Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I think you need to use cloud saves. There should be an option to load the transfer save from cross-save, but think that is only applicable if you can cloud save it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

What are the bonuses for CS I save files in II? Got to decide between importing to play 2 months earlier or waiting it out for goodies.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Two unique accessories that will get outdated, some extra sepith and non-unique quartz and some dialogue/scene differences depending on quests you completed in CS1, characters you brought to max bond and the dance scene selection.

One of the accessories is from maxing AP, can't remember what the other is from and the sepith/quartz change depending on Rean's level with max reward at 80.

edit: I'm not sure if maxing AP is possible without a transfer either. Really, really unsure on this but I was under the impression that for SC at least you needed an FC transfer to even do some of the quests.

Decus fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 16, 2016

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Bland posted:

What are the bonuses for CS I save files in II? Got to decide between importing to play 2 months earlier or waiting it out for goodies.

Depending on Rean's Level and Student Rank, you will receive different item:

Rean's Level

Level 69 or lower
100x each type of Sepith [7属性セピス×100],
Attack 1 [攻撃1]
Zeram Powder [ゼラムパウダー]

Level 70-79
300x each type of Sepith [7属性セピス×300]
Attack 1 [攻撃1]
Soul Blur [ソウルブラー]
Zeram Powder [ゼラムパウダー]

Level 80
500x each type of Sepith [7属性セピス×500]
Attack 1 [攻撃1]
Soul Blur [ソウルブラー]
Saintly Force [セイントフォース]
2x Zeram Powder [ゼラムパウダー]

Student Rank
A0 (430 AP)
Golden Medal [黄金の徽章] - HP +1000, EP +100, STR +10, DEF +10, ATS +10, and ADF +10
A1 (380 AP)
Silver Medal [白銀の徽章] - HP +500 and EP +50

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Bland posted:

Oh, can you not import saves from US copies into EU ones and vice-versa? If that's the case I'll have no choice but to import if I want to carry my save over, so that'd be my decision made.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

ImpAtom posted:

You're old now. Old and busted. You'll never pilot a giant robot to defeat evil with the help of your plucky friends.

Anyway I have to rush through CS before P5 hits so hey.

At least FFXV got delayed.

FFXV delay is real good IMO.

I just made way too much noise because I'm way too excited about a videogame.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Some Numbers posted:

I'm going to finish two playthroughs of CS2 before Christmas.

Just for the record, I hear CS2 has a few NG+ exclusive sidequests that reveal a bunch of stuff that apparently gets set up in Sky 3rd in order to tease CS3, so I will probably wait until Sky 3 is out for my ng+/nightmare run.

Up to you if you wanna do the same, obviously.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'm gonna marathon every game in order lining up with 3rds release

unless the best case scenario happens and they announce zero at which point I'll wait to do the entire series

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cake Attack posted:

I'm gonna marathon every game in order lining up with 3rds release

unless the best case scenario happens and they announce zero at which point I'll wait to do the entire series

same except I'm doing it even if they announce zero and then ill do the entire series again when its out.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Looks like I'm gonna finish Cold Steel 1 and have a couple weeks to cool down before playing 2. I still feel like I'm hot off SC.

mutantmell
Oct 14, 2012
I finished Cold Steel about a week ago, timing worked out well :)

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
So can I play Cold Steel without spoiling anything in Sky SC, or do I need to beat both of the Sky games first? I'm playing FC right now.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

So can I play Cold Steel without spoiling anything in Sky SC, or do I need to beat both of the Sky games first? I'm playing FC right now.

I mean if you are already playing FC I would go ahead and get through SC, the events of Cold Steel are largely set up at the end of SC anyway, as well as a few character reveals best experienced in that order.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

Zaggitz posted:

I mean if you are already playing FC I would go ahead and get through SC, the events of Cold Steel are largely set up at the end of SC anyway, as well as a few character reveals best experienced in that order.

OK, that was my plan anyway, was just wondering if that was an option. Really liking FC and I'm sure I'll just go through SC too, but the setting of CS appeals a bit more.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

There's like, 1 or 2 spoilers for the Sky series that I can remember. Nothing super huge. Cold Steel is mostly its own thing with characters occasionally referencing things from Sky.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Zaggitz posted:

Just for the record, I hear CS2 has a few NG+ exclusive sidequests that reveal a bunch of stuff that apparently gets set up in Sky 3rd in order to tease CS3, so I will probably wait until Sky 3 is out for my ng+/nightmare run.

Up to you if you wanna do the same, obviously.

Hmm, that's fair, though I definitely need to get ready to LP CS2.

Unless someone beats me to the punch.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Some Numbers posted:

Hmm, that's fair, though I definitely need to get ready to LP CS2.

Unless someone beats me to the punch.

This assumes you'll be done the CS1 LP before Sky 3 is out.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Did they ever give out a date for Xanadu Next?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Not yet, if it's anything like the rest of their PC catalogue it'll be like a week before release

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

lets hang out posted:

it mixes things up quite a bit but if you're not enjoying it you should probably stop. how far are you?

I just made it past the first boss. I kind of stopped after that. It's a good game, and I enjoyed the small segments with Dela Delon being incompetent, but that alone isn't keeping me too interested.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To answer my own question:

Cold Steel II offers you the option to load a Cross-Save when booting up in addition to a regular save you can go from Vita to PS3 or vice-versa between sequels.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

ImpAtom posted:

To answer my own question:

Cold Steel II offers you the option to load a Cross-Save when booting up in addition to a regular save you can go from Vita to PS3 or vice-versa between sequels.

Awesome I was wondering about that myself.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Europe does not have an official release date yet, apparently. Sort of have to wonder if FFXV being pushed back had them changing their mind on the previous date or if there really was a mix-up or something when it was announced?

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Hopefully they're pushing it forward a bit since the game seems to be releasing earlier then Xseed originally expected. Rather not wait for november.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
So I just finished Cold Steel and here are my Video Game Thoughts

Class VII's concert was terrible. The mics/guitars weren't plugged in and the choreography didn't even match the music. They hyped it up so much too.

And the whole Crow/C thing felt contrived as all heck. As soon as they starting going "hey, where's Crow?" and mentioned he was going to see the speech in person I figured out that he shot the airship down but I didn't guess he was C. The first letter of Crows name is C so I guess it all fits. It was an alright story but that ending was kind of sudden.

And it does the thing with the villain who just revealed that they were a villain so they start to talk all smarmy when they didn't before. I hate that.

Also millium sucks.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Overbite posted:

Also millium sucks.

This deserves to be unearthed from underneath the spoilers so I can mock it in public. Boo! Booooo!

I dislike the trope she belongs to, but her positivity is infectious and I just can't hate her.

You know, I think I can say that about almost every character in this game. Terrible first impressions, everyone is a cliche storm, this is all bad, oh wait I love everyone now.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Amppelix posted:

This deserves to be unearthed from underneath the spoilers so I can mock it in public. Boo! Booooo!

I dislike the trope she belongs to, but her positivity is infectious and I just can't hate her.

You know, I think I can say that about almost every character in this game. Terrible first impressions, everyone is a cliche storm, this is all bad, oh wait I love everyone now.

She reminds me of Tiny Tina

edit: i hope Becky is a party member in 2. Becky and Super Niece.

Overbite fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 19, 2016

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Overbite posted:

So I just finished Cold Steel and here are my Video Game Thoughts

Class VII's concert was terrible. The mics/guitars weren't plugged in and the choreography didn't even match the music. They hyped it up so much too.

And the whole Crow/C thing felt contrived as all heck. As soon as they starting going "hey, where's Crow?" and mentioned he was going to see the speech in person I figured out that he shot the airship down but I didn't guess he was C. The first letter of Crows name is C so I guess it all fits. It was an alright story but that ending was kind of sudden.

And it does the thing with the villain who just revealed that they were a villain so they start to talk all smarmy when they didn't before. I hate that.

Also millium sucks.

To be fair, as soon as C announced himself, quite a few people went "he's Crow, isn't he", just on the basis of the names. And once Crow's actually on the suspect list for who C could be, it's not too hard to see it's him.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

I'd convinced myself it was Carl personally. I'm glad I did because my stupid nonsensical theory made what actually happened a nice surprise.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Amppelix posted:

Cold Steel was my first introduction to the Trails series, and this was basically my experience too. I think it's partly because despite them all being set up as checklists of anime traits they mostly acted like actual human beings.

Examples:
- When Rean ended up with his face in Alisa's chest 10 minutes in I was fully prepared for a chorus of 'Rean you baka hentai' but instead everyone goes 'it was obviously an accident, nbd', except Alisa who hangs onto it more out of habit than because she actually thinks Rean's a creep.
- Instead of magically becoming bffs in Chapter 2, Jusis and Machias gradually come to tolerate each other over the course of the game.
- Laura and Fie struggle to get along not because of some deep clash between their ideals but because they just can't figure each other out and it spirals into awkwardness - but everyone else assumes it's due to their wildly different backgrounds.
- In any other JRPG everyone would be fawning over how kawaii Millium is but instead they treat her with the same mix of resignation and embarrassment that you'd expect a from a bunch of teenagers dealing with a hyperactive kid.

That's just off the top of my head. It's weird to have something be anime as gently caress without everyone being, well, cartoons.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I think Emma was the one character I did not like at the end of the game. I'm hoping CS2 remedies this.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I really hated Machias at the stat, like woah dude chill out, but for whatever reason his characterization after the prologue/first chapter (particularly his troublesome views on women) was never really a thing again. So I was fine with him by the end. Really everyone was pretty solid, though I suppose Gaius was kind of boring and just kind of there.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nate RFB posted:

I really hated Machias at the stat, like woah dude chill out, but for whatever reason his characterization after the prologue/first chapter (particularly his troublesome views on women) was never really a thing again. So I was fine with him by the end. Really everyone was pretty solid, though I suppose Gaius was kind of boring and just kind of there.

Kinda hard to be chivalrous when the girls you know are generally stronger than you.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Yeah I think he figured it out once he saw Laura cut off that Garygoyle's head in the prologue.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Nate RFB posted:

Gaius' gimmick is he doesn't have any drama. He's just a well adjusted, talented, tall handsome dude who will be chief of his tribe one day. Frankly, he'd be the main character in some other game.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Levantine posted:

Gaius' gimmick is he doesn't have any drama. He's just a well adjusted, talented, tall handsome dude who will be chief of his tribe one day. Frankly, he'd be the main character in some other game.

No, no. Gaius' gimmick is WIND everything!

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Slur posted:

I think Emma was the one character I did not like at the end of the game. I'm hoping CS2 remedies this.

I disliked Millium too, but she was merely a bit irritating. She got a bit better towards the end, though. Emma, however, was my least favourite by far, mainly because she is so incredibly obviously hiding mysterious magic business for the entirety of the game, and she's barely ever pressured on it. It's nice at least that the rest of the cast aren't idiots and clearly know she's hiding something, and are just nice enough to not bother her about it, which'd be fine if not for the fact that the game rubs her mysteriousness in your face all the bloody time. We get it, there's stuff we don't know about Emma, but if we weren't going to find out much about it until CS2, there was no need for it to be brought up anywhere near as much as it was.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
I'm like 8-10 hours into Trails in the Sky, and it feels like I've barely started. Which I guess is probably true, given how long I've heard this game is. I just rescued the hostages and defeated the three Capua sky pirates, though they just escaped with a goddamn smoke grenade again, and I had to stop before resolving that.

That said, I'm already loving it. Aside from the first 30 minutes or so, while the game's wordy and I don't love the speed of the combat (the actual system's okay, enemy actions & movement just need to be resolve faster), I'm definitely liking the game a lot.

The translation's great. I'm used to stiff dialogue being a given for JRPGs, but for the most part people sound pretty natural/realistic (for being characters in a fantasy world). And I don't get bored on any of the main story quests like I usually do with JRPGs. So far at least, the various story quests are broken up into pretty small, palatable bits that make it feel like everything's moving pretty quick, so I stay engaged.

Anyway, I know that most/all of the people in this thread have already beaten it, but yeah. Glad to have several (apparently) good games ahead of me that I'll like.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Gaius probably suffers characterisation-wise due only coming along on 2 class trips, whereas I'm pretty sure all of the other starting class members get 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

I'm like 8-10 hours into Trails in the Sky, and it feels like I've barely started.

Glad you're liking it! The game gets better as the chapters go on, so if you're already enjoying it after Chapter 1, strap yourself in.

Also, part of why it feels like you've barely started is that the overall plot is a very slow burn. Enjoy the ride, enjoy the world and enjoy the characters.