Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I wonder if she just neutered it and made it completely docile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wobbulated
Apr 24, 2007

by sebmojo

Came here to post this. First thing I read on SA.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

various cheeses posted:

Was bruiser also that JessicaDupre guy pretending to be a girl pretending to be a robot?

i dont think so

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Remember the guy who lied about being locked outside his house and his wife was like changing locks and keeping his kid snd stuff. He would only post about how he was leechijg wifi and everyone came to help.....
Then like 2 days later, he came back and "had one over on goons" and pulled the puppetmaster defense. It wasnt the first time someone had but im pretty sure it solidified the puppetmaster defense as a thing.

And who can forget the sa fighting game with get out frog, puppetmaster, and some girl/ghoul posters as characters?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Several years ago there was a thread dedicated to things people did to save money or out of sheer laziness/gooniness. The thread started out pretty normal with stuff like "I eat tons of ramen" and "I leech wifi" or whatever. Then out of nowhere this dude comes in and starts talking about how he grew up incredibly poor and in order to get through college he would do poo poo like go to campus and pick dandelion weeds in order to make soup out of them so he could afford to eat. The guy totally took over the thread and put everyone to shame because people who grew up with nice lives suddenly realized what real poverty was.

I think the thread was just called "What's the most bachelor things you have ever done?" or something.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Iirc one of the iterations of the bachelor thread also had a guy using a shopvac to drain a boil on his taint

And some other guy who would literally lay facedown on his kitchen floor and piss through a hole in the wood instead of using the toilet

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Mr. 47 posted:

Does anyone else remember the thread about the vapid doofus who lived in a tiny urban apartment in Australia with a couple kids, but she was bound and determined to get some giant gently caress-off dog that is horrible with kids and requires many hectares of land? It followed the classic goon timeline of:

Goon: I want to do this thing.
SA: Do not do the thing.
Goon: But I really want to do the thing.
SA: The thing is bad and will end tragically. Do not do the thing.
Goon: I just did the thing and it went tragically.
SA: gently caress you and the thing.

It's funny because like a month ago I was camping with these redneck idiots that are friends of friends and they had one of these fuckin' dogs

It looked incredibly uncomfortable the whole time and like it wanted to eat the children running around lol

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

coronatae posted:

Iirc one of the iterations of the bachelor thread also had a guy using a shopvac to drain a boil on his taint

And some other guy who would literally lay facedown on his kitchen floor and piss through a hole in the wood instead of using the toilet

lol

didn't he have some kind of piss container under his kitchen?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

coronatae posted:

That rings a vague bell. Did it end up causing structural damage or something?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Jastiger posted:

And who can forget the sa fighting game with get out frog, puppetmaster, and some girl/ghoul posters as characters?

The Youtube video of the game was posted 3 pages back.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

There was a guy putting videos up on his self designed ridable hexapod robot. (too many hexapods on Youtube for me to find) He seemed like a nice guy if not eccentric. The memorable part is where goons bought him an SA account and proceeded to weird him out trying to diagnose what sort of autism he had. Last I knew he got the robot moving and got a deal for a toy version, but never quite got the turret-seat to work the way he wanted.

Does anyone know how that goon slave labor camp in Hawaii ended up? I was talked out of it by more sane people.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That rings a vague bell. Did it end up causing structural damage or something?

IIRC, it was a cabin-like house that had like 2 feet of air and then went to bare earth. I think his dogs liked to play down there and his main concern was peeing onto them.

Juando290
Apr 22, 2007

You stopped toe curlin in the hot tub cause you heard sperms stay alive in there and you have seen Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles enough times to know how that story ends.
Back in the day, there was a thread dedicated to someones neighbor, Ghost Pimp, the pimp with a heart of gold. I forever wish I could find that again, because it is what eventually got me to join SA.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I can't find it but years ago there was a guy who had convinced his girlfriend he was Australian and drove a very expensive car. Then instead of owning up to his lies he started saving up for the car and planned to have her meet his parents for dinner at Outback Steakhouse so he could still speak with an accent and not get called on it.

Also the salad bar is a social contract thread where a goon was complaining about how he often had to stop people from sharing all you can eat salad at the lovely pizza place he worked at which culminated in a goon going to a pizza place and building a structurally sound salad tower just to see how much he could get on his plate.

Also the "financial plan" found on an old hard drive describing how some 16 year old kid was gonna pay back like 30,000 dollars in credit car debt he racked up on his dad's credit cards trying to start his own video editing company. Highlights included the plan having an entry where he explains that his dad will have to buy him a car so he can find work to pay him back.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Untrustable posted:

Also the "financial plan" found on an old hard drive describing how some 16 year old kid was gonna pay back like 30,000 dollars in credit car debt he racked up on his dad's credit cards trying to start his own video editing company. Highlights included the plan having an entry where he explains that his dad will have to buy him a car so he can find work to pay him back.

No, no, the entire loving plan was 'dad, you can sell your stuff/cash out your 401k..oh, and buy me more stuff for my half-assed, one-in-a-million idea.'

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I think the thread was just called "What's the most bachelor things you have ever done?" or something.

Jesus, the cumvase. One of my earliest SA memories.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll-lia-FEIY

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

not a saga or anythingbut it make me laugh

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

Hogge Wild posted:

lol

didn't he have some kind of piss container under his kitchen?

I feel like that guy just pissed through the floorboards into the void below his house. He mentioned that he was afraid that his dogs, who slept under the house, were going to bite his dick.
What, why, etc.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

Uncle Salty posted:

I feel like that guy just pissed through the floorboards into the void below his house. He mentioned that he was afraid that his dogs, who slept under the house, were going to bite his dick.
What, why, etc.

Any time you find yourself in a position where a dog may bite off your dick, it's time for some deep reflection on where your life went wrong.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mr. 47 posted:

Any time you find yourself in a position where a dog may bite off your dick, it's time for some deep reflection on where your life went wrong.

I guess my idea for a fully nude dog groomer business is going back on the shelf.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
Floorboard-knothole-pissing dog-dick guy was kind of awesome, though, because he told his story with a plain sincerity. He was like, oh we're talking about lazy gross single man child behavior? Ah ok here's a thing I do.

It was refreshing in its directness, because those threads were full of weird bragging about really boring or dumb stuff: "well u see, me and my husband, see, we just swig fireball from the bottle and the game controllers are all sticky and my husband, well, I wanted pizza tee hee so he..."

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i want to know the layout of the house that pissing in a hole in the floor took less effort than finding a toilet or even pissing in the sink in the kitchen

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Uncle Salty posted:

Floorboard-knothole-pissing dog-dick guy was kind of awesome, though, because he told his story with a plain sincerity. He was like, oh we're talking about lazy gross single man child behavior? Ah ok here's a thing I do.

It was refreshing in its directness, because those threads were full of weird bragging about really boring or dumb stuff: "well u see, me and my husband, see, we just swig fireball from the bottle and the game controllers are all sticky and my husband, well, I wanted pizza tee hee so he..."

The number of goons that think jeans never have to be cleaned was horrifying. Those threads were a cesspit of horrible behavior

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

Len posted:

The number of goons that think jeans never have to be cleaned was horrifying. Those threads were a cesspit of horrible behavior

I've had this debate with a coworker, who freezes his raw denim jeans to "kill the bacteria." Understand, he puts them in the freezer *instead* of washing them. Sure, it requires Woolite and a special cycle, but you gotta wash those bad boys.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Uncle Salty posted:

...yes, go on...

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Len posted:

Oh yeah, I remember maybe an A/T thread about jeans that I looked at and people were not washing them for months to "break them in"

then there are the A/T threads about not using shampoo or soap and poo poo. Yuck. Also a long, old thread about fountain pens. Nothing exceptionally weird about that other than I don't what there is to talk about.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Those AOL chat logs, oh my god. The progression on this one is masterful: http://www.somethingawful.com/weekend-web/aol-search-log/8/

Tequila Sunrise posted:

http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/bachelor-gross-beer/1/

nomad2020 posted:

There was a guy putting videos up on his self designed ridable hexapod robot. (too many hexapods on Youtube for me to find) He seemed like a nice guy if not eccentric. The memorable part is where goons bought him an SA account and proceeded to weird him out trying to diagnose what sort of autism he had. Last I knew he got the robot moving and got a deal for a toy version, but never quite got the turret-seat to work the way he wanted.

Are you talking about "My name is Jamie, and I've decided to build a giant robot, DAMMIT!" I never finished the thread, I didn't realize someone bought him an account. I know what I'm reading today!

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

That's the guy.

Bedevere
Jun 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Juando290 posted:

Back in the day, there was a thread dedicated to someones neighbor, Ghost Pimp, the pimp with a heart of gold. I forever wish I could find that again, because it is what eventually got me to join SA.

Didn't the OP get befriended by him and the pimp sort of took him under his wing? I vaguely remember this.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

The whole , muliple, Phenazepam threads in crackhead clubhouse was mind boggling. People warning "Dont take this experimental long acting russioan benzo" and other people ignoring the advice then waking up days later in a prison cell, or owning a grand piano, or in on case actually dying. But god the whole drama was funny until then.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

CloFan posted:

Those AOL chat logs, oh my god. The progression on this one is masterful: http://www.somethingawful.com/weekend-web/aol-search-log/8/

Jesus Christ.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

duck monster posted:

The whole , muliple, Phenazepam threads in crackhead clubhouse was mind boggling. People warning "Dont take this experimental long acting russioan benzo" and other people ignoring the advice then waking up days later in a prison cell, or owning a grand piano, or in on case actually dying. But god the whole drama was funny until then.

The whole thing was the best dark humor. Even when that poor dead guy met his fate, the cries of 'he better not be scamming me' mixed with 'JOOOOOOOOOSE' and actually making 'dajoose.com' a thing was just so absurd. It's something to reread for the ages, just be aware that around the beginning of November it takes a very sad turn.

monkeytennis posted:

Jesus Christ.

Oh God, now I remember these. Though I wish I hadn't.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Goon goes couch surfing, ends up crashing at a girl's place and feels bad for creeping on the girl staying there. Then a few pages later the girl shows up and says "no you attempted to rape me there was nothing 'accidental' about it" while goons continue to defend the couch surfing rapist
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3368580

quote:

well all the images have been removed because everybody was direct linking them. but basically the op spent 12 years as a professional cook and is asking the very basic question of how to cook a tomato sauce with 12 types of salt.
later we found he was a furry and enjoyed furry art and had pictures of himself at a furry convention huffing on some kind of ventilation duct. because it gets hot inside the fur suit wearing it for hours and sweating inside it. also i hear he sent his son out to steal railroad spikes from an actual railroad track, so he could forge for himself an xxl breastplate for the rennaissance festival, and the kid got busted and he was very upset about that. but that's in some kind of metallurgy thread somewhere.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723305&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Bluestory and her man-child husband, spending $thousands on Star Wars toys while she was 5 months pregnant oh and she developed gestational diabetes after not changing her fast food and sandwich diet at all, something predicted by goons months before it happened
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722319

Zaurg: Get a Divorce
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3470495&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

CrazyJake's Hiking across America and planning to cross Texas, LA, MS in the middle of summer
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Goon signs a insanely stupid car loan agreement, throws a fit and says he was scammed
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2873673

LLJKSiLk is a extremely creepy man with several children who hates his younger son for behaviors that turn out to describe the OP to a T, also cyberstalked social wokers when they came to his house to investigate on reports of abuse
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722560

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

s'Ilancy posted:

Ha! That was the year before LoungieMu took me to my first gooncamp.

The origin of that horrid smilie was also the camp that, if I recall, Cannonfodder had a drat-near meltdown after getting buzzed over the top of his head with a potato from someone's spudgun. It was also the camp that I brought 'The Wheel' that Hobocamp appropriated, and I think there was someone who was dared to sit bare-assed on an electric fence, too. Overall I enjoyed my GoonCamp experiences, I do admit.

It didn't buzz me, it hit me square on the top of the head. Knocked me on my rear end.

Ahh, the stupid poo poo I did back in the day...

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)

Mr. 47 posted:

I've had this debate with a coworker, who freezes his raw denim jeans to "kill the bacteria." Understand, he puts them in the freezer *instead* of washing them. Sure, it requires Woolite and a special cycle, but you gotta wash those bad boys.

Dude needs to learn some biology; freezing the bacteria may keep them from reproducing briefly but it probably won't kill them. Thankfully the "don't wash your jeans for six months" thing seems to have gone out of fashion, since people figured out "you can still get sick fades on your jeans while washing them once a month or even more!"

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
I'm surprised no one ever mentioned Martin Random's "Secrets from Inside the White House":
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1845896

Or about his roommate (the fecal lasagna thread):
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1353420

Great fiction, this.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Stinky_Pete posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722319

That was the first thread that I followed while it was still going, but she got banned while I was still catching up. For a while her avatar was someone's middle finger with "gently caress you OP" written on it

Highlights:

- Has 15k in checking account but refuses to pay off 4k in credit card debt

- "Saves" money by buying bread at Panera, then going to a salad bar/buffet for lunch and using the Panera bread to make a sandwich, as opposed to making a sandwich at home

- Thinks she can afford a baby, gets pregnant on purpose

- Has a compulsion to buy every piece of merchandise at Kids in the Hall concerts (e.g. every color of the exact same shirt) to make up for perceived childhood trauma

- Takes like a month to bring herself to perform such advanced kitchen tasks as boiling water

Sorry to drag the thread back a page, but my absolute favourite part was she considered herself and her partner to have 'superior genes' yet he had an allergy to vegetables or something equally ridiculous

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Skarsnik posted:

Sorry to drag the thread back a page, but my absolute favourite part was she considered herself and her partner to have 'superior genes' yet he had an allergy to vegetables or something equally ridiculous

He made up an allergy to any and all fresh produce and she enabled him on it, and right, despite all that, the reason they wanted a kid is because it would be a crime to deprive the world of their genetic material. She also has herself convinced that he projects pheromones that make her silly vagina brain go all loopy and incapable of having a serious or difficult discussion about finances, and this conveniently flares up any time she's about to do any planning. If she can get past that, then as far as the thread is aware the only time he makes noise or does anything functional is when she wants take-out for dinner.

Stinky_Pete has a new favorite as of 21:11 on Aug 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

The whole thing was the best dark humor. Even when that poor dead guy met his fate, the cries of 'he better not be scamming me' mixed with 'JOOOOOOOOOSE' and actually making 'dajoose.com' a thing was just so absurd. It's something to reread for the ages, just be aware that around the beginning of November it takes a very sad turn.

Oh God, now I remember these. Though I wish I hadn't.

I was the person who named it "da joose." My little contribution to forums history. Eventually my aunt got into my stash and blacked out for a week. Her final tally was something like 3 trips to the hospital, 2 arrests, 1 destroyed kitchen, 1 crashed car, and 1 trip to the psych ward. That was the end of joose for me.