Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Lol no to taking the trade, or to drafting Sharpe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cervixalot posted:

Lol no to taking the trade, or to drafting Sharpe?

Trade

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Papes posted:

I'd rather have crowder than Doctson in any format, that's my hot take
This right here. Crowder had a solid rookie year and Kirk Cousins/coaching staff were showing a lot a trust in him by the end of the season. Even had him running choice routes, which is drat impressive for a rookie. They're going to go 3WR as their base set so Crowder will be on the field pretty much all the time as their slot receiver and could easily wind up #2 in targets after Jordan Reed. Saw double-digit red zone targets last year and that could increase depending on what Pierre Garcon gives them (he saw 17 RZ targets last year so there's room for his role to decrease). I love him as a sleeper after the 10th round.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Cervixalot posted:

OTC at 2.05 in a dynasty rookie draft on a rebuild team. Was leaning towards taking Sharpe, but got offered Kelce for my Delanie Walker + 2.05.

What do you all think?

Ridiculously easy accept. Walker is a year from death, Tajae Sharpe is a 5th round rookie on a team that doesn't throw. Edit: I assume it is known, but probably don't listen to Metapod when it comes to Titans, haha

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

RVProfootballer posted:

Ridiculously easy accept. Walker is a year from death, Tajae Sharpe is a 5th round rookie on a team that doesn't throw. Edit: I assume it is known, but probably don't listen to Metapod when it comes to Titans, haha

Yeah, I'm accepting. I'm terrible at listening to real-time hype when trades/injuries happen.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Cervixalot posted:

Yeah, I'm accepting. I'm terrible at listening to real-time hype when trades/injuries happen.

You're fleecing the guy. Kelce has an ADP like 60ish, Walker somewhere in the 100-120 range, and a mid 2nd is similar or a bit later. If you're rebuilding, it's even easier to sell off Walker for a much younger TE1.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Does Crowder have any real upside? He's tiny and not very fast. Maybe he's in the Jarvis Landry, Wes Welker, Julian Edelman mold, but not every catchy slow guy in the league is going to get 160+ targets like those guys have in the past. They need so much volume to be worthwhile.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Sago posted:

Does Crowder have any real upside? He's tiny and not very fast. Maybe he's in the Jarvis Landry, Wes Welker, Julian Edelman mold, but not every catchy slow guy in the league is going to get 160+ targets like those guys have in the past. They need so much volume to be worthwhile.

Have you seen the run game in DC?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Sago posted:

I really liked this article from the Washington Post reviewing Crowder's rookie year. He showed well, despite his size, and definitely looks a player who will succeed in the middle of the field where Cousins excels. The passing volume should be there; if Garcon's a player on the decline, then Crowder could see 100+ targets this year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

RVProfootballer posted:

Kelce is not worth that pick (regardless who he chooses) + Delanie. This is because Walker will be as or more productive as Kelce allowing him to trade him probably for the same price next year

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about being unable to attend a live draft for one of my leagues. Do I submit a list of 200 players or give criteria such as best WR in first round or whatever?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

DTaeKim posted:

I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about being unable to attend a live draft for one of my leagues. Do I submit a list of 200 players or give criteria such as best WR in first round or whatever?

Even our live drafts are done using a online tool, if your league doesn't do that you're probably getting autodrafted.

If they are doing it online you can usually setup draft lists from the website your league is using. (might not be the case for a site like clickydraft)

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

DTaeKim posted:

FaceTime
Telephone call
Cyborg replacement

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Metapod posted:

Kelce is not worth that pick (regardless who he chooses) + Delanie. This is because Walker will be as or more productive as Kelce allowing him to trade him probably for the same price next year

Kelce is being drafted 40-50 spots ahead of Walker, which is already taking into account expected production next year. Walker also had the 10th highest target share in the league, and highest among tight ends. Doubtful he sees so many targets again. The running game and receivers are pretty certain to be improved this year compared to last. I think you're right in that I doubt he loses a ton of value in the next year, but he's only going to keep descending, and this isn't trading him for fair value, it's trading him for considerably more than he's worth.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

DTaeKim posted:

When my friends league had live drafts the rule was if you were not there you would get the highest rated draft pick at your spot until all starters were filled then bench was two of each WRs/RBs and one QB. Player had the option beforehand to declare if K and Def was taken after starters or the last two rounds. No special instructions allowed.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Google Hangouts works pretty well and you don't need any extra software or accounts.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Metapod posted:

That pick is practically worthless in a rookie + leftover draft. Usually anything outside the first round is garbage unless you get lucky or have weird keeper rules.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Assuming Le'Veon Bell's appeal doesn't go well, and he remains suspended for the first four games, would you rather keep:

Le'Veon Bell in the 3rd

OR

CJ Anderson in the 18th

At first I was sure I would go with Bell, but now I'm wavering.

No matter which one I keep this year, they will go back in the pool next year.

Standard scoring, non-ppr.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

CompeAnansi posted:

That pick is practically worthless in a rookie + leftover draft. Usually anything outside the first round is garbage unless you get lucky or have weird keeper rules.

That's fair

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Speaking of keeper leagues, I need some thoughts on my last keeper on a stacked team. I'm already keeping 2 QBs, 2 TEs, 4 RB, 3 WR, 1 K, and 1 DST. As you can see this is basically a dynasty league. I have one slot left.

My top three options are: Justin Forsett, Kamar Aiken, and Steve Smith. I find it amusing that they are all on the ravens, but I'm having a hard time picking. My initial inclination is to just keep Forsett since he's objectively the most valuable this year, but I already have kept 4 RB and only 3 WR (we start 2 RB / 3 WR / Flex). Of the WRs, I think Aiken is probably the keep over Smith. Assuming that's right, what do you guys think on Forsett vs Aiken?

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 16, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

CompeAnansi posted:

Speaking of keeper leagues, I need some thoughts on my last keeper on a stacked team. I'm already keeping 2 QBs, 2 TEs, 4 RB, 3 WR, 1 K, and 1 DST. As you can see this is basically a dynasty league. I have one slot left.

My top three options are: Justin Forsett, Kamar Aiken, and Steve Smith. I find it amusing that they are all on the ravens, but I'm having a hard time picking. My initial inclination is to just keep Forsett since he's objectively the most valuable this year, but I already have kept 4 RB and only 3 WR (we start 2 RB / 3 WR / Flex). Of the WRs, I think Aiken is probably the keep over Smith. Assuming that's right, what do you guys think on Forsett vs Aiken?

Justin Forsett is a 30-year-old scatback one-year wonder who has a shitload of backfield competition and probably won't be the starter for longer than a month, if even that.

Do not keep Forsett.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

CompeAnansi posted:

I would definitely take Aiken here. Forsett is solid but getting up there in years, and like you mentioned, you have 4 RBs already. Aiken has much higher upside and may even turn out to be a decent keeper next year (if possible).

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Alright, Aiken it is. Thanks for the input!

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

RCarr posted:

Assuming Le'Veon Bell's appeal doesn't go well, and he remains suspended for the first four games, would you rather keep:

Le'Veon Bell in the 3rd

OR

CJ Anderson in the 18th

At first I was sure I would go with Bell, but now I'm wavering.

No matter which one I keep this year, they will go back in the pool next year.

Standard scoring, non-ppr.

From a value perspective, you have to go CJA here. You are basically getting an RB1 for free and CJA looked much better in the 2nd half of last year.

With Bell, you are getting him at his ADP in the 2nd round from what I have seen in mocks lately.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The League of Posts, a 14-team PPR auction league with a small keeper system, is drafting this Saturday!

We have one unclaimed team that needs a new owner. We're hosted here in Armchair Q, and I'd really appreciate it if someone took a chance on us. Details are all in this thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782046

Thanks!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I dropped pass catcher Theo Riddick for big girl Christine Michael.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

89 posted:

I dropped pass catcher Theo Riddick for big girl Christine Michael.

Last season I dropped Theo Riddick for Zach Zenner so don't feel too ashamed.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

jadebullet posted:

So this is my first year doing this. Got an invite to my friend's league, did the draft and got what looks to be a relatively decent team.

Anyway, I was just wondering if you guys had any newbie tips for setting up a good lineup, or any other post draft tips.

It's a .5 pfr league with a FLEX position rather than the 3rd WR and there is also a single DP slot.

Post your draft and I'm sure many of the smart people in here will give you feedback

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If there's a single DP slot draft it last and draft a MLB/ILB

Edit whoops post draft tips. I was phone posting in line. Echoing post it and the top guys on the wire.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Aug 17, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Spoeank posted:

If there's a single DP slot draft it last and draft a MLB/ILB

I agree with this, But he already drafted.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Man, I can't join any public money leagues this year because I moved to Iowa, and they banned fantasy sports for cash because of fuckheads like FanDuel. I just wanna take the money of dumbasses on Yahoo, not systematically trick people out of their money.

I mean, I could join cash leagues here, but y'all are much smarter than the average Yahoo player.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

This article is having a rough year

Oof

http://fantasy.usatoday.com/fantasy-football-draft-guide/2016-fantasy-football-sleepers-deep-sleepers

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

MacheteZombie posted:

Last season I dropped Theo Riddick for Zach Zenner so don't feel too ashamed.

Oh, I mean, just now I dropped Theo Riddick for big girl Christine Michael.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Why did people think DGB was ever going to be a thing? He's Josh Gordon levels of wasting talent, but with a criminal history that's way worse than "likes weed," no NFL success to speak of and even more laziness. The Titans coaches poo poo on him all summer and buried him on the depth chart as a motivational tactic, then traded him for peanuts when none of it worked.

Yet despite all that, I kept hearing fantasy jokers, even people whose opinions I normally take seriously, talk about DGB as a "sleeper." I swear, this business is so infatuated with 40 times and SPARQ scores that they never pay attention to the poo poo coaches care about -- like, you know, trying in practice and not being a knucklehead.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
My league drafts on the 31st and I already hate how I drafted

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

This sentence is trying too hard:

"Putting oneself in the best situation to weather pitfalls of drafting risky players tends to define the commonality found in those who end up reaping the rewards of these sleepers."

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Benne posted:

Why did people think DGB was ever going to be a thing? He's Josh Gordon levels of wasting talent, but with a criminal history that's way worse than "likes weed," no NFL success to speak of and even more laziness. The Titans coaches poo poo on him all summer and buried him on the depth chart as a motivational tactic, then traded him for peanuts when none of it worked.

Yet despite all that, I kept hearing fantasy jokers, even people whose opinions I normally take seriously, talk about DGB as a "sleeper." I swear, this business is so infatuated with 40 times and SPARQ scores that they never pay attention to the poo poo coaches care about -- like, you know, trying in practice and not being a knucklehead.

Fantasy guys are absolutely obsessed with SPARQ and take a really awkward angle at it. RotoViz in particular has this problem where they'll line up two players who have similar combine scores and one is a superstar and the other is a dummy who can't line up right or has frying pan hands and act like they're the same. For example, one of the earliest Vance McDonald Hype Pieces looked solely at his combine compared to other TEs in his class. They ignored what he showed on tape because his 40 time was similar to Travis Kelce's.

Fantasy guys really don't like soft factors and try too hard to make it fantasy baseball, with a billion stats they can point to. For every Reception Perception you get a dozen awkward and poorly developed and executed stats that get us further from the truth.

It's the blind spot of the industry right now that there's six days a week this player and coaching staff interact that we don't see on tape. It's easier to support your position with tape and stats and not these soft factors so it goes too far. This is something I look at which is why I was screaming pull up on CJA in the first last year. Everything indicated he would get shelved at the smallest issue because they didn't have time to work it out, it was Peyton's last ride. His injury and struggles meant it took half a season for him to get back on the field because they couldn't afford to put it in his gut 20 times a game while he worked through it.

There's also that too many fancy themselves amateur college scouts so they fall in love with a guy and never move off their evaluation until it's too late. They write hype pieces on a team's WR6 and ignore how far away they are from actual production. DeAndre Smelter got hype pieces this offseason for God's sake.

They also write pieces that really are about proving they're better than each other and have unearthed some deep truth. Playing in 20 team 40 man IDP 2 QB tiered PPR leagues with high school player drafts have moved too much of the industry way too far away from the common man and into insane stances they can't move away from, like DGB.

In short: nerds using stats they don't understand and ignoring outside factors to try to prove they're king nerd.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Oh and don't get me started on how DFS has broken season-long analysis.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

MakaVillian posted:

Post your draft and I'm sure many of the smart people in here will give you feedback

Here is the team that I drafted. Hopefully there is something to work with here. Like I said, this is my first year participating in a league, so any tips or anything like that are greatly appreciated. It is a PPR league with reception providing .5 points.

Drew Brees (QB)
Joe Flacco  (QB)

Devonta Freeman (RB)
LeSean McCoy (RB)
Duke Johnson Jr  (RB)
Darron Sproles (RB)

Amari Cooper (WR)
Emmanuel Sanders (WR)
Michael Crabtree (WR)
Dorial Green-Beckham (WR)
Bruce Ellington (WR)

Coby Fleener (TE)
Jason Witten (TE)
Dwayne Allen (TE)

D'Quell Jackson (LB)

Raiders (D/ST)

Roberto Aguayo(K)

The lineup rules are:
QB: 1
RB: 2
WR: 2
FLEX: 1
TE: 1
Defensive Player Utility (DP): 1
D/ST: 1
K: 1
Bench: 7
Injury Reserve: 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Well I've prepared several rankings sheets for my buddy in prison. He's stoked for the season to be back and says it's one of the few things that keeps his mind occupied on the inside.

Thanks for being his man on the outside Beer!

• Locked thread