Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The idea of a whole group chipping in to have a full set of game books would make a lot more sense if the deal was something like "get five corebooks so you don't have to keep passing the one book around", rather than "the game box is so expensive that you need to defray it by splitting the cost across the group"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

KongGeorgeVII posted:

What are people's thoughts on Fields of Green?

It's from a reputable publisher with a history of successfully delivered kickstarter projects. The game itself is similar to Artipia's other game Among the Stars although it expands on the the premise and has you building an economy engine in addition to just racking up victory points.

Seems like an interesting little drafting game to me that should play pretty quickly. It helps that I think the art is quite pretty.

It on my watch list the Goon favorite rhado play through convinced me my wife might like it.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Ropes4u posted:

It on my watch list the Goon favorite rhado play through convinced me my wife might like it.

Yeah, the Rhado run through is what sold it to me.

I've had a look through the among the stars page on bgg and the biggest complaint with it seems to be that you didn't do anything with your cards after you placed them. The new mechanics with the harvests and water towers seems to change that and give you a lot more to consider when building your farm.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that was what kept me from getting AtS so I'm highly interested in this game (also I lack a farming game, a grave sin). However DMG (the Valeria people) are supposed to put out a new Kickstarter today which might pique my interest, and I probably can't afford both.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

gradenko_2000 posted:

The idea of a whole group chipping in to have a full set of game books would make a lot more sense if the deal was something like "get five corebooks so you don't have to keep passing the one book around", rather than "the game box is so expensive that you need to defray it by splitting the cost across the group"

Or at least 5 PDFs. As it is, they don't even have one PDF.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

The Gods War is live, and is already over half funded in about five minutes.

$125 for the base game
$135 for the 3-4 empire expansion
$100 each for monsters and neutral races
$60 for 3d buildings
$15 bucks for fancy dice
$450 for all of the above plus a nice selection of Glorantha pdfs

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

If you're a dice fan, PolyHero have their second set up, this time a wizard theme

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

If you're a dice fan, PolyHero have their second set up, this time a wizard theme

I saw someone on reddit say that the first set was pretty crap; very light, cheap plastic so they don't roll well. I mean, if you're going for these you're probably more interested in them from a novelty/aesthetic standpoint, but still.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Haystack posted:

$125 for the base game
$60 for 3d buildings
$15 bucks for fancy dice

Eleven people already backed at the $1000 level that adds a resin copy of every mini.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Evil Mastermind posted:

I saw someone on reddit say that the first set was pretty crap; very light, cheap plastic so they don't roll well. I mean, if you're going for these you're probably more interested in them from a novelty/aesthetic standpoint, but still.

News to me, mine haven't arrived yet.

Jedit posted:

Eleven people already backed at the $1000 level that adds a resin copy of every mini.

Nobody ever backs games on KS purely for boxes full of minis, it's always about the quality of the game.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 16, 2016

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I played with the warrior set a little bit at Gen Con and walked away thoroughly unimpressed.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Wow, both of those dice sets look like poo poo.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That game from the Valeria guys turned out to not be my cup of tea from the sounds of it, so I'm still in with the farm drafter for now. But there's still almost a month for something really interesting (yet also affordable) to show up.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I'm not sure how those d4's are supposed to be balanced to roll at all. And that's probably one of the more sane of those designs.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Kurieg posted:

I'm not sure how those d4's are supposed to be balanced to roll at all. And that's probably one of the more sane of those designs.
Are you supposed to spin them like a top?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Well my friend convinced me to back them with him, but more than a year and a bit later we still haven't got them. Though they should be here soon.

Once they get here I'm pretty sure they will be 'nice to look at' dice.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Kurieg posted:

MadScientistWorking posted:

Are you supposed to spin them like a top?

I believe these are mostly intricate variations of barrel dice.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Haystack posted:

$125 for the base game
$60 for 3d buildings
$15 bucks for fancy dice

Mother of god the expense!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
The base game is a good bit cheaper than Cthulhu Wars was, and that turned out to be pretty good without all the extra stuff right? This theme definitely appeals a lot more to me.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
How much money do you need to pay to have Maran Gor in the game?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Zanzibar Ham posted:

How much money do you need to pay to have Maran Gor in the game?

Think she might be the behemoth in the empires expansion?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Josef bugman posted:

Think she might be the behemoth in the empires expansion?

It's kinda hard to say... Would she be a giant dinosaur? There's a few Behemoths in the lore. On the other hand it's the Earth faction so it'd make sense.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Zanzibar Ham posted:

It's kinda hard to say... Would she be a giant dinosaur? There's a few Behemoths in the lore. On the other hand it's the Earth faction so it'd make sense.

I mean obviously the behemoth is it's own thing, but getting the earthshakers represented is always nice.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Henchmania is in the final 48 hours. Looks like a neat little card game with amazing art.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
So in order to get everything in Vampire Hunters, you need to spend at least $350 depending on where you are in the world.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Well, the as of yet untitled Rifts® Board Game upcoming kickstarter has been officially announced, look forward to the as of yet untitled Rifts® Board Game.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Well, the as of yet untitled Rifts® Board Game upcoming kickstarter has been officially announced, look forward to the as of yet untitled Rifts® Board Game.

Did they ever get all the Robotech they owed backers out the door, or is this a case of Kevin being a jerk again?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

So in order to get everything in Vampire Hunters, you need to spend at least $350 depending on where you are in the world.

Despite already having one mini-based encounter/crawl game not yet delivered via KS, I want to back this for some reason.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Kwyndig posted:

Did they ever get all the Robotech they owed backers out the door, or is this a case of Kevin being a jerk again?

It's being licensed to a Palladium freelancer (Carmen Bellaire) who's putting it out through his company (Rogue Heroes) as a first-time project.

So, its technically not Palladium doing the game. As for Robotech seeing a completed release:

:haw: :lol::lol: :haw:

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Kwyndig posted:

Take a guess

(Looking at the comments on the kickstarter, apparently Keven is picking a new manufacturer for wave 2+ of the products people pre-ordered and has been doing so for a while. And yes, that' picking a manufacturer for a 'relaunch' as well as still having a load of stuff to produce that people paid for back in 2013 (or was it 2012?)

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Hostage Negotiator: Crime Wave is in the last 24 hours. I've never played Hostage Negotiator, but it looks kinda fun. Back or don't back?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

YF19pilot posted:

Hostage Negotiator: Crime Wave is in the last 24 hours. I've never played Hostage Negotiator, but it looks kinda fun. Back or don't back?

I watched a few playthroughs on Youtube; it looked fun enough for me to back it.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Upon reflecting on my Cthulhu Wars pledge, I would say that Gods War is likely not worth it, just on the basis of cost and storage. Like, if it's close to Cthulhu Wars in terms of gameplay and mechanics, it'll be a good to great game, but actually thinking about how much money I could have spent on other games or other things in life that aren't gaming related (how vague and uncertain this statement is) just kind of upsets me in hindsight. Like I said, it probably won't be a bad game, but unless you're going to find secondary use for those miniatures, I'd probably give it a pass from a pure expense perspective.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Peas and Rice posted:

Numenera, The Strange, and No Thank You, Evil have all delivered more or less on time and have been decent products.
Numenera has been pretty successful, and is still releasing books from the last KS on schedule. I also suspect that the game will see a giant bump if Torment is as good as it looks.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

FRINGE posted:

Numenera has been pretty successful, and is still releasing books from the last KS on schedule. I also suspect that the game will see a giant bump if Torment is as good as it looks.

Isn't Torment pretty far behind schedule? Not that I fault Monte Cook for that. Even video game kickstarters that aren't obvious scams always wildly miss their target release dates.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

Isn't Torment pretty far behind schedule? Not that I fault Monte Cook for that. Even video game kickstarters that aren't obvious scams always wildly miss their target release dates.

I backed it so long ago that I can't even remember what the timeframe was. I think it was originally supposed to come out at the end of 2014? I actually bought the RPG based on how interesting the videogame looked, but it turned out to be dogshit. That pretty much killed my interest in the videogame.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Torment: Tides of Numenera Estimated delivery: Dec 2014

As of July 10 the game was playable form beginning to end, and entered open beta for all backers, but they don't plan to release until Q1 2017

Based on what everyone was posting, I was expecting the PolyHero wizard dice to struggle, but they've nearly doubled their $27k ask amount on the first day

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Aug 17, 2016

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

Torment: Tides of Numenera Estimated delivery: Dec 2014

As of July 10 the game was playable form beginning to end, and entered open beta for all backers, but they don't plan to release until Q1 2017

Based on what everyone was posting, I was expecting the PolyHero wizard dice to struggle, but they've nearly doubled their $27k ask amount on the first day

Well see you read criticism, but they put up dice which means it sells. Dice are the truest icon of a nerd, if I don't buy these how will I identify myself?
I'm a straight sucker for material dice. :ssh:

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

So, The Gods War kickstarter is explicitly charging EU backers for VAT, which has not-so-surprisingly caused some griping in the comments. Apparently this isn't something that other kickstarters have been doing? Anyway, Kingdom Death: Monster came up as an example of a similar campaign that didn't explicitly charge VAT, which got some interesting replies from the Peterson Games folks.

"Arthur [[i posted:

Peterson Games' PR guy[/i]]"]
I know Adam Poots of [Kingdom Death: Monster], and in fact, I pointed him to change his shippers because of issues with shipping, and I am well aware of what he actually paid on behalf of his backers. It wasn't pretty and I wouldnt be surepised if he would do it differently given tve chance tk do it again. Like him, we covered hundreds of thousands of dollars in shipping worldwide including all of the VAT charges for EU you for our original, first 2013 KS. Needless to say, we cannot cover hundreds of thousands of dollars in shipping for every project!

Sandy Peterson posted:

Kingdom Death Monster lost a lot of money on shipping. We actually helped them out, showing them the ropes, but they still nearly lost their shirts.

We ourselves got stuck paying an unexpected extra $50k on VAT when the EU changed its rules after the Cthulhu Wars campaign. All out of pocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I for one am shocked to learn that many TG gamers expect to receive everything for nothing, with all the costs absorbed by the company. Really they ought to set the goal lower too, $100,000 could easily fund a passionate team of 20 people for a year.