Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Yeah, that'll teach people to protest abuses of power and being indiscriminately murdered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I never knew Kermit the Frog was such a racist piece of poo poo.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
The creator of that meme doesn't seem to realize that protesting the police isn't a call for a 24/7, all-year-long The Purge situation?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Is there a name for the cognitive bias where an expert in one subject assumes they're an expert in every subject?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Is there a name for the cognitive bias where an expert in one subject assumes they're an expert in every subject?

Engineering?

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

the hideous lizard is a racist

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

ponzicar posted:

Engineering?

:stoke:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Oh god, I should have just typed this guy's name into google.

The first result is a blog dedicated to him being a compulsive liar and sociopath and why women should beware of him if he tries to flirt with him online.
The second result is a blog about him being terrible at his job, and includes a link to a press release on Microsoft's site about how Microsoft is suing him for selling pirated software.
The third result is from rate my professors with a ton of complaints that he's a liar and incompetent

So yeah. He's an engineer.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

ponzicar posted:

Engineering?

:vince:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Radish posted:

Seriously I remember back fifteen years ago when this strip was mocking the concept of people working themselves to death for an uncaring company. Thinking back the signs were there but he really went off the libertarian deep end if VACATIONS are for lazy dummies.

It's a little schizophrenic, like this recent comic:

http://dilbert.com/strip/2016-07-10

Unsurprisingly, this one is also funnier than the vacation one.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Having worked with retired physicians in a previous job, I'd add "doctor" to "engineer" there.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

computer parts posted:

It's a little schizophrenic, like this recent comic:

http://dilbert.com/strip/2016-07-10

Unsurprisingly, this one is also funnier than the vacation one.

I couldn't help myself, I looked at the comments and welp.

quote:

I've never understood that particular whine. Being bored is stressful, having no control over your schedule is stressful, having work that is outside your capability is stressful, working with/for an idiot is stressful. Having plenty of work is an opportunity, especially if you are the only one with the skill set to get it done.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

ponzicar posted:

Engineering?

Oh wow that is on point.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

ponzicar posted:

Engineering?

Hey, I resemble that remark!

It's not my fault the rest of you don't take 20 minutes to become an expert at something :pseudo:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Radish posted:

He's a hand in a green klan robe.

ponzicar posted:

Engineering?
Nice.

Selachian posted:

Having worked with retired physicians in a previous job, I'd add "doctor" to "engineer" there.
Nice, nice.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Radish posted:

It's just like Cosby, Kermit plays a family friendly character on TV, but in reality he's a terrible person.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Dirk the Average posted:

Hey, I resemble that remark!

It's not my fault the rest of you don't take 20 minutes to become an expert at something :pseudo:

That actually brings us back to Scott Adams, who has argued that "experience" is irrelevant for choosing a president because anyone can master a subject with an hour of teaching from top experts.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

"We have top men teaching Trump right now."
"Who?"
"Top. Men."

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Samuel Clemens posted:

"We have top men teaching Trump right now."
"Who?"
"Top. Men."

I agree, Trump should be packed in a crate and sealed off from the rest of the world.

A good reference.

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

My eyes.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

the_steve posted:

Yeah, that'll teach people to protest abuses of power and being indiscriminately murdered.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's a who's who of absolute inompetance and racism.

I like how the SCOTUS Justice (only one?) is someone that's just been a tv celebrity for about ten years so that fits pretty well.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Getting that loving rear end in a top hat out of Milwaukee County might actually be worth it*.

*: Note: no, it would not, but gently caress Clarke sideways.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It really says something that the officials these people want are a combination of idiots, criminals, racists, and celebrities. "Low information voters" indeed.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ytlaya posted:

It's just like Cosby, Kermit plays a family friendly character on TV, but in reality he's a terrible person.

Its true, I once saw him backstage after a gig when he was alone, fucker wouldn't even acknowledge me when I was talking to him.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

I really like the ones that say things like, "Allen B. West - Secretary of Defense - Immediately mobilizes the entire army and triples the defense budget. ISIS is dead in a week."

Also, no Landerig.

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Aug 17, 2016

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Its true, I once saw him backstage after a gig when he was alone, fucker wouldn't even acknowledge me when I was talking to him.

The puppet?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rick_Hunter posted:

I really like the ones that say things like, "Allen B. West - Secretary of Defense - Immediately mobilizes the entire army and triples the defense budget. ISIS is dead in a week."

Also, no Landerig.

It's sad that after all these years they still think terrorism is still something you can beat with a hammer hard enough and it just goes away.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Selachian posted:

I asked this question a while ago, and someone suggested "Ben Carson Syndrome."

There should be a formal name for this. I think it's related to Dunning-Kruger.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Radish posted:

It's sad that after all these years they still think terrorism is still something you can beat with a hammer hard enough and it just goes away.

This is the generation of people who were told that we could have won Vietnam if the damned hippies hadn't stopped us from nuking Hanoi. To them ever war could be just and glorious like World War 2 if we just put in the same level of commitment to it.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Or just using weapons of (M)rear end destruction like conventional weapons.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Radish posted:

It's also sad that they think the Secretary of Defense determines the Defense Department's budget. But at least this line admits they want to use ground troops, rather than hemming and hawing about Obama needing to "get tough" while recommending the exact same actions he's already doing.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I'm not sure, I always considered Allen West to be Neutral Evil.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Well, I think to present the argument in it's entirety regarding ISIS, it has to be known that:

1. Republicans accuse Obama of overstepping his powers
2. Republicans criticize Obama for drone warfare
3. Republicans want Obama to do more to ISIS
4. Obama points out that this is about all he can loving do with the current AUMF (and it's working)
5. Obama says "Give me a new AUMF and I'll do it"
6. Republicans say "Nah, the current AUMF is good enough" (it isn't, for what they want to do).
7. Republicans blame Obama for having the audacity not to overstep his boundaries while not giving him the ability to do what Republicans thinks he needs to do to get the job done (which, we'll never really know what Republicans really think he should do because they're huge pussies who want to have their 'stop isis' cake and 'not actually have more U.S. Troops Die' eat it too.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

:thejoke:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I'm not sure, I always considered Allen West to be Neutral Evil.

Dammit, I just woke up and saw that image and wanted to make a similar joke. :argh:

:golfclap:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Radish posted:

Except domestically. They could totally win an armed rebellion.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Fuzzyskinner

Citizen of Canada

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Has Newt ever indicated that he's even interested in SoS?

If so, he's probably the one person on that chart that wouldn't be a complete disaster.

Or maybe it's the opposite, with everyone else, the bureaucracy will circle the wagons to keep the idiot pacified while they keep business going as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

No Ivanka, Eric, Donald Jr.? 'Cause you know they're gonna be in there.