Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

nerdman42 posted:

It took me 27 episodes to realize Pat was the book in the Nier intro this whole time goddamit.

grimoire boivin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Idk Nier just isn't that interesting. The combat is very very boring and poo poo and the story doesn't make up for it to the point where it'd be interesting to watch.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Nobody's going to defend nier's combat

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Baal posted:

Lol it was outright said Mutton was one of the men of legend, hahahahahahah

Well, there are two schools of thought...

Also, way back when, was someone saying something about the Woolie eating Woolies getting taken out of the Mystery Box intros for some reason?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mystery Box's intro has always changed from entry to entry.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I though Nier's combat was kinda fun, especially the bosses.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

There's an lp of it running on these forums right now and he's been doing just guards with counters and charged attacks and using all the different magics and surprisingly it looks a lot better.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nier's combat would be fine if the game was 15 hours shorter than it is.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

lets hang out posted:

There's an lp of it running on these forums right now and he's been doing just guards with counters and charged attacks and using all the different magics and surprisingly it looks a lot better.
It's kinda absurd how little of the mechanics Pat is using.
"If he doesn't need to use them it's probably bad" is what someone would probably reply but...eh... showmanship and all.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I hope they do a followup with the secret ending, that's a good one

Catherine is truly a Shin Megami Tensei game, in that the Neutral ending is the only good one

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Marrying K is the only way that story arc makes any sense, funny though space tourism and the Catherine endings are.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Also, way back when, was someone saying something about the Woolie eating Woolies getting taken out of the Mystery Box intros for some reason?

At the time, it had seemed to me that they hadn't used that clip in a while and that maybe some people had thought that imagery was a little too extreme and complained, but I was obviously wrong.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

davidHalestorm posted:

The latest Disaster Reports on vessel is pretty great a Griffith-esque heel turn out of nowhere

Just saw it and it is amazing and perfect.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I like Stranger Things a lot but man that ending is rough

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Somehow watching Eyes of Heaven never seems to give me the real feeling of the game feeling like a Jojo film (something South Park paid off), so instead the match-ups, team-ups and interactions seem forced and minimal: "Oh hey new guy where am I do I know you? Oh hey this and that happened and this is what this does and-" WHY IS THIS ACTING SO loving WOODEN!? :psyduck:

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Rodyle posted:

I like Stranger Things a lot but man that ending is rough

The ending of the first season of seasons.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

EOH EP7

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KhWi0ayRYX4

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
christ, I am watching the latest demon souls archives and german spy is a human sandbag

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Megalixir posted:

The ending of the first season of seasons.

Itself a bad thing.

E: Woolie nobody gives a poo poo about this RPG Maker Pokemon game

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Aug 16, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Are they talking about Uranium? Feels like the only reason that's in the news is because it got traction and the attention of lawyers. Really ,the less coverage your Nintendo (or Pokemon Company) fangame gets, the better.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Keen on niche this week.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Rodyle posted:

Itself a bad thing.

"gee I sure didn't like that one finale episode with conclusion and foreshadowing!"
"I can't believe they have the audacity to make a second season!"

ok.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Captain Invictus posted:

christ, I am watching the latest demon souls archives and german spy is a human sandbag

This is the only reason I don't like the streams. I'm sure GS is great on his own channel and all, but he just killed the Demon's Souls videos for me completely.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Megalixir posted:

"gee I sure didn't like that one finale episode with conclusion and foreshadowing!"
"I can't believe they have the audacity to make a second season!"

ok.
I mean the loose threads are not my only problem with that finale but yes, it should just be 8 episodes and tie itself up. Endings aren't bad things.

A second season is fine if they intend to make it anthology style I guess.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rodyle posted:

Itself a bad thing.

Surely the super best friends will enjoy talking about it this time after spending meter sandbagging it last week!

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Just saw it and it is amazing and perfect.

When disaster inevitably hits my island nation, I like to think that I'm a Keith, instead of a Kelly, or worse, a Greg.

edit

God, these names are so generic.

davidHalestorm fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 16, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Woolie didn't get it, but here's the ending art for the other Catherine endings.

True Lovers
Good Cheaters
True Cheaters
Good Freedom
True Freedom

The bad endings have no ending art, but one of them does feature Vincent running out in the street to find Catherine after she rejects and disappears on him and he gets run over by a car.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Today, SBF get Uppers out of their system.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Baal posted:

Woolie didn't get it, but here's the ending art for the other Catherine endings.

True Lovers
Good Cheaters
True Cheaters
Good Freedom
True Freedom

The bad endings have no ending art, but one of them does feature Vincent running out in the street to find Catherine after she rejects and disappears on him and he gets run over by a car.

I love Vincent getting choked in good cheaters.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

At Uppers 14:00, Woolie dies

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I dug the ending of this week's podcast, they should do that more

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
uranium is a perfect example of people not getting how pokemon mechanics work and deciding to make a pokemon game

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Blockhouse posted:

uranium is a perfect example of people not getting how pokemon mechanics work and deciding to make a pokemon game

Could you elaborate on that?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rodyle posted:

Today, SBF get Uppers out of their system.

What is with SFB and really kind of boring-to-play beat-em-ups (read: Beat-em-ups) ?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Red Metal posted:

Could you elaborate on that?

Ur dead mom who got killed in a nuclear power plant explosion is reincarnated as the game's Main legendary and you catch her as part of the plot.

There's a pokemon a 'boss' trainer uses That is faster than Deoxys Speed with attack rivaling Deoxys Attack and he's near the end of a 7 in a row gauntlet battle that you have to do all over if you can't beat the thing that can easily 1 shot basically every pokemon ever made.

And they stole the Shadow Type gimmick from Colosseum/XD but made it x2 Effective against everything and x2 weak to everything but that doesn't matter if the thing is fast enough it will just poo poo on everything.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
YouTube upload of the ConBravo Mario Party Super Feud if anyone needs it

It's really telling that the Best Friends were the only group in that panel to make me consistently laugh

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Ur dead mom who got killed in a nuclear power plant explosion is reincarnated as the game's Main legendary and you catch her as part of the plot.

There's a pokemon a 'boss' trainer uses That is faster than Deoxys Speed with attack rivaling Deoxys Attack and he's near the end of a 7 in a row gauntlet battle that you have to do all over if you can't beat the thing that can easily 1 shot basically every pokemon ever made.

And they stole the Shadow Type gimmick from Colosseum/XD but made it x2 Effective against everything and x2 weak to everything but that doesn't matter if the thing is fast enough it will just poo poo on everything.

hahaha, this game sounds hilariously dumb. i'd be tempted to try it out if not for that boss gauntlet poo poo. how far in is it? i might still take a look

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
What zen master said but also the game just Doesn't loving Work, Mate on a mechanical level. it's random "cool" ideas with no thought of how they interact.

like here's a friend's description of the very first battle

quote:

your rival gets stuck with the starter that has a type disadvantage to you and the first rival battle is I guess supposed to effectively be a tutorial on type advantages/disadvantages because the game's professor will whine at you for not taking advantage of type stuff if you lose to your rival.

The grass starter only has scratch and growl as its starting moves (fire and grass starters start with ember/watergun along with a physical move), so it's actually not able to do any of that and the water starter will end up beating it anyway in the first fight because growl does nothing to weaken water gun and the water starter's ability (because it's ~~water/electric~~) causes a pokemon that drops it below half health to be paralyzed.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

What is with SFB and really kind of boring-to-play beat-em-ups (read: Beat-em-ups) ?

In this case it's more an obsession with some fighting game artist and dumb anime poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

In this case it's more an obsession with some fighting game artist and dumb anime poo poo.

specifically woolie's