Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
yeah sticking the pencil in the Lightning port is just loving gross design wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

theres an adapter for the lighting port that my iphone uses. even if its plugged into the ipad it charges pretty quickly and lasts forever

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The apple pencil would perhaps have been acceptable if the lightning connector was some sort of breakaway magsafe thing instead of a crowbar for breaking your ipad

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

cremnob posted:

someone do a round up of all the posts about the ipad pro and the pencil in yospos when it was announced
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3739839 go nuts. here's a sampler

infernal machines posted:

only three years late, apple releases the microsoft surface

Ben Grahams Ghost posted:

is that an earthquake I feel here in san jose?

nope just stebe rolling in his grave so hard it registers on richter scale

poty posted:

i cant lie anymore. this is loving garbage. useless poo poo. steve. im sorry. i have failed you steve. please forgive me

Smythe posted:

stymie was right, of course. close YOSPOS

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
word
on the street is that it's good but no one in their right mind has a reason to use or lacks enough dignity

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Stymie posted:

it is quite dumb, in fact

here's photographic evidence:

lmao nice dect phone base station

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ipad hueg is a fantastic bit of kit, but unless you can justify blowing nearly a thousand quid on a content consumption device you don't need it.

you'll never use it for 'office work', Surface p. much holds all those cards.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I'm just so excited and can't wait to jam my dongle into my phone until music spurts out.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
harambe would've used android

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

peramene posted:

so you're saying he deserved to be shot

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Stymie posted:

it is quite dumb, in fact

here's photographic evidence:

this kills the mouse

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

can i get this in space gray please

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

finally, recognition

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

ipad hueg is a fantastic bit of kit, but unless you can justify blowing nearly a thousand quid on a content consumption device you don't need it.

wrong again

quote:

Sales of high-end iPads to business customers in particular have been strong. Nearly half of all iPads are now bought by corporations and governments, according to the research firm Forrester.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/08/technology/once-taunted-by-steve-jobs-companies-are-now-big-customers-of-apple.html?_r=0

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

well yeah. ipads are cheaper and smaller than a pc and suitable for running whatever web app garbage du jour the office or government drones need to operate at 0.5 mph

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
ipads are also useful to managers that have a dozen staff dedicated to curating the ipad content

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

it's finally happened just like i predicted

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-16/intel-licenses-arm-technology-in-move-to-boost-foundry-business

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

the final step will be spinning off the foundry business

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

this marks the final victory of apple over intel. the newly chastened intel will grovel at apple's feet for an A-series chip contract

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Corporate, Government IT waste money chasing fad. Film at 11.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

"The thing you have to remember is that this was before the iPhone was introduced and no one knew what the iPhone would do... At the end of the day, there was a chip that they were interested in that they wanted to pay a certain price for and not a nickel more and that price was below our forecasted cost. I couldn't see it. It wasn't one of these things you can make up on volume. And in hindsight, the forecasted cost was wrong and the volume was 100x what anyone thought."

It was the only moment I heard regret slip into Otellini's voice during the several hours of conversations I had with him. "The lesson I took away from that was, while we like to speak with data around here, so many times in my career I've ended up making decisions with my gut, and I should have followed my gut," he said. "My gut told me to say yes."

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

i use it at work constantly its great for note taking

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

daaawwwww

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

peramene posted:

BAN 08/16/16 05:21pm peramene Bragged about cranking off to this http://store.steampowered.com/app/426000/ without being prompted

yep that's an android user all right

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sudo Echo posted:

BAN 08/16/16 05:21pm peramene Bragged about cranking off to this http://store.steampowered.com/app/426000/ without being prompted

yep that's an android user all right

lmao

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cool thanks for the article link

now defend the impending dongle disaster for iphone 7

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
intel is gearing up to produce the arm chips for the iphone dongles.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

zen death robot posted:

noice

I thought Intel was doomed according to that one retard that everyone voted to let keep posting here

they clearly are if they're licensing arm just to prostrate themselves before a consumer electronics has-been that enjoys a rounding error of market share in all but the mobile space, where they're still behind loving samsung, of all companies

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
pa-risc is set to make a big comeback, i just know it

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

peramene posted:

Sorry I'm so embarrassed about this, but I mostly want to share this to plunge for ideas -- SO both of my partners are into opposing forms of petplay, one is really into being treated like a puppy and is into hardcore humiliation besides, the other is really into being treated like a kitten and is into being pampered and stuff. The thing is, their relationship together is almost wholly defined by this. They rapidly oscillate between sort of being okay with each other and being REALLY not okay with each other, which can make things complex in our iso-triad. Recently during a little bit of experimentation, okay, stay with me, the cat figured out that it's fun - not hot, but fun - to top the dog in a very sort of traditional fashion, playing with the ball, throwing the rope or bone, that sort of thing. But I'm worried - since cat-partner and myself are white and dog-partner is black - about the racial overtones that might be present here. How can I sorta encourage this... fun? without facilitating a racially oppressive environment for the puppy? Thanks everybody!!

:whitewater:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lololololololol

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

:jazzhands:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

infernal machines posted:

a consumer electronics has-been that enjoys a rounding error of market share in all but the mobile space, where they're still behind loving samsung, of all companies

the most profitable company in the world as described by a yosposter.

• Locked thread