Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJI-eYSgRR8/

So ya boy Henry Cavill just posted this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

feedmyleg posted:

Good news, folks! Doctor Strange has been rated PG-13 for...

gently caress yeah.

I don't know D-Strange, is this....good?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I wish kaleidoscopic galactic intensity was a real rating signifier used by the MPAA and not just a promotional tweet from the film's director.

I mean I now there's been some slight promise but like 95% of this movie is going to be dudes walking around sternly in Midtown.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Neo Rasa posted:

I wish kaleidoscopic galactic intensity was a real rating signifier used by the MPAA and not just a promotional tweet from the film's director.

I mean I now there's been some slight promise but like 95% of this movie is going to be dudes walking around sternly in Midtown.

Come on man, it's Doctor Strange! There will be 100% more freaky laser triangles and bizarre spacescapes then the other Marvel films! Get with it!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Scyantific posted:

Balls. It's balls.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Scyantific posted:

This supports the possible Evil Superman theory.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Sort of. They say that he gradually winded down his time as Batman over the years and let the police take over. He hasn't been doing any Batman-ing for a couple of years when DKR STARTS.

I'm almost positive they say that the Batman hasn't been seen since the night of Dent's death.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Rhyno posted:

It's clearly a black and white shot of blue electro-Superman :rolleyes:

Seriously though Cavill is great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

It's clearly a black and white shot of blue electro-Superman :rolleyes:

Seriously though Cavill is great.

Cavill just seems like he's having a blast.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Rhyno posted:

Or it's just a visual reference to the comic book Superman resurrection arc, which is exactly what Grade AAA Superman Fan Zack Snyder would do.

Being Zack Snyder though I'm sure he REALLY wants Superman to clown the rest of the Justice League to show how great he is, so I wouldn't be surprised if Superman shows up A Little Bit Evil.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Or it's just a visual reference to the comic book Superman resurrection arc, which is exactly what Grade AAA Superman Fan Zack Snyder would do.

Being Zack Snyder though I'm sure he REALLY wants Superman to clown the rest of the Justice League to show how great he is, so I wouldn't be surprised if Superman shows up A Little Bit Evil.

I've seen numerous rumors that the resurrected Superman is brainwashed by Darkseid to fight the newly assembled League.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Rhyno posted:

I've seen numerous rumors that the resurrected Superman is brainwashed by Darkseid to fight the newly assembled League.

if this is straight out of STAS then I dig it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I'm sure he will.

For about 5 minutes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

REMEMBER

MARTHA

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
REMEMBER
THE
PISS

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

I haven't heard any specific rumors but it seems to be the way the story is going just based on BvS. Flash's warning to Batman was about Superman, and we know Darkseid is the big bad in all this. All signs point to that storyline from the animated series.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I hope they don't do that. It is way too cliche and there is a 100% chance he gets knocked on the head with a kryptonite frying pan to regain his memory.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Batman in the interim is probably scouring the earth for all of the remaining kryptonite.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It wouldn't be a good story, he finally earned the world's trust by dying, if he came back evil the world would just be more cynical than ever, why would anyone ever trust him again?

Violator
May 15, 2003

WampaLord posted:

Seems to be very little time between Begins and TDK, given that they say at the very end of Begins that Joker has just shown up.

I saw a timeline where someone broke down the events of Begins and TDK, and it turns out Batman was only around for like six months or something crazy short like that before he went into hiding.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I'd appreciate a moment where the cliche "remember who you are" happens, Evil Superman laughs and ignores their cheesy attempts, and then the real Superman flies outta nowhere and kicks his rear end. And then it turns out Darkseid and Evil Superman were just shapeshifting Martians... ok I'll stop now.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Martman posted:

I'd appreciate a moment where the cliche "remember who you are" happens, Evil Superman laughs and ignores their cheesy attempts, and then the real Superman flies outta nowhere and kicks his rear end. And then it turns out Darkseid and Evil Superman were just shapeshifting Martians... ok I'll stop now.

No no. It was the Eradicator! Or Hank Henshaw!

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

roffels posted:

No no. It was the Eradicator! Or Hank Henshaw!

Or Superboy playing a mean prank!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm pretty sure it's Jimmy Olsen turning Superman into a computer!

STOP ALL THE DOWNLOADIN'!!!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Rhyno posted:

How is this a rumor? It's extremely obvious that this is what was happening during Batman's dream sequence in BvS. The only way I can see that you didn't get that is if you had no idea who Darkseid was.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Timby posted:

I'm almost positive they say that the Batman hasn't been seen since the night of Dent's death.

They do. As said by Joseph Gordon Levitt "It's about that night, this night, eight years ago. The night Dent died, the last confirmed sighting of the Batman. He murders those people, takes down two SWAT teams, breaks Dent's neck and then just... vanishes?".

The reason that Bruce uses a cane in Dark Knight Rises is due to the fall he took at the end of The Dark Knight, as he runs back to his Bike when the cops are chasing him you can clearly see him run lopsided because his leg is hosed up, a condition worsened by eight years of moping around and probably a lack of decent stretching and extensions.

Violator posted:

I saw a timeline where someone broke down the events of Begins and TDK, and it turns out Batman was only around for like six months or something crazy short like that before he went into hiding.

I hated this when Dark Knight Rises came out but have sort of come around to it, comic books are serialized and go on forever, but films have a definite end point and there's always a limit to the amount of sequels one can realistically do before you have to do the dreaded reboot. Batman in the comics is a constant in Gotham, he's just a part of the city and that's cool, but I also kind of like Nolan's interpretation where Batman was this crazy weird thing that happened once, it passed and people moved on with their lives and he dissipated into legend and hearsay.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Gonna need super-toothpicks to clean the post war dirt from all those little edges.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Rhyno posted:

Cavill just seems like he's having a blast.

Like I keep saying, my main issue with Superman in the movies is that he seems like he's loving miserable all the time, and Henry Cavill seems like such a nice loving guy, I just wish a fraction of that joy made it onto the screen. I suppose bathtub sex is the happiest I'm ever going to see Superman.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Marky Marx posted:

Like I keep saying, my main issue with Superman in the movies is that he seems like he's loving miserable all the time, and Henry Cavill seems like such a nice loving guy, I just wish a fraction of that joy made it onto the screen. I suppose bathtub sex is the happiest I'm ever going to see Superman.

The flight scene from the first film pretty well encapsulates his character, including the fall being representative of his death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlINHSnUx9k

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Karloff posted:

They do. As said by Joseph Gordon Levitt "It's about that night, this night, eight years ago. The night Dent died, the last confirmed sighting of the Batman. He murders those people, takes down two SWAT teams, breaks Dent's neck and then just... vanishes?".

Yeah, that's his whole plan at the end of the Dark Knight. He needs the gangsters that Harvey arrested to stay in jail, so he takes the rap for all the crimes that Harvey did and then never shows up again.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Scyantific posted:

Lord Jesus put a mullet on him.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Lord Jesus put a mullet on him.
Just replace Cavill with Danny McBride

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Slugworth posted:

Just replace Cavill with Danny McBride

Danny McBride as one of the fake supermen that pop up after his death. Only this will make up for not putting a mullet on Cavill.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I'm sure he will.

For about 5 minutes.

Lex suddenly all on board with Superman existing.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
fun from GIS.

lmao.

Superman or Warcraft sequel?

This one is actually real.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That third one has me in tears.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Finally saw X-men Apocalypse and man, the moment after Apocalypse has one of the best moments in the franchise, global disarmament, the movie completely loses focus and forces itself to go on for another hour and a half.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Electromax posted:

fun from GIS.

lmao.

Superman or Warcraft sequel?

This one is actually real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Here's the better version:

You have clearly missed that fateful day of SuperGothMetal.

• Locked thread