Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm going to take mabel to a nice dinner at panera bread and we'll discuss it there. i fight for the people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I'd really like for them to NOT bring back trainer customization

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
YA HEAR THAT GAMEFREAK

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

they should let us choose a trainer class like hex maniac or the aroma lady

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

the unfortunate thing about pokemon sage's development is that it's kind of hard to tell just how far along things are but from what i CAN tell they're still chugging along and keeping to themselves. most of what they have to do is actual map construction and fleshing that out.

the poke designs are seriously really good and i think we live in the worst possible timeline where out of all the 100% 'new' fangames uranium is the only one that's completed

http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9dex

http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Somberado this is amazing

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Pokemon Sage's rival is just Gyro Zeppelli and that alone makes it perfect.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

I call dibs on the Sootopolitan trainer class

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Taunt exists. As in taunt is better than disable and also this motherfucker gets destroyed by a single taunt (if you don't bounce it)

mummy man doesn't learn taunt. Though, Disable is pretty useless. Maybe Destiny Bond instead?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sage's the fire goat starter is cool

Kidling

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i was actually surprised to find out just how many sprites they have completed

also i really love this line of pokemon that's a ghost that's possessed lab equipment. the first evolution changes type as an endothermic or exothermic reaction based on whether the prevo is holding a burn heal or an ice heal and the final evolution is gotten by giving it the opposite one to hold to balance it out

phlask: poison/ghost

endothermic/exothermic noxial, which are still poison/ghost but will learn ice/fire moves based on what form they are

fumighast: poison/ghost

this is straight up something that i wish was in a real pokemon game

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Golden Goat posted:

Sage's the fire goat starter is cool

Kidling

nickname Rudyard

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oddium posted:

i'm a gen 3 pokemon breeder

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

oddium posted:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Hell, same.

Either that or

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Why the heck isn't Scyther in OR/AS, it would make it so easy to get a defog Scizor but nooooooo

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Ruggington posted:

I've been watching pokeaim's videos on and off since we were both teenagers and he's also baffling in how completely awful he is at anything he does in-game

Competitive-wise, pokeaim is one of the best out there.

But yeah watching his single player content it's like

Do
Do you actually play the games or do you just focus on the competitive side and get someone to comp you a finished copy a week after release???

Johnny Joestar posted:

i was actually surprised to find out just how many sprites they have completed

also i really love this line of pokemon that's a ghost that's possessed lab equipment. the first evolution changes type as an endothermic or exothermic reaction based on whether the prevo is holding a burn heal or an ice heal and the final evolution is gotten by giving it the opposite one to hold to balance it out

phlask: poison/ghost

endothermic/exothermic noxial, which are still poison/ghost but will learn ice/fire moves based on what form they are

fumighast: poison/ghost

this is straight up something that i wish was in a real pokemon game

Yeah Sage is everything Uranium wishes it was.

And Ethereal Gates is rad, but the fact that neither Moston OR Mosochuset learns Fling or Rock Throw naturally is absurd and I am absolutely appalled that my favorite team is not honored in this niche pokemon in an unofficial fangame made by someone not me :colbert:

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
I just made my first ever non-traded Milotic in Emerald. Battery in the cart is dead so no berry growing.

gently caress berry blending forever.

My Emerald is now 1 poke shy of a full living dex, just need to finish XD and transfer that Lugia.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Classtoise posted:

Yeah Sage is everything Uranium wishes it was.

to be honest the biggest sin of uranium is that it has special nuclear-type pokemon but none of them are a two-headed boar, which is hosed UP if you ask me

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Oyster posted:

I just made my first ever non-traded Milotic in Emerald. Battery in the cart is dead so no berry growing.

gently caress berry blending forever.

My Emerald is now 1 poke shy of a full living dex, just need to finish XD and transfer that Lugia.

I remember accidentally fishing out a Feebas years and years ago in Ruby from sheer luck and getting a Milotic, then lording it over my friends

Zodack fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 16, 2016

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Zodack posted:

I remember accidentally fishing out a Feebas years and years ago in Ruby from sheer and getting a Milotic, then lording it over my friends

Fishing out the Feebas wasn't too difficult, got it on the 13th tile, but since berries don't grow since the battery is dead I had to create enough high-level low-feel blocks with a limited number of berries. That took multiple attempts and making those blocks is so slow and goddamn tedious.

At least now I have one so I can clone it in Emerald and distribute it to my R/S/FR/LG/C/XD.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I want everything from Ethereal Gates

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Also I remembered Cutiefly for the first time in a while yesterday and I love that I keep forgetting great new critters because they just keep revealing new ones

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I want everyone to forget bewear.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Bewear is beautiful.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Oyster posted:

Fishing out the Feebas wasn't too difficult, got it on the 13th tile, but since berries don't grow since the battery is dead I had to create enough high-level low-feel blocks with a limited number of berries. That took multiple attempts and making those blocks is so slow and goddamn tedious.

At least now I have one so I can clone it in Emerald and distribute it to my R/S/FR/LG/C/XD.

Oh for sure. I just meant I was more or less a kid and the governing mechanic of how Feebas was placed in the game was Greek to me so I felt like I won the lottery.

Maxing beauty with a limited inventory of supplies sounds pretty awful but also is a cool achievement

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I guess we all should beware
"guy that does rimshot throws drum set at face"

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Zodack posted:

Oh for sure. I just meant I was more or less a kid and the governing mechanic of how Feebas was placed in the game was Greek to me so I felt like I won the lottery.

Maxing beauty with a limited inventory of supplies sounds pretty awful but also is a cool achievement

Oh jeez. As a kid without knowing how that works, absolutely getting one is an achievement.

I'm getting some kids through the series, started them on FR/LG, and catching Feebas was definitely one of those points I helped them with. Along with getting the Regis. I have no idea how kids were supposed to do these things without the internet.

I've done it once and now I'll never have to do it again. So much easier to use the prism scale.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Oyster posted:

Along with getting the Regis. I have no idea how kids were supposed to do these things without the internet.

they used the internet

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

oddium posted:

they used the internet

Also the first puzzle room with the Regi alphabet thing helps a lot. I wrote it down on a piece of paper and used it to translate the instructions like "wailord at back/relicanth at front" or whatever it was.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like that they carried on with the Regis having crazy requirements in ORAS. What was it, nicknamed Regice holding an ice themed item and it had to be in the day? e: for Regigigas I mean

Some day I hope there is a Pokemon you find under a truck. And one behind Bill's house.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oddium posted:

they used the internet

maybe oyster lived in a third world country where he had a GBA but internet was too expensive

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Xad posted:

Also the first puzzle room with the Regi alphabet thing helps a lot. I wrote it down on a piece of paper and used it to translate the instructions like "wailord at back/relicanth at front" or whatever it was.

You did not, you looked it up online

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The strategy guide for r/s I had as a kid had a Braille translation guide and outright told you what to do. Plus GameFAQs existed then.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Pentaro posted:

Hell, same.

Either that or

I'd have to use the Pokefan Dad that's giving his kid a piggyback ride. Really drive home the "I'm pushing your poo poo in for the giddy laughter of my child" aspect.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oddium posted:

i'm going to take mabel to a nice dinner at panera bread and we'll discuss it there. i fight for the people

Sounds good.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

less laughter posted:

You did not, you looked it up online

I've done it blind too, but it's really unlikely to happen with most other people. Besides, someone had to have discovered that to even tell other people about it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Johnny Joestar posted:

to be honest the biggest sin of uranium is that it has special nuclear-type pokemon but none of them are a two-headed boar, which is hosed UP if you ask me

I don't know what your referencing, but Boaron seems like it'd be a pretty obvious name for it.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
As a kid, I once spent a weekend with a friend trying to catch all 28 Unown in FRLG because as Deoxys had not been made available at that point (as far as I knew) I had convinced myself getting them all would summon him.

Suffice to say it didn't work.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
oddium and mabel at dinner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

hopeandjoy posted:

The strategy guide for r/s I had as a kid had a Braille translation guide and outright told you what to do. Plus GameFAQs existed then.

Ahkay. I wasn't allowed video games as a kid, didn't venture into proper 3rd gen until 2006 or so. Just now going back and doing living dex's in all the games to support the kids I got going through them. Wasn't aware GameFAQs and such was so prolific back then.

• Locked thread