Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

The Berzerker posted:

this line really put me in the couch

It's not that kind of show!

What type of Jew do you want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Todd Glass, Matt Besser, Jon Gabrus :vince:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Drummers! Reverb! Silly dancing!

:swoon:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Love how combative and energetic this conversation is. Not far in yet, but already a grepisode.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Zsinjeh posted:

Todd Glass, :vince:

:vince:

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

feedmyleg posted:

Love how combative and energetic this conversation is. Not far in yet, but already a grepisode.
When Scott asks him if the drummer rehearses or he just kinda dicks around til he finds the beat had me loooooolllin

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I feel like I've heard Todd Glass talk about his parties on several different podcasts and they sound amazing. Dude loves to entertain and he comes up with all kinds of crazy poo poo for his guests.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

i am the bird posted:

I feel like I've heard Todd Glass talk about his parties on several different podcasts and they sound amazing. Dude loves to entertain and he comes up with all kinds of crazy poo poo for his guests.

Another good time to put this out there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WtBujEncAg

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That was definitely my favorite episode in ages. Just super fun through-and-through. Scott is the perfect foil for Todd's eccentricities, and I can't wait until he's finally (invited) on The Todd Glass Show. Kulap was a delight when she was on.

i am the bird posted:

Here, experience one for yourself:

e: beaten!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the episodes where the guest/s steamroll scott are the best

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

That was definitely my favorite episode in ages. Just super fun through-and-through. Scott is the perfect foil for Todd's eccentricities, and I can't wait until he's finally (invited) on The Todd Glass Show. Kulap was a delight when she was on.

Here, experience one for yourself:

e: beaten!

Ha.

Honestly though I think Todd is so full of anxiety that he needs the faked fights and conflicts to let off some steam/energy. I like him but he's wound so goddamn tight.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

The Ape of Naples posted:

Ha.

Honestly though I think Todd is so full of anxiety that he needs the faked fights and conflicts to let off some steam/energy. I like him but he's wound so goddamn tight.

He uses his powers for good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7kz4K9ROZM

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I can't remember the ep but I'm sure he talked about this on one of his podcasts. Any early episode. Probably one with Rory Scovil.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

cams posted:

the episodes where the guest/s steamroll scott are the best

I loving love it when gabrus calls out nitpicky scott

I also want to try one of todd's poptart ice cream sandwiches

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

The Ape of Naples posted:

I can't remember the ep but I'm sure he talked about this on one of his podcasts. Any early episode. Probably one with Rory Scovil.

Think it mighta been U Talkin U2 To Me

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ManoliIsFat posted:

Think it mighta been U Talkin U2 To Me

Hm. Maybe both! I dunno it all blends together. I do vaguely remember him going on about a heckler and checking in with other people on the podcast to gauge whether he was wrong or right. He was right though.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I was relistening to UTU2TM over the weekend and the hardest I've ever heard Scott laugh is when Todd started talking about his live drums and reverb parties.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Todd's parties sound awesome and I like that he has rules like "leave poo poo alone in my house"

but the best part is that Scott tries to stop him and be like "wait, but you said" and Todd just refuses to even engage and continues with his train of thought

also that pilot of him camping with Pepitone, Galifianakis and Jon Dore sounds loving amazing. it sucks that Go90 won't let me watch it just because I'm Canadian

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I didn't read the full cast list so I thought it was strange they kept bringing up Dont Think Twice and then it was revealed Besser was in the studio.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'm going to listen to this podcast later, after work. Sounds great.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

padijun posted:

I loving love it when gabrus calls out nitpicky scott

I also want to try one of todd's poptart ice cream sandwiches

I want to eat his whole ice cream cake

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Listened to this ep and i got to say... Great ep. That's 3 really good silly episodes back to back with kroll/pally, Holland/Sanz, and Glass/Besser.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I love that the dumb, half-assed political satire Besser was trying to do got completely steamrolled by Todd.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

"Black people don't know how to swim. Hi it's me Horatio again I'm back."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

FitFortDanga posted:

I love that the dumb, half-assed political satire Besser was trying to do got completely steamrolled by Todd.

Thank Godd for Todd. Besser turned it around in the final segment but so much of that character was miserable. 15 minutes of a single punchline.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
A better punchline would have been the undecided voter being just really racist and stupid but really bad at trying to cover it up.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Thanks for the punchup.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I have some notes

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The first time in history anyone has ever told Besser to be more political.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The funniest thing in the episode was the thought that there's about to be an earnest Hamilton fan podcast on Earwolf.

beeman
May 7, 2008

I get that the mythbuster is a good get for the first episode in terms of attracting a broader audience, but for intranetwork promotion they def shoulda got benny schwaz

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

The funniest thing in the episode was the thought that there's about to be an earnest Hamilton fan podcast on Earwolf.

I'm pretty sure they created it out of spite after reading the posts of Rapidly Going Deaf.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
God, I love Todd Glass.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

besser likes to have people play off his characters but everyone in the room (except gabrus, bless his heart) was not particularly interested

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.go90.com/profiles/va_db923e6dd6ec45439ccf6b9686290b2b

What I love about this is, even when camping, Todd is like "can we add some crickets?" like adding a drummer to a party.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
RIP the TV show. 10 more episodes. I liked it

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Colonel Whitey posted:

RIP the TV show. 10 more episodes. I liked it

Yeah. I can't see it being on TV but maybe Seeso or some other streaming service. Plus it looks pretty insanely cheap to make, relatively speaking. It's like a slightly more involved Comedians Getting Coffee. I wonder if Tood could just put it out himself with just one fairly big sponsor.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Wrong TV show, the IFC CBB is ending, last 10 eps are in October. I'm really gonna miss it too, it was way more hit than miss despite the 40 episode season where I think they stretched a bit thin at times.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
That explains why he was pretty openly annoyed about IFC never promoting anything a few episodes back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GobiasIndustries posted:

Wrong TV show, the IFC CBB is ending, last 10 eps are in October. I'm really gonna miss it too, it was way more hit than miss despite the 40 episode season where I think they stretched a bit thin at times.

Ahhhh. It kinda makes sense though they put out a poo poo ton of episodes.

Both PFT and Scott have canceled shows. They need to combine forces for something new.