Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I only recognized Ben Affleck during the second facial expression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Equeen posted:

Here's the better version:

You have clearly missed that fateful day of SuperGothMetal.

Now that's My Superman.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Electromax posted:

Superman or Warcraft sequel?

I hope Zach Synder sees this and realizes it's exactly what needs to happen, because this is perfect.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I love my dead edgy superman! (pretend I inserted a photo shop dead superman in Heathers)

GonSmithe posted:

I hope Zach Synder sees this and realizes it's exactly what needs to happen, because this is perfect.

they've confirmed he has "longer hair" but no word on what that means just yet. Crossing fingers for it being that glorious.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Equeen posted:

Oh my loving god. Superman Lives!

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Electromax posted:

Is it weird that I like this one?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I want Waterworld Superman but if I can't get it, This Must Be The Place Superman works too.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

MacheteZombie posted:

I love my dead edgy superman! (pretend I inserted a photo shop dead superman in Heathers)

I have this, MZ.

(from Twitter)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Crows Turn Off posted:

Do you also like Justified?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Equeen posted:

I have this, MZ.

(from Twitter)

Beautiful.

Shageletic posted:

Everyone should.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Shageletic posted:

What kinda question is this?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Shageletic posted:

I've never seen it but I've heard good things.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

What kinda question is this?

He looks exactly like this dude.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Equeen posted:

You have clearly missed that fateful day of SuperGothMetal.

Finally, The Crow sequel that America deserves.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Shageletic posted:

When's that dreamboat getting into superhero flicks?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Shageletic posted:

Yeah, and Justified owns. Well, past tense anyway.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

When's that dreamboat getting into superhero flicks?

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/16/timothy-olyphant-auditioned-for-iron-man-same-day-as-robert-down/
There's a different MCU for ya.

Raylan's already super to me :)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Raylan is pretty super, i'll give you that.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Why worry about if Superman could beat Goku when you can just have Superman be Goku?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

TetsuoTW posted:

Why worry about if Superman could beat Goku when you can just have Superman be Goku?

Hell yes.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Forget red underwear, there's a certain pair of pants that simply MUST cameo.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Electromax posted:

Roman Reigns!?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
You will believe a man can pop a senzu bean.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Violator posted:

I saw a timeline where someone broke down the events of Begins and TDK, and it turns out Batman was only around for like six months or something crazy short like that before he went into hiding.

This can't be because the Dark Knight begins in July 2007 and ends in February 2008 (the dates are in the movie) plus one year of time passes between Begins and Dark Knight (said outright in Dark Knight) during which we can assume Batman's been Batmanning.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Neo Rasa posted:

This can't be because the Dark Knight begins in July 2007 and ends in February 2008 (the dates are in the movie) plus one year of time passes between Begins and Dark Knight (said outright in Dark Knight) during which we can assume Batman's been Batmanning.

Yeah, also there's an unsaid amount of time passing from Batman saving the city from the Scarecrow gas to the meeting with Gordon on the rooftop. He didn't install that Bat signal and get promoted overnight.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

You will believe a man can pop a senzu bean.

The first 30 minutes of Justice League are interspersed with cutaways to Superman running down the back of a giant snake before falling into the Home for Eternally Confounded Kryptonians.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Could Superman beat MewTwo

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

greatn posted:

Could Superman beat MewTwo

Depends.

MewTwo was defeated by Mew. Is Superman strong enough to defeat Mew? If he is not, does he still fall within the gap of power that exists between Mew and MewTwo? The probability increases the larger the gap in power between Mew and MewTwo is. We'd have to calculate the separate power levels of both Mew and MewTwo relative to Superman in order to get an accurate estimate.

This assumes that there is no scenario where Superman, Mew, and MewTwo all exist in-universe and are able to perform a live experiment.

If you have any questions or comments please email me at SSJ8Goku@Juno.com

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Crows Turn Off posted:

No, I saw that particular image on my twitter feed a little while ago and thought it was legit concept art and I want it to be real so bad.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

greatn posted:

It wouldn't be a good story, he finally earned the world's trust by dying, if he came back evil the world would just be more cynical than ever, why would anyone ever trust him again?

i don't see how your premise and conclusion relate

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i don't see how your premise and conclusion relate

Because we already saw that story, it would be retreading ground people didn't really like all that much in the first place.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Equeen posted:

'Join us Michael'

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Electromax posted:

If Superman looks like this in the sequel or in JL I will have my rear end in a seat on opening day.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cyborg will buddy it up with Flash in the latter's movie.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/cyborg-the-flash-movie-1201838408/

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

If Superman looks like this in the sequel or in JL I will have my rear end in a seat on opening day.

Superman: Metal Warrior of Steel, I'll buy a ticket!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Justice League as stealth Crow sequel confirmed
They're all the rage

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

greatn posted:

Because we already saw that story, it would be retreading ground people didn't really like all that much in the first place.

In my Justice League spec script, Black Mullet Superman - having learned firsthand that dying is really unpleasant - will come back from the dead obsessed with preserving life at all cost.

When efforts at jumping in front of every bullet in the universe fail, Superman tries various other techniques like destroying all weapons, forcing violent offenders into homelessness or jail, etc. But even when his opponents are paralyzed from the neck down, they still manage to find ways of committing suicide to escape life under the Superman. Frustrated, and in need of a final solution, Superman calls on Darkside to construct an enormous facility where humanity can be kept in suspended animation forever.

After a prolonged battle with his former friend, Batman and the gang finally convince Superman that humans need freedom as well as life. You see, he's been going about this all wrong: the solution to the unpleasantness of death is not to end death, but to end unpleasantness.

The humans in the pods are unfrozen and instead hooked up to a Matrix-like collective VR, where they are programmed to no longer care about death. This is the origin story of the MCU.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Fantastic

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Honest Thief posted:

Finally saw X-men Apocalypse and man, the moment after Apocalypse has one of the best moments in the franchise, global disarmament, the movie completely loses focus and forces itself to go on for another hour and a half.

That moment fell flat for me, just because I thought he was about to use the nukes, and was disappointed when I realized he wasn't. For a guy that just murders people effortlessly with nothing but sand, he sure went out of his way to not kill any of the main characters. Another thing that really bothered me about Apocalypse was how it looked like they really didn't want to damage Mystique's costume. She does pretty much nothing physical the entire movie, which was a huge change from Days of Future Past where she was kung fu fighting dudes left and right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The MSJ posted:

Cyborg will buddy it up with Flash in the latter's movie.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/cyborg-the-flash-movie-1201838408/

And Green Lantern WB? :smith:

• Locked thread