Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Summer Transfers
This poll is closed.
Your dad's dick 46 21.50%
Manchesters 20 9.35%
ITK Taff 51 23.83%
What's his name 72 33.64%
London 25 11.68%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Simon Kjær is a good CB, but he is only marginally faster than Mertesacker so I'm not really sure its what Arsene is after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Hart possibly getting loaned out lol.

Top level career over in the space of a few months.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

this is doing things for me

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

not not luvd posted:

Hart possibly getting loaned out lol.

Top level career over in the space of a few months.

He was always a bit thick and he just never learned, pretty soon we'll be calling him a "good shot stopper".

He's like the opposite of what Pep wants but he will be good at the right club.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Brendan Rodgers posted:

He was always a bit thick and he just never learned, pretty soon we'll be calling him a "good shot stopper".

He's like the opposite of what Pep wants but he will be good at the right club.

The right club in league two maybe.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Hart was great at Birmingham

Come back Joe :(

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I can't believe that man city are set to swoop for owls ace kieron Westwood but two clean sheets against villa and Norwich tell their own story

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Hart is still a very good keeper imo.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Ewar Woowar posted:

He is, but as Brendan Rodgers said, he's the opposite of what Pep wants

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Imagine Pep trying to coach Hart into becoming a Manuel Neuer sweeper keeper, it'd be so funny it'd almost be worth it

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Imagine Pep trying to coach Hart into becoming a Manuel Neuer sweeper keeper, it'd be so funny it'd almost be worth it

If Pep had a work ethic. he'd try to do that. Instead, Pep took the lazy option of playing Caballero because Caballero happened to be available at training camp earlier.

Some people really are just afraid of working hard.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Forestieri linked with derby (1 point from 2 games) and newcastle (0 pponts from 2 games) has apologised for sulking on Saturday and could travel to Burton tomorrow.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Pereyra to Watford for €15m is done, according to Di Marzio.

I hope he does well.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Ewar Woowar posted:

He makes absolute failtard errors way too regularly to be "very good", I mean he's not bad but United, Chelsea, Arsenal and even Spurs have better keepers. City can do better basically

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He's homegrown, which allows City to register an additional lovely foreign player outfield.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Paperhouse posted:

He makes absolute failtard errors way too regularly to be "very good", I mean he's not bad but United, Chelsea, Arsenal and even Spurs have better keepers. City can do better basically
Yeah they can do better if they spend a ton (which is what they'll do) but Hart would still be a good player for most clubs.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
especially mid table clubs like Liverpool

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Villa have signed Jedinak, he's class in the Championship

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Rumor now is that Pep is trying to get Bravo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

blue footed boobie posted:

He signed Park Chu Young and Andre Santos that very same week.

It seems obvious that he's waiting until the end of the window when he thinks all of the teams get desperate to offload their players and he can cash in on the deals. The problem is that big deadline day deals are getting fewer and fewer every year. That's why his last few deadline day transfers have been Welbeck and Kim Kallstrom with a literal broken back.

I already forgot that Welbeck is an Arsenal player because he's injured about as much as Wilshere

Wenger's probably gonna do something dumb and I'm gonna be sad about it

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

hadji murad posted:

especially mid table clubs like Liverpool

I believe you guys also qualify for that now.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

triple sulk posted:

I already forgot that Welbeck is an Arsenal player because he's injured about as much as Wilshere

Wenger's probably gonna do something dumb and I'm gonna be sad about it

It's almost as bad as Woodward trying to sign Muller. After this weekend, the whole world knows that Arsenal need a centre back. If Wenger thinks Mustafi is good enough for the job then he needs to just bite the bullet, sign him, and remember to do his deals earlier next year. Waiting will just mean losing another game, followed by Valencia raising the price a bit more knowing that Wenger is desperate. Releasing a list with Kjaer on it is fooling absolutely nobody. It's quite dangerous as well when Chelsea and United are both considering new centre back signings and Mustafi wouldn't do City any harm either.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

straight up brolic posted:

Jedi is a good player but only if he's never asked to pass further than about 5 meters

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Simone Poodoin posted:

Rumor now is that Pep is trying to get Bravo

he'll have to win the champions league to get that sort of praise haha

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Ewar Woowar posted:

I believe you guys also qualify for that now.

one year not thirty

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Bogan Krkic posted:

Jedi is a good player but only if he's never asked to pass further than about 5 meters

Our current midfield can't pass at all so it's an improvement. Also he isn't a weak gently caress who would get overrun by an under-16's team so it's all good.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Frankston posted:

Our current midfield can't pass at all so it's an improvement. Also he isn't a weak gently caress who would get overrun by an under-16's team so it's all good.

Yeah he's beefy as hell and works insanely hard, he's got decent technique and can hit a free kick but goddamn if you shoulder any passing responsibility on him he will throw it away constantly and then collapse and start just kicking the poo poo out of the opposition instead

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

straight up brolic posted:

Jedinak as in Mile Jedinak?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Twat le Piss posted:

Jedinak as in Mile Jedinak?

Yeah. It's not official yet but our owner has tweeted that it's just a case of getting his work visa sorted out now.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Scikar posted:

remember to do his deals earlier next year

ah yes, he should have predicted that two of his center backs would be injured a week before the season started. typical wenger.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

wicka posted:

ah yes, he should have predicted that two of his center backs would be injured a week before the season started. typical wenger.

Mert was injured nearly three weeks before the season started OP

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Palace have had their 23m rising to 30m offer for benteke REJECTED by Liverpool

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Mert was injured nearly three weeks before the season started OP

oh wow, THREE weeks, this changes everything

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

wicka posted:

oh wow, THREE weeks, this changes everything

In that time, Liverpool got Klavan in and acclimated enough to start the first game. For £5m.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
they let in 3 goals so not all that well acclimatised

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

tarbrush posted:

In that time, Liverpool got Klavan in and acclimated enough to start the first game. For £5m.

arsenal needs the exact opposite of a 30 year old

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Breath Ray posted:

Palace have had their 23m rising to 30m offer for benteke REJECTED by Liverpool

wtf really?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

wicka posted:

Yeah who needs a competent backup, injuries to Arsenals twink squad are pretty rare

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

wicka posted:

What does this even mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

wicka posted:

I don't think you're going to find a minus 30 year old but if anyone can do it its Wenger

• Locked thread