is great for holding down external breach points while the rest of the team moves in, but once the team is in he needs to be right with them.

His ability to one shot down at close range is a huge threat and creates an insane amount of pressure on the defending team since they essentially can't peek if Glaz is holding a long angle on them.

Unless you are jeynos with massive nuts and a mac11.

IceOrb fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 15, 2016

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
If there's a Glaz on the enemy team I know that any area that is visible from outside even a little bit is immediately a no-go, and that's more area than you'd think. Plus Castle barricades just became your enemy as he'll punch through them like he doesn't give a gently caress and you can't do that back. And yeah, inside, if he's got a hallway locked down it's locked down good, you can't trade with him (unless he's bad but that caveat extends to nullify any operator really)

As others have said, he's not a great pick all the time, but he's got his perks enough that he's my most played attacker. Some maps I will never pick him on, but others he can do some real work.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

IceOrb posted:

Early game yes he is great for holding down external breach points while the rest of the team moves in, but once the team is in he needs to be right with them.

His ability to one shot down at close range is a huge threat and creates an insane amount of pressure on the defending team since they essentially can't peak if Glaz is holding a long angle on them.

Unless you are jeynos with massive nuts and a mac11.

Far too many posts before this was mentioned. The one shot power indoors in really intimidating.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

They should buff the Spetsnaz guys but Glaz is a cool dude.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
A burst-fire weapon indoors will do a better job of holding an angle, and its operator will have additional gear to assist with a push.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

IceOrb posted:

A Glaz who's good at peaking windows can be pretty loving scary. His gun means that even if you're just shooting someone's boot, it'll kill you really quick.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Everyone is wrong and should play Twitch using the FAMAS; the objectively best weapon in the game.

I won't hear anything else on this matter.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
There's 3 guns in the game I absolutely fear above all others: SMG-11; Famas, R-4C, in that order. SMG-11 being pinpoint accurate ACOG forever is hilarious.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Party Plane Jones posted:

Change Fuze's gadget to have a flash grenade option and suddenly he becomes amazingly viable in every game mode versus being used to clear ADS in rooms in 2.

Speaking of, weren't we supposed to be getting new/different game modes by this point in the DLC release lineup?

New game modes were undated. They were sort of nebulously advertised as "plus: new modes + cosmetics".

Gunder
May 22, 2003

There's 3 guns in the game I absolutely fear above all others: SMG-11; Famas, R-4C, in that order. SMG-11 being pinpoint accurate ACOG forever is hilarious.

I'm pretty surprised that this has never been changed. Having the loving SMG-11 as the headshot machine is ridiculous.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I use him to punch a tiny hole in a barricade near the objective and wait for any movement inside that hole and I just start blasting.

Like someone said, even 1 body shot downs someone. Then some poor idiot comes to pick the first target up and I start blasting again. Who needs precision when they are less than 10 meters away?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

pedro0930 posted:

I've noticed that it seems you can shoot out thermite's charge even if he placed it on a reinforced trap door. At first I thought it's because I shot out the entire trap door (leaving only the reinforcement). After further observation, any gun can shoot out thermite's charge through reinforced trap door. You can destroy the charge both while it's burning or just placed, too.

Yeah one guy did this to two of my charges in one round so when I figured it out I started doing it to other people. I assume it's spreading like this.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Why, I'd love to defend, if I could loving see outside worth a drat.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Why, I'd love to defend, if I could loving see outside worth a drat.

In my experience, the attackers can't see poo poo either, the inside will look really dark to them. I've noticed that Glaz's scope helps somewhat.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

(not mine)

https://gfycat.com/BossyDependableAustralianshelduck

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Gunder posted:

In my experience, the attackers can't see poo poo either, the inside will look really dark to them. I've noticed that Glaz's scope helps somewhat.

Yeah it's intentional, you're not really meant to be engaging in the windows.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Don't make fun of catterpillar montagne, he'll sprout into a beautiful butterfly

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

a beautiful riot shield butterfly with 2 huge riot shield wings.

Finally, my dream from Modern Warfare 2 of duel-wielding riot shields and flying up to the Harrier and dropkicking it will become a reality :allears:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just had the best round match of my Siege career (11-0). Nothing spectacular but seemed to always be in the right spot at the right time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BceYn4fmqS4

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 16, 2016

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
11 kills in one round? I don't think so mate.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wooper posted:

I always get round and match mixed up :(

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

alf_pogs posted:

definitely feelin some of the vertical sound weirdness

https://streamable.com/0skt

This is a bit absurd; unless all the sounds are coming through the half inch sliver not covered by the zodiac wall. Even then, these people were on the roof.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 16, 2016

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Wooper posted:

Start a Hostage game, kill all four of your teammates, proceed to kill almost all of the enemy team, then bargain with the last one for a suicide pact with C4 on top of the hostage :smug:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Sound propagation isn't completely hosed.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Aug 16, 2016

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Now THATS a new bug I have never seen.
After killing a person using the animation cancel trick I lost my heartbeatsensor. It also dissapeared in the iconbar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Paradigmata posted:

Now THATS a new bug I have never seen.
After killing a person using the animation cancel trick I lost my heartbeatsensor. It also dissapeared in the iconbar

I've had that happen to me before, but with cameras for Valkyrie.

Also, fix the game Hard:

https://streamable.com/qczc

• Locked thread