Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerreh
Jan 29, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Gold's Gym trying their hand at a little social media advertising.

The comments called them on their poo poo, thankfully.

They're right though :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I pity the poor woman that looks like that. No arms or legs or even a head.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

Look out for my new YA dystopia trilogy, The City of People Who Didn't Have Whooping Cough.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

youtube_comments.jpg

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

(not censoring since it's a public page) ((also you can see I'm a bald and beardy bastard since idgaf)
I feel like an rear end in a top hat and almost screaming "ableism" here but what the gently caress is that image even supposed to mean? For some people even pulling one of those at 10% is all they can loving muster let alone apparently doing all ten of them all the time.

This is literally douchebag.png Holy poo poo.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Tracula posted:

(not censoring since it's a public page) ((also you can see I'm a bald and beardy bastard since idgaf)
I feel like an rear end in a top hat and almost screaming "ableism" here but what the gently caress is that image even supposed to mean? For some people even pulling one of those at 10% is all they can loving muster let alone apparently doing all ten of them all the time.
On the other hand, Guns of August is totally worth reading.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Michaellaneous posted:

youtube_comments.jpg

That reply tho

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:ancap: from imgur

At least the second top comment is:

quote:

Anarcho-capitalism. It is its own punchline.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Your Computer posted:

At least the second top comment is:[i]

When I see stuff like this the first thing that goes through my head is "Just say friend of the family. Just say it and get it out of your system. Please just call them all niggers you'll feel better about yourself. Use the Chris Rock Defense. Please just do it already."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I say roughly the same thing to myself every time I drive by the biker bar near where I live that has giant glossy COPS LIVES MATTER banners hung on all three street-facing sides.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Your Computer posted:

At least the second top comment is:[i]

I'm the representation of myself with a comb over

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Tracula posted:

I feel like an rear end in a top hat and almost screaming "ableism" here but what the gently caress is that image even supposed to mean?

It means "Everyone, please try."

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

It means "Everyone, please try."

Meanwhile a pew research poll found that 13% of people world wide have jobs that they find fulfilling

Edit: My bad, it was a Gallup poll. The Pepsi to Pew's Coca Cola

Twerkteam Pizza has a new favorite as of 15:41 on Aug 16, 2016

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Tracula posted:

Call me ableist if you must but if you can't be on time for work I'm not going to give you a pass because its ~hard~.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

if you have passion for your job you're either really really lucky or broken on the inside.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I love how they blurred out McLovin's ID card thinking that's a real person and not Superbad.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

BigglesSWE posted:

This is loving retched. My brother is mentally handicapped, not by choice obviously, but yeah. "Waste of resources" according to dr Mengele here. I guess Aktion T4 still has some supporters even to this day.

gently caress these nazi waste of carbon and oxygen shits.

You just need to teach your brother a useful skill, such as posting memes on imgur.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Ularg posted:

I love how they blurred out McLovin's ID card thinking that's a real person and not Superbad.

Those all sound like privileges to me, not rights.

To contribute:

So thick that even Imgur is seeing through it (somewhat). Most of the comments are "why don't we fix both!!!!!" but a few people have pointed out how using the images of people of color in power as a way to try and prove that "racism is over" is really, really gross.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Ularg posted:

"Right to travel?" You cannot go anywhere by any means unless you have a driver's license I guess.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Electric Lady posted:

No, you see, it's a GOD GIVEN RIGHT to kill people and destroy the environment. Which means that licenses are evil!

Sovereign citizens are honestly my favorite kind of crazy people, they just believe that craziest poo poo, that makes no sense after even just a second of rational thought.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Electric Lady posted:

To contribute:

So thick that even Imgur is seeing through it (somewhat). Most of the comments are "why don't we fix both!!!!!" but a few people have pointed out how using the images of people of color in power as a way to try and prove that "racism is over" is really, really gross.

"I interviewed this man the other day... Interesting take on Black Lives Matter/Blue Lives Matter."

quote:

"I don't get all this 'Black Lives Matter' - 'Blue Lives Matter' divide. I been around here since '57 and I never been to jail. All I see now are these young-in's running around getting shot because they think they can do whatever they want. That's not how it works, but you can't tell them that. I know what real racism looks like and I haven't seen the likes of that ugly face in years. What needs to happen is unity. Respect your fellow man and 99% of the time, they'll respect you back no matter what you look like. I'm living proof of that."

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Your Computer posted:

"I interviewed this man the other day... Interesting take on Black Lives Matter/Blue Lives Matter."

Ugh, my arm is shaking a bit. The instant pairing of BLM with a phrase that was circulated to discredit it is the first sign.

Making a it a youth vs. elders thing is also gross because 1) So many internet people who think they're smart just because they say "kids these days" even though they're 20. and 2) "See, it isn't about race!!!"

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Data Graham posted:

I say roughly the same thing to myself every time I drive by the biker bar near where I live that has giant glossy COPS LIVES MATTER banners hung on all three street-facing sides.

Because bikers have had a great relationship with law enforcement over the years duh. Totally not because they're racist. Nope.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Electric Lady posted:

To contribute:

My girlfriend showed me an interview with this sheriff the other day to show me how great his points were. All I got from him in the whole interview was "nuh-uh, those figures weren't true, they're lying" but nothing backing up those claims.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Question Mark Mound posted:

My girlfriend showed me an interview with this sheriff the other day to show me how great his points were. All I got from him in the whole interview was "nuh-uh, those figures weren't true, they're lying" but nothing backing up those claims.

Sever.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

timp posted:

gently caress man, Imgur almost makes you long for the simple racism of YouTube comments. I think Imgur's racism is so hard to take because it comes from a place of perceived intelligence, like they really thought it through and metered racism is their conscious choice. I'd rather get a quick drive by dose of comically overblown racism from YouTube than what Imgur serves up on a daily basis.

What's that you say? Imgur puts racism on the front page? Why I--

http://imgur.com/gallery/Kz7Pa

Capture below just in case Imgur's rumored mods actually moderate things like they claim to do.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
"Couldn't be a cleaner shoot." A white person who gets shot by cops is seen as a person, no matter what horrible thing they did. A black person who gets shot by cops is seen as wild game.

I'm gonna go scream into the couch cushions.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I was curious, so I took a look and it's still unclear if the suspect actually pointed the gun at the cops.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

chitoryu12 posted:

I was curious, so I took a look and it's still unclear if the suspect actually pointed the gun at the cops.

Um did you miss the color of his skin?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

When has that ever stopped racists?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
There are people who still believe Zimmermans story that Martin was an action movie villain.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Is "he dindu nuffin" a popular thing? Because goddamn that pisses me off quite a bit.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ It's a racist meme

Gaunab posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/TRukC0V

The title is "MRW my black gf invites me to join BLM protest, but I'm asian." and I feel like it was a trap people fell for hook, line and sinker.

On the bright side, it looks like most of the top rated comments are making fun of the image or talking about how racist the imgur user base is.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Maybe they wouldn't have had riots if they released the video quickly. They kept saying how it would "hurt their investigation", yet they're never called out on that bullshit. Want to prevent riots? Make police immediately justify their actions.

fake edit: Imgur gets a lot of poo poo, but if you look at the 2nd or 3rd comment in any really racist post, there's someone calling them out. The problem is that that comment isn't 1st, and there are dozens of deplorable comments below that. At least give a little credit to those guys telling people that they're abhorrent shitheels.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Electric Lady posted:

"Couldn't be a cleaner shoot." A white person who gets shot by cops is seen as a person, no matter what horrible thing they did. A black person who gets shot by cops is seen as wild game.

I'm gonna go scream into the couch cushions.

Speaking of "clean shots," isn't this the same incident where one of the cops' body cameras showed another officer in his line of fire as he shot at the fleeing car?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Dr Christmas posted:

Speaking of "clean shots," isn't this the same incident where one of the cops' body cameras showed another officer in his line of fire as he shot at the fleeing car?

Nope. Completely different. The one you're talking about happened in Chicago.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Ok Fella posted:

Is "he dindu nuffin" a popular thing? Because goddamn that pisses me off quite a bit.

Dindu is how racists say friend of the family without getting in trouble.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

It's the less dogwhistle version of Urban Youth or Thug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

HiroProtagonist posted:

What's that you say? Imgur puts racism on the front page? Why I--

http://imgur.com/gallery/Kz7Pa

Capture below just in case Imgur's rumored mods actually moderate things like they claim to do.

:shepface: this one has been uploaded, reported and taken down at least five times since yesterday. People keep reuploading it.