Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Benne posted:

Aiken is going to lead the team in receiving yards

I lead my kickball team in most turf burn. Some sports accomplishments don't mean much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I lead my kickball team in most turf burn. Some sports accomplishments don't mean much.

Kamar Aiken went 75/944/5 last year, perfectly acceptable WR2 numbers. His only competition for targets are:

-- A 70-year-old Steve Smith coming off a torn Achilles
-- Mike Wallace, who is now 30 and quickly running out of excuses for why he's done fuckall since leaving Big Ben.
-- Breshad Perriman, who has more knee surgeries than NFL games played.
-- Whatever unholy monster committee they try at TE.

So yeah, I like Aiken's chances of producing.

Benne fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Aug 16, 2016

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Benne posted:

Kamar Aiken went 75/944/5 last year, perfectly acceptable WR2 numbers. His only competition for targets are:

-- A 70-year-old Steve Smith coming off a torn Achilles
-- Mike Wallace, who is now 30 and quickly running out of excuses for why he's done fuckall since leaving Big Ben.
-- Breshad Perriman, who has more knee surgeries than NFL games played.
-- Whatever unholy monster committee they try at TE.

So yeah, I like Aiken's chances of producing.

Some additional Aiken context- he put those numbers up with a 19% share of a league high number of pass attempts, including passes thrown by Ryan Mallett, Jimmy Clausen and Matt Schaub.

If we assume that Flacco stays healthy and Aiken maintains (or increases) his absolute number of targets (probably increased share of a smaller total of pass attempts is my guess), then it seems reasonable that we haven't seen his ceiling yet.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Let's compile a list of sleeper targets!

Funchess
Aiken
Coates
Sterling Shepard
Josh Gordon

Who else?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

RCarr posted:

Funchess
Aiken
Coates
Sterling Shepard
Josh Gordon

Who else?

Dak Prescott

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Dorial Green to the eagles.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

RCarr posted:

Funchess
Aiken
Coates
Sterling Shepard
Josh Gordon

Who else?

Kevin White

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Rishard Mathews
Diggs

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Some RBs:
Derrick Henry
Tevin Coleman
Jerrick McKinnon
:snoop:CHRISTINE MICHAEL:snoop:

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

Tajae Sharp time. I have the 2.05 rookie pick in one of my dyno leagues and I'm hoping the guy OTC with 2.04 doesn't take him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Matt Stafford is being highly disrespected I choose Matt Stafford

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Mikey Purp posted:

:snoop:CHRISTINE MICHAEL:snoop:

CJ Prosise :getin:

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Devontae Booker in case of a CJA injury
Will Tye late round TE candidate
Marvin Jones is a better value than Golden Tate IMO

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

MacheteZombie posted:

Woah.

quote:

Some RBs:
Derrick Henry
Tevin Coleman
Jerrick McKinnon
CHRISTINE MICHAEL

These

Add Washington and Bilal Powell. Plus some fringe sleeper guys: Hightower, Draugn, Gillislee

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Cervixalot posted:

Marvin Jones is a better value than Golden Tate IMO

Got both in my dyno league :smug: (don't know why I'm smug about that)

Forever_Peace posted:

Woah.

Add Washington and Bilal Powell. Plus some fringe sleeper guys: Hightower, Draugn, Gillislee

Right? Dorial's price is going to spike.

I also really like Washington, if you're referring to DeAndre in Oakland. I was planning on using my 3rd round rookie pick on him to cuff to Latavius, but the guy drafting in the spot ahead of me took him. :(

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Matt Stafford is being highly disrespected I choose Matt Stafford

Stafford is being consistently taken ahead of Matt "the guy throwing to Julio loving Jones" Ryan, which seems like the real tragedy here.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Matt Ryan's upside when he wasn't terrible was QB7-8. Now he is terrible so I'm good on Matty Ice

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I guess Algholar is going to be even more useless. That's who DGB would be up against, right?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I guess Algholar is going to be even more useless. That's who DGB would be up against, right?

DGB is up against himself more than anyone and it seems it's been that way his entire football career.

RCarr posted:

Funchess
Aiken
Coates
Sterling Shepard
Josh Gordon

Who else?

To add to the WR sleeper list:

DeVante Parker
Chris Hogan
Corey Coleman
Marvin Jones
Michael Thomas
John Brown

I'm pretty sure a lot of people are going to snap up Parker and Brown before the 5th round so maybe they're not sleepers but Hogan definitely seems like he's in an unbelievable position for where he's going. I also think Marvin Jones has legit #1 potential and could put up big numbers.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Spoeank posted:

Matt Ryan's upside when he wasn't terrible was QB7-8. Now he is terrible so I'm good on Matty Ice

Oh no 7 or 8! How will I ever win my fantasy league with such above average QB play!

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Deep sleeper: Keith Marshall

Matt Jones is not very good at football. He's young, he's the starter, no one is in imminent danger of taking his job out of camp, but he's just not that good, and if he struggles, I don't see any reason to keep giving him carries.

Keith Marshall was at one point very good at football, and then tore his ACL. Now he might be recovered (4.3 40). I wouldn't necessarily draft him, but I'm going to monitor the situation. He probably won't get many touches to start the season, barring an injury or two, but that was true of David Johnson last year as well. I'm not calling him David Johnson, but he's in a similar situation. He's got two guys ahead of him that are not particularly good, and he's got off the charts athleticism.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Is Kevin White not considered a sleeper? No one else on him? If hes fully recovered the guy has immense potential. I remember his game against Alabama where he was literally unstoppable. DBs either got burned or helplessly drawing PIs.

Alshon is also having troubles lately with injuries.

No receiver in this years draft class impresses me as much as Cooper and White coming out of college.

Green Gloves fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Aug 16, 2016

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So this is my first year doing this. Got an invite to my friend's league, did the draft and got what looks to be a relatively decent team.

Anyway, I was just wondering if you guys had any newbie tips for setting up a good lineup, or any other post draft tips.

It's a .5 pfr league with a FLEX position rather than the 3rd WR and there is also a single DP slot.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Green Gloves posted:

Is Kevin White not considered a sleeper? No one else on him? If hes fully recovered the guy has immense potential. I remember his game against Alabama where he was literally unstoppable. DBs either got burned or helplessly drawing PIs.

Isn't KWhite pretty fragile too? Also I don't think college DBs are a good comparison to NFL ones.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Green Gloves posted:

Is Kevin White not considered a sleeper? No one else on him. If hes fully recovered the guy has immense potential. I remember his game against Alabama where he was literally unstoppable. DBs either got burned or helplessly drawing PIs.

I didn't think Kevin White was very good when he came out and that he'd have a lot of rookie struggles finding separation and learning routes. This is still essentially his rookie season.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Oh no 7 or 8! How will I ever win my fantasy league with such above average QB play!

Things change.

Green Gloves posted:

No receiver in this years draft class impresses me as much as Cooper and White coming out of college.

Reports out of camp are not too great about White. It's mitigated the buzz.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

DGB couldn't do enough in Tennessee to secure first team reps in camp, and got traded for peanuts. More competition isn't great for Agholor, but Randle, Huff, and DGB are not the most intimidating competition either. He's better off than if they'd brought in a competent, polished guy.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
There are useful Eagles WRs? Do you get points per drop?

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
I only have some draft breakdown videos to watch right now but in every game it seems like White was always open and making ridiculous catches. He fights with his hands pretty well (at least for a college level) against press which is really important at the pro level.

If I put on a Sterling Shephard tape I see a guy that has a hard time getting seperation against tight coverage i.e. Clemson game.

I am glad Kevin White has mitigated buzz because Ill be glad to take him on all my teams.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Green Gloves posted:

Cooper is pretty hard to top as a prospect. I like Coleman and Josh Doctson this year.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Things change.

Reports out of camp are not too great about White. It's mitigated the buzz.

I've heard a mix of both. That he's looked really good, athletic and made some great catches. Sounds like he's still got some work to do in terms of route running, but I'm pleased with what I've heard so far.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

Sago posted:

Cooper is pretty hard to top as a prospect. I like Coleman and Josh Doctson this year.

I think Doctson is the best in this years class but for this rookie year it might be difficult for him with Garcon Desean and Reed getting targets.

Maybe in a year or two.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
White is fantastic for dynasty, but not sure I'd bank on him in redraft this year. Maybe WR2 upside, low end WR3 likely, and a floor a bit below that?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

But the best rookie WR for fantasy is going to be Sterling Shepard.

Rubes Randle got like 800 and 8 there while having a chronic case of being Rubes Randle

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I am big on Doctson myself and own a lot of him in dynasty, but it's worth noting he's got a mystery Achilles issue that has kept him off of the field for a few weeks.

If I had to pick one guy to pull a Kevin White/Breshad Perriman and miss a ton of time this year, it's Doctson.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I'd rather have crowder than Doctson in any format, that's my hot take

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Spoeank posted:

But the best rookie WR for fantasy is going to be Sterling Shepard.

Rubes Randle got like 800 and 8 there while having a chronic case of being Rubes Randle

This is a really good point

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Papes posted:

I'd rather have crowder than Doctson in any format, that's my hot take

If any format means dynasty included, you're a big dumb dumb

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

OTC at 2.05 in a dynasty rookie draft on a rebuild team. Was leaning towards taking Sharpe, but got offered Kelce for my Delanie Walker + 2.05.

What do you all think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cervixalot posted:

OTC at 2.05 in a dynasty rookie draft on a rebuild team. Was leaning towards taking Sharpe, but got offered Kelce for my Delanie Walker + 2.05.

What do you all think?

Lol no

• Locked thread