Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

On that subject, apparently you can acquire gems from these new missions that you use in the Baba shop to purchase SSR's. Some of those SSR's rotate out after 60 days, so we all have something to grind daily again. Here's the guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/4bh2me/baba_crystal_farming_how_to_get_them_and_where/

In particular, that SSJ2 Gohan costs 777 gems but is the best "free" SSR in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ChronoReverse posted:

In particular, that SSJ2 Gohan costs 777 gems but is the best "free" SSR in the game.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

After that new influx of cards it's time to post our current teams:

I don't really have a great INT to throw in there; but TUR INT Perfect Cell at least has Kamehameha with half the team.
https://dbz.space/box/irsmart

Oh I'm super excited for that INT SSJ2 Gohan, :getin:

I'll have to replace my AGI SSJ2 Gohan but the starter SSJ Goku, that's also available for purchase, has the same links plus Prepared for Battle and a similar if more limited passive. Admittedly Goku's attack is worse but you can't have everything. I could also replace PHY Ultimate Gohan with my PHY SSJ2 Goku for an entirely Prepared for Battle team, but I just went through all that effort to Dokkan him and Gohan is beastly damage wise.

Fake edit:
Here's a link to all the Baba shop reward tiers: http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Baba%27s_Treasures for those that want to preplan. It's Regular Shop and 1st Limited List that should be available Wednesday.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 16, 2016

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

ChronoReverse posted:

I know for a fact that I'm blowing all my stones on Ginyu Goku.

Those stages with the rainbow team Ginyu force seems like a pain, but it shouldn't be too hard to do the monocolor stages like Turles, right?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm psyched for the SSR Z-Fighters that will show up in the rotation. SSR Krillin, woohoo! Can't wait to make a workable Z-Fighters team again.

Also, Ginyu Goku makes me with I'd kept all my Ginyu Force members now..

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'll post my current rainbow team because why not :v:

I'm like completely out of training poo poo thanks to finding a strike team and various SSRs :downs: What's great is 4 of these characters are all TUR capable eventually!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I got AGL Gohan Dokkan'd. Done just in time for the new stuff. So many TURs, so few that van be used together.

I lack Gogeta, so I still lean pretty hard on Shocking Speed. I feel like I have a hard time slotting a TEQ card in, though. TUR Majin Vegeta will sort that out, but SSJ3 works in a pinch. He also might get promoted to leader once we get his Dokkan so I can use the horrifying INT Gohan.

Edit: I just pulled PHY Bardock, so I guess Prepared for Battle is pretty viable, too.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 15, 2016

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Aurora posted:

I'll post my current rainbow team because why not :v:

I'm like completely out of training poo poo thanks to finding a strike team and various SSRs :downs: What's great is 4 of these characters are all TUR capable eventually!

I have that SS3 Goku :unsmith:

I feel like the the only things holding me back right now are:

1) Not being a high enough rank to have my toughest baddest duders in one team due to their cost
2) Not having that mother effing Gogeta.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

At this point I wouldn't feel too bad about not having Gogeta, there are much better units that will come down the pipe. :v:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yay for power creep! :toot:

In lieu of Gogeta, I wish I could have gotten Full Power Frieza. I have all the other ki/attack leaders now. Oh well, PHY Gohan makes a good lead for a mono team, too.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'm liking that SSR Krillin, just because he's always been one of my favorite characters, and I wouldn't mind a Golden Z Fighters team.

This is my main team here, though I've also got a Dragonball Team for easier levels and when I feel like messing around.
Leader: PHY Kami
STR Launch
TEQ Bunny Bulma
INT Teen Bulma
PHY Bandit Yamcha
AGL Volleyball Tien

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

the_steve posted:

I'm liking that SSR Krillin, just because he's always been one of my favorite characters, and I wouldn't mind a Golden Z Fighters team.

This is my main team here, though I've also got a Dragonball Team for easier levels and when I feel like messing around.
Leader: PHY Kami
STR Launch
TEQ Bunny Bulma
INT Teen Bulma
PHY Bandit Yamcha
AGL Volleyball Tien

FYI, this is purely anecdotal, but I've heard people can steal your account with the top bar info. That's why we cut it off when posting screen shots.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Is Super Vegito better than Super Gogeta?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Ross Angeles posted:

Ohh yess.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Ross Angeles posted:

http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Incomparable_Power_Super_Vegito , I believe he and the new PHY Broly (Same leader skill, except for PHY) have shifted the Japanese meta toward mono teams. But Super Vegito is better due to having the Janemba/Golden Frezia tanking abllity, and also being able to Counterattack.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cozz posted:

http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Incomparable_Power_Super_Vegito , I believe he and the new PHY Broly (Same leader skill, except for PHY) have shifted the Japanese meta toward mono teams. But Super Vegito is better due to having the Janemba/Golden Frezia tanking abllity, and also being able to Counterattack.

Why did I waste all those stones on Gogeta again?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

FYI, this is purely anecdotal, but I've heard people can steal your account with the top bar info. That's why we cut it off when posting screen shots.

I believe the logic goes, email customer support and say you've lost your device. They'll ask information about your account, e.g. user name, zeni you remember being at and rank; if you've been convincing enough there goes your account. Here's the reddit PSA about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/4034c1/psa_account_security/

Ross Angeles posted:

Why did I waste all those stones on Gogeta again?

Gogeta is still the best rainbow leader. Super Vegito is a monster mono leader.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

PHY Broly/AGL Super Vegito/TEQ Gotenks are all considered the new era of God-tier cards. Gogeta/LR SSJ Goku/SSBKK Goku are in the tier below (demi-god), but also above the rest of the cards.

Really, he's still _good_ but Super Vegito makes the game even easier.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

New Leaf posted:

Oh hell, I thought that was only if your user id number was in there.
drat, I will be more careful

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I awakened my PHY Ultimate Gohan and have 20 extra medals. Which I believe means I am done with this event for good? I really wanted to make sure I got 30 before it ended, since right now it will be the easiest it even will be.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

With the way power creep works in this game, by the time Super Vegeto comes out here Japan will probably have some card even way better than that, like a Goku Black that gives all characters full ki and immense supers or something.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Gogeta is still great bang for the buck because it's the undisputed best for 6 months. Super Vegetto came with Broly who is close to his level and now SSJ3 Gotenks who's also close in power. The rate of new dokkanfests is increasing it JP too so it really feels like the shelf life isn't nearly as good.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fortunately, I'm happy with Gogeta. Yeah, if I get any of these other super units, then that's sweet, but, I don't feel the need to whale for anyone anymore.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Just finished King Cold! He started paying out.. got 7 cards in the last 2 days on just a few scattered runs.

So hyped for the new missions tomorrow!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I still haven't gotten one. Does he even drop on hard or is it all a cruel joke on me?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

projecthalaxy posted:

I still haven't gotten one. Does he even drop on hard or is it all a cruel joke on me?

He barely drops on Z-Hard, Hard's rate is a cruel joke. He's notoriously low, like all the older Strike cards.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Don't even bother rerunning it on Hard. It's a lower rate than SSRs.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

OK, I guess I'll give up then. I tried to run it on z-hard, but my team goes from taking about 7-10000 damage from his super to about 60000 damage, which is notable when I have 45000 health.

E: I already have a second form Frieza which is kinda like King Cold I guess.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Why are you taking that much damage? Aren't you using awakened STR characters? You'll still eat 30k damage but 60k seems like you're not color matching.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

ChronoReverse posted:

Why are you taking that much damage? Aren't you using awakened STR characters? You'll still eat 30k damage but 60k seems like you're not color matching.

I don't have a full team of Awakened STR chars, no. I'm using three Awakened STRs (two SSRs and an SR), an unawakened STR SSR Blueper Saiyan Vegeta, and then my two best characters who are awakened TEQs. I'm not sure why I'm taking so much either. I'm still trying to build out awakened monotype teams.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

I don't have a full team of Awakened STR chars, no. I'm using three Awakened STRs (two SSRs and an SR), an unawakened STR SSR Blueper Saiyan Vegeta, and then my two best characters who are awakened TEQs. I'm not sure why I'm taking so much either. I'm still trying to build out awakened monotype teams.

Odd, even when I use an unawakened STR SSR to block I still only take ~17k damage from King Cold's supers. I'm not using characters with damage reduction passives either.

You are using your STR types to block King Cold, right?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I think I am, yeah. I don't know if it's just not working right for me or what because the Reddit guide says he has like 70000 health and I'll hit him with a Big Bang Attack for like 40000 and his bar will drain like 10%, while on Hard I can drop him in a single round if I get lucky. I'm not super worried about it though.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

He has like 400k or so on Z-Hard

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

That's what I was thinking, yeah. I'm just going to go back to doing the non-event missions, I'm only on like chapter 2 of those. Slap the Ginyu Force around for a while, that'll make me feel less weak.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
You definitely need more levels. Even awakened R STR units won't take 60k damage but if you're unawakened and not STR, the damage will be too much.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Finally got King Cold up to SA 10. Done with the event for now, I'll get another five next time it rolls around.

Did a celebratory single pull on the Dokkan banner and got a SSR Demigra. :toot:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I've only gotten one King Cold out of like 12 attempts :negative:

e: Huh, just noticed that the login event is Part 1. Cool.

Aurora fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 17, 2016

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

FINALLY, A GOOD BUU

AND IT'S BUUHAN

:aaaaa:

Aurora fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Aug 17, 2016

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Hoo boy, the translation on these new quests...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I almost feel bad stealing this treasure from Pilaf. Almost.

Hey anyone know where the Nimbus is on Ginyu's Trespass? I've run it 4 times now with no luck from ? spaces. Is it in a certain half of the first row or something?

Edit: 6th from start, 5th (I think) from where the first Nimbus drops you off.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Aug 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Do we have a stage-by-stage guide to the new levels?