Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Is it fascism yet posted:

im still playing lbw and its great but i wish it wasnt so easy

yeah it came with my 3ds when I got it and the original owner had already beaten it so I could do hard mode from the start which was nice. I wish you usually didn't have to beat a Zelda game to unlock hero mode because I don't feel like replaying Zelda games for a long time after I beat them. already knowing all the puzzles is like half the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

paper jam was fine and if you had trouble wih the toad sections you need your gamer card permanently revoked

How do I get a gamer card

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Play 3 hearts with green mail and the master sword. Plus no bottles or maimai upgrades.

I died 85 times doing that.

im gonna do this after my normal playthrough

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

paper jam was fine and if you had trouble wih the toad sections you need your gamer card permanently revoked

i liked the minigames but a lot of it was super annoying. like 20 minute long stealth sections where loving up at any point meant you didnt have enough time to win

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

idk why the mario and luigi games have so much filler in them once the game allows me to just jump on poo poo its some jrpg bliss

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I didn't mind the Toad parts as much as some there was just loads of running back through the same areas aimlessly. It was still a great game so w/e.

Also Zero Mission pwns.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/puyo-puyo-chronicle-announced-3ds

I shouldn't get my hopes up this is never gonna get a western release . aggggh

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

i liked the minigames but a lot of it was super annoying. like 20 minute long stealth sections where loving up at any point meant you didnt have enough time to win

Oh yeah rhe stealth sections were bas

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Is it fascism yet posted:

im gonna do this after my normal playthrough

i planned on doing that or hard mode but 100 percenting normal mode burned me out

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

are the NES Remix games fun? which is better the 3DS or Wii u one? kinda got the itch to check it out

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

goferchan posted:

i bought this on sale and still haven't even touched it and I love Platinum games idk what's wrong with me

It's one of the best platinum games, period. Lot of variety and challenge over the entire game. Combat is similar to Bayonetta even if it is an isometric pikmin simulator which takes some getting used to.

It is an epic game

Soral
May 30, 2009

goferchan posted:

are the NES Remix games fun? which is better the 3DS or Wii u one? kinda got the itch to check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blYQzgE2dR4

Soral
May 30, 2009

i spent several minutes looking for that video lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

mycophobia posted:

How do I get a gamer card

if you have to ask, your not ready

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

sounds like you're a newb whom isn't comboing right

he sounds like a newb to me, too

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
wonderful 101 can take a bit but then it clicks, and then it clicks even more, and it clicks more after that. its great

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

wonderful 101 can take a bit but then it clicks, and then it clicks even more, and it clicks more after that. its great

I didnt realize how important it os to do the normal rear end ream attack until i played tthru on hard mode lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I didnt realize how important it os to do the normal rear end ream attack until i played tthru on hard mode lol

theres like 50 things you can be doing and learning the game is very slowly realizing when to use each one

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i returned No Man's Sky and bought the Phoenix Wright Trilogy on the Nintendo Eshop. I'm pretty excited about it

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

lmfao this gets me every time

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Frog Act posted:

i returned No Man's Sky and bought the Phoenix Wright Trilogy on the Nintendo Eshop. I'm pretty excited about it

have you played them before

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

elf help book posted:

have you played them before

nope i just bought a DS for the first time a few weeks ago so all DS games are new to me

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Frog Act posted:

nope i just bought a DS for the first time a few weeks ago so all DS games are new to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xWjTyOdFVI

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
phoenix wright is win

ghost trick even more so

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

does the game use the mic i feel like i remember eharing that long ago

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the only time it's ever used for something meaningful, gameplay-wise, is in the bonus case of the first game. the rest of the time it's a funny substitute for pressing the objection button

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Frog Act posted:

hell yeah

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I only played the first three Phoenix Wrights, how is the rest of the series? Any that are definitely skippable?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

P-Mack posted:

I only played the first three Phoenix Wrights, how is the rest of the series? Any that are definitely skippable?

i like all of them but apollo justice is the worst of the mainline series. the edgeworth games are cool, the 2nd one is really good [u need fan patch and an emu or homebrew :kakashi: capabilites for taht one tho

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

play em all

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Even the worse ones are great, at least once, and I've played the first one all the way through probably 4 times.

Please post your reactions to Case 1-5

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

mgs3ds is only playable with the circle pad and it has janky n64 graphics and runs at 20fps but it does have crouch walking unlike all the other versions, and that is actually a pretty big deal. I'm having a great time with it

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
play all the laytons in preparation for Lady Layton

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

play all the laytons in preparation for Lady Layton

i have

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish you couldn't lose in AA because I love all the funny stuff they wrote for when Phoenix is just fumbling around pulling random crap out f his backpack

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I wish you couldn't lose in AA because I love all the funny stuff they wrote for when Phoenix is just fumbling around pulling random crap out f his backpack

in the last game, when you run out of health, it just asks if you want to continue and you lose no progress

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I just got the Phoenix trilogy too. Bomb so far. I'm on the steel samurai case. I dig that it's like a point and click adventure game.

But I'm actually hooked on Zelda oracle of ages instead. The ds is so great

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Ok I got a 3DS a couple days ago for pokemon yellow (yes ima scrub) and ACNL. But what about Luigi's Mansion?

Ps https://youtu.be/ALhAXtFR1LM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Also this thread has singelhandedly convinced me to get Mario golf.