Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Someone post Punisher laying fists on Spidey and Spidey totally no-sells it.

This one?

Punisher: War Zone #1, Greg Rucka and Carmine Di Giandomenico, 

Lobok fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

source?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lobok posted:

This one?

Punisher: War Zone #1, Greg Rucka and Carmine Di Giandomenico, 

How long has Punisher been a clone of Big Boss?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Who What Now posted:

How long has Punisher been a clone of Big Boss?

It was a side effect of having a severe case of Rucka-ism. Luckily he's in full remission now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

It was a side effect of having a severe case of Rucka-ism. Luckily he's in full remission now.

As if the Punisher wouldn't be improved by having an island nation where he kidnapped people by balloon and made them part of his punisher army.

He could be some kind of Punished Snake.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

It's an edit of Ghost Rider #35 by Jason Aaron and Tony Moore

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Those panels just make me so happy every time I see them :allears: Spidey regularly fist-fights Rhino and Venom and Lizard; on that scale Frank is just a dude who owns a lot of guns.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Those panels just make me so happy every time I see them :allears: Spidey regularly fist-fights Rhino and Venom and Lizard; on that scale Frank is just a dude who owns a lot of guns.

When Doc Ock first became Spider-Man doesn't he take a dude's jaw off with one punch and kinda pause as he realizes "Holy poo poo Spider-Man could have easily killed me hundreds of times and I had no idea! :stare:"?

Edit: Also love that bit in the Civil War movie when he catches the Winter Soldier's mechanical arm in a punch and is all (earnestly),"Wow you're really strong!" while effortlessly holding the punch back.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

When Doc Ock first became Spider-Man doesn't he take a dude's jaw off with one punch and kinda pause as he realizes "Holy poo poo Spider-Man could have easily killed me hundreds of times and I had no idea! :stare:"?

Edit: Also love that bit in the Civil War movie when he catches the Winter Soldier's mechanical arm in a punch and is all (earnestly),"Wow you're really strong!" while effortlessly holding the punch back.

That was the best scene in the movie imo. I like that it takes place mere minutes from a moment when the Winter Solider flips a car through the air with the very same robot arm, a great reference point. I was so worried that they would depict spider man as a dude who was normal other than his ability to shoot webs.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

That did happen, although I don't have it on-hand.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It was Scorpion

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ariong posted:

That was the best scene in the movie imo. I like that it takes place mere minutes from a moment when the Winter Solider flips a car through the air with the very same robot arm, a great reference point. I was so worried that they would depict spider man as a dude who was normal other than his ability to shoot webs.

I was a bit worried about that as well. Tobey's Spider-man was really only depicted as being super duper strong when he stopped the train.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

And when he stopped that brick wall at the end of Spidey 2. It was distracting to see him throw what looked like wild haymakers at Doc Ock way back in the day, although it's easy to say "oh yeah he was just pulling his punches" because who can say what that really looks like.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Why is the Punisher always fighting Spiderman?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jerusalem posted:

He doesn't even notice Bucky is supposed to be strong - he just immediately gets distracted by his cybernetic arm.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Ariong posted:

And the part where Tony puts up some youtube of spidey stopping a speeding car and he says something like "hey, 2000 pounds at 70 mph over 3 feet, what's that work out to?" because spidey is terrifying strong at age 15.

Plus, yeah, him geeking out about all the cool gear the people he's supposed to be arresting have.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

wiegieman posted:

And the part where Tony puts up some youtube of spidey stopping a speeding car and he says something like "hey, 2000 pounds at 70 mph over 3 feet, what's that work out to?" because spidey is terrifying strong at age 15.

Yikes, hope he didn't Gwen Stacy the driver.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

WickedHate posted:

Yikes, hope he didn't Gwen Stacy the driver.

Gwen Stacy was a no-win scenario; at least the driver is in a seated position and has a seatbelt and poo poo on. Unless he's one of those dumbass "lol seatbelts" drivers in which case nothing of value was lost.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Well, he was speeding, so I would assume.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

According to the Spider-man 2 game, if you drive over the speed limit, Spidey has no problem beating the poo poo out of your car until it crashes, and will threaten to kill you if you complain about it, so he probably doesn't care what happens to unsafe drivers in general.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Goddamnit I want a new spider-man game like that one.

I'm sure there's like a hundred fully-fleshed out New York City sandbox games they can just reuse the assets from.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Stuff like that consistently happening was one of the main things that turned me off from the New Teen Titans era overall.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
New Teen Titans was written to be the DC version of X-Men, and it showed. It was the era of the soap opera super hero, baby!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I feel like I'm not on enough drugs to appreciate that page.

Also, coriander? Really?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah I just realized her name is coriander too. Laffo

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Her sister is Komand'r :pseudo:

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I feel like I'm not on enough drugs to appreciate that page.

Also, coriander? Really?

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah I just realized her name is coriander too. Laffo

It doesn't stop there. Her home planet is Tamaran (Tamarind)

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
They should go full DBZ and embrace it.

Tarragon would be a great villain name.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Spidey has no problem beating the poo poo out of your car until it crashes, and will threaten to kill you if you complain about it, so he probably doesn't care what happens to unsafe drivers in general.

Fixed up. Spidey is a true New Yorker.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pierson posted:

They should go full DBZ and embrace it.

Tarragon would be a great villain name.

Hmm, wonder if that's where Wolfman got "Trigon" from? Maybe he wrote the early Titans issues while staring at his spice rack.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Selachian posted:

Hmm, wonder if that's where Wolfman got "Trigon" from? Maybe he wrote the early Titans issues while staring at his spice rack.

If I recall correctly Terragon was how Judas Contract ended.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Paper Kaiju posted:

It doesn't stop there. Her home planet is Tamaran (Tamarind)

oh my god.

I had thought Koriand'r was a one-off joke. But it's a THING? FUcccccck.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Cadavers4Algernon posted:

If I recall correctly Terragon was how Judas Contract ended.

Ba dum

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Keep all baking sodas away from Starfire. That is all.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Just a little great Jameson moment I came across randomly today.

Amazing Spider-Man #670 (Spider-Island part 4)

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

This is what happens when you spend too much time with the Joker.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

/in gruff whisper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jji78uEW14

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything #2

What happens when the two biggest idiots in the world get a time scepter?

And that's just the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Did...did they just kill their own past selves?