Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i hear people complain about how sick they are of hamilton infinitely more than i hear anyone saying anything else about it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's how sick we are of Hamilton.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Aww boy... I'm just so tired of all these Hamilton Wars

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Golden Bee posted:

Hamilton is the great Upper Class White thing, because it gives you all the American Exceptionalism you need without reminding you "These people committed 200 years of atrocities so they wouldn't have to farm."

*Sean Clements voice* Mmmmmm yes that's correct and also good.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
u rly inhabited the character man

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

cams posted:

i hear people complain about how sick they are of hamilton infinitely more than i hear anyone saying anything else about it at all.

you should consider yourself lucky. but then i'm involved with theater people and media types so maybe it's skewing my experience a tad

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I don't know why there is so much negativity around this. Personally I've missed Linda Hamilton and I'm excited to listen to her podcast.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

This is the only theater that has ever been essential in all of American history. Now everyone shut up a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vB8qr1IrPg

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Reformed Pissboy posted:

This is the only theater that has ever been essential in all of American history. Now everyone shut up a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vB8qr1IrPg

Looool one of my favorite bits ever. Last night, I named a planet in No Man's Sky "Chungbung"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Earwolf podcaster Katie Couric actually showed up on The Longest Shortest podcast in July. Having never listened to The Longest Shortest Time and not being super familiar with Katie's life, it was a great yet tough listen, horrible about her husband :( I'm not a woman and I don't have kids but for whatever reason it was a great listen. Crazy, way to use that cross-promotion Earwolf!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This week's Bitch Sesh first segment was pretty amazing. The ladies tend to try out products put out by the Real Housewives folks and this week it was a 'clearing tonic'. If you haven't listened to the show and don't mind the idea of two ladies joking about making GBS threads themselves it's a good intro point. They've also discussed actually making GBS threads themselves at the top of a few other podcasts too so you've got it both ways!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

This week's Bitch Sesh first segment was pretty amazing. The ladies tend to try out products put out by the Real Housewives folks and this week it was a 'clearing tonic'. If you haven't listened to the show and don't mind the idea of two ladies joking about making GBS threads themselves it's a good intro point. They've also discussed actually making GBS threads themselves at the top of a few other podcasts too so you've got it both ways!

Yeah I love how Casey in one of the first episodes says she hates when people talk about the scatalogical and it really turns her off and yet every other episode there is some story based on poo poo. Love it so drat much.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I really hope they do a live show with video of Bitch Sesh. They're amazement, admiration, and and shock about the Housewives would carry wonderfully.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Hamilton revitalized a dead medium

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber would beg to differ!

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Sir? Surely you meant to say "Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber"

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Dame Sir

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh hey Mike Drucker has a new podcast on Earwolf, cool I like him.

Oh it's a Hamilton podcast, like just about one broadway show forever...Well that can be funny, I like it and all but it's not like there's not ton to make jokes about there...

Oh it's a 100% positive jerk-off session with the first episode being Mythbusters Man saying it's 'a modern Shakespeare'....

Well...I'm glad Drucker's getting work...

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I love when Justin Timberlake on SNL and he does the "Come on down to the food" sketch

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Oh it's a Hamilton podcast, like just about one broadway show forever...Well that can be funny, I like it and all but it's not like there's not ton to make jokes about there...

Oh it's a 100% positive jerk-off session with the first episode being Mythbusters Man saying it's 'a modern Shakespeare'....

i enjoy hamilton and spend too much time trying to get people i like to even give a poo poo about it. i am also a mentally deranged person who is listening to podcasts most of the time to keep the silent void away.

i have zero interest in this podcast

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Haha ew

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Someone at work just told me Earwolf started a new musical podcast. He wasn't technically wrong, but I kinda wish he'd been more specific to save me getting my hopes up for the two hours before I googled it.

That's my experience with the Hamilton podcast.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cams posted:

i enjoy hamilton and spend too much time trying to get people i like to even give a poo poo about it. i am also a mentally deranged person who is listening to podcasts most of the time to keep the silent void away.

i have zero interest in this podcast

Yea more or less. I'd be down for like, a less serious 'ok we like this no poo poo but there's poo poo to make fun of too and we'll just bullshit with guests for a bit' thing. Nothing makes my eyes roll harder than seeing Adam Savage: Hamilton Is Modern Shakespeare as the first episode though.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
well...does Hamilton have any really witty insults, like calling your personal enemy a whored out pigs rear, or something as heightened as that?

that would be evidence in favor of Hamilton being modern Shakespeare, and it'd be a pretty objective measure too.

beeman
May 7, 2008

The Berzerker posted:

I love when Justin Timberlake on SNL and he does the "Come on down to the food" sketch

cams
Mar 28, 2003

guys julie was just joking about sean and hayes fighting, right? they can't break up they are too good together :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tarranon posted:

well...does Hamilton have any really witty insults, like calling your personal enemy a whored out pigs rear, or something as heightened as that?

that would be evidence in favor of Hamilton being modern Shakespeare, and it'd be a pretty objective measure too.

the scenes in the cabinet are rap battles

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

cams posted:

guys julie was just joking about sean and hayes fighting, right? they can't break up they are too good together :(

They seemed pretty friendly. I'm on the Pence.

beeman
May 7, 2008

Cloks posted:

They seemed pretty friendly. I'm on the Pence.

You Kaine't just go around saying who is friendly and who isn't

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

There's a really funny webseries featuring tons of Earwolf/UCB regulars called Tween Fest. It's about a father who puts on a Coachella for social media influencers: A Venmo superstar, a pimple popper Youtube celebrity, a "socially conscious" prankster who locks babies in cars and yells at people who don't save it, etc.

First two 10 min eps were pretty good http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/00cee11e46/tween-fest-episode-1?playlist=486571&_cc=__d___&_ccid=d03af760-ff03-4c96-bb9f-3e984a9efe03

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There's few things in life I hate more than YouTube pranksters. They are literally the worst.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

EL BROMANCE posted:

There's few things in life I hate more than YouTube pranksters. They are literally the worst.

What you go against pranks, bro. They are just pranks, bro.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Now this makes me angry they're doing a Hamilton podcast and not "Musical; Theatre" about Hamilton :mad:

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

There's a really funny webseries featuring tons of Earwolf/UCB regulars called Tween Fest. It's about a father who puts on a Coachella for social media influencers: A Venmo superstar, a pimple popper Youtube celebrity, a "socially conscious" prankster who locks babies in cars and yells at people who don't save it, etc.

First two 10 min eps were pretty good http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/00cee11e46/tween-fest-episode-1?playlist=486571&_cc=__d___&_ccid=d03af760-ff03-4c96-bb9f-3e984a9efe03

At a certain point satire is just the thing you don't like, you literally can't parody the awful poo poo on youtube because it's worse than whatever you can imagine. But then again, you guys are big hollywood handbook fans...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ElCondemn posted:

At a certain point satire is just the thing you don't like, you literally can't parody the awful poo poo on youtube because it's worse than whatever you can imagine. But then again, you guys are big hollywood handbook fans...

oh, i thought satire was a type of fabric

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

ElCondemn posted:

It's just a funny web series, dude.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

ElCondemn posted:

Speak on that

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

It's just a funny web series, dude.

It's cool, I just didn't like it, dude.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why does Matt Besser need 12 interns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

PBS Newshour posted:

What you go against pranks, bro. They are just pranks, bro.
they're SOCIAL EXPERIMENTS NOT PRANKS GOD