Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

CharlestheHammer posted:

There are people who still believe Zimmermans story that Martin was an action movie villain.

I know one person who has internalized the story such that "Trayvon" is his reflexive pull-a-name-out-of-his-rear end-for-a-hypothetical-dangerous-gun-toting-black-gang-member-kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Nuebot posted:

:shepface: this one has been uploaded, reported and taken down at least five times since yesterday. People keep reuploading it.

I think it's constantly referenced in that "I was banned from imgur for pointing out that poo poo" guy's post about how imgur mods are really bad

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!

Your Computer posted:

Did someone say imgur? It's Eugenics o' clock again!

"Just my view on it :\"

*clenches butthole in anticipation of downvotes*

I was born ~9-10 weeks premature. Please tell me, wise Imgur man, why I deserve to die?

Your Computer posted:

:ancap: from imgur

At least the second top comment is:[i]
Oh, silly AnCaps. Everyone knows you have no solutions to anything, don't front.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I have a few friends with pit bulls, so my facebook gets a constant barrage of "pit bulls are the smartest, gentlest dogs" and how pit bull owners are the real discriminated class.

Maybe I'm spoiled with not getting much political stuff lately, but holy gently caress, I don't give a poo poo about your taste in dogs.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Maybe I'm spoiled with not getting much political stuff lately,

Yes. You are living the dream.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I have a few friends with pit bulls, so my facebook gets a constant barrage of "pit bulls are the smartest, gentlest dogs" and how pit bull owners are the real discriminated class.

Oh, are you friends with my cousins?

I'm sure there's really sweet pitbulls out there, but I only seen to encounter the ones whose muzzles are strapped shut because they're trained to bite the gently caress out of everyone for no reason.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Oh, are you friends with my cousins?

I'm sure there's really sweet pitbulls out there, but I only seen to encounter the ones whose muzzles are strapped shut because they're trained to bite the gently caress out of everyone for no reason.

Pitbulls aren't terrible, they're just mostly owned by terrible people.

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

The reason there was/is such hate for Pitbulls is that when there were a bunch of news stories about dog fighting, they were put front and center in the public's eye. They became associated with 'attack dogs' and etc and now people assume they're vicious, or more dangerous. They aren't *genetically* any more dangerous than any other breeds, they don't bite any harder or have specially devastating jaws. But the association of 'fighting/attack/protection' unfortunately means that people looking to do harm breed and raise these dogs for those purposes. There may be some weight to studies showing that they have a 'quicker temper' and are more likely to flip the switch faster than other breeds, but I can't vouch for that. If you took Golden Retrievers and brought them up to be mean then they'd be exactly as dangerous. It's a nature/nurture thing and as far as I can tell, it's almost entirely the latter that's doing so much damage to their public perception.

Poor pups. I've met a lot of wonderful Pibbuls (I work with dogs) and they deserve to be treated well. They can't help how the world perceives them :(

EDIT: What MizPiz said, basically

shabbat goy
Oct 4, 2008

Ok Fella posted:

Is "he dindu nuffin" a popular thing? Because goddamn that pisses me off quite a bit.

Imgur is really good.

same user:

shabbat goy has a new favorite as of 02:09 on Aug 17, 2016

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

porkswordonboard posted:

The reason there was/is such hate for Pitbulls is that when there were a bunch of news stories about dog fighting, they were put front and center in the public's eye. They became associated with 'attack dogs' and etc and now people assume they're vicious, or more dangerous. They aren't *genetically* any more dangerous than any other breeds, they don't bite any harder or have specially devastating jaws. But the association of 'fighting/attack/protection' unfortunately means that people looking to do harm breed and raise these dogs for those purposes. There may be some weight to studies showing that they have a 'quicker temper' and are more likely to flip the switch faster than other breeds, but I can't vouch for that. If you took Golden Retrievers and brought them up to be mean then they'd be exactly as dangerous. It's a nature/nurture thing and as far as I can tell, it's almost entirely the latter that's doing so much damage to their public perception.

Poor pups. I've met a lot of wonderful Pibbuls (I work with dogs) and they deserve to be treated well. They can't help how the world perceives them :(

EDIT: What MizPiz said, basically

I think a lot of people hate them because lovely owners leave them alone with their young children and then the dog bites the kids' faces off.

source: that one time there was a thread about how bad pitbulls were in GBS and Lowtax got really mad at everyone because he has pitbulls and they are good dogs who do not bite the faces of children off

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

:yikes:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Ularg posted:

I love how they blurred out McLovin's ID card thinking that's a real person and not Superbad.

Yeah, just let everyone hunt and fish everything they want without limitations, that went really well in the past. Now excuse me while I just go outside and shoot a bison that doesn't exist for dinner.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Picnic Princess posted:

Yeah, just let everyone hunt and fish everything they want without limitations, that went really well in the past. Now excuse me while I just go outside and shoot a bison that doesn't exist for dinner.

Also how do they think we pay rangers, wildlife officials, park and beach maintenance?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FlyinPingu posted:

I think a lot of people hate them because lovely owners leave them alone with their young children and then the dog bites the kids' faces off.

source: that one time there was a thread about how bad pitbulls were in GBS and Lowtax got really mad at everyone because he has pitbulls and they are good dogs who do not bite the faces of children off

Pretty much every study that set out to prove that pit bulls are really dangerous ended up being criticized later for poor methodology.

I've never met a violent pit bull, because I've never met an owner who trained their pit bull to be violent.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

THANK YOU

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
So a comedy theater banned a performer after several women reported that he'd raped them. One of Amy Schumer's writers is not happy!

For some reason he's got it into his head that none of the women filed police reports. Or that all rape kits are immediately tested and processed. Also he's totally not mad, he's just made like 20 followup posts about how not mad he is.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ghost emoji posted:

So a comedy theater banned a performer after several women reported that he'd raped them. One of Amy Schumer's writers is not happy!

For some reason he's got it into his head that none of the women filed police reports. Or that all rape kits are immediately tested and processed. Also he's totally not mad, he's just made like 20 followup posts about how not mad he is.

Weird, you'd think Amy Schumer would support him given that she's a rapist herself...

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cumslut1895 posted:

Weird, you'd think Amy Schumer would support him given that she's a rapist herself...

According to that article she's blocking people who ask her to call him out so...

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Henchman of Santa posted:

According to that article she's blocking people who ask her to call him out so...

Asking me to read articles is ableist

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
What if a pit bull raped that autistic guy from guy-gets-punched-after-kicking-kid.gif.exe? Would that justify Black Lives Matter protesting the Ghostbusters remake in their gun-free safe space?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Weatherman posted:

What if a pit bull raped that autistic guy from guy-gets-punched-after-kicking-kid.gif.exe? Would that justify Black Lives Matter protesting the Ghostbusters remake in their gun-free safe space?

Trick question, it's just going to multi-track drift.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wipe front to back with my toilet paper that faces the inside.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Amy Schumer is white Feminism

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
It's a shame bc Metzger is a funny guy. He's kinda prone to meltdowns like these, and it's pretty entertaining. Worth a follow on twitter.

And to his credit, it didn't start with that rant, it started with him posing the question whether any of the girls went to the police instead of going to the club manager's and getting the offending comic banned. Then a feminist blogger jumped all over him about privilege, and then he posted that rant.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Scarf posted:

It's a shame bc Metzger is a funny guy. He's kinda prone to meltdowns like these, and it's pretty entertaining. Worth a follow on twitter.

And to his credit, it didn't start with that rant, it started with him posing the question whether any of the girls went to the police instead of going to the club manager's and getting the offending comic banned. Then a feminist blogger jumped all over him about privilege, and then he posted that rant.

Maybe it's easier to just say "yeah I'm speaking from a place of privilege" and move on?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Maybe it's easier to just say "yeah I'm speaking from a place of privilege" and move on?

It would be, but no one ever seems to be able to. People on imgur arguing about racism will have melt downs rather than just admit that sometimes white people have it easier.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Scarf posted:

I dunno I just don't find whining like a 15-year-old Redditor very funny. This guy's supposed to be a professional comedy writer but nothing he's written has been coherent or interesting, it's all stuff straight out of one of those MGTOW websites.

There's a lot of legit reasons why someone wouldn't/couldn't file a police report -- they may not want to relive that experience over and over, they may be afraid of not being believed, they may think the rapist will retaliate, or just being afraid of the police. Plus, if you shower or change clothes after you get raped, you lose a lot of evidence, so it's very possible they couldn't get enough proof to do anything.

Also, there's no reason assume they didn't go to the police just because they also went to the club manager. The theater can't release any information about the police reports, only the victims can do that, and I totally understand why they wouldn't want to release their names.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Wow, crazy election, Hillary is running against two of her own shills.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I mean, they're not completely wrong. A lot of underprivileged people are unable to afford healthier alternatives.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

ghost emoji posted:

I dunno I just don't find whining like a 15-year-old Redditor very funny. This guy's supposed to be a professional comedy writer but nothing he's written has been coherent or interesting, it's all stuff straight out of one of those MGTOW websites.

There's a lot of legit reasons why someone wouldn't/couldn't file a police report -- they may not want to relive that experience over and over, they may be afraid of not being believed, they may think the rapist will retaliate, or just being afraid of the police. Plus, if you shower or change clothes after you get raped, you lose a lot of evidence, so it's very possible they couldn't get enough proof to do anything.

Also, there's no reason assume they didn't go to the police just because they also went to the club manager. The theater can't release any information about the police reports, only the victims can do that, and I totally understand why they wouldn't want to release their names.

Right. And it's too bad no one took the time to rationally explain it to him.

Basically everyone on both sides of the internet argument are awful because everyone is awful.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I should refresh the page first.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kay Kessler posted:

I mean, they're not completely wrong. A lot of underprivileged people are unable to afford healthier alternatives.
Yeah, but they chose literally the worst spread of foods to make their point.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Scarf posted:

Basically everyone on both sides of the internet argument are awful because everyone is awful.

People did, in the comments. Somebody I know made a big long comment on his original post with stats and personal stories explaining why he was wrong, it got like 90+ likes, but he ignored it and kept posting deliberately inflammatory stuff.

It's also frustrating because people claim you're being overly emotional or hysterical if you have any sort of passion or personal conviction in what you're arguing. A lot of people with personal experiences and knowledge about the subject get their explanations shot down that way. "Why can't you be perfectly objective and logical like me?" asks the guy with no stake in the subject at hand.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Stuntman posted:

Yeah, but they chose literally the worst spread of foods to make their point.

Yeah that's literally all sugar for one, and buying bags of grapes is more expensive than just buying unbagged grapes.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Kay Kessler posted:

I agree. Food is completely hosed up for a lot of people and very few of them can budget to make a decent healthy meal, much less the knowledge to make it. Myself included but I have been slowly learning.

That said, if you live somewhere where it costs$32 for that tiny amount of food, you're either shopping at the wrong grocery store or need to look into alternatives. I can't imagine a place where pineapples are important to the local diet but also not super cheap. I'm in southern Indiana and I think it's somewhere around $5-6 for one. Grapes and raspberries even less.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Scarf posted:

nah I'm pretty sure this guy is just a giant tool and the only one who's awful here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

ghost emoji posted:

People did, in the comments. Somebody I know made a big long comment on his original post with stats and personal stories explaining why he was wrong, it got like 90+ likes, but he ignored it and kept posting deliberately inflammatory stuff.

Ahh didn't realize.

FlyinPingu posted:

nah I'm pretty sure this guy is just a giant tool and the only one who's awful here

Oh yeah I won't argue that Metzger can be a giant tool. Usually he's a funny tool though.